Schumer the Clown "I wont vote for this judge because he's white."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blindside12
What a racist.

Link

Surtur

Robtard
Trey Gowdy's the guy who foolishly attached his name to the Republican memo and is now shame-quitting politics because it flopped.

Schumer's stupid for taking this angle and it backfired on him. You have to be a Republican to take this angle and it work. Like when Trump claimed an American Judge could not do his job because Trump assumed he was Mexican; Trumpers had no problem with that then.

Funny thing, that same judge later sided with Trump on an issue with his silly wall and Trump applauded.

Blindside12
Rob again does anything to address other issues un related to Schumers racism.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Trey Gowdy's the guy who foolishly attached his name to the Republican memo and is now shame-quitting politics because it flopped.

Schumer's stupid for taking this angle and it backfired on him. You have to be a Republican to take this angle and it work. Like when Trump claimed an American Judge could not do his job because Trump assumed he was Mexican; Trumpers had no problem with that then.

Funny thing, that same judge later sided with Trump on an issue with his silly wall and Trump applauded.

^^Look how triggered he got over Gowdy burning the hell out of Schumer something fierce.

Blindside12
Originally posted by Surtur
^^Look how triggered he got over Gowdy burning the hell out of Schumer something fierce.

Rob get of jail card that he isnt a progressive is "I wanted Ron Paul to win!"

Robtard
Originally posted by Blindside12
Rob again does anything to address other issues un related to Schumers racism.

I literally said: "Schumer's stupid for taking this angle and it backfired on him".

Blindside12
I literally said: "Schumer's stupid for taking this angle and it backfired on him".

Stupid? No no, he was racist. This was like when you said Clinton was a scumbag, and not a rapist.

Robtard
Rob get of jail card that he isnt a progressive is "I wanted Ron Paul to win!"

Um, I wanted Bernie Sanders to win; if not, John Kasich. Ron Paul didn't run. Are you feeling okay?

ps I am a "progressive", it means "progress"; that's a good thing, comrade smile

Blindside12
Progress in the wrong direction isn't progress. Are you going to call Schumer a racist, or just "this was a stupid angle."

Robtard
Stupid? No no, he was racist. This was like when you said Clinton was a scumbag, and not a rapist.

You and your comrade Surtur inappropriately throw the word "racist" around so much, it has no real meaning when you do it anymore.

Blindside12
I dont throw it around that much, but feel free to quote me "throwing it around to much."

Blindside12
Speaking of Comrades

OfY1xuM_N2I

Surtur
I dont throw it around that much, but feel free to quote me "throwing it around to much."

He's projecting big time now lol. The leftists here hurl accusations of someone being racist, sexist, or a nazi when it doesn't apply more than anyone else here.

Remember when it was sexist to not want Donna Brazile to become president?

Blindside12
Hes still refused to call him a racist.

Firefly218

Bashar Teg
I literally said: "Schumer's stupid for taking this angle and it backfired on him". you ruined another of his carefully crafted strawman angles on page 1 and made him angry. so now he has to project and pretend that your reasoble and sober assessment of the situation (and situational ethics there in) were spoken with much anger.

Surtur

Robtard
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
you ruined another of his carefully crafted strawman angles on page 1 and made him angry. so now he has to project and pretend that your reasoble and sober assessment of the situation (and situational ethics there in) were spoken with much anger.

Par for the course, like Surt's racism

Surtur
He's projecting big time now lol. The leftists here hurl accusations of someone being racist, sexist, or a nazi when it doesn't apply more than anyone else here.

Par for the course, like Surt's racism

Too funny.

Emperordmb
What a piece of shit. How is this guy one of the leaders of the democratic party?

Surtur

Firefly218

Surtur

Firefly218

Robtard

Surtur

Surtur
A Bingo and a Yahtzee. Good job, FF.

Lol at this point you just aren't to be taken seriously.

Firefly218

Surtur

Blindside12
Firefly has all the answers as a freshman in college.

Blindside12
Originally posted by Emperordmb
What a piece of shit. How is this guy one of the leaders of the democratic party?

LOOLlaughing out loud

Surtur
Firefly has all the answers as a freshman in college.

Lol it wonder what kind of stories are printed in his school newspaper...I'm guessing a lot of anti-Trump stuff.

Nibedicus
I doubt Schumer was being racist tbh.

More like pandering to racists.

NemeBro
What a racist.

Link So I can't seem to find Schumer saying "I won't vote for this judge because he's white", can you cite that quotation?

Nibedicus
"This seat has been vacant for a long time," Schumer said Friday. "The two people nominated were African Americans, and I said now this new fellow is white, and we need the bench to have real diversity."

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/02/politics/schumer-south-carolina-district-judge-nominee/index.html

Blindside12
Originally posted by Nibedicus
"This seat has been vacant for a long time," Schumer said Friday. "The two people nominated were African Americans, and I said now this new fellow is white, and we need the bench to have real diversity."

