Austin Package bombs; 2 dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Apparently someone is mailing bombs to people

A 17 year old died and another guy died March 2nd

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-austin-bombings-20180312-story.html

Robtard
Well that's complete shit, even worse the person who's doing this clearly isn't a retard so it's going to be that much more difficult in catching them, unless they make some mistake.

Emperordmb
Holy shit that's my city.

Kurk
How unfortunate

Flyattractor
When will we make Good Bomb Control Laws in this country.

Surtur
RIP to the victims. We need to find and painfully execute the person who did this.

Yes, painfully. Like some Green Mile type shit.

Kurk
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Damn, I was expecting Surtur to politicize this event, not you.

dadudemon

I lol'd.

Surtur
Originally posted by Kurk
Damn, I was expecting Surtur to politicize this event, not you.

We do need increased bomb control though. Did you know it's easier to buy a bomb than it is a pack of gum?

Robtard
There it is.

Surtur
smile

Bashar Teg
IEDs are made, not bought. you painfully simple dumbcunt.

Emperordmb
IT'S EASIER TO GET PARTS FOR AN IED THAN A BEER WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
IEDs are made, not bought. you painfully simple dumbcunt.

Because nobody could ever make one and sell it. Do better.

Surtur
Originally posted by Emperordmb
IT'S EASIER TO GET PARTS FOR AN IED THAN A BEER WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING

Do you know it takes more effort to give the thumbs up signal than it does to make a bomb?

Flyattractor
What if you thumb gets blown off by a bomb?

And how much BLAME should we lay on the U.S Postal System for DELIVERING These BOMBS!

Adding and Abedding at least I should think.

I blame the Unions for such Criminal Laxity.

Robtard
Hmmm. Usual derailers of a tragedy thread, it's almost like they expect the perp to be a White male Trumper-type. Weird and very telling.

Kurk
What if you thumb gets blown off by a bomb?

And how much BLAME should we lay on the U.S Postal System for DELIVERING These BOMBS!

Adding and Abedding at least I should think.

I blame the Unions for such Criminal Laxity. NO PROOF THAT USPS DELIVERED THIS
#EXPOSED #FRAUD

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Hmmm. Usual derailers of a tragedy thread, it's almost like they expect the perp to be a White male Trumper-type. Weird and very telling.

I don't expect anything, don't know who did it.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Surtur
Because nobody could ever make one and sell it. Do better.

now you're shifting the goal posts from controlling legal weapons sales to magically banning the entire black market, in order to prevent this hypothetical bombs-r-us scenario that you just pulled out of your cvnt?

Flyattractor
NO PROOF THAT USPS DELIVERED THIS
#EXPOSED #FRAUD

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

It was FOUND in a Mail Box that the USP ONLY are allowed to Use!

I BLAME THE POSTAL UNIONS FOR THIS HORRIBLE LAX IN SECURITY!!!!!!!!!!!

rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Surtur
now you're shifting the goal posts from controlling legal weapons sales to magically banning the entire black market, in order to prevent this hypothetical bombs-r-us scenario that you just pulled out of your cvnt?

I never thought there was a specific bomb store. Yes, the implication was getting a bomb off the black market is easier than buying gum.

It was merely a joke about all the stupid shit they said about guns. Get less triggered.

Emperordmb
WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING

Bashar Teg
I never thought there was a specific bomb store. Yes, the implication was getting a bomb off the black market is easier than buying gum.

It was merely a joke about all the stupid shit they said about guns. Get less triggered.

i'm losing neurons reading your ridiculous dogshit posts. you're nothing more here than a collection of infantile coping tactics. 'lulz i trol you', 'Lol u triggered', etc. any energy spent trying to reason with you is wasted.

Flyattractor
i'm losing neurons reading your ridiculous dogshit posts. you're nothing more here than a collection of infantile coping tactics. 'lulz i trol you', 'Lol u triggered', etc. any energy spent trying to reason with you is wasted.

God Bless Surt for the Wonderful Service His posts are doing for the Internet Community.

Surtur

Quit getting so triggered kiddo.

dadudemon
Sorry, Robtard and Bash...I laughed at their shenanigans. I'm part of the problem because I encouraged their trolling.

But...but...in my defense, it's funny.

