Democrats Caved on DACA, Trump wins..Again

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blindside12
Democrats never bothered to come back to the table for the Dreamers.

Maryland Judge struck down earlier rulings made from leftist activist judges saying the government had to continue to issue renewals.

link

Nancy Pelosi was to busy tweeting about her being on Queens

https://twitter.com/NancyPelosi/status/971100644349304835

Robtard
To Trumpers, absolutely.

But considering more Americans are pro the "dreamers" than against them, as it's kinda part of the "American Dream" in a roundabout way, this actually looks like another flop in Trump's America to the masses. Optics. Optics. O to the P to the Tics.

BackFire
He did not strike it down. The prior decisions are still in place.

From your own source - "While a major win for the Trump administration, the decision does not affect the current status of DACA. The program is still in place because other courts have handed down injunctions mandating the program continue while legal challenges to Trump's decision to end the program continue. The administration originally set a March 5 deadline for the end of DACA."

This will be going to the Supreme court later this year, they'll be the ones deciding this. And I expect them to side with Trump on this.

lazybones
Originally posted by Robtard
To Trumpers, absolutely.

But considering more Americans are pro the "dreamers" than against them, as it's kinda part of the "American Dream" in a roundabout way, this actually looks like another flop in Trump's America to the masses. Optics. Optics. O to the P to the Tics. thumb up

If Trump finally gets his way and sees the end of DACA, it's definitely a win, but only for the 10-30% of Americans who actually oppose it (depends on the poll). Although I am surprised how spineless the Democrats were on this issue considering the overwhelming popular support.

Robtard
Originally posted by lazybones
thumb up

If Trump finally gets his way and sees the end of DACA, it's definitely a win, but only for the 10-30% of Americans who actually oppose it (depends on the poll). Although I am surprised how spineless the Democrats were on this issue considering the overwhelming popular support.

Dems are great at bending over for Rep Presidents when it comes to things that matter. I still fondly recall how Pelosi pretty much bent over and spread for GW Bush on many an issue, which was odd as Republicans/Conservatives voters hated her/wanted her gone(still do). You'd think they would have been happy to have a jellyfish not opposing.

Alternate Theory: Dems buckled like a seat-belt on this because they know it'll look worse for Trump in the end. Which is 4D chess, but still shitty a move.

Surtur
Their spinelessness doesn't shock me.

#MAGA

DarthPlaguis12
Why are you pro dreamer? I don't even understand your reasoning for what you believe in.

Are you admitting to be anti law as they're breaking the law? And yet you want more gun laws lol, what a dingaling

Blindside12
"Americans are dreams to"

President Trump

Blindside12
Originally posted by BackFire
He did not strike it down. The prior decisions are still in place.

From your own source - "While a major win for the Trump administration, the decision does not affect the current status of DACA. The program is still in place because other courts have handed down injunctions mandating the program continue while legal challenges to Trump's decision to end the program continue. The administration originally set a March 5 deadline for the end of DACA."

This will be going to the Supreme court later this year, they'll be the ones deciding this. And I expect them to side with Trump on this.

Dems still lost, they said they were going to shut the government down over this, they caved.

Nephthys
Yeah, its true. Dems were ****ing pathetic on this issue. They only ever pretended to care, never really tried to fight for it seriously. They only pushed as far as they did because they felt slighted by the Republicans. Assholes.

Blindside12
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, its true. Dems were ****ing pathetic on this issue. They only ever pretended to care, never really tried to fight for it seriously. They only pushed as far as they did because they felt slighted by the Republicans. Assholes.

Dude, its not often but I agree with you 100%thumb up

Nephthys
Democrats need serious reform. They skate by on a lot of bullshit because the republicans are actual monsters but their shit stinks too. They were never serious about shutting down the government, too many of their donors bottom line would be impacted by it and they care far more about them then they do the lives of actual people. A lot of people hate the Dems precisely because they're such ****ing losers on issues like this. At least republicans fight.

Blindside12
I wonder why we feel so different on that, I feel like the republicans constantly cave form a circular firing squad where is the dems usually circle the wagons when under attack.

Tzeentch
Is blindside supra?

