Cyclops (Fox) vs The Defenders (Netflix)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

emporerpants
The fight is in New York and they start 50 yards apart. Can Cyke take them down before they find a way to get to him and take him out?

Blindside12
Cyclops is the most incompetent there is, he gets roflstomped

TheVaultDweller
Matt uses his speed and agility to get close enough and then chucks him in the head with a billy club. stick out tongue

emporerpants
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Matt uses his speed and agility to get close enough and then chucks him in the head with a billy club. stick out tongue

Maybe. But couldn't cyke do what he does at the 22 second mark in this vid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDtFT7lnJ5w

Blindside12
No because he's a complete baffoon in actual combat. A controlled environment hitting clay discs isn't the same as taking down Luke Cage.

emporerpants
Originally posted by Blindside12
Cyclops is the most incompetent there is, he gets roflstomped

I understand you hate Cyclops, but can we try to have a discussion about him in a vs situation without people letting their hatred for the character cloud their judgment? Or is the hate just too strong? Not trying to pick on you, it's just your type of response is the one of the first I usually see when people discuss Cyclops in a vs situation, like their hatred for the character trumps all logical discussion on his abilities. Again, not trying to pick on you, please don't take this personal, I'm just remarking on a trend I see with the character.

Blindside12
My first response was based on his combat showings. Him and his brother always get owned. They are horrible in combat and don't have a single showing to suggest they could take down the defenders.

Since your obviously taking Cyclops side here, can you post some feats to suggest he can take down the defenders?

emporerpants
No because he's a complete baffoon in actual combat. A controlled environment hitting clay discs isn't the same as taking down Luke Cage.

In X1 Cyclops blasts several pieces of metal that magneto is sending at him in the statue of liberty in much the same manner as he did the clay in that scene, and that is "an actual combat situation."

emporerpants
A young Cyclops did fine against Storm.

Blindside12
Originally posted by emporerpants
In X1 Cyclops blasts several pieces of metal that magneto is sending at him in the statue of liberty in much the same manner as he did the clay in that scene, and that is "an actual combat situation."

You have named two scenes where he is blasting inanimate objects not taking down a team.

emporerpants
You have named two scenes where he is blasting inanimate objects not taking down a team.

I said he could blast a billy club out of the air like he did the clay. You said he couldn't because it wasn't a combat situation and he sucks in combat situations. I mentioned a scene where he blasted fast moving objects out of the air in a combat situation that is much like the clay shooting, thus proving he can do it in a combat situation, especially against a billy club that would be, in all likelihood, moving slower than objects thrown by Magneto. So what does this post of yours I quoted have to do with what we were previously discussing? My initial point, that you tried to refute, was that Cyclops could blast a billy club out of the air. Which he obviously could do. If you think the Defenders can win that's fine. But to think it's a total stomp right from the word go is silly. Cyclops will take a few out before going down, if he goes down at all.

Blindside12
Yea you are right, he wins against the Defenders even though he's been neutralized by Toad.

emporerpants
My first response was based on his combat showings. Him and his brother always get owned. They are horrible in combat and don't have a single showing to suggest they could take down the defenders.

Since your obviously taking Cyclops side here, can you post some feats to suggest he can take down the defenders?

No, I am not taking Cyclops's side. I never said he wins. I think it could go either way. It is certainly possible they get in close and take him out. It is also possible he blasts them before they get close. None of the Defenders have ranged powers and Cyke's blasts are easily powerful enough to take Luke out, especially since Luke was put down by a shotgun. These blast hit harder than a shotgun yes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8nWG456o-Q

The reason I am arguing for Cyke at the moment is you said it would be a total stomp. Which it wouldn't be. They don't have the drop on him, they are fifty yards away in front of him, and he aims with his God damn eyes. What proof do you have that the Defenders can dodge his beams long enough to get in close and take him down? Beyond the whole "Cyclops sucks" thing, which really isn't the most logical argument to put forth.

emporerpants
Yea you are right, he wins against the Defenders even though he's been neutralized by Toad.

Again, he was blindsided by Toad, which is not the case in this scenario.

Blindside12
Sure bro, Cyclops wins

emporerpants
Your sarcasm is duly noted.

emporerpants
Just noticed I messed up and didn't put this in the movie vs forum. Could a mod please move it to the movie vs forum? Pretty please? smile

steverules_2
The defenders win with the roflcopter

Matt Murdock is the pilot

Darth Thor
Matt should be able to get the hit in him.

The other Defenders would be toast. Even with the nerfed live action incarnation of Cyclops.

emporerpants
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Matt should be able to get the hit in him.

The other Defenders would be toast. Even with the nerfed live action incarnation of Cyclops.