Here are my solutions to this bombing problem:

1. People should be required to pass a background check AND they should have to wait 30 days before they buy bombs or build bombs.
2. Additionally, they should pass a new law the closes the bomb show loophole.
3. All assault bombs should be illegal. No one needs that kind of power in a bomb. No one effectively hunts with assault bombs. And you're not going to easily defend your home with an assault bomb. Hand bombs (grenades) and directional shrapnel bombs (claymores) are good enough to protect your home. If they were good enough for the Founding-Fathers, they should be good enough for the rest of us.
5. Lastly, they should implement a bomb buy-back program to reduce bomb homicides. This last one is more important to show efficacy because Australia did this back in 1996 and they haven't had a mass-bombing since then. Also, you didn't notice that #4 is missing.
6. You went back and checked to see if #4 was missing, didn't you?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by dadudemon

1. People should be required to pass a background check AND they should have to wait 30 days before they buy bombs or build bombs.
3. All assault bombs should be illegal. No one needs that kind of power in a bomb. No one effectively hunts with assault bombs. And you're not going to easily defend your home with an assault bomb. Hand bombs (grenades) and directional shrapnel bombs (claymores) are good enough to protect your home. If they were good enough for the Founding-Fathers, they should be good enough for the rest of us.
5. Lastly, they should implement a bomb buy-back program to reduce bomb homicides. This last one is more important to show efficacy because Australia did this back in 1996 and they haven't had a mass-bombing since then. Also, you didn't notice that #4 is missing.

Should we also do this for people that want to use the Postal System?

It is a Dangerous Organization.

Impediment
Austin is full of hipsters and snowflakes. I f*cking hate that town.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Impediment
Austin is full of hipsters and snowflakes. I f*cking hate that town.

You're not the first person to state that about Austin.

And you're not wrong about Austin being full of hipsters:

https://www.movoto.com/blog/opinions/austin-vs-portland-hipster-showdown/

Why the hell does Austin have so many Hipsters?

Impediment
Maybe if we put up signs that read "Bomb free zone! No explosions allowed!" then this insanity will stop.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Surtur
Sorry, Robtard and Bash...I laughed at their shenanigans. I'm part of the problem because I encouraged their trolling.

Dude not cool, you just destroyed his last 2 neurons.

Impediment
Why the hell does Austin have so many Hipsters?

I don't know, but it's eerily similar to that episode of South Park where the entire town is invaded by hippies.

BackFire
Ah, Texas, where everyone is either a fat wannabe cowboy with high blood pressure and a little goatee to try and hide their triple chin, or a skinny hipster with an iron deficiency.

dadudemon
Originally posted by BackFire
Ah, Texas, where everyone is either a fat wannabe cowboy with high blood pressure and a little goatee to try and hide their triple chin, or a skinny hipster with an iron deficiency.

That's very specific.

Kurk
Austin is full of hipsters and snowflakes. I f*cking hate that town. That's DMB for ya

BackFire
And accurate.

Emperordmb
Austin's actually pretty chill, Austin's blue but it's surrounded by a sea of red, so it's actually quite insulated from the stupid bullshit on both sides of the aisle. And it's just a nice place to be, with a thriving cultural thing with music festivals, and good drinking water cause we have an aquifer. And we also have a lot of business n stuff.

Traffic is absolute shit though.

BackFire
Austin's actually pretty chill, Austin's blue but it's surrounded by a sea of red, so it's actually quite insulated from the stupid bullshit on both sides of the aisle. And it's just a nice place to be, with a thriving cultural thing with music festivals, and good drinking water cause we have an aquifer. And we also have a lot of business n stuff.

Traffic is absolute shit though.

Coming from someone who lives near LA - HAHAHAHAHA, you haven't seen traffic until you've tried to drive near LA in the afternoon on a weekday. It can take an hour to go 5 miles.

Silent Master
Isn't LA #1 in the country for traffic?

BackFire
Originally posted by Silent Master
Isn't LA #1 in the country for traffic?

I don't know.

But yes.

Bashar Teg
Coming from someone who lives near LA - HAHAHAHAHA, you haven't seen traffic until you've tried to drive near LA in the afternoon on a weekday. It can take an hour to go 5 miles.

i think commuter traffic between NYC and NJ could compete, but i've never been to LA.

BackFire
i think commuter traffic between NYC and NJ could compete, but i've never been to LA.

Wouldn't be surprised if the NYC area had similar traffic. Only thing that I assume helps alleviate that is that you guys on the east coast have nice public transportation systems like subways that people use. in LA, everyone drives everywhere, so there's just cars everywhere.