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/02/politics/schumer-south-carolina-district-judge-nominee/index.html

Pathetic

Blindside12
Originally posted by NemeBro
So I can't seem to find Schumer saying "I won't vote for this judge because he's white", can you cite that quotation?

The main link in the video of him saying it.

NemeBro

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/02/politics/schumer-south-carolina-district-judge-nominee/index.html So are you saying that "I won't vote for this judge because he's white" was never actually said?

It seems that this funny little man's problem is less what color the judge's skin is, than what color it isn't. Do you follow?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Emperordmb

That is kind of funny. Shumer won't VOTE for this guy because he is the wrong race.

I wouldn't vote for Shumer because HE IS A POS!!!!!!

Nibedicus

Surtur
Originally posted by NemeBro
So are you saying that "I won't vote for this judge because he's white" was never actually said?

It seems that this funny little man's problem is less what color the judge's skin is, than what color it isn't. Do you follow?

And you follow either way that is racist, correct?

Surtur

Firefly218

Silent Master

Surtur

aalyasecura95
i wonder what problem white ppl have with diversity?? i think chuck schumer was quite brave as a white man to say that there is not enough diversity in our government and that we need to change. democrats can't back down on this issue.

Surtur
Originally posted by aalyasecura95
i wonder what problem white ppl have with diversity?? i think chuck schumer was quite brave as a white man to say that there is not enough diversity in our government and that we need to change. democrats can't back down on this issue.

Hmm, well what he's doing isn't actually that brave. You are correct he is a white man. Wouldn't a true mark of bravery be if he gave up his position to a black person?

What do you feel the chances of that ever happening are, on a scale of 1 to 10?

Silent Master

IOW, you're racist. thanks for letting us know.

Blindside12

Diversity aims to divide people

Harvard Professor

The downside of diversity

http://archive.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/articles/2007/08/05/the_downside_of_diversity/

Surtur
No doubt the lack of diversity in the NBA just grinds Schumers gears.

aalyasecura95
Originally posted by Silent Master
IOW, you're racist. thanks for letting us know. it is NOT racist to support diversity and equality. we have had white males ruling the country for centuries and allowing officials from other cultures is in no way racist towards white ppl. policies like affirmative action are also simply making up for those massive gaps and inequalities created. no matter how you spin it, anti-racism is not racism.

Silent Master
it is NOT racist to support diversity and equality. we have had white males ruling the country for centuries and allowing officials from other cultures is in no way racist towards white ppl. policies like affirmative action are also simply making up for those massive gaps and inequalities created. no matter how you spin it, anti-racism is not racism.

What is your definition of racism?

aalyasecura95
What is your definition of racism? discrimination against another race from a position of power (prejudice plus power).

Silent Master
discrimination against another race from a position of power (prejudice plus power).

So an unemployed and homeless KKK member can't be racist?

aalyasecura95
So an unemployed and homeless KKK member can't be racist? no because he is still in a position of privilege due to being white. that is the dominant race and culture in america and so all white ppl benefit from it to some degree. his position in society is still higher than an unemployed and homeless black man who would probably be shot by cops and is more likely to be arrested and so on.

Silent Master
no because he is still in a position of privilege due to being white. that is the dominant race and culture in america and so all white ppl benefit from it to some degree. his position in society is higher than an unemployed and homeless black man who would probably be shot by cops and is more likely to be arrested and so on.

Just to humor you, if that KKK member were to move to Japan. would he still be a racist?

aalyasecura95
Just to humor you, if that KKK member were to move to Japan. would he still be a racist? yes because in the grand scheme of things he has still been quite privileged. the fact that he even has the money to move to japan and start a new life is something that many black ppl don't get to do because they are mostly born in poverty.

Silent Master
yes because in the grand scheme of things he has still been quite privileged. the fact that he even has the money to move to japan and start a new life is something that many black ppl don't get to do because they are mostly born in poverty.

Thanks for admitting that positions of power aren't needed to be racist.

Thanks for playing.

aalyasecura95
Thanks for admitting that positions of power aren't needed to be racist.

Thanks for playing. he is in a position of power though. he has the wealth to move across countries and escape his situation. in his home country, he is also more likely to start off with more wealth and is in the majority culture. that is a position of power that white people like him have. as i said, a black person who is poor will likely be shot be cops or arrested before having any chance to improve their condition.

Silent Master
You're aware that a white person in Japan wouldn't be a part of the majority and the person in my example was homeless and unemployed. So again, thanks for admitting that people can be racist without holding a position of power.

Thanks for playing.

aalyasecura95
You're aware that a white person in Japan wouldn't be a part of the majority okay but i am mainly talking about his origins and his home country. white people are born into better conditions than black people are most of the time and are far less likely to be shot by cops or arrested. that gives them more power to improve their condition that black ppl don't have....

a homeless and unemployed person who apparently has the wealth to move across countries and start a new life.... yep i think this is just a bs hypothetical that does not disprove my point.

