Wonder Woman Vs Hulk, damage soak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/cd/5f/b5/cd5fb53efceab06f15cf92840ae5b3b7.jpg

Unamped Diana. Banner Hulk.
Who's been shown to have the best damage soak over the years?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/23/87/39/2387391a35b7a0c9a0d61cb1a67f0e3b.jpg

carver9
Hulk, easily.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Umm, Hulk^3.

DarkSaint85
What are you counting as damage soak, riv?

Honest q, as some people count durability as part of it. As it (obv) enables them to keep on ticking.

Juggernaut being a prime example.

Some people count HF.

Wolverine obv.

Some count sheer bloodymindedness - like Punisher, who is a squishy human with no HF.

If Riv is counting durability as well, then obv this is a more balanced thread (incl. the bracers, obv). If not, then Hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What are you counting as damage soak, riv?

Honest q, as some people count durability as part of it. As it (obv) enables them to keep on ticking.

Juggernaut being a prime example.

Some people count HF.

Wolverine obv.

Some count sheer bloodymindedness - like Punisher, who is a squishy human with no HF.

If Riv is counting durability as well, then obv this is a more balanced thread (incl. the bracers, obv). If not, then Hulk.

Hulk has durability superior to Wonder Woman. He has a far superior ability to sustain damage and keep on going. He also has a noticeably superior healing factor.

By any metric, he wins.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk has durability superior to Wonder Woman. He has a far superior ability to sustain damage and keep on going. He also has a noticeably superior healing factor.

By any metric, he wins.

Incl. against the bracers?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Incl. against the bracers?

In what sense? Stacking her durability with the bracers? She uses them to block often enough and they have a higher indestructibility than Hulk's skin, but in plenty of situations, they have been circumvented. If I had to pick whether to have Wonder Woman durability + bracers or the Hulk's, I'll take the Hulk's all day.

riv6672
I wasnt thinking of her bracers when asking the question, more like how much physical damage each can take, and come back from/keep going.

Sin I AM
diana. hulks damage soak is tied to closely to his hf. turn his hf off and hes a goner

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by riv6672
I wasnt thinking of her bracers when asking the question, more like how much physical damage each can take, and come back from/keep going.

Oh. In that case, Hulk.

riv6672
Trying to stay out of the thread, but, not turning off Hulk's HF any more than i'm including Diana's bracers.

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk, easily.

celeyhyga17
What are some of Diana's best tanking feats? For example does she have any cheese showings like going in the sun or what not?

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
diana. hulks damage soak is tied to closely to his hf. turn his hf off and hes a goner

What kind of comment is This? His healing factor is on here. What is wrong Sin? I just don't get it.

xJLxKing
HULK!

When he takes damage, his healing factor kicks in. He can take pain better. He can also soak blunt damage better.

krisblaze
I feel like they want Diana to be more durable but she has such a long history of shiiiit feats.

spetznaz

SSJGGogeta
Blunt force DS? Wonder Woman.

Piercing? Hulk, due to regen.

All around? Wonder Woman. Hulk couldn't survive Superman punching him into the sun. HV would also incinerate Hulk, while Wonder Woman survived it.

spetznaz

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
What kind of comment is This? His healing factor is on here. What is wrong Sin? I just don't get it.

i dont consider a hf when calculating damage soak.

riv6672
Thanks for the detailed responses, much appreciated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.