Bashar Teg
Only thing that I assume helps alleviate that is that you guys on the east coast have nice public transportation system

not really. in particular, nj transit is a disaster.

BackFire
Well at least you guys have it. We have nothing here. We've been talking about bullet trains for like decades and they've never materialized.

Bashar Teg
elon musk will save us all

https://techcrunch.com/2018/02/19/elon-musks-boring-company-gets-preliminary-permit-for-nyc-d-c-hyperloop/

BackFire
Guy's a treasure.

Can't wait for his inexpensive satellite internet service to start up.

juggerman

F*ck you! I knew you were joking and I was actually enjoying your post but I will NEVER forgive you for making look back for #4 you C*NT!!!!

t(-_-)t

Robtard
I don't expect anything, don't know who did it.

You're on your weak situational atheist knees praying the perp is Black, Brown and/or a Muslim. Why lie at this point, sport.

dadudemon
Originally posted by juggerman
F*ck you! I knew you were joking and I was actually enjoying your post but I will NEVER forgive you for making look back for #4 you C*NT!!!!

t(-_-)t

Not gonna lie...I laughed like the little shit I am when I read your post. haermm

Robtard
Guy's a treasure.

Can't wait for his inexpensive satellite internet service to start up.

Just wait until one of his projects tears a hole in time-space and our nightmares come pouring in from another dimension.

Bashar Teg
weak situational atheist knees

lol'd

darthgoober
Wouldn't be surprised if the NYC area had similar traffic. Only thing that I assume helps alleviate that is that you guys on the east coast have nice public transportation systems like subways that people use. in LA, everyone drives everywhere, so there's just cars everywhere.
I can't remember what movie it was said in, but I know there was one where a character said something to the effect of "NYC is the only city in the world where you can throw a stick up in the air and know that it'll land on either a taxi or an ambulance" lol

Firefly218
Austin is full of hipsters and snowflakes. I f*cking hate that town. Kindly, **** off

BackFire
There was another bomb yesterday that went off in Austin. Police now officially recognizing it as a serial bomber.

Firefly218
There was another bomb yesterday that went off in Austin. Police now officially recognizing it as a serial bomber. Targeting minorities

Surtur
You're on your weak situational atheist knees praying the perp is Black, Brown and/or a Muslim. Why lie at this point, sport.

^The kid is upset.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Firefly218
Targeting minorities more right wing terrorism, then. shocking.

Robtard
Last two victims were White. So expect Trump to finally speak out against it.

Though the last bomb seem to be indiscriminate, was planted with a trip wire, not delivered to a specific house.

Kurk
We need to ban bombs, what d'ya say Robtard?

https://static3.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Blank+_49eedfa6dcd52e44a9aaace05ef8b051.gif

Bashar Teg

https://static3.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Blank+_49eedfa6dcd52e44a9aaace05ef8b051.gif

no we just need good guys with bombs.

Kurk
I'm majoring in chemistry so I can be a master methamphetamine cook when I graduate. We need to ban academic institutions!

Bashar Teg
make lsd instead. apart from universal local folklore about that hippie who thought that he could fly, it's not nearly as dangerous/addictive/deadly/evil as meth.

ArtificialGlory
Hear, hear. And don't forget to supply your KMC brothers with some high quality acid once you get established.

jaden101
I took acid and magic mushrooms together once. I tried to set a horse on fire and got kicked in the head. I highly recommend them.

Bashar Teg
you just answered a lot of questions.

Emperordmb
make lsd instead. apart from universal local folklore about that hippie who thought that he could fly, it's not nearly as dangerous/addictive/deadly/evil as meth.
Holy shit that is legitimately the best idea you've ever had...

DO IT KURK

Blindside12
Time to ban packages.

Bashar Teg
no we just need good guys with bombs.

we already had an unhelpful smugphag troll session. sorry you missed it.

Emperordmb
WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING!!!

Bashar Teg
WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING!!!

https://i.imgur.com/KIpS5Bzm.jpg

Robtard
we already had an unhelpful smugphag troll session. sorry you missed it.

The smugphags can't help themselves. It's just what they do.

BackFire
Another one went off in a Fed Ex building, injuring I believe 2 people. Getting worse and worse.

Robtard
Glad at least no one died this time.

