The Empire's Wrath vs Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FreshestSlice
Wrath as of Ziost vs Peak Dooku.

Force
Sabers
All Out

Who takes it?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Nephthys
Wrath

ILS

MythLord
Tyranus.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by ILS
Why would he have?

Mah, most powerful opponent quote.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by MythLord
Tyranus.
Any actual reasons?

SheGotHerOwn
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Any actual reasons?
An exemplary swordsman who learned the ways of the Force for several decades and then became even more powerful as a Sith, with a multitude of good TK feats and exhibition of skill in several different Force techniques, and power and skill sufficient to be one of the only two Jedi to ever overcome Mace motherf*cking Windu in a spar, hold his own against Yoda, and hold the advantage over enemies like Ventress+Savage, Grievous, Obi-Wan etc.

Anything for the Wrath that competes?

AncientPower
Given how insanely powerful Baras is, none of that is exactly far out of the Wrath's paygrade.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by SheGotHerOwn

Anything for the Wrath that competes?

Let's see?

The Wrath has better accolades and showings in actual saber combat, and it didn't take decades to get there.

Amazing feat that no one has ever accomplished before.

Wrath has him beat here.

And the Wrath doesn't? Both Baras and KotFE establishes them as knowing pretty much everything there is to know about being a Sith.

Two people who noticeably outperform him.

Dooku can't fight Savage in sabers and was then overpowered by him. Grievous is below Obi-Wan by miles by RotS, and is shown to be a contender with Ahsoka in TCW. Dooku can't match RotS Kenobi in sabers so that's hardly an advantage, and unless you show why Dooku's going to overwhelm the Wrath in TK more than Revan or Vitiate did, his Force showings won't matter either.

SheGotHerOwn
Pretty horrific reply; your talents are best served elsewhere, I think. Such as helping the bling boy picking cotton.

Let's see?
peaches

The Wrath has better accolades and showings in actual saber combat, and it didn't take decades to get there.
Better accolades than being regarded as one of the greatest warriors ever produced by the Order, with skill only matched by Mace and Yoda? And better feats than all that I listed? Do tell.

Amazing feat that no one has ever accomplished before.
facepalm2

You missed the point, n*gger, which was that Dooku was already a legendary Jedi and then became even more powerful as a Sith.

Wrath has him beat here.
Prove it.

And the Wrath doesn't? Both Baras and KotFE establishes them as knowing pretty much everything there is to know about being a Sith.
You sound like LeGeND.

Two people who noticeably outperform him.
Good thing, then, that I didn't claim Dooku was better than either. Your lack of feats and accolades in mind, I take it that you have nothing to post in Wrath's favor?

Dooku can't fight Savage in sabers and was then overpowered by him.
This isn't an adequate reply. I stated that Dooku has held an edge over him+Ventress, which is true. I can provide 5 quotes from Nova's RT to prove it.

Grievous is below Obi-Wan by miles by RotS, and is shown to be a contender with Ahsoka in TCW.
And also posed a challenge to Mace, the same book in which Dooku is indicated to have beaten him repeatedly (with difficulty, ofc). Obi-Wan beat Grievous with less difficulty (in the movie) because his style of fighting was the best suited to do so. Lowballing Grievous won't help your case seem convincing, broski.

Dooku can't match RotS Kenobi in sabers

and unless you show why Dooku's going to overwhelm the Wrath in TK more than Revan or Vitiate did, his Force showings won't matter either.
One wonders why you made you made this thread when you believe that Dooku is outmatched per lightsaber skill, Force mastery, feats and accolades, and that nothing that Dooku has ever won't matter. mmm

Kurk
http://seriouspod.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/wtf-meme.jpg

1. Savage disarmed Dooku with telekinesis

(Credit: DarthAnt66)

The angle at which Savage strikes makes it extremely unlikely for it to be because of his lightsaber, especially considering the way Dooku flies as if he's just been Force pushed:

1. https://i.imgur.com/kUuSCx7.png
2. https://i.imgur.com/IlDJfAn.png
3. https://i.imgur.com/trUVtkp.png