Firefly218
Democrats need serious reform. They skate by on a lot of bullshit because the republicans are actual monsters but their shit stinks too. They were never serious about shutting down the government, too many of their donors bottom line would be impacted by it and they care far more about them then they do the lives of actual people. A lot of people hate the Dems precisely because they're such ****ing losers on issues like this. At least republicans fight. Unfortunately thumb up The Dems never fail to disappoint.

Rockydonovang
We have a republic in theory that in practice is an oligarchy. Lobbies need to die.

Adam_PoE
Alternate Theory: Dems buckled like a seat-belt on this because they know it'll look worse for Trump in the end. Which is 4D chess, but still shitty a move.

If the choice is between honoring the full faith and credit of the United States and ensuring continued funding of the largest employer in the country and the essential services it provides, and renewing DACA, it is not a difficult choice. The lives of the many v. the lives of the few.

The people who are to be blamed are not the minority party who cooperated in good faith to put forward two pieces of bipartisan legislation that were soundly rejected. It is with the majority party who are effectively holding Dreamers hostage.

87% of Americans support DACA. So why harm the country, and die on a hill for Dreamers and still lose, when the issue will become a wedge against Republicans, and Democrats can live to fight another day, and eventually win? Sometimes in politics, you have to take a step backward, so you can take two steps forward. Party purity might make far-left voters feel good, but it gets them absolutely none of the things they purport to care about.

DarthPlaguis12
87 percent of the country supports DACA? News to me, they polled THE WHOLE COUNTRY? Unless that's the case then that's a bs figure

Id rather put Americans first.

Many Illegals do commit crime but the left propagates the lie that sanctuary cities are safer...yeah like Baltimore, Chicago, etc...so safe. Many also use fake social security numbers to get benefits etc. I personally know illegal immigrants milking the system but there's so many of you ok with it

Blindside12
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

87% of Americans support DACA.

Show me the poll where 330,000,000 americans were polled.

DarthPlaguis12
Polls are very accurate btw...like the ones saying Hillary was gonna win.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Blindside12
Show me the poll where 330,000,000 americans were polled. Do you know how polls work? A random sample of people are polled and those results are extrapolated for the rest of the country.

Surtur

Now you're starting to get it. They care about VOTES. That is all.

Surtur
Originally posted by Firefly218
Do you know how polls work? A random sample of people are polled and those results are extrapolated for the rest of the country.

And you don't see anything wrong with taking a tiny sample of people, and declaring what they think or want...to be what a majority of 300 million+ people want?

Genuinely curious.

Firefly218

Surtur

Firefly218

Surtur

Firefly218

Surtur

Nephthys
Originally posted by Surtur
Now you're starting to get it. They care about VOTES. That is all.

Republicans are ten times worse though.

Blindside12
Actually not really. Check the new thread I made.

Surtur

Hey if that's the lie you need to convince yourself of to finally realize the truth about the Democrats? That's cool.

Blindside12

Nephthys
Hey if that's the lie you need to convince yourself to finally realize the truth about the Democrats? That's cool.

This isn't something I've finally realised, I've always been more progressive than the central democrats that run the party and fluff their donors above everything. The sites I'm on and the video's I watch are hugely critical of the Dems as they are the Republicans, but its the difference between standard shitty politicians for the former and actual monsters for the latter.

Blindside12
Meet 'Flippy,' a burger-flipping robot alternative to wage-earning workers
Say hello to Flippy!
http://www.chicagotribune.com/bluesky/technology/ct-biz-flippy-burger-flipping-robot-caliburger-20180306-story.html

Surtur
This isn't something I've finally realised, I've always been more progressive than the central democrats that run the party and fluff their donors above everything. The sites I'm on and the video's I watch are hugely critical of the Dems as they are the Republicans, but its the difference between standard shitty politicians for the former and actual monsters for the latter.

Sure sounds like something you finally realized. Glad for you.

Blindside12

Sorry bro, but your not getting a pass here for siding with the lesser of two evils. I would say you were brave for voting independent and staying strong and refusing to tow the line.

Nephthys
I'm English so that would be an accomplishment.

Blindside12
Being an independent isnt that hard.

Nephthys
Voting independent in America would be though.

Blindside12
Its not hard to vote independent, or at least have independent thinking. I havent seen any position from you even suggests you are an independent thinker, you tow the progressive marxist agenda with you.

The Ellimist

I'm thinking that too, except that individual democrats would be hurting their own reputations by caving.

