Question about King Vegeta King Piccolo and King Cold

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Out of all three who had the greatest empire?

Who was more evil?

One Big Mob
One was Earth. One was Saiyans. One was the universe.

Most evil would be King Cold, But King Piccolo was depicted as the most evil.

TethAdamTheRock
Has King Cold ever crossed paths with the saiyans (King Vegeta)?

Galan007
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Has King Cold ever crossed paths with the saiyans (King Vegeta)? We don't know for sure either way, but I doubt it. The implication is that Freeza did nearly all of the 'negotiations' for their empire... Cold was more of a behind-the-scenes ruler.

As for this thread, King Cold obviously held the larger empire and it's not even remotely close. The Saiyans were his minions, so their territory was HIS territory. The earth was just one backwater world that wasn't even worth the time it took to conquer(they sent a Saiyan infant to conquer it, and didn't even bother to check back on his status for a few decadeS, lol.)

Regarding who was more evil- Even though King Cold and King Vegeta didn't get much screen/panel time at all, we know that Freeza and Cold shared the exact same ideals/goals(which should tell you how evil he was), and Saiyans were universally renowned for their extreme barbarism. So yeah...

Relative to the others, Piccolo Daimao is small fries, imo.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Galan007
We don't know for sure either way, but I doubt it. The implication is that Freeza did nearly all of the 'negotiations' for their empire... Cold was more of a behind-the-scenes ruler.

As for this thread, King Cold obviously held the larger empire and it's not even remotely close. The Saiyans were his minions, so their territory was HIS territory. The earth was just one backwater world that wasn't even worth the time it took to conquer(they sent a Saiyan infant to conquer it, and didn't even bother to check back on his status for a few decadeS, lol.)

Regarding who was more evil- Even though King Cold and King Vegeta didn't get much screen/panel time at all, we know that Freeza and Cold shared the exact same ideals/goals(which should tell you how evil he was), and Saiyans were universally renowned for their extreme barbarism. So yeah...

Relative to the others, KP is small fries, imo. Good post.

The Ellimist
King Piccolo may have been the most evil of the three, depending on what defines a "demon" - he sends people's souls to limbo when he kills them, but his son by the beginning of Z doesn't do that anymore, a fact that is explicitly linked to him becoming less evil.

TethAdamTheRock
Was Friezas empire still around in GT or Super?

Galan007
I don't recall it still being around in GT, but it was definitely around in DBS... That was kind of the premise behind the RoF film/arc.

SSJGGogeta
Yeah, King Piccolo was the most evil, tbh. King Cold and King Vegeta were certainly ruthless, but King Piccolo just went around killing people on Earth for the sport of it.

Cold and Vegeta at least had reasons for domination- supplies, wealth, etc. King Piccolo just loved killing people.

Regardless, Colds empire was vastly larger than Vegeta's empire, which was much larger than King Piccolo's.

Ridley_Prime
King Piccolo I guess is part demon, part Namekian or something? Well he was shown before the Namekian race's introduction was more refined, but with the kind of demons he had at his disposal, he didn't seem like a normal Namekian, though maybe I'm just overanalyzing.

Where does Dr Gero rank among them? While he may have not done much as a fighter, like King Cold with his limited screen time, some of the greatest threats still came as a result of his evil genius.

Galan007
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Yeah, King Piccolo was the most evil, tbh. King Cold and King Vegeta were certainly ruthless, but King Piccolo just went around killing people on Earth for the sport of it.

Cold and Vegeta at least had reasons for domination- supplies, wealth, etc. King Piccolo just loved killing people.

Regardless, Colds empire was vastly larger than Vegeta's empire, which was much larger than King Piccolo's. Cold ordered the slaughter of innumerable planets-worth of beings, in order to leave them vacant and ready to sell to buyers... King Vegeta did the same thing.

Imo, each were just as evil as Piccolo, but operated on a MUCH larger scale. /shrug

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Where does Dr Gero rank among them? While he may have not done much as a fighter, like King Cold with his limited screen time, some of the greatest threats still came as a result of his evil genius. True, but didn't Gero only create the Androids with the sole intent of killing Goku?

One Big Mob
The sole intent could be answered that he figured if Goku was out of the way then the Earth would fall as well. Goku did single handedly ruin the invincible Red Ribbon Army afterall.

Galan007
Good point. thumb up

Didn't think about it until now, but that is essentially what happened with the Androids in Future Trunks' timeline.

AuraAngel
King Piccolo is literally pure evil. Like magically expelled evil from god.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Galan007
Cold ordered the slaughter of innumerable planets-worth of beings, in order to leave them vacant and ready to sell to buyers... King Vegeta did the same thing.

Imo, each were just as evil as Piccolo, but operated on a MUCH larger scale. /shrug

The difference is that King Piccolo literally killed just for the sake of killing. As I said, Cold ordered the slaughter of planets worth of people for the sake of making money. He didn't ever express a particular joy in killing, he simply killed when it was necessary for him to do so.

