Dreamers to Democrats: We're tired of your lies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blindside12
They are finally starting to wake up to Chuck and Nancys bs.

"We're tired of believing when they say 'It's the Republicans.' They make promises when they're in an election, and when it's over they're done and don't do anything."

-Cata Santiago, Dreamer

"Democrats relinquished the leverage they had for meaningful legislation... aren't fooling anyone."

- Cesar Vargas, immigration activist, civil rights attorney

link

truejedi
I guess- but is that worse than actively removing your rights like the Republicans? Dreamers only exist as a group because of Obama. Democrats shut the government down for dreamers. They backed down, yes, but they did infinitely more than the side actively stripping dreamers of their rights.

Blindside12
Originally posted by truejedi
I guess- but is that worse than actively removing your rights like the Republicans? Dreamers only exist as a group because of Obama. Democrats shut the government down for dreamers. They backed down, yes, but they did infinitely more than the side actively stripping dreamers of their rights.

Americans are not dreamers? Only Obama made "dreamers?"

truejedi
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_Action_for_Childhood_Arrivals

Correct. Established 2012 I believe.

Blindside12
So only people who came here illegally are dreamers, Americans are not dreamers?

aalyasecura95
well all people dream obviously but dreamer in this context is referring to the immigrants who come here from other countries in search of the american dream. many of these ppl come from places with a lot of poverty some of which was inflicted by america. and i am displeased with the democrats for not being more vocal because we need to protect daca ppl but also other illegal immigrants who are being demonized in this country. they need to be stronger on this topic urgently.

truejedi
Originally posted by Blindside12
So only people who came here illegally are dreamers, Americans are not dreamers?

Dreamers refer to DACA participants, as you well know. You are responsible for the OP. Did you want to discuss DACA or not?

Blindside12
I wanted to discuss how the Democrats are liars, use promises for votes, and didnt do shit to get a deal done, even if it meant giving Trump his wall.

truejedi
Votes? They lost the election. The attacks on Dreamers are coming from Trump in the first place. What election did they lie for votes in considering the only problems facing Dreamers have come after Trump took office?

Blindside12
Trump never attacked dreamers. Hes done the opposite, he wanted to legalize all them and give them citizenship, and double the amount who gets protected status from 800k to 1.8 million. Dems didnt do shit, besides lie.

Surtur

Obama on more than one occasion admitted he didn't have the authority to do...just exactly what he ended up doing.

Now we're left to clean up after a mess that should have never been allowed in the first place.

Blindside12
Simply put, dems want illegals as a wedge issue to promise to people for votes. If Trumps gets them legalized, what will the dems have to promise?

Surtur
Originally posted by aalyasecura95
well all people dream obviously but dreamer in this context is referring to the immigrants who come here from other countries in search of the american dream. many of these ppl come from places with a lot of poverty some of which was inflicted by america. and i am displeased with the democrats for not being more vocal because we need to protect daca ppl but also other illegal immigrants who are being demonized in this country. they need to be stronger on this topic urgently.

Yikes, these crazed liberals truly would seemingly have democrats prioritize the needs of illegals over Americans.

DarthPlaguis12

Can you explain what rights they have been stripped of? Everyone in the USA has rights under the constitution BUT they do not have a right to stay.

DarthPlaguis12
You know what's hilarious?

Dreamers and democrats say that dreamers don't come from sh!thole countries, you'd think if this was true they'd be happy as hell to return.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Blindside12
I'm sorry, which americans are having their status as citizens threatened right now?

DarthPlaguis12
Dreamers aren't citizens rocky what are you talking about?

Why can't they just go back to those amazing countries they came from.

Blindside12
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I'm sorry, which americans are having their status as citizens threatened right now?

If their counties we're not ****oles, why did they come here?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.