Revan vs. The Outlander

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
How badly does Revan die?

DarthAnt66
"Who's the Outlander?" - Andy

ILS
In a battle between two of the most legendary Force masters of all time, there can only be one winner. The Outlander wins in a glorious combat, and we all rejoice in their splendour.

The Ellimist
"What's a joule?" - Anthony reading calcs he steals

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by The Ellimist
"What's a joule?" - Anthony reading calcs he steals
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/GUgT9GkeSw0/hqdefault.jpg

My calculator wasn't working.

ILS
Originally posted by The Ellimist
"What's a joule?" - Anthony reading calcs he steals Your naked desperation is most pleasing. wink

The Ellimist
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
My calculator wasn't working.

You're calling yourself Peter Griffin? erm

DarthAnt66
I am not worthy enough to be Peter Griffin.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by ILS
In a battle between two of the most legendary Force masters of all time, there can only be one winner. The Outlander wins in a glorious combat, and we all rejoice in their splendour.

FreshestSlice
It's not glorious, but sure, the Outlander.

Rockydonovang
the context of the "most powerful opponent" would include Revan. But it could well be referring to how well the Outlander opposed Valk who Revan ended up helping.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
the context of the "most powerful opponent" would include Revan. But it could well be referring to how well the Outlander opposed Valk who Revan ended up helping.

It applies to the Same Outlander, that is below Arcann, who is another of Valks opponents. On top of the fact KOTFE was less than a year after the Events of SOR, in which the quote applies.

To some how think the Outlanders power multiplied in this short amount of time with no explaining is down right ludicrous and retarded.

The outlander got outright dominated, with multiple peers of his caliber, and was reliant on Revan's light Side to defeat Dark Revan, after several fights, with Revan tanking/absorbing insane amounts of energies from the ToS machine, on top of channeling of the machine, while combating the Strike team, made up of 4 Outlander level opponents.

Just to put icing on the Cake, Revan is still regarded as the Greatest Hero(According to SWTOR), after KOTET, in which it obviously can't refer to achievement.

Rockydonovang
Pretty much. And no, Valk saving the Outlander from Vaylin proves nothng.

FreshestSlice
Nobody cares about either of your opinions. Arguments are won by what you think makes sense. Everyone worked really hard after SOR and Ziost pushed them over the edge. The end. Did it make a ton of sense for Revan to go from being dominated by Malak to dominating SF Malak several times? Not really. You didn't care then, so don't pretend to care now. Not that the Outlander was ever "dominated" by Revan in SoR anyway. They got pushed, and the "LS" Revan(which is not what the other Revan is) is only relevant to an operation which isn't even remotely required.

ILS
How many seconds can we expect Revan to last?

DarthSkywalker0
Originally posted by ILS
How many seconds can we expect Revan to last?

Revan lasts longer against Outlander then Vader lasts against him. Granted, that does not say much.

ILS
Obviously.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The battle is going to be relatively hard fought, but Outlander will come out on top.

However hard the Vaylin fight was. smile

FreshestSlice
You keep saying that but can't support it with in universe statements. Almost like you want me to take your opinion over more concrete sources.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
?

FreshestSlice
You know what. Why should Revan even hope to hold a candle to Vaylin?

Haschwalth
Fresh, I'm arguing on the basis of the quote that you guys love to cite, as being fallible. Arguing Revan vs Peak Outlander is another matter.

Contextually, it makes more sense for the Outlander to not have surpassed Revan, by the Start of KOTFE, as Revan was Portrayed to be a literal Powerhouse backed with accolades, and the fight within the temple of sacrifice and the Emperor's sanctum. And yes the Outlander was individually dominated by Revan,

The such little gap, between SOR and KOTFE, with no indication of growth, which was then heavily implied during the events of KOTFE, we cannot confirm he would grown that vast gap in power, in such a short time, asides from that "most powerful Opponent"-quote which, also has issues, such as Arcann being Valkorion's Opponent as well. As well as having another quote from SWTOR Indicating otherwise.
Revan was dominated by Vitiate, grew far more powerful and Was still defeated by Vitiate, your point?