King Vegeta was very similar in that regard, except I would view him as the least evil of the bunch. Saiyan's were viewed as a barbaric warrior race, but King Vegeta was only listening to Cold and Frieza because he didn't want his whole planet to be destroyed(something that was inevitable, because Beerus ultimately ordered so).

Honestly, I wouldn't even say Cold and Vegeta were really evil, as much as they were calloused and ruthless.

King Piccolo was literally the evil side of Kami personified. He was "pure evil", as in no good within him.

Which is why he took such joy in killing people and terrifying them. Something that was never really expressed by Cold or King Vegeta.

Galan007
Eh, King Cold went with Freeza to earth with the intent of killing everyone Goku loved, along with the entire f*cking planet... Just to get revenge.

Make no mistake, he was a sadistic mofo.

NemeBro
King Cold is more evil than King Piccolo.

King Piccolo actually cared about his "sons", personally going after Goku to avenge their deaths. He actually cares about them, treating them well and experiencing anger when they die.

King Cold, much like his son, cares nothing for his underlings and casually kills them for the most petty slights, and when his own son, Freeza, was killed by Trunks? His first response is to offer the guy who vaporized his son a job, and when Trunks refused to attempt to kill him in a very cowardly way. Cold had no love even for his children, no honor, and was ultimately a spineless coward who used his genetic power to subjugate the galaxy and slaughter untold billions, maybe more.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by NemeBro

King Piccolo actually cared about his "sons", personally going after Goku to avenge their deaths. He actually cares about them, treating them well and experiencing anger when they die.

King Cold, much like his son, cares nothing for his underlings and casually kills them for the most petty slights, and when his own son, Freeza, was killed by Trunks? His first response is to offer the guy who vaporized his son a job, and when Trunks refused to attempt to kill him in a very cowardly way. Cold had no love even for his children, no honor, and was ultimately a spineless coward who used his genetic power to subjugate the galaxy and slaughter untold billions, maybe more. Goku is more evil than King Piccolo?

NemeBro
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Goku is more evil than King Piccolo? Goku is more evil than the hypothetical lovechild of King Cold and King Piccolo, so yes.

SSJGGogeta

King Cold, much like his son, cares nothing for his underlings and casually kills them for the most petty slights, and when his own son, Freeza, was killed by Trunks? His first response is to offer the guy who vaporized his son a job, and when Trunks refused to attempt to kill him in a very cowardly way. Cold had no love even for his children, no honor, and was ultimately a spineless coward who used his genetic power to subjugate the galaxy and slaughter untold billions, maybe more.

Hm, I guess I didn't think about Piccolo Damaio's sons. I'd definitely at least say Piccolo was more evil than King Vegeta though.

NemeBro
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Hm, I guess I didn't think about Piccolo Damaio's sons. I'd definitely at least say Piccolo was more evil than King Vegeta though. Sure. King Vegeta was a brutal warlord, but he did care about his people, and at least some of his brutality is implicitly the result of Freeza's influence.

HueyFreeman
t0unyn-JemA

Cold and Vegeta were evil. I think piccolo was insane

TethAdamTheRock
How powerful was the most powerful Saiyan during King Vegetas reign

Where they even Super Saiyan 2 yet?

AuraAngel

They were all weaker than Dodoria it seemed so not even close to Super Saiyan lol.

SSJGGogeta

They were all weaker than King Vegeta himself, who was conversely weaker than Saiyan saga Vegeta. Therefore, they were all weaker than Saiyan saga Vegeta.

None of them even had Super Saiyan 1, dude, let alone SSJ2 or beyond.

TethAdamTheRock
So what happend when the Saiyans/Freizas race run across a race more powerful then them (Hit for example)

SSJGGogeta
So what happend when the Saiyans/Freizas race run across a race more powerful then them (Hit for example)

Dude, why are you even asking these questions? Just watch the series.

1. Hit is from DBS, not DBZ.

2. Hit's race is implied to not be a warrior race. Hit is the exception, being an assassin.

3. They never encountered anyone outside of Frieza's own family, and Beerus, who was more powerful than even first form Frieza.

SquallX

NemeBro
No. Goku's entire reason for being on Earth was to be a one man extinction event.

AuraAngel
No. Goku's entire reason for being on Earth was to be a one man extinction event.

Toriyama retconned this in Dragonball Minus. Bardock and Gine sent Kakarott to Earth because Freeza was acting very suspicious and Bardock was being cautious to save his son(Raditz was already off planet so he was fine).

Basically Goku really now is just Superman in terms of origins. Sorta.

Ridley_Prime
Meh. Movie Bardock will always be my head-canon, not that DB Minus is bad.

Galan007
Minus was pointless and stupid.

It was just Toriyama desperately trying to create unneeded parallels between Goku and Superman. srsly

AuraAngel
Minus feels more like how it logically would have gone but it basically has none of the power of the special sadly.

That's not the first time the anime makes things cooler though. Super technically contradicts the manga by having Trunks go SSJ at Gohan's death, which wasn't the case in Toriyama's manga.

NemeBro
Super is just biting the future Trunks timeline film which depicted the same thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.