Dooku seems to be gaining ground in the air, or at least maintaining it, despite the angle Opress striking it being directed quite downwards. It doesn't match up. The main indicator it being telekinesis, though, is the sound effect accompanying it, which is totally different to two lightsabers clashing, but rather is similar to one of the sound effects used for Force push:

a. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDTDCRmYM9Q&t=3m32s
b. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKr...Os&t=22m49s
c. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKr...Os&t=26m58s
d. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDTDCRmYM9Q&t=0m54s

The sound effect is overlapped with two lightsabers colliding, hence why it's hard to tell, since both happen simultaneously.

But, overall, it makes more sense than Savage doing something like this and never again showing such level of physical strength.

Compared to Savage utilizing telekinesis in conjecture with his Force attacks, which he consistently does throughout the fight.

Are we going to ignore the RotS novel where it's insinuated that Mace would lose to Grievous so Kenobi is made to go? Does this mean Kenobi > Mace? Not sure why we're limiting ourself to canon when this match-up involves a legends opponent.

wtf? Can't match him based on what? If you're going to cherry pick from the RotS novel (ignoring Grievous portions), it's made clear that Kenobi's form was now good enough that Dooku couldn't exploit it; not that Dooku couldn't match him lol. It was a growth in Kenobi, not a decline in Dooku.

ILS
When re-pasting bad arguments doesn't make them any better: the post.

Savage does saber-tk blast Dooku later in the fight, and it makes a distinctly different sound. Case closed.

FreshestSlice
Pretty horrific reply; your talents are best served elsewhere, I think. Such as helping the bling boy picking cotton.

Now isn't really a good time for self-deprecation, fam. You're trying to prove a point.

I think being one of the greatest warriors the Order has ever produced, having completely mastery of the lightsaber, and matching the likes of Malgus qualifies as a better qualifier than losing to half the PT, yes. Any disparity in technical skill you could possibly come up with, which is little as far as sabers goes, will be made up for in raw power, which the Wrath has Dooku beat in.

You listed zero feats and went on about sparring sessions, which is a great way to show that in actual combat, Dooku has lackluster showings when going up against more powerful Force Users.

And I don't care because the Wrath is also "legendary"(as in they use the exact same wording) so this accolade is pointless.

I think collapsing a massive cavern dug by the Star of Coruscant with only the residual Force of one's TK is a better feat than being overpowered by Savage and casually by Sidious.

And you sound like someone who should spend less time focusing on me, and more time on proving Dooku's superiority. Show how the Wrath isn't a master of the things they are said to be a master of or don't reply.

Dooku not being better than either makes these points completely irrelevant. They aren't combat showings, and having nothing to do with an all out duel. Even if they show technical parity, that does not when a sabers only match when one must consider Force augmentation and intent to kill. Dooku's later saber showings do not show him to be a match, or even close, to Mace or Yoda.

That's amazing, how you need Nova to make your arguments for you, but this does not change that Dooku cannot face Savage in sabers or handle his brute strength.

See above. Sparring matches mean little in comparison to actual combat. Whatever Doku may have been a match for decades ago, however, is completely irrelevant to the present anyway.

That's nice, and all, but given the Wrath has mastery in Forms I, III, IV, V, and VII(which requires mastery of all forms), and Grevious showings against others in the era, this isn't going to push Grievous ahead of the Wrath either. It has nothing to do with lowballing, and much more to do with the Wrath's simple superiority.

And while you're wondering that, you're spending a lot less time arguing your case. The effort spent on examining me has better use elsewhere, I think

Geistalt
I have reason to believe the Wrath killed Jaric Kaedan on his own, and would be capable of detaining/killing the Dread Masters were he in Kaedan's place.

So this might not be a mismatch, even though Tyranus' saber feats are out of the Wrath's league.