But curious where the all 'thoughts and prays' are over these attacks. One must ask, do 'thoughts and prayers' only work against stopping guns violence? What say you, thoughts and prayers folk?

dadudemon
Another one went off in a Fed Ex building, injuring I believe 2 people. Getting worse and worse.

Stupid people. Doing stupid violent things to innocent people.

Why can't we have a "child murderer bomber"? Not that I condone violence like this at all (even a little) but why do these perps almost never target truly bad people?

BackFire
Why target one of their own?

Nephthys
Give teachers bombs. Its the only way.

Silent Master
That's just in, the bomber is dead.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Nephthys
Give teachers bombs. Its the only way.

Yes. Teachers are pushing Fascist Morals onto modern children.
SO they are worse then Gunmen and Bombers combined.

eek!

Silent Master
Originally posted by Silent Master
That's just in, the bomber is dead.

That should have been. "This just in". was posting from my phone at the time.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/21/us/austin-explosions/index.html

Kurk
Rest in pieces, am I right?

Silent Master
At least we know he didn't have dandruff, as the police found his head and shoulders in the car.

Emperordmb
Now we wait for everyone to start arguing what side of the political spectrum he was on.

Bashar Teg
now watch the trumper broflakes deflect from what is likely just another in a series of far-right terrorist attacks.

Blindside12
Doesnt matter what side you are on, no one should be sending bombs in the mail.

Kurk
now watch the trumper broflakes deflect from what is likely just another in a series of far-right terrorist attacks.
What about the anti-Trumper who sent Don Jr. and his wife some harmful chemical in the mail?

Bashar Teg
yeah, whatabout.

Surtur
Originally posted by Blindside12
Doesnt matter what side you are on, no one should be sending bombs in the mail.

This is true, but people will sadly shove politics into this anyways.

Bashar Teg
https://heavy.com/news/2018/03/mark-anthony-conditt-social-media-blog-facebook-instagram/

oh my. what a shock. more clues to a radicalized right wing terrorist. no way.

Blindside12
If he had been captured alive, does he deserve the death penalty?

Robtard
https://heavy.com/news/2018/03/mark-anthony-conditt-social-media-blog-facebook-instagram/

Say it ain't so...

Blindside12

Surtur

^Love seeing this kid triggered

Bashar Teg
whoa, no way, you're a phaggot?

Surtur
whoa, no way, you're a phaggot?

Do better.

Blindside12
Bash

Bashar Teg
"dur hur triggered. i are contributing"

go f*ck youself.

Blindside12
If he had been caught he should have got that, what do you think?

Flyattractor
Looks like the Poor Man may have blowed himself up....Time for the Left to show mercy to all Bombers.

Tzeentch
Now we wait for everyone to start arguing what side of the political spectrum he was on. Why argue about it? It'll be a matter of objective record once they inevitably go through all his computer history.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Why argue about it? It'll be a matter of objective record once they inevitably go through all his computer history.

Alternative facts, bro. Haven't you heard?

Emperordmb
Why argue about it? It'll be a matter of objective record once they inevitably go through all his computer history.
And yet people will inevitably go back and forth with each other over this anyways, and if it's an alt-right person the leftists will treat it like some "HA GOTCHA" moment... even though most of the righties here don't hold the views emblematic of the alt-right. And yet for some reason some of the righties will play into the gotcha moment, get all defensive and Flytractor will probably post something about the leftist fascists or whatever.

Like holy ****, right-wingers who aren't alt-right... just disavow this shit openly and clearly. It's antithetical to your principles, and they are acting out of principles and values that are not your own so conceding their horseshit doesn't in anyway cast an intellectually honest aspersion on your own political beliefs just because you happen to be on the same wing as them.

And lefties, when Surtur or I or someone else posts a story about some regressive bullshit happening becuz "muh political correctness" (such as a professor saying all white people are racist, or a dude being sentenced over a joke, or antifa using politically motivated violence), ****ing disavow that shit too if you don't agree with it on principle. Disavowing it isn't giving into some "gotcha" moment by the right-wingers, because there's nothing to get you on if you clarify that it's not your principles that are being acted out just because you happen to be on the same political wing.

Like this shit is annoying, can people just admit to the bad shit on their political wing and recognize for themselves and people on the other political wing that their wing having regressive ***** on it isn't a reflection of everyone on that political wing when some people on that political wing don't share the same regressive principles the alt-right or regressive left have?