Silent Master
You said the homeless and unemployed person would still be racist even if he was in a country where he was in the minority and held no power.

Thanks for playing.

aalyasecura95
You said the homeless and unemployed person would still be racist even if he was in a country where he was in the minority and held no power.
i'm talking about his origins and the status of privilege that white people like him were brought up in. that gives him greater wealth and power.

Nibedicus

Silent Master
i'm talking about his origins and the status of privilege that white people like him were brought up in. that gives him greater wealth and power.

He's in Japan now, he has no wealth or power and yet according to you, he's still a racist.

Thanks for playing.

aalyasecura95
He's in Japan now, he has no wealth or power and yet according to you, he's still a racist.. yes he has the privilege to actually move across countries and actually escape his conditions. and again white privilege does not disappear once you move across borders. you were still brought up in a country that gave you many advantages. that is power that minorities cannot enjoy.

Blindside12

So if a person immigrated from Italy, and they were subject to bigotry in the past, are they still from wealth and privilege?

aalyasecura95
So if a person immigrated from Italy, and they were subject to bigotry in the past, are they still from wealth and privilege? it depends on the circumstances of the situation. but really europe and other countries don't have this problem so much due to their anti-discrimination laws and laws against hate speech.

cdtm
no because he is still in a position of privilege due to being white. that is the dominant race and culture in america and so all white ppl benefit from it to some degree. his position in society is still higher than an unemployed and homeless black man who would probably be shot by cops and is more likely to be arrested and so on.

Dominant how? Define "dominance"?

Nibedicus
yes he has the privilege to actually move across countries and actually escape his conditions. and again white privilege does not disappear once you move across borders. you were still brought up in a country that gave you many advantages. that is power that minorities cannot enjoy.

You know there are poor white ppl, too, right?

cdtm
You know there are poor white ppl, too, right?

And there are rich "minorites". Some with greater economic success on average then "white people".

Blindside12
it depends on the circumstances of the situation. but really europe and other countries don't have this problem so much due to their anti-discrimination laws and laws against hate speech.

This isnt about Europe, Im talking about an Italian who immigrated to this country in the 20's and made a life for himself and his family here in America.

Silent Master
yes he has the privilege to actually move across countries and actually escape his conditions. and again white privilege does not disappear once you move across borders. you were still brought up in a country that gave you many advantages. that is power that minorities cannot enjoy.

I'd like to thank you for proving to the entire board that you're racist.

aalyasecura95
Originally posted by cdtm
Dominant how? Define "dominance"? being in the majority culture, having people of your race and gender in positions of power, being more likely to grow up in wealth, being able to improve your condition much more easily and historic discrimination and segregation which gave many advantages to whites over many centuries.

You know there are poor white ppl, too, right? yes but they do not have it as bad as black people and have people in positions of power that legislate on behalf of their interests. white privilege is universal among all white people to some degree due to this. i shouldn't even need to mention how the cops treat black ppl.

cdtm
being in the majority culture, having people of your race and gender in positions of power, being more likely to grow up in wealth, being able to improve your condition much more easily and historic discrimination and segregation which gave many advantages to whites over many centuries.

Now explain why being in a majority position of power and wealth is a valid criticism. Why is success a bad thing?

Blindside12
being in the majority culture, having people of your race and gender in positions of power, being more likely to grow up in wealth, being able to improve your condition much more easily and historic discrimination and segregation which gave many advantages to whites over many centuries.

yes but they do not have it as bad as black people and have people in positions of power that legislate on behalf of their interests. white privilege is universal among all white people to some degree due to this. i shouldn't even need to mention how the cops treat black ppl.

Race isnt the same as skin color, there are white Iraqis, there are also white Spaniards, there are white Persians, there are white Australians, there are white Japanese, there are White Chinese, there are white Vietnamese etc.

Surtur
no because he is still in a position of privilege due to being white. that is the dominant race and culture in america and so all white ppl benefit from it to some degree. his position in society is still higher than an unemployed and homeless black man who would probably be shot by cops and is more likely to be arrested and so on.

You don't need to be in a position of power to hold racist views. It makes no sense to suggest otherwise.

jaden101

yes but they do not have it as bad as black people and have people in positions of power that legislate on behalf of their interests.

When you think you've seen the most retarded statements you'll ever see on KMC then along comes this.

Silent Master

yes but they do not have it as bad as black people and have people in positions of power that legislate on behalf of their interests. white privilege is universal among all white people to some degree due to this. i shouldn't even need to mention how the cops treat black ppl.

What about a white person that grew up in an orphanage in Japan, do they have "white privilege"?

cdtm
Originally posted by jaden101
When you think you've seen the most retarded statements you'll ever see on KMC then along comes this.

I really wonder if people who say such nonsense are earnest. Or if they're trolls.

