Why doesn't anyone care about state politics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
Everyone here bashes each other over federal government policies when most of the time they're slow to be enacted and are less likely to be as effective as state legislation.

For example, the mass shooting in Florida has triggered plenty to get new restrictions passed, yet nothing has happened in DC.

Meanwhile Florida passed such new laws in only a couple weeks.

If people here were actually serious about what they claim to be passionate about they'd stop bashing strangers over the internet and get involved in local politics.

Of course it's far easier to hide behind a keyboard and act like hot shit so I can understand why plenty would rather do that.

Surtur
The truth is overall the focus is on Trump, good or bad. Trump isn't local.

Eternal Idol
I think it has more to do with being less familiar with each individual state's laws and politics; and major topics of discussion, like gun and drug laws, get discussed at the national level.

Surtur
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
I think it has more to do with being less familiar with each individual state's laws and politics; and major topics of discussion, like gun and drug laws, get discussed at the national level.

In my case it's being too familiar. The speaker of the Illinois House of Representatives lives a few blocks from me. I know his family well. He's a douche.

Plus who gives out bags of potato chips for Halloween?

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Surtur
In my case it's being too familiar. The speaker of the Illinois House of Representatives lives a few blocks from me. I know his family well. He's a douche.

Plus who gives out bags of potato chips for Halloween?
Chips > cheap candy.

Is this an old memory, or was this last Halloween?

Surtur
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Chips > cheap candy.

Is this an old memory, or was this last Halloween?

It's every Halloween.

No jk, it's from years ago. He has the biggest house in the neighborhood and would have all these fancy decorations and then hand out some bags of potato chips. I also knew some of his younger kids.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Surtur
It's every Halloween.

No jk, it's from years ago. He has the biggest house in the neighborhood and would have all these fancy decorations and then hand out some bags of potato chips. I also knew some of his younger kids.
It is a little odd, but not bad. Trick-or-treaters expect to get sweets, yet they'd likely prefer the chips to generic bulk candy.

I've only fairly recently taken an interest in politics. I'll be voting in the next state elections.

Surtur
It's weird because I was just out and in the car on the radio an ad came on bashing the guy lol. His name is Mike Madigan. Actually it was bashing someone who supported him.

Eternal Idol
"...supported Mike Madigan, a man so disconnected from the average working American, that he gives poor innocent American children potato chips on Halloween.

Is THIS the kind of man we want in office?"

Silent Master
The important question is, were they good chips? can't support a man that would give sh!tty chips to kids.

Flyattractor
State Politics only openly affect few posters on this board, unless its BIG State Politics like how Califunny and NY do things that Negativly affect the rest of the nation....like with its Illegal Alien Shenanigans.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Kurk
Everyone here bashes each other over federal government policies when most of the time they're slow to be enacted and are less likely to be as effective as state legislation

If people here were actually serious about what they claim to be passionate about they'd stop bashing strangers over the internet and get involved in local politics.

Of course it's far easier to hide behind a keyboard and act like hot shit so I can understand why plenty would rather do that.

I have assisted in state legislation changes as it pertains to health insurance. I have taken part in the system at a grassroots level to affect change. I have met with individuals from the state legislature and given lectures for them.

Why play the game to make it even when everyone has their opinion and wants to play sides? That's something expressed at kmc frequently.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.