Firefly218

Bashar Teg

Nibedicus
*cough* slavery *cough*

Sorry. Allergies.

Emperordmb
Except that's ideology based generalization. Most white people aren't white supremacists, whereas Muslims are Islamic. This has more to do with cultural and ideological generalization, which I still don't think is fair, but I don't think it's racial. I think the link people draw between Islamic terror and Muslims is "oh that terrorism was motivated by Islam, clearly a horrible ideology and culture" rather than "oh Islamic terror? They must've done it because they were brown!"

I don't agree with generalizing all muslims in that manner, let me just make that clear. I as a Christian have my own experiences getting grouped in with anti-gay sentiment, science deniers, "holier than thou" *****, etc.

Values principles and beliefs can clearly vary within a religious group, but no racial generalizations and religious generalizations aren't the same thing. It would be more akin to lumping in right-wingers as a whole with a white dude who commits right-wing terrorism than it would lumping all white people in with that guy.

And the idea that people don't ascribe collective guilt to white people is a bit absurd when quite a few people expect whites to do some mea culpa for slavery or Jim Crow or the other tragedies of the past.

TheVaultDweller
Firefly218 has never been to places like South Africa, where white people most certainly have and do get judged in that manner.

Surtur
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Firefly218 has never been to places like South Africa, where white people most certainly have and do get judged in that manner.

He just regurgitates anything his professors tell him.

Ask him how many genders there are and get ready to laugh.

Kurk
Firefly218 sounds like a complete tool.

Bashar Teg
thumb up

this is where we'll predicably hit a brick wall of pure intellectual dishonesty and weaponized fallacies.

...and childish personal attacks. i forgot that one.

but deflecting from american politics to south africa? didn't see that one coming kinda

TheVaultDweller
He just regurgitates anything his professors tell him.

Ask him how many genders there are and get ready to laugh.

I have seen the gender bit before. What I really want to know is who came up with some of them. I mean I am actually pretty neutral on the subject overall, but some of the ones I have seen have left me a bit confused. Like this one:

Vapogender: a gender that sort of feels like smoke; can be seen on a shallow level but once you go deeper, it disappears and you are left with no gender and only tiny wisps of what you thought it was

I shit you not. That is a real one, taken from a genderfuild support site.

TheVaultDweller
...and childish personal attacks. i forgot that one.

but deflecting from american politics to south africa? didn't see that one coming kinda

It's not a deflection when his statement did not specify white Americans. Because, spoiler alert, not all of us who post are from the US.

Firefly218

Firefly218

Firefly218
Firefly218 sounds like a complete tool. Cool

Firefly218

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
It's not a deflection when his statement did not specify white Americans. Because, spoiler alert, not all of us who post are from the US.

nope this topic regards events of terrorism in america. context matters, not your fee-fees

TheVaultDweller
For the most part, I really don't see why people care so much about the whole gender thing. IMO, live and let live, as long as no one gets hurt. But I admit I am fascinated at how some of the more unusual ones actually came about.

TheVaultDweller
nope this topic regards events of terrorism in america. context matters, not your fee-fees

lol a "you mad" comeback? Try harder.

Bashar Teg
way to avoid the point, coward. thumb up

Nibedicus

TheVaultDweller
way to avoid the point, coward. thumb up

Firefly himself already responded and I left it at that with him. But hey, you be you.

Bashar Teg
you dodged him too. obviously you're just wallowing in intellectual cowardice and should be ignored.

Emperordmb
No it's not, because they're not being grouped in because they're brown, they're being grouped in because of their race.

1. If they were motivated by their Christian beliefs to do it then sure it's the same thing
2. I just said I'm not a fan of making those collective generalizations even about religion. All I was saying was that it's not the same thing as racial generalization
3. At least that would actually be a more fair comparison than conflating Islam with race

Are you ****ing kidding me? Are you saying it's actually justified to be pissed at white people as a whole for slavery when no white American alive today was even born until after slavery was abolished? You think it's fair for black people to be pissed at white people who weren't even alive when these injustices happened? No it's not fair, it's ****ing horseshit.

It is not justified to associate me with Jim Crow or Slavery or historic injustice just because I'm white, because I was not a part of or alive for any of those events, nobody alive today was alive when Slavery was a thing in America, and my white parents in their 50s and 60s were children when Jim Crow was abolished, and they raised me not to judge individuals based on their race. White people such as me or my parents don't need to absolve ourselves of slavery or Jim Crow because we didn't do those "crimes and horrible things."