I mean, it has us worked up, and we're sure not Trumpers. Pretty much all this line of reasoning does is stifle debate, because it's (dare I say it) "triggering" to everyone who hears it (Whether they agree with it or not.)

aalyasecura95
Now explain why being in a majority position of power and wealth is a valid criticism. Why is success a bad thing? because the 'success' is built on centuries of slavery oppression and segregation which still leaves marks in our society. affirmative actions and true reparations are needed to end the unfair privilege.

Silent Master
IMO aalyasecura95 is racist.

Nibedicus

Blindside12
This isnt about Europe, Im talking about an Italian who immigrated to this country in the 20's and made a life for himself and his family here in America.
Race isnt the same as skin color, there are white Iraqis, there are also white Spaniards, there are white Persians, there are white Australians, there are white Japanese, there are White Chinese, there are white Vietnamese etc.

Keep dodging this.

Surtur
okay but i am mainly talking about his origins and his home country. white people are born into better conditions than black people are most of the time and are far less likely to be shot by cops or arrested. that gives them more power to improve their condition that black ppl don't have....

a homeless and unemployed person who apparently has the wealth to move across countries and start a new life.... yep i think this is just a bs hypothetical that does not disprove my point.

What you're failing to understand is that power is not needed to be racist. Anyone of any race can be racist. A white guy calling a black guy the N word is racist, and a mexican guy calling a black guy the N word is racist.

What requires power is imposing your own racist views on society as a whole. An example would be someone trying to get a law passed to make it so all blacks need to sit in the back of the bus.

And these days there isn't really any white privilege. Instead you have class privilege.

Surtur
because the 'success' is built on centuries of slavery oppression and segregation which still leaves marks in our society. affirmative actions and true reparations are needed to end the unfair privilege.

Penalizing people who had nothing to do with slavery in order to make up for the fact slavery was a thing is silly.

On top of that,, only a very small percentage of Americans actually owned slaves.

As for affirmative action , I have a question. Let us say you had a black guy and a white guy up for the same job. The white guy is more qualified, but upon doing research it turns out his ancestors owned slaves. Who should get the job?

jaden101
because the 'success' is built on centuries of slavery oppression and segregation which still leaves marks in our society. affirmative actions and true reparations are needed to end the unfair privilege.

So what would be "true reparations". Seeing as you're speaking for all black people.

aalyasecura95
okay it looks like a lot of white ppl are flipping out when i call out their privilege. i am not saying that people of other cultures cannot be poor or say prejudiced things, but white ppl have a special privilege and place in society due to slavery and oppression and also colonialism. in their native countries this gives white people the power to turn their prejudice into racist policy that discriminates against other people. you cannot say that policy crafted to help minorities who have no power is racist because they are simply correcting the wrongs that already exist, and actually don't have much representation or ability to escape/improve their condition as whites do.

aalyasecura95
So what would be "true reparations". Seeing as you're speaking for all black people. it would come in a combination of many different forms. of course there are cash payments but also infrastructure projects with jobs reserved for black ppl. also we need more housing and give black people the same help that white people got for mortgages. then we need much more investment into the education in black areas where the schools are struggling. these are just a few of the solutions and experts could probably list many more.

Silent Master
Nobody is flipping out over a racist pointing out their massively biased opinion. but nice try at using the "you mad" tactic.

Nibedicus

cdtm
Indeed, SM.

Frankly, he's welcome to believe what he likes.

I don't think anyone here will argue against the fact America has a history of exploitation. The trail of tears, slavery, discrimination against immigrants.

My main issue, is chalking this up to "blame white people forever" line doesn't have any substance to it.

Who counts as white, for example? Anyone who looks it?

Is a white arab, a white hispanic, and a white person of jewish descent equally responsible for "reparations"?

And how much is "enough"? How do you set a dollar amount on this?

It's not really worth arguing against a non argument..

aalyasecura95
@nibedicus: no but he can be prejudiced. he doesn't have the power to oppress and discriminate in a meaningful way however and so that prejudice cannot be translated to true racism.

Silent Master
So if a white person and 3 black people were shipwrecked on a deserted Island, could the black people be racist?

Nibedicus

cdtm
A person of color, or a minority can have power in this country.

I can apply for a job in a predominantly Indian consulting agency, and be turned down because I m not Indian. (And for the record, this has happened enough to require legal enforcement of non Indian quota's. Including "white" non Indians.)

Power is fairly relative in this country. Silicon Valley is majority white. Hollywood,,at the top levels, is not.

Flyattractor
yes

aalyasecura95
@nibedicus: not in broader society no. he still lacks power in society. however he is clearly prejudiced for singling out a white woman to attack. but this does not change the privilege of white people in society at large, who actually have the power to oppress and discriminate minorities and deny them opportunities.

Flyattractor
So what about in Countries where other "People of Minority"
are OPPRESSED by Other People of Color?

Should we blame that on White People too?