Nephthys
Here in England we have good ol Jezza. I can vote Lib guilt free.

Adam_PoE
And you don't see anything wrong with taking a tiny sample of people, and declaring what they think or want...to be what a majority of 300 million+ people want?

Genuinely curious.

If you see something wrong with it, then you do not understand statistics. Did you study statistics in high school, or did you not get that far?

Blindside12
I've asked 10 people today if DACA people should stay here. 8 said no. And I live in a city that is 75% Hispanic.

jaden101
Originally posted by The Ellimist
I'm thinking that too, except that individual democrats would be hurting their own reputations by caving.

I've seen it in the UK before. The Tory government proposed to impose austerity measures on the population in the wake of the financial crisis. The Labour opposition party crowed and crowed about how much they opposed punishing the poor for the actions of the banks but when it came down to it they calculated how many votes they would need to make it look like they cared but not enough to actually stop it going through parliament. They told the rest of their mps to either abstain during the vote or not turn up because they believed that imposing austerity would make the tories look bad. They didn't give a **** about how it would affect people. They cared about making the government look bad so they could get voted in at the next election. Then they lost that. Then the Brexit vote triggered another election and they lost that too.

jaden101
I've asked 10 people today if DACA people should stay here. 8 said no. And I live in a city that is 75% Hispanic.

I don't see how those two things are related without a further qualifier.

Adam_PoE

By all means, wow us with your sampling methodology.

Blindside12
I just asked random people at the gym, post office and gas station. Simply asked if dreamers should be given legal status over the people willing to wait their turn like everyone else.

DarthPlaguis12
I don't understand the fascination with giving illegals a pass

I know a few and most are working towered becoming legal.

Surtur
I just asked random people at the gym, post office and gas station. Simply asked if dreamers should be given legal status over the people willing to wait their turn like everyone else.

I'd refer to them as illegals who are under DACA. F*ck their term "dreamer". Remember this is the same side that whines over the phrase "chain migration".

Blindside12
Rememeber when it was going to be Armageddon if nothing was done by March 5th? Armageddon seems to come have gonethumb up

Rockydonovang
ad populum isn't an argument. Please explain why we should kick out people who cam to the us out of no fault of their own. Why shouldn't someone forcibly brought to america be given citizenship?

DarthPlaguis12
Better yet why don't you explain why they should be given anything at all, go.

Blindside12
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
ad populum isn't an argument. Please explain why we should kick out people who cam to the us out of no fault of their own. Why shouldn't someone forcibly brought to america be given citizenship?

What is different btw asking randos a question and a poll?

Adam_PoE

Now explain why your random sampling of 10 is more reliable than a representative sampling of 1,225 weighted by U.S. census and demographic data.

DarthPlaguis12
Explain why dreamers should get a pass as they have come here illegally...go

Blindside12
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Now explain why your random sampling of 10 is more reliable than a representative sampling of 1,225 weighted by U.S. census and demographic data.

That's the basis of data for your 89% figure, the us census?

Adam_PoE
That's the basis of data for your 89% figure, the us census?

No, the scientific poll I cited on the first page is the basis of the 87% figure. The representative sampling for the poll was weighted by the official U.S. Census and Demographic data. Try to keep up.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
Explain why dreamers should get a pass as they have come here illegally...go

Dreamers did not come here illegally, they were brought here illegally.

That is like sending child sex slaves to prison, because they were illegally trafficked here from another country.

They are here unlawfully, but they did not have the mens rea when they were brought here to actually have committed a crime.

Nibedicus
Mind linking me to the study? I would like to read up on its methodology as well. smile

darthgoober
Because it encourages bad behavior. If parents sneak into Disneyland without paying and bring their whole family, the whole family should be removed if they're caught. You don't just kick the parents out and let the teenagers and children go on playing.

Firefly218
Originally posted by darthgoober
Because it encourages bad behavior. If parents sneak into Disneyland without paying and bring their whole family, the whole family should be removed if they're caught. You don't just kick the parents out and let the teenagers and children go on playing. Immigrants are coming here to work...

darthgoober
Immigrants are coming here to work...
There are legal ways to do so. It's those who do things the "right way" who should be rewarded. If you give encouragement to those who are basically trying to cut in line then there's less incentive for anyone to go through the proper channels.