SheGotHerOwn
Now isn't really a good time for self-deprecation, fam. You're trying to prove a point.
I'm trying to prove a point? No, not really. You asked for reasons as to why Tyranus might win. I provided a resume of some of his accomplishments and then asked what the Wrath has to compare; in response, you decided to lowball and not post anything of substance in Wrath's favor. Remember, you're clearly the one whose mind is already made up; I'm the one who's been asking for feats and accolades to get a discussion going. That you've been unable to do so isn't my fault.

I think being one of the greatest warriors the Order has ever produced,

You, corrected by me
And I don't care because the WrathDooku is also "legendary"(as in they use the exact same wording) considerably better than warriors of the same accolade, so this accolade is pointless.

having completely mastery of the lightsaber
mmm

You
this accolade is pointless
mhmm

Oh, and

also me
You sound like LeGeND.

and matching the likes of Malgus qualifies as a better qualifier than losing to half the PT, yes.
Appreciate your efforts, but you can't troll me, bro. Good try, tho. 313

raw power, which the Wrath has Dooku beat in.

also me
Prove it.

You listed zero feats and went on about sparring sessions, which is a great way to show that in actual combat, Dooku has lackluster showings when going up against more powerful Force Users.
I did list feats, actually, but you simply deflected them. Not my problem.

And I don't care because the Wrath is also "legendary"(as in they use the exact same wording) so this accolade is pointless.
Right, remind me to not care about anything you post too. Fun game, n*gger.

I think collapsing a massive cavern dug by the Star of Coruscant with only the residual Force of one's TK is a better feat than being overpowered by Savage and casually by Sidious.
Dooku has easily collapsed stone ceilings as well. Hell, he displayed utter dominance over Ventress, who has collapsed stone ceilings. Plo Koon also collapsed a cave, and so did many Force wielders below Dooku's caliber, probably. So this is completely irrelevant.

Yes, I can play that game too.

And you sound like someone who should spend less time focusing on me, and more time on proving Dooku's superiority. Show how the Wrath isn't a master of the things they are said to be a master of or don't reply.
Still no indication of Wrath's superior Force mastery. I'll take the concession, friend.

Dooku not being better than either makes these points completely irrelevant. They aren't combat showings, and having nothing to do with an all out duel. Even if they show technical parity, that does not when a sabers only match when one must consider Force augmentation and intent to kill. Dooku's later saber showings do not show him to be a match, or even close, to Mace or Yoda.
This makes no sense. Your strawman is noted, but I never claimed Dooku to be a match for Yoda, only that he held his own. Which he did, and it's a good feat. For Mace, Dooku was almost an equal to him pre-TPM. So again, yes, this is completely relevant.

That's amazing, how you need Nova to make your arguments for you, but this does not change that Dooku cannot face Savage in sabers or handle his brute strength.
This is only relevant if Wrath is physically stronger than Savage. Prove he is.

Whatever Doku may have been a match for decades ago, however, is completely irrelevant to the present anyway.
Indeed, because it's not like Dooku became... more powerful?

ermm1

That's nice, and all, but given the Wrath has mastery in Forms I, III, IV, V, and VII(which requires mastery of all forms), and Grevious showings against others in the era, this isn't going to push Grievous ahead of the Wrath either. It has nothing to do with lowballing, and much more to do with the Wrath's simple superiority.
I honestly have no idea why you're citing Wrath's form mastery as a reason why he is above Grievous, when Grievous is a programmed master of all forms himself. Juyo mastery also does not mean mastery of all forms. If it does, prove it. As for Grievous' showings in TCW... good for his opponents? Guess they all beat the Wrath, then. stoned

And while you're wondering that, you're spending a lot less time arguing your case. The effort spent on examining me has better use elsewhere, I think
Yeah, what I wondered is even more confirmed with this post. You are, indeed, a waste of time.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by ILS
Why would he have?

Most powerful opponent, standing up to the Emperor more effectively than Revan ever did according to Charles Boyd (lead writer of SWTOR).

DarthAnt66
Context matters.