Nibedicus

cdtm
@nibedicus: not in broader society no. he still lacks power in society. however he is clearly prejudiced for singling out a white woman to attack. but this does not change the privilege of white people in society at large, who actually have the power to oppress and discriminate minorities and deny them opportunities.

What whites? What positions of power?

White "trumpers" are generally looked down at as uneducated hicks who work at Wendy's.

Surtur
okay it looks like a lot of white ppl are flipping out when i call out their privilege. i am not saying that people of other cultures cannot be poor or say prejudiced things, but white ppl have a special privilege and place in society due to slavery and oppression and also colonialism. in their native countries this gives white people the power to turn their prejudice into racist policy that discriminates against other people. you cannot say that policy crafted to help minorities who have no power is racist because they are simply correcting the wrongs that already exist, and actually don't have much representation or ability to escape/improve their condition as whites do.

Informing you that you are wrong is not flipping out. You talking about white privilege only makes sense if you just time traveled here from the 1950s.

And yes, a policy created to prioritize race is indeed racist. Notice the policy wasn't "if you have people from a variety of different races and they are all equally qualified, just put their names in a hat and pick one" or anything like that. It was "if everything else is equal, factor in race".

And yes, what Chuck Schumer did was also racist and anyone who doesn't see that is mentally challenged. His only concern should have been if the person was or was not qualified. If the situation was different and it was Republicans complaining about there being too many blacks chosen...the Democrats would have an utter meltdown.

jaden101
it would come in a combination of many different forms. of course there are cash payments but also infrastructure projects with jobs reserved for black ppl. also we need more housing and give black people the same help that white people got for mortgages. then we need much more investment into the education in black areas where the schools are struggling. these are just a few of the solutions and experts could probably list many more.

Your only legitimate point there is investment in education.

Seems to me the only true reparations is to return descendants of slavery to the pre-slavery state. That was tried in Liberia and Sierra Leone and didn't exactly turn out too well despite colossal initial investment.

Some great examples of how it went were the American Liberians seizing power and preventing indigenous Liberians from voting. The American Liberian population splitting into factions based on wealth. They received hundreds of millions of dollars of investment without stipulation and squandered it all via corruption and embezzlement. Economic mismanagement caused their own currency to collapse and forced them to adopt the US Dollar. Then in 1927 it was found that the Liberian government was, ironically, using indigenous slave labour. Jog on a few years and you get 2 civil wars, genocide, child slave soldiers, general butt naked and his redemption and now the mighty AC Milan player George Weah as President so at least things are looking up if his phenomenal goal against Verona is anything to go by.

cdtm
Education has problems that need more then money to correct.

Deep rooted, systemic problems.

We all went through "the system", so you probably know what I'm talking about. There's too many competing priorities, due to the very nature of a buraucracy at the public level.

And higher ed isn't much better.. At that level, it becomes about research grants, publishing in journals, the presteige of the school and the money brought into it. Education itself is literally the lowest priority.

Basically, we have a major competing interest here: The needs of the kids vs the needs of the people who work in the industries, to advance their own careers.

Adam_PoE
okay it looks like a lot of white ppl are flipping out when i call out their privilege.

Congratulations on derailing the thread just when it seemed like it was going to start getting productive. thumb up

darthgoober
@nibedicus: no but he can be prejudiced. he doesn't have the power to oppress and discriminate in a meaningful way however and so that prejudice cannot be translated to true racism.
Google the definition for racism. Power in society is no where mentioned in the definition. You're trying to shift the definition into something else so that it can't be used against racist members of minorities, but your definition is in no way factually accurate.

Firefly218
Seems to me the only true reparations is to return descendants of slavery to the pre-slavery state. One of the most ridiculous regressive attitudes out there. Centuries of slavery and oppression don't just get returned for a refund...

Firefly218
Informing you that you are wrong is not flipping out. You talking about white privilege only makes sense if you just time traveled here from the 1950s.

And yes, a policy created to prioritize race is indeed racist. Notice the policy wasn't "if you have people from a variety of different races and they are all equally qualified, just put their names in a hat and pick one" or anything like that. It was "if everything else is equal, factor in race".

And yes, what Chuck Schumer did was also racist and anyone who doesn't see that is mentally challenged. His only concern should have been if the person was or was not qualified. If the situation was different and it was Republicans complaining about there being too many blacks chosen...the Democrats would have an utter meltdown. Racism doesn't affect white people as badly as it affects minorities. THAT is privilege.

And when almost everyone in power is white, ideally that should be because they're all the most qualified and it's all a crazy coincidence. Unfortunately, that's not the reason. There's such a diverse pool of qualified people to choose from and yet the only nominations are for more white people, again and again.

Firefly218

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Firefly218
Your thinking is on a very micro level. That person is speaking "broadly"

Irrelevant. This scenario was on a micro level. Bringing up the macro to excuse the vile racism of another just showcases his bias and racial prejudice (aka racism).

