What do you do when you go to the theatre ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gundark
Okay, SW fans, bare your secrets ! After the standing in line part, do you hit the concession first, or head straight for the best seat. Popcorn (with genuine imitation butter food product) or not ? Candy ? Do you go with friends ? By yourself ?

Me & my brother always go together, however I saw ANH in the theatre 23 times the summer of 77. 21 times I went by myself. The first was with my parents (yikes ! I was 14 then.) The second was with a girlfriend. The rest of the trilogy I saw with my brother, who is a big fan also.

queeq
I used to go alone a lot when I was younger, then I only went with my girlfriend and later to be wife. But since we have kids going together is not always very convenient. So going alone or with a friend is quite usual. But I am not by far reaching the quotum I would like to reach in going to the theatre. But now..... there's DVD. smile

JediOasis
I saw TPM and the Special Editions with my dad cause he is a big fan like me. We ususally sit in the back cause to many cheer and talk and stuff up closer. We just sit back, drink are Coke's that we smuggles in, and watch some great movies.

queeq
Cool. My dad took me to ANH in 1977 along with the rest of the family. And then to ESB and ROTJ. Then when TPM came along, I invited him to go with me. I felt that he should see these ones as well in the theatre.

Ushgarak
I went to see TPM with my brother and his friends, who saw the originals in the movies. Somehat of a reverential air there. I didn't mind, I've adopted my brtoher's tatse for movies. Led to plenty of amusing moments, like my brother's friend threatening to dump his girlfriend (they are now married) if she didn't get out the bloody toilets (this was five minutes before the national release premiere), and then insisting everyone watches all of the credits, becuase the movie wasn't over yet.

And, in the long term, hating TPM and all that it stood for. Nice guy, though.

Anyhow. Point is, Star Wars watching has proven such an intense experience that I found anything other than getting to out seats and watching in awe impossible... any food I would have tried to eat would have just fallen back out again...

Edna witch
I never go on my own. Always with my botfriend or some friends or even with my parents sometimes (been a while though!) I hate to admit it but I wasnt even born in 77 but when the special edition hit the cinemas, I was in there before you could say Luke Skywalker and then back again and again and again. I think I went nearly 15 times before I ran out of people to go with! All my friends think I am so sad. Well all but one and he is a big fan too but then he is from Connecticut so he's a little odd anyway. Bless him!

Ushgarak
Hey! We're your friends, and it would be a bit silly if we thought you were sad,,,

queeq
Maybe we're all sad. laughing out loud

I like going alone actually. At least no one bugs me about wanting to see the entire credits.

Ushgarak
Yeah, but you miss out on the hiliarity of it all...

queeq
I've just about heard all their lines. laughing out loud

Edna witch
I always watched all the credits. My sister and I would sit there and hum alog to them getting very strange looks from the staff but we didnt care! If you know it off by heart then why hide it right?

Ushgarak
Why don't we ALL go to see the next one? Two-to-one vote here makes the venue Britain. I'm sure you can leave your drugs and tulips for a day, queeq?

queeq
How nice. And did you do the heavy breathing at the end of TPM as well? laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Actually, at least that made me think I had sat there for SOMETHING...

Edna witch
No but we sang along to duel of the fates. Yes my sister sings too. She is in the choral society at university and she sings at the royal albert hall. Now knowing Duel of the fates off by heart really is sad!

queeq
Not really, I know most of SW music by heart.

Ushgarak
You can sing in sanscript? That was the language of DOTF, wasn't it?

How about that joint cinema visit, guys?

queeq
Sure. When? laughing out loud

The lyrics to DOTF can be found on the net somewhere.

Edna witch
I sing in sanskrit. Well there are only about 5 words so it isnt difficult.

queeq
Kora. Kora. Kora. Kora and something. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Fair enough.
Well, when the next film comes... or anything worthwhile in between. London is always good for films. They're still showing Momento, after all...

Edna witch
Korah, Matah, Syadoh, Nyohah, Yoodhah, Daanyah, Keelah, Rahtahmah,

I think thats all of them. Of course they are repeated and mixed around a lot. See Trivia if you want the whole lyrics!

queeq
Never been to a movie in London. Sounds nice. Been in Paris and Hollywood. But that's it as far a foreign theatres are concerned.