Silent Master

You mean Illegal immigrants?

Firefly218

Firefly218
Originally posted by Silent Master
You mean Illegal immigrants? Petty as always. Kind of pathetic really

Silent Master
Petty as always. Kind of pathetic really

Yes, leaving out context is very petty. so, why do you keep doing it?

darthgoober

Surtur
Originally posted by Silent Master
Yes, leaving out context is very petty. so, why do you keep doing it?

I love how we're in the age where facts matter...until they don't. Trumps claims on the size of his audiences need to be immediately corrected, false claims like 18 school shootings this year? Meh.

Same here, and leftists do it all the time: confusing illegal immigrants with immigrants. They do this on purpose, because if they can say "what, you against immigrants working?" it doesn't sound as stupid as "what, you're against people coming here illegally and working?".

You heard him, it is "petty" to note the difference between someone who comes here legally and someone who doesn't. This is the same side that claims phrases like "chain migration" are ideologically charged and yet do not hesitate to use the word "dreamer" to refer to some illegals. Cuz you see being against criminals isn't so bad, but being against DREAMS makes you look like a dick.

Rockydonovang
Because it encourages bad behavior. If parents sneak into Disneyland without paying and bring their whole family, the whole family should be removed if they're caught. You don't just kick the parents out and let the teenagers and children go on playing.
Did you just equate America to a corporation?

Naturally, if you think a country should be run like a company, then yes, we can disregard ethics and penalize people for something they bear no responsibility for.

At the same time, if you think that's how America should be run, I hope you're consistent and willing to advocate for the end of citizenship earned rights as that isn't a concept that exists in coporations.

Your right I might do that, but I wouldn't then whine because I got caught and me and my family got deported.
I love when people act like they know how well they would live shit they don't live. But sure man, you were a edgelord in highschool. So obviously you understand the struggle of someone's whose impoverished looking to give their family a better life.

DarthPlaguis12

So are legal immigrants, you have zero legs to stand on with your argument

darthgoober
Did you just equate America to a corporation?

Naturally, if you think a country should be run like a company, then yes, we can disregard ethics and penalize people for something they bear no responsibility for.

At the same time, if you think that's how America should be run, I hope you're consistent and willing to advocate for the end of citizenship earned rights as that isn't a concept that exists in coporations.

I'm in no way talking about removing ethics from the equation, I simply believe that the laws and policies of the country should focus on legal ethics rather than some subjective, abstract sense of morality that the majority of the country will never agree on.

If we're using a metaphor where the country is a corporation, then yes they absolutely do have citizenship earned rights. Citizens(people who are actually part of the company) get to go to the company Christmas party, have access to the company insurance policy, can attend the company picnic, and partake of the companies coffee dispensers. People who simply sneak into the building aren't welcome to those things. And rightly so.

I love when people act like they know how well they would live shit they don't live. But sure man, you were a edgelord in highschool. So obviously you understand the struggle of someone's whose impoverished looking to give their family a better life.
What the Hell makes you think I'm not impoverished? I've been poor literally my entire life.

Rockydonovang
I'm in no way talking about removing ethics from the equation, I simply believe that the laws and policies of the country should focus on legal ethics
Fam, ethics will always be subjective. It doesn't matter whether the ethics are legal, civic,or cooperate, morals are not based on objective fact.
You're aware the majority of Americans support the rights of dreamers? Alas lobbyists and campaign financing ensure our "republic" acts like a oligarchy rather than act on the will of people, but the majority already agree on something, they're just not being represented which has been a constant throughout the term of president who, surprise, surprise, was elected by a minority taking advantage of republican controlled chambers that again, surprise, surprise, a majority voted against.

Not that the democrats are shining themselves in glory, 17 of them voting to deregulate the banks like they were in the buildup to the financial crisis, and now using dreamers as a political chip to make republicans more unpopular.

Money and job security are more important than the will of the people, hence the slew of legislation we've seen passed that consistently had majority opposition.

And why again should we treat a country like a corporation? Further more your analogy fails because again, dreamers bare no responsibility for being snuck into the country, hence they do not deserve any ill treatment.

I never claimed anything regarding your financial situation, but regardless of your financial situation, the anecdote you chose, being a rebel in a highschool, was pretty bad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.