Firefly218
Irrelevant. This scenario was on a micro level. Bringing up the macro to excuse the vile racism of another just showcases his bias and racial prejudice (aka racism). A white person can suffer racism just as a black person can, that is not under dispute. Skin color alone doesn't mean a thing, it's the social structures behind it that are the problem.

For example, a white man named Bob owns a bar and a black man named John walks in.

If John is racist towards Bob, he'll just get refused service and it won't affect Bob. John has no power over Bob.

If Bob is racist towards John though, he has the power the kick him out of the bar and refuse him reentry.

The skin color alone didn't mean a thing, you see what I mean?

Nibedicus

darthgoober
A white person can suffer racism just as a black person can, that is not under dispute. Skin color alone doesn't mean a thing, it's the social structures behind it that are the problem.

For example, a white man named Bob owns a bar and a black man named John walks in.

If John is racist towards Bob, he'll just get refused service and it won't affect Bob. John has no power over Bob.

If Bob is racist towards John though, he has the power the kick him out of the bar and refuse him reentry.

The skin color alone didn't mean a thing, you see what I mean?
The person he's debating is of the opinion that minorities can't be racist, only white people can. That's actually the very thing being disputed in their discussion.

Firefly218
Nah I just skimmed dude.

The laws are great, but I was using that example not literally but as a kind of metaphorical allusion. In America, white people still own the bar.

If John owned the bar and kicked out Bob, that would metaphorically be an example of black privilege. And would be equally wrong to white privilege. There's no double standards here.

Silent Master
Originally posted by darthgoober
The person he's debating is of the opinion that minorities can't be racist, only white people can. That's actually the very thing being disputed in their discussion.

Firefly is just here to White Knight and cheerlead,

Nibedicus

Firefly218
The person he's debating is of the opinion that minorities can't be racist, only white people can. That's actually the very thing being disputed in their discussion. That's just a semantics thing, you're arguing definitions. That person's definition of racism is different from yours.

You say that any discrimination based on skin color is racism, right? He says racism can only come when those in power discriminate based on skin color.

Ultimately you can at least agree that both types of racism are wrong

darthgoober
Nah I just skimmed dude.

The laws are great, but I was using that example not literally but as a kind of metaphorical allusion. In America, white people still own the bar.

If John owned the bar and kicked out Bob, that would metaphorically be an example of black privilege. And would be equally wrong to white privilege. There's no double standards here.
A black man just held the deed for 8 years...

Nibedicus

darthgoober
That's just a semantics thing, you're arguing definitions. That person's definition of racism is different from yours.

You say that any discrimination based on skin color is racism, right? He says racism can only come when those in power discriminate based on skin color.

Ultimately you can at least agree that both types of racism are wrong
It's not two different types of racism, my definition is inclusive of what he defines as racism. My definition isn't one born of my own opinion/preference, it's the ACTUAL definition...

https://www.google.com/search?q=racism+definition&rlz=1C1PRFI_enUS766US766&oq=ra&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j69i61j69i60j69i61j0.2318j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

What he's suggesting isn't all that much different than trying to change the word "cat" to only mean "Lions" and expecting everyone else to go along with it.

Firefly218

Firefly218
A black man just held the deed for 8 years... 1 black President doesn't change these sociopolitical structures that have been in place for hundreds of years. It's a step in the right direction though.

darthgoober
1 black President doesn't change these sociopolitical structures that have been in place for hundreds of years. It's a step in the right direction though.
You're right it doesn't, years and years of working towards that end is what has accomplished it. A black president simply demonstrates that the our efforts have been successful. Not at stamping out racism itself of course, but making sure that the system itself no longer makes it impossible for a black person to achieve anything a white person can. All the public doors are open to everyone now.

Firefly218
You're right it doesn't, years and years of working towards that end is what has accomplished it. A black president simply demonstrates that the our efforts have been successful. Not at stamping out racism itself of course, but making sure that the system no longer makes it impossible for a black person to achieve anything a white person can. thumb up We've made tons of progress no doubt. White privilege is slowly on the decline. But it seems to me that the weakening of white privilege in the mainstream has caused fringe white nationalism to take hold and that's what partially fueled Trump's campaign. Millions of fed up white people.

Nibedicus
You think the media is overcompensating against white privilege then?

If so then you at least have a valid point. It's true sometimes it goes too far and many people can be extreme. But that doesn't change the fact that white privilege in America still exists.

Slowly though I think that's changing. Which is why a lot of white people who have historically benefited from the status quo are freaking out.

Are you gonna ever address my debate with aalya?

And your point. Power is relative. Privilege is relative. And privilege only really applies in the absence of stronger micro/macro environmental factors in a specific given scenario.

Which is in the case that I posted in my debate with aalya.

darthgoober
thumb up We've made tons of progress no doubt. White privilege is slowly on the decline. But it seems to me that the weakening of white privilege in the mainstream has caused fringe white nationalism to take hold and that's what partially fueled Trump's campaign. Millions of fed up white people.
Actual systemic white privilege is gone. Otherwise a black man wouldn't have won the position of president over a white man, twice. For that matter it's absence is why multiple minority groups out earn white people on average.