Ushgarak
Hang on, where was that last word?

London is good for films. And ludicrous house prices.

queeq
What last word?

So London it is.

Ushgarak
Rahtahmah. I can'tplace it in the tune.

Ok, so a Leicester Square date at some point. Edna, you know London?

Edna witch
London is convenient for me actually as hopefully by the time the movie comes out I wil be at Uni in London anyway!

Ushgarak
Which Uni? What course? I have friends in Unis country-wide...

Actually, most of them are in Oxbridge...

Edna witch
Cambridge didnt want me! Their loss I say! Im going to Imperial if I get my grades. Im going to be a medic so lots of work ahead for me!

queeq
Oh, London's going to have a new witch. How nice.

Ushgarak
I've got a freind doing Medical School in Londfon. Actually, he's on his clinical year now

Edna witch
Oh right! Thats cool! Im really looking forward to it!

Ushgarak
Well, if you need any help, I have the contacts!

queeq
Ushgarak Travel and Lodging Facilities. laughing out loud

Raz
Four of us are from the UK, 2 from the North EU, and 2 from the US.
I guess we can meet up in the UK, but I would much prefer the sunny climate of California.....now if only I could scrounge up some money for the trip....

queeq
If I only could scrounge up money and time....

Gundark
RC had wanted all of us to meet in New York City for the premiere (check out the "what are you doing May 2002" thread) which would be so cool. smokin'

I always stay and watch the complete end credits every time I see a SW film at the theatre. I thought that was normal for an obsessed fan. stick out tongue

finti
Raz what is Notrh EU?
Its hard to sit and watch the credits when everyone else is crawling all over you in your seat.smile

queeq
That only takes a little while though. And I always sit way up front to get the 70mm feel.

Gundark
Oh yes, definatley in front ! I like the whole screen IN MY FACE !!!! stick out tongue

queeq
And do the pan-and-scan with your head. laughing out loud

finti
I hate the front, need to be in the middle(for obvious reasons)evil face

queeq
Oh....

You're one of those in-the-middle people....

finti
Well thats where people want to have melaughing out loud

queeq
There's a reason for it. And not the one you think. laughing out loud

finti
What do you think I think?smile

queeq
What do you think I think you think? laughing out loud

finti
I think you think that I thought that I am so great everybody needs to be by my sidelaughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Gundark
I have no idea why you have to be in the middle. You mean the middle front to back, or the the middle side to side ? Please explain to the stupid american. stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Americans are all super-rich by definition, of course. They can afford to come here, where we will welcome you in our majestic stately homes and butlers. queeq can bring a windmill.

queeq
Isn't dope more appropriate? laughing out loud Or tulips to decorate the mansion? Or cheese?

Ushgarak
That's the spirit! Self-mockery is the highest form of friendship. Hey, guess that makes me the friendliest person that ever lived... I'm so dumb...

queeq
You truly belong here with us in the asylum. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
You pulled me in when I posted at the Blue-Milk Bar...

finti
Gundark, what I mean is in the middle both front to back and middle of the row. Not what The Pretenders would have said "In the middle of the road"smile

queeq
Middle of the road, isn't that just.... common?

Gundark
No, I think finti has decided he has the best seat in the house, mathematically speaking. I will admit my neck gets a little stiff from sitting in the front, but its worth it !
laughing out loud

finti
Brilliant Gundysmile smile smile smile smile smile smile Best view and soundrolling on floor laughing

Ushgarak
Everyone should be slightly to one side from trhe middle- each body hears slightly better to one side, so you should accent the poorer side.

Gundark
As we all know, Ush keeps a schematic of the seating plan of every theatre he has ever been in inside his brain. Its a Jedi trait. laughing out loud

queeq
But when we all go and he does the seating, he picks the best place for himself.