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Haschwalth
Fresh, I'm arguing on the basis of the quote that you guys love to cite, as being fallible. Arguing Revan vs Peak Outlander is another matter.
I don't know who you guys are, but I rarely argue the fallibility of quotes.

Revan discards everyone but the player, who is able to move around regardless of what Revan does, which you would know if you even goggled the fight. The actually relevant one. You trying to argue from gameplay mechanics is flimsy at best.

How is this any different from the example I gave again? Something making sense is not a requirement in any case. Arcann, similarly, is not an opponent for Valkorion. Arcann was at no time a threat to his father, nor was he ever going to be a threat. You could argue Vaylin, maybe, but she had the majority of her power locked away long before the Outlander hit the scene, and was less dangerous than her mother, who is not as powerful as the Outlander in any case.

This isn't even remotely relevant, so not sure why you brought it up.

Haschwalth
Might as well respond, because i'm in the mood for it.

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I don't know who you guys are, but I rarely argue the fallibility of quotes.

You miss read that.

Revan discards everyone but the player, who is able to move around regardless of what Revan does, which you would know if you even goggled the fight. The actually relevant one. You trying to argue from gameplay mechanics is flimsy at best.

Scripted Mechanics, such as Revan flinging the Outlander against a pillar disintegrating it behind it. Forming a Barrier impenetrable to the Outlander while dominating Marr/Satele, while draining them at the same time. Just curious, what is your opinion of the LS/DS fissures. Forming barriers 4 Outlander level opponents cannot penetrate etc, while Preoccupied with channeling immense energies etc. While those 4 Outlander type opponents were aided by Revan's lightside. contextually, It shows shown to take the Absolutely best("from all corners of the Galaxy"wink to High Diff a weakend Revan after the ToS, in which he in took massive energies, which would of killed the Strike team, and all life around it for 3km, and what did he do absorb the shit. And carried on fighting. Revan is clearly Leagues ahead of the Outlander no matter how much you may want to spin it.

How is this any different from the example I gave again? Something making sense is not a requirement in any case. Arcann, similarly, is not an opponent for Valkorion. Arcann was at no time a threat to his father, nor was he ever going to be a threat. You could argue Vaylin, maybe, but she had the majority of her power locked away long before the Outlander hit the scene, and was less dangerous than her mother, who is not as powerful as the Outlander in any case.

It is when the claim is absurd, and denied by Feats/Evidence. the statement needs to be substantial. Unless you want take all quotes as fact.
Dooku(In dueling, which relies of Physical augmentation)=DR Mace>TPM Mace or NOvel Vitiate>Novel Revan>>SF Malak>>Exar kun >kun>50 years before Revan Novel Vitiate>Muur>19BBY Vader>Dooku. Lets go boys. Opponent doesn't need to mean equal or a threat...... Just a contender/Challenger/Foe none of which is equal/ A Threat.

This isn't even remotely relevant, so not sure why you brought it up.

Brought it up, because you mentioned OUtlander/passing Revan game wise as point.

Haschwalth
Even the ancient Sith were regarded as a Threat to Vitiate, such as Muur/Naga Sadow.

FreshestSlice
Son, if having the last word is that important to you, you have much bigger problems than proving the Director wrong.

Haschwalth
Son, if having the last word is that important to you, you have much bigger problems than proving the Director wrong.
Nah, it's also under the assumption, Boyd thinks the same way we do when it comes to quotes, his material clearly didn't back it.

AncientPower
Outlander in a very hard fight.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

AncientPower
thumb up

Massive difference, a conclusion reached by Gnost Dural. Hardly concrete.

Geistalt
What's the quote that says the HoT was Valkorion's greatest enemy? IIRC it doesn't apply to Revan because he was dead at the time.

AncientPower
It can't be a present tense quote when he has no other great enemies, he literally doesn't give a shit about anybody else. It must mean throughout his lifetime.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.