I don't expect black people to just ignore what people who actually perpetrated injustice did, but I expect them to not resent white people who had nothing to do with those things just because the people who did happened to bare the same skin color. If you ask me, that's a pretty reasonable expectation.

TheVaultDweller
you dodged him to. obviously you're just another intellectual coward who should be ignored.

Nope. He clarified so I dropped it. But hey, keep flinging insults. Makes you look super cool.

Emperordmb
I'm still trying to work through my head that Firefly is saying it's wrong to ascribe collective guilt to all Muslims for terrorism, and yet he evidently thinks it's justified to place the burden of guilt for slavery on all white people.

Firefly218

Emperordmb
Yeah, I'm not a racist, I'll support everyone's rights, treat people with respect until they give me a reason not to, and support them as individuals beyond that where I see merit. I'm not going to give black people any more support than I give anyone else just on account of their race though.

Nibedicus

Firefly218

Emperordmb
I'll support anyone when injustice is being done to them.

I'm not going to kneel for the national anthem though if that's what you're asking me to do.

Firefly218

Kurk
Holy shit this entire conversation is pathetic. Like grow the f*ck up.

Robtard

Adam_PoE

Surtur

Bashar Teg
Lol oh Firefly..irony overload here.

oh look, the big boy won another argument.

Firefly218
Lol oh Firefly..irony overload here. Dude, I'm in conservative Texas. There's of course liberals in every college, but there's A LOT of conservatives here too... Not everything is a caricature stereotype like you think it is. I, as a loony liberal, agree that the pronoun stuff goes too far and punching nazis is stupid and reckless.

Tzeentch
And yet people will inevitably go back and forth with each other over this anyways, and if it's an alt-right person the leftists will treat it like some "HA GOTCHA" moment... even though most of the righties here don't hold the views emblematic of the alt-right. And yet for some reason some of the righties will play into the gotcha moment, get all defensive and Flytractor will probably post something about the leftist fascists or whatever.

Like holy ****, right-wingers who aren't alt-right... just disavow this shit openly and clearly. It's antithetical to your principles, and they are acting out of principles and values that are not your own so conceding their horseshit doesn't in anyway cast an intellectually honest aspersion on your own political beliefs just because you happen to be on the same wing as them.

And lefties, when Surtur or I or someone else posts a story about some regressive bullshit happening becuz "muh political correctness" (such as a professor saying all white people are racist, or a dude being sentenced over a joke, or antifa using politically motivated violence), ****ing disavow that shit too if you don't agree with it on principle. Disavowing it isn't giving into some "gotcha" moment by the right-wingers, because there's nothing to get you on if you clarify that it's not your principles that are being acted out just because you happen to be on the same political wing.

Like this shit is annoying, can people just admit to the bad shit on their political wing and recognize for themselves and people on the other political wing that their wing having regressive ***** on it isn't a reflection of everyone on that political wing when some people on that political wing don't share the same regressive principles the alt-right or regressive left have? Considering your insistince a mere week ago in another thread that we acknowledge the existence of left-wing extremists, despite there only being 1 (one) incident of left-wing terrorism in recent memory, your plea for impartiality now rings disingenuous.

You don't want to believe it, and that's okay, but right-wing terrorism is the most prolific form of terrorism that happens in America by the numbers. Not Islamic terrorism terrorism, not left-wing terrorism. Right-wing terrorism. Therefore a dialogue on the rising tendency of conservatives chimping out needs to be had.

Surtur
Dude, I'm in conservative Texas. There's of course liberals in every college, but there's A LOT of conservatives here too... Not everything is a caricature stereotype like you think it is. I, as a loony liberal, agree that the pronoun stuff goes too far and punching nazis is stupid and reckless.

I believe you.

Silent Master
Dude, I'm in conservative Texas. There's of course liberals in every college, but there's A LOT of conservatives here too... Not everything is a caricature stereotype like you think it is. I, as a loony liberal, agree that the pronoun stuff goes too far and punching nazis is stupid and reckless.

LOL!!!!!

Robtard
Considering your insistince a mere week ago in another thread that we acknowledge the existence of left-wing extremists, despite there only being 1 (one) incident of left-wing terrorism in recent memory, your plea for impartiality now rings disingenuous.