Yup, I can see that happening. On his own? I highly doubt it. But with the defenders backing him? Yes, I can see that happening. Daredevil could easily slip away while Cyke blasts the less stealthy members of the defenders, and then sneak up and take Cyke down. However if Cyke blasts him first then I can see him taking down the team. So yeah, not a stomp either way IMO. Both sides can win this.

h1a8
There is no way these guys are not getting hit with the beam.

It's far faster than them, all he needs is to see them to aim (they can't move faster than he can track).

Luke at minimum gets knocked way back.

Cyke wins this.

-Pr-
As much as movie Cyclops is generally crap, his pure power has been shown to be pretty good. So if he tags them, I'd imagine them being pretty much mulched.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by h1a8
(they can't move faster than he can track).

Not sure about tracking Matt. He usually gets the drop on groups of criminals.

KingD19
Not sure about tracking Matt. He usually gets the drop on groups of criminals.

Okay? They start half a football field away in a wide open space and they're looking at each other. Matt's not just gonna vanish into thin air when Cyclops is staring at him.

John Murdoch
I'm thinking as long as Cyclops watches out for Matt's billy clubs he gets the win. Here is how the fight should go down:

- Jessica, Matt, and Danny get obliterated at the outset, with Matt maybe dodging a couple of beams until Scott tags him.
- Luke get pushed back enough to give Scott breathing room to do a Kamehameha wave esque optic blast to at least KO him.

EDIT: 50 yards in NYC can give Matt (and maybe even Danny if he's not CIS "I must avenge Kun Lun as the Iron Fist" mode, in which he monologues in front of his opponent(s)) a lot of real estate with which to work: alleyways, buildings, trees, etc. If it's an open area - should be since it just says 50 yards in NYC with no other specs - see the above.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by KingD19
Okay? They start half a football field away in a wide open space and they're looking at each other. Matt's not just gonna vanish into thin air when Cyclops is staring at him.

Who said its a wide open space?

Thats not how Mat operates in any case.

KingD19
Who said its a wide open space?

Thats not how Mat operates in any case.

It's New York. Unless it's in a building or stated to be in an alley or something, New York is actually pretty big out on the streets. And 50 yards. They start looking at each other.

And Matt has operated that way plenty. Where he just tries to war hammer his way through a room and foregoes any stealth to just fight. He's not going to be dodging a wide beam.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by h1a8
There is no way these guys are not getting hit with the beam.

It's far faster than them, all he needs is to see them to aim (they can't move faster than he can track).

Luke at minimum gets knocked way back.

Cyke wins this.

Originally posted by -Pr-
As much as movie Cyclops is generally crap, his pure power has been shown to be pretty good. So if he tags them, I'd imagine them being pretty much mulched. These. Any Defender that gets caught by the blast is toast, and the only one of them who has any chance of avoiding it is DD. If it's nighttime, DD may be able to get in a stealthy knock with the billy clubs for the win. We've seen plenty of instances where he's used the shadows to evade gunfire. I realize this isn't the same, but he has a chance.

If it's daytime, they get stomped.

TheVaultDweller
Not really commenting on the result, but people seem to forget that while Danny doesn't have as many speed/agility/reaction feats as Matt, the feats he has are pretty good:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11131/111316222/5763272-if+jumps+over+car.gif

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11113/111136785/5754889-5754521-0324140622-giphy.gif

John Murdoch
^Oh yeah, Danny has plenty in the nimble department.

TheVaultDweller
So, in some promotional preview footage for Luke Cage season 2, we see Luke run a 40-yard dash in 3.72 seconds. He can also perform a 24-foot broad jump. The tire feat is meh, as he has done way better onscreen.

QXoiWbjEs0o

So, assuming Cage isn't screwing around, Cyke potentially has little over 4 seconds to put him down before Cage reaches him.

So, not sure if that affects anyone's opinion of the match. Just thought I would throw that bit of info out there.

emporerpants
Bump

John Murdoch
Did Cyclops get any more feats of note in Dark Phoenix?

ShadowFyre
Cyclops SHOULD be able to massacre this team but he somehow won't.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by emporerpants
The fight is in New York and they start 50 yards apart. Can Cyke take them down before they find a way to get to him and take him out?

Which Cyclops is this?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Did Cyclops get any more feats of note in Dark Phoenix?

He was much more of a combatant in DP.

Took on different opponents like Beast and Magneto as well as multiple fodder aliens. Was also the last one shot down when the police are chasing them.

But not amazing blast feats I can think of.

TheVaultDweller
He was also doing some ricochet shots (finally), which should be a big help against the more agile members here, like Matt and Danny.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.