I think Gundy and I will be on the front row, all alone. evil face And stiff necks can be avoided by some major slumping. laughing out loud

Gundark
Gundy and queeq...slumped in the front row for episode 2....what more could we possibly want from life ? laughing out loud

queeq
That's like.... heaven. laughing out loud

Gundark
Especially if we can get right back in line again for the next show....laughing out loud

finti
We siths cut linesevil face

Gundark
Gonna use the mind trick on them, eh finti ? laughing out loud

finti
Nah just cut the line to see what happen, then i might use my jedi powerssmile

queeq
Why go out and back in. Let's just stay and snuggle until the next showing starts. laughing out loud

Gundark
Awwwww....queeq & gundy snuggle in the front row while the rest of the gang in the middle throws up. How nice. laughing out loud

queeq
Hope it doesn't all flow down to the front end. laughing out loud

Gundark
We better lift our feet. laughing out loud

queeq
Ooooh, cosy. laughing out loud

finti
The bags can be thrownlaughing out loud

queeq
Too late. It's all on the floor. Looks like Gundy and me will stay here until it's dried up and we can leave safely. laughing out loud

finti
Finti hands out life west`s. Pukeorama at the movies weekend.

queeq
Oooh, life vests. Kinky. laughing out loud

keokiswahine
brings out blow up life boat and oars. throws line to Queeq and Gundy.

queeq
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Don't save us. laughing out loud

keokiswahine
*lassoes queeq* gotcha, pal; gonna save you even if you don't want to be saved. *throws Gundy a line; she dodges it*

queeq
*ignites light razor, cuts the rope and clasps unto Gundy*

We'll never join you!

finti
Keep throwing those barf bags I got loads of them we just seen Titanic.laughing out loud

Gundark
Ah, finti....the die-hard Titanic fan. laughing out loud

But Keo, I don't wanna be rescued until we've seen every showing of ep2 that the theatre is gonna have in one day. laughing out loud laughing out loud

queeq
I don't want to be rescued. Period. laughing out loud

But finti, if you've watched Titanic I bet all those bags have been used. You need some more. *writes down an order subscription for finti*

finti
Takes the new bags from queeq just in time it seems, they started to discuss Leo in fron of me.laughing out loud

queeq
Leo, Leo. Wherefore art Thou, Leo.

Liked his Romeo and Juliet, finti? laughing out loud

Gundark
I always wonder how people can leave in the middle of a SW movie to go the bathroom. What's wrong with them ? !!!! laughing out loud

Edna witch
Well if you gotta go then you gotta go!

queeq
Aha Edna. You're back. Good. Ush was getting love sick, was afraid you wouldn't return. He waited up hours for you and you didn't show. I told him you'd be back, just out there on broomstick duty I guess.

keokiswahine
Gundy, here's a pass to return another day to get your SW fix.

Edna, broom duty? I like that; I'm usually on my broom at work. hehehe

Gundark
Thanks, keo ! (runs to copy machine to make duplicates for the gang) laughing out loud

finti
Romeo and Juliet, zzzzzzzzzzzz.

queeq
Leo is quite the sleeping medicine. The beach, Titanic, Romeo and Juliet, The Man in the Iron Mask all make finti sleep like a baby. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
I would have imagined he would be too busy throwing up at Iron Mask to sleep...

queeq
Yes, an upset stomach can surely make an insomniac of someone. Poor finti: feeling sleepy but can't sleep, must drive the great white bus.

Ushgarak
Actually, the Leo version of R&J struck me as deeply surreal... they DID cut the 'spit upon a rapier's point' line, didn't they?

queeq
I never watched all of it but I must someday. I liked the bits I saw. But I can't tell of the rapier's point line. Would sound weird in that setting, not?

keokiswahine
the buttered popcorn.

Ushgarak
Um... no, I can't work that one out.

Incidentally, I was hoping that the line WAS cut. Too many modern Shakespeare transplants forget that some lines aren't appropriate.

queeq
In this particular setting it wouldn't. Switch blade might work, but wouldn't that be sacrilige?

keokiswahine
define sacrilege in this instance, queeq.

queeq
Rewriting the Bard seems close to sacrilige to me.

finti
Iron mask was ok despite Leo, I havent seen R&J the new version. But zzzzzz I asume.

queeq
If you zzzzzz with Shakespeare.

Gundark
I don't think I'd zzzzz with Shakespeare. He doesn't really do it for me. laughing out loud

queeq
Macbeth..... ahhhh. Great.

Gundark
Are you going to start quoting all over the place now ? laughing out loud

Raz
Not before I close the topic.... laughing out loud

BTW, I'm gonna start closing threads over 100 now (apart from the Tavern OC)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.