JMANGO
well that's a minus one for authorial intent

FreshestSlice
I'm trying to prove a point? No, not really. You asked for reasons as to why Tyranus might win. I provided a resume of some of his accomplishments and then asked what the Wrath has to compare; in response, you decided to lowball and not post anything of substance in Wrath's favor. Remember, you're clearly the one whose mind is already made up; I'm the one who's been asking for feats and accolades to get a discussion going. That you've been unable to do so isn't my fault.

Or, you didn't know much about the Wrath, you decided to give run of the mill accolades with no showings, you got more than you bargined for, and then retreated behind insults, which I reflected back at you. Of course my mind was made up before this thread, and what I assumed to be correct largely was and still is.

This isn't trolling just because it annoys you. Everything stated here is as serious as it could possibly be. You tried to laud Dooku as a nearly peerless duelist, when this clearly isn't the case. If this hurts you, feel free to change your position.

"He is good at sparring," isn't a feat worth mentioning in a duel to the death, nor does it translate directly into combat. The rest is you stating accolades that everyone has, followed by, "And he did good agaisnt these people." This is not dimissal, it's simply not a showing of any sort, and even with context it often helps Dooku less than those others.

And there we go again, more dismissal. Almost like you don't have any actual response to the points being made and need to find a way to casually ignore them, as opposed to proving them wrong.

It's not a stone ceiling, it's the durasteel frame of a starship incased in the ice of Hoth that is noted to be strong enough to tear other ships apart. This is well beyond droping some marble. Showing "utter dominance over Ventress," an opponent on the level of Ahsoka at the best of times does not compare to going toe to toe with Malgus, or defeating Vitiate on Ziost, who's also collapsed "stone ceilings" such as the entire Dark Temple, I might add. You're casual defelcting on a superior showing of TK is what actual dismissal looks like, b the way.

But you'll never be able to play it as well as me. Maybe because I spend time learning about other things than just the people I support. It helps.

The Wrath doesn't need superior Force mastery, nor was this point being made. He simply needs to be able to outlast Dooku in the Force, and given his defensive capabilities with Baras, who was able to convince half the Empire he embodied Vitate, against Sel-Makor using Vitiate's actual body, Sel-Makor being an intergalatic threat that posioned things around it just by existing and with a will to bound the Emperor, resisting the Dread Masters, who've warped the minds of fleets, defeating a Jedi Master so in touch with the Force that he went decades without living on anything without the Force and only became a living weapon, and content with a Revan who is noted to be more powerful than the Wrath at the time, I think the bill for defeating Dooku Force wise has been met. I'd love to see Force feats from Dooku that match any of these, let alone all.

No, it's not relevant. Unless he's a match for either of these two in the Force his technical mastery means nothing. It takes more than technical skill to win in an actual fight.

No, because Anakin, whose not even remotely as physically strong as Savage, is able to replicate these feats long before RotS. A demonstration of superior power and enough technical skill would suffice, and as you've yet to show why Dooku would overwhelm the Wrath in the Force, and the Wrath all ready being one of the most dominating opponents in the setting, I see no reason why Dooku would take the win here.

And it didn't make up the gap, so him being "more powerful" doesn't solve the issue.

No matter how great Grievous is, he's a cyborg who can't rely on the Force to push him over the gap. The Wrath does not have his limitations.

It does. Juyo builds off every form that comes before it, including Niman which requires a decade of study in every form before it. Even if this were not true, it's the most physically demanding of all forms and requires extensive physicals and practice. Whether Dooku also knows these techniques is irrelevant when the Wrath masters and constatly uses it and Form V, two things Dooku struggles with.

As soon as they all have feats that put them even remotely close to the Wrath, I'll gladly make this concession. As long as they contiue to have inferior showings in the exact same situations, I won't.

And yet you took the time to make yourself look stupid anyway. Really makes you think.

SheGotHerOwn
Of course my mind was made up before this thread
thumb up

And yet you took the time to make yourself look stupid anyway. Really makes you think.
Yeah, makes you think that you created a thread with your opinion on subject already cemented, then proceeded to ask for reasons for the opposite viewpoint as if that would actually result in productive discussion. Quite clearly not the case.