Silent Master
Are you gonna ever address my debate with aalya?

And your point. Power is relative. Privilege is relative. And privilege only really applies in the absence of stronger micro/macro environmental factors in a specific given scenario.

Which is in the case that I posted in my debate with aalya.

No, he is just going to keep spouting buzz words and talking points, it's almost all he's good for.

Firefly218
Actual systemic white privilege is gone. Otherwise a black man wouldn't have won the position of president over a white man. For that matter it's absence is why multiple minority groups out earn white people on average. Here's a stat, in the last couple years Congress has been 80% white, 80% male and 92% Christian. White men still own the Bar.

And I don't necessarily have a problem with the stats, what I have a problem with is that these dominantly white male Christians continue to only nominate people EXACTLY like them despite their being so many qualified minorities. It causes more racial division when only 1 skin color is in power and that is being repeatedly perpetuated with these nominations.

About the minorities earning more than white people thing. If you're referring to Asians, a lot of that is because the ones that come to America are the cream of the crop. Speaking as a child of Asian immigrants myself, only the brightest, sharpest and hardest working are able to come to America.

Firefly218
No, he is just going to keep spouting buzz words and talking points, it's almost all he's good for. You're so angry

darthgoober
Here's a stat, in the last couple years Congress has been 80% white, 80% male and 92% Christian. White men still own the Bar.

And I don't necessarily have a problem with the stats, what I have a problem with is that these dominantly white male Christians continue to only nominate people EXACTLY like them despite their being so many qualified minorities. It causes more racial division when only 1 skin color is in power and that is being repeatedly perpetuated with these nominations.

About the minorities earning more than white people thing. If you're referring to Asians, a lot of that is because the ones that come to America are the cream of the crop. Speaking as a child of Asian immigrants myself, only the brightest, sharpest and hardest working are able to come to America.
Yeah, white people are still the majority so there's going to be more of them in power. And political positions in congress are held for long periods of time, you've just got to wait for more of the incumbents to die off and/or retire. The balance will happen organically without forcing it, and it'll happen a lot faster if people stop telling minorities that they're all but doomed to failure even if they put in legwork.

Not just asians, Nigerian Americans(who are black if you didn't know) on average more than whites too I believe. But you are right about the cause, it's because they're bright, sharp, and most importantly WORK HARD. They don't listen to people who tell them that tell them they need systemic advantages over white people.to overcome "white privilege" and succeed.

Here's a Nigerian American to explain it in more detail...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru4SVUlNfMY&t=1s

Silent Master
Yeah, white people are still the majority so there's going to be more of them in power. And political positions in congress are held for long periods of time, you've just got to wait for more of the incumbents to die off and/or retire. The balance will happen organically without forcing it, and it'll happen a lot faster if people stop telling minorities that they're all but doomed to failure even if they put in legwork.

Not just asians, Nigerian Americans(who are black if you didn't know) on average more than whites too I believe. But you are right about the cause, it's because they're bright, sharp, and most importantly WORK HARD. They don't listen to people who tell them that tell them they need systemic advantages over white people.to overcome "white privilege" and succeed.

In this day and age things like white privilege, the patriarchy and systematic oppression are just the excuses lazy people make in order to feel better about themselves.

jaden101
One of the most ridiculous regressive attitudes out there. Centuries of slavery and oppression don't just get returned for a refund...

Not quite as ridiculous as "money will make it go away"

Reparations. How about personal responsibility.

cdtm

That's right.

And isn't it funny that asians are a minority liberals are as guilty of making fun of as conservatives?

Voting Democrat isn't good enough to warrent their protection? Maybe some spite at being able to succeed dispite looking nothing like a white guy, as they keep telling everyone is a near impossible obstacle to overcome?

Surtur
Racism doesn't affect white people as badly as it affects minorities. THAT is privilege.

And when almost everyone in power is white, ideally that should be because they're all the most qualified and it's all a crazy coincidence. Unfortunately, that's not the reason. There's such a diverse pool of qualified people to choose from and yet the only nominations are for more white people, again and again.

No, it's not a privilege. White privilege is indeed a myth.

And if you want to speak privilege, what about the privilege of being able to bring up racist shit done to you without people whining or being condescending? How many times has a white talked about being discriminated against just for some jackass to go "boo hoo poor white guy" ?

Blindside12
You think the media is overcompensating against white privilege then?

If so then you at least have a valid point. It's true sometimes it goes too far and many people can be extreme. But that doesn't change the fact that white privilege in America still exists.

Slowly though I think that's changing. Which is why a lot of white people who have historically benefited from the status quo are freaking out.