See U around. dancesuperm

The Ellimist
Sabers clearly goes to Dooku. He has an accolade explicitly putting himself as a Jedi above any Jedi duelist who ever came before him sans Yoda and Windu. And while you might not take a single offhand quote as gospel, in this case there's absolutely no incredulity or lack of confluence with the body of Dooku's work and character (wanked by everyone as a legendary lightsaber duelist, takes on TCW Obi Wan and Anakin simultaneously, etc.), so I will take the quote as legitimate, and I don't think the Wrath above HoT and Revan in sabers, let alone by a substantial margin given that as a Sith Dooku grows considerably both as a duelist and Force user.

Force is trickier - Dooku doesn't have monstrous environmental feats unless if you take his cruiser ragdolling a certain way, but I think his telekinetic domination of multiple opponents such as Obi Wan (though I think Obi Wan gets too much flak for it), Ventress, Savage, etc. combined with his apparent parity to TCW Mace Windu as a duelist (and as they are both incredibly skilled technically this probably reflects Dooku's power in the Force) who is above his TPM self who again has a quote putting him above Revan Reborn in power, and his performance against Yoda (even if you dislike Yooku scaling, the fact that Yoda didn't ragdoll or absolutely stomp him in every way is still pretty impressive) probably gives him the edge over the Wrath if the Wrath would get absolutely destroyed by novel Vitiate in every conceivable way (he would).

I mean, I'm saying "probably" because we're comparing two highly separate eras, but I think Dooku would defeat anyone in SWTOR at least below Arcann.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by The Ellimist
combined with his apparent parity to TCW Mace Windu as a duelist (and as they are both incredibly skilled technically this probably reflects Dooku's power in the Force) who is above his TPM self who again has a quote putting him above Revan Reborn in power,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hds9tFMuU8o

AncientPower
Wrath, convincingly.

I'm not sure Dooku is much stronger than Baras, if at all, who's a bonified powerhouse entire magnitudes of power beyond Fulminiss, is so powerful that he convinces Dark Council members he might be strong enough to stomp them all, and gets scaling over the laundry list of exemplary warriors previously butchered by the Wrath.

Azronger
Dooku blinkstomps

AncientPower
^Just about the best rebuttal you can expect from the Prequel Teens.

The Ellimist
lol you didn't respond to any of my or Jack's arguments either wtf

AncientPower
Fresh already debunked your argument, which was a more extensive regurgitation of what Jack already said.

LordOfTheLight
Originally posted by Azronger
Dooku blinkstomps

LordOfTheLight

I mean, I'm saying "probably" because we're comparing two highly separate eras, but I think Dooku would defeat anyone in SWTOR at least below Arcann.

Putting him at Arcann level is honestly underrating the Count.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
Putting him at Arcann level is honestly underrating the Count.

Indeed. Dooku's hype is pretty insane.

AncientPower
Dooku's not Arcann level at all, he's firmly beneath that tier.

Azronger
Dooku would tool Arcann like a child.

Geistalt
bona fide?

AncientPower
He's done nothing to put him on Arcann's level, being beneath Yoda, Kenobi, Anakin and Windu isn't really that great. He might not even be much better than Maul.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
My Wrath reigns

The Ellimist
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
My Wrath reigns

NOOOOOOOO WHY DID YOU CHANGE YOUR AVI IT'S A CLASSIC

DarthAnt66
Cringe ^

Azronger
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
My Wrath reigns

Why Failkorion of all people

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
NOOOOOOOO WHY DID YOU CHANGE YOUR AVI IT'S A CLASSIC

It was a tough decision to make, to be sure.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
Putting him at Arcann level is honestly underrating the Count. Originally posted by Azronger
Dooku blinkstomps
Any reasoning?

ILS
If Arcann level is bad for Dooku, then I suppose the only people from SWTOR who could hope to challenge him are Emperor Outlander, Vaylin, Valkorion and perhaps SOR Revan?

Interesting. I'd also like to see some reasoning.

DarthSkywalker0
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Any reasoning?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.