I guess you dont know about the whites in other countries that have had oppression. But no one here actually takes the time to read about it. Whites have faced persecution in Rhodesia now Zimbabwe. Since you are one of those "word citizen types" who care about other countries, might want to look around.

White Christians have been persecuted all over Japan, they had to hid in fear of their lives from being executed in the worse ways.

There are many other examples of christian and white persecution.

Today with Progressive Marxism, its basically a sin to be white. And its only going to get worse. Who knows how much further its going to go in America with Clowns like Schumer and Pelosi.

Pelosi said her grandson said he wished he wasnt white, this is how dumb this country has become.

Surtur
I guess you dont know about the whites in other countries that have had oppression. But no one here actually takes the time to read about it. Whites have faced persecution in Rhodesia now Zimbabwe. Since you are one of those "word citizen types" who care about other countries, might want to look around.

White Christians have been persecuted all over Japan, they had to hid in fear of their lives from being executed in the worse ways.

There are many other exampled of christian and white persecution.

Today with Progressive Marxism, its basically a sin to be white. And its only going to get worse. Who knows how much further its going to go in America with Clowns like Schumer and Pelosi.

Pelosi said her grandson said he wished he wasnt white, this is how dumb this country has become.

Remember the fit people threw over "It's okay to be white" posters?

Blindside12
Remember the fit people threw over "All lives matter"?

Surtur
Remember the fit people threw over "All lives matter"?

I remember a conservative politician having to apologize for saying that lol.

Blindside12
I remember a conservative politician having to apologize for saying that lol.

Oh he wasn't a conservative, it was Martin Omally. But he did apologizelaughing out loud

fk6eDKjQm4c

Surtur
LOL oh shit they cannibalized their own. Hilarious.

aalyasecura95
i think you are focusing on exceptions rather than the overarching rule in our society. okay the black man had physical power over the woman but he still did not have that societal power that a white person would have. in the broader society there is clearly privilege for white people even if it does not always fully manifest itself in the most obvious way. also my definition of racism is one that is accepted by many anti-racist educators who are actually informed on this issue.
What whites? What positions of power?

White "trumpers" are generally looked down at as uneducated hicks who work at Wendy's. um the white ppl governing our country right now??? black ppl would never have that many of their own in power or have their interests represented in the same sort of way. just look at our courts and cabinets and it is clear who is in power.

And yes, what Chuck Schumer did was also racist and anyone who doesn't see that is mentally challenged. His only concern should have been if the person was or was not qualified. If the situation was different and it was Republicans complaining about there being too many blacks chosen...the Democrats would have an utter meltdown. no chuck schumer was not being racist because he was trying to empower a dis empowered group that is under-represented. it cannot be racist to want to end inequality and have diversity because diversity is about acceptance and having cultures represented that have historically been oppressed. sometimes we have to prioritize race if there is a clear deficit or inequality to be fixed. that is undoing a wrong.

Silent Master
So, if 4 people are shipwrecked on a Island. 3 black people and 1 white person. is it possible for the 3 black people to be racist?

Flyattractor
i think you are focusing on exceptions rather than the overarching rule in our society. okay the black man had physical power over the woman but he still did not have that societal power that a white person would have. in the broader society there is clearly privilege for white people even if it does not always fully manifest itself in the most obvious way. also my definition of racism is one that is accepted by many anti-racist educators who are actually informed on this issue.
um the white ppl governing our country right now??? black ppl would never have that many of their own in power or have their interests represented in the same sort of way. just look at our courts and cabinets and it is clear who is in power.

no chuck schumer was not being racist because he was trying to empower a dis empowered group that is under-represented. it cannot be racist to want to end inequality and have diversity because diversity is about acceptance and having cultures represented that have historically been oppressed. sometimes we have to prioritize race if there is a clear deficit or inequality to be fixed. that is undoing a wrong.

So many Leftist Lies in this post.

Surtur
Sargon just did a video that is quite relevant to the discussion. It's more people who try to pull the "blacks can't be racist" stuff. Franchesca Ramsey lol. So they come up with a new word for racism: colorism.

A5-VxGrH6XU

aalyasecura95
So, if 4 people are shipwrecked on a Island. 3 black people and 1 white person. is it possible for the 3 black people to be racist? we are talking about modern america here and not a desert island which would not even be a society and so many of the things that we are talking about here do not come into play. you can keep pretending that white ppl do not have power and privilege but the evidence is all around you. minorities can be prejudiced but racism is another matter simply because they lack the power to actually oppress and discriminate like white ppl have for centuries and continue to do so in subtle ways.

Silent Master
Answer my question.

Flyattractor
Couldn't the "White Guy" just change his race to fit in with the other 3?

SJW LOGIC!

Nibedicus

ArtificialGlory
Holy crap, never thought we'd get someone on this board who buys into the 'racism = power + privilege' SJW horseshit. And the so-called educators who peddle this nonsense tend to be self-avowed Marxists so that pretty much tells you all you need to know about them and their ideas.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>