You don't want to believe it, and that's okay, but right-wing terrorism is the most prolific form of terrorism that happens in America by the numbers. Not Islamic terrorism terrorism, not left-wing terrorism. Right-wing terrorism. Therefore a dialogue on the rising tendency of conservatives chimping out needs to be had.

Solid and concise post/points, Tz. But I disagree on the "that's okay" sentiment. It's his right to ignore the facts concerning right-wing terrorism, but it should never be accepted as normal behavior/beliefs.

eg Some people deny the Holocaust happened. Some people think the Earth is hollow. That's their right to believe that; but we should never accept those beliefs as being okay; there's both retarded beliefs and the former is potentially harmful in the long run.

Firefly218
Solid and concise post/points, Tz. But I disagree on the "that's okay" sentiment. It's his right to ignore the facts concerning right-wing terrorism, but it should never be accepted as normal behavior/beliefs.

eg Some people deny the Holocaust happened. Some people think the Earth is hollow. That's their right to believe that; but we should never accept those beliefs as being okay; there's both retarded beliefs and the former is potentially harmful in the long run. thumb up

Freedom of thought is all or nothing. You need to accept all the good AND the bad that comes with it.

Emperordmb
Considering your insistince a mere week ago in another thread that we acknowledge the existence of left-wing extremists, despite there only being 1 (one) incident of left-wing terrorism in recent memory, your plea for impartiality now rings disingenuous.

eg Some people deny the Holocaust happened. Some people think the Earth is hollow. That's their right to believe that; but we should never accept those beliefs as being okay; there's both retarded beliefs and the former is potentially harmful in the long run.
I would consider political mob violence, people supporting racial discrimination in the public sector, and people supporting racial discrimination as a matter of corporate policy, to be extreme.

But you're both creating a strawman here. I didn't say nonlethal violence was equivalent to murder, I said that's not the only metric the two should be compared on if you are to compare them.

If you look back in my posts in question, I said there are more acts of political violence from the far left, but freely conceded that the acts of political violence from the far right are more egregious, and I don't believe I made a definitive claim that one side was worse than the other or that they were both equivalent.

It's not enough to simply compare death counts, you have to compare the scale of the problems. Sure the alt-right has a larger death count, however the frequency with which Antifa employs the use of terrorist tactics to attempt to obstruct speakers is noticeably more commonplace than whatever terroristic behavior comes out of the alt-right.
I'm not equalizing murder with vandalism and non-lethal violent action, the alt-right has a higher kill-count but I'm saying that given Antifa's greater propensity for largescale political violence and mobbing in general it's not fair to compare the two along only one metric. Due to antifa's largescale political violence political speech on college campuses has become noticeably more obstructed due to concerns of violent mobs for even relatively moderate speakers like Ben Shapiro who aren't even advocating for racism or fascism, which has lead to these events being obstructed through either violent destruction, the heckler's veto, the onus placed upon organizations to raise an inordinate amount of money for security, etc.

One certainly has a higher killcount, but the other has a higher incidence of politically motivated violence and fear tactics as well as a wider spread effect in obstructing political dialogue.

Let me repeat that, I freely conceded that the far right has a higher kill count, which is what you are both accusing me of denying and pretending wasn't the case. I'm not denying any facts, or pretending that the far right doesn't have a higher kill count.

And I'm saying the same thing to the right-wingers here I said to the left-wingers in that thread. If this terrorist is a far right terrorist, then they should admit it, accept it, and disavow it.

The reason why I made this post is because I find it absurd that people on the left and right here seem to think they can score points or will somehow have the validity of their political views impugned based on far right or far left bullshit, despite none of those things being in line with most left and right wing KMC posters' political principles.

If you are going to respond to me again, please do your best to not strawman me and accuse me of denying things I didn't deny because I don't appreciate having my arguments and stances misrepresented. If you're going to try and compare me to a flat-earther, at least try and be intellectually honest while you do so.

dadudemon

dadudemon

Right-wing terrorism is also Islamic terrorism, good sir. It's all right-wing motivated terrorism. Don't tell the Evangelicals: they will shit their pants knowing that their aunt who is protesting at the abortion clinic and throwing eggs at the young women coming out are, from a political science perspective, "conservative right-wingers the same as Islamic Terrorists."

Firefly218

Bashar Teg
i disagree about the africa deflection. context matters, and we shouldn't need to emphasize "america this" and "america that" when the context of the entire discussion is within american politics. too many derailments via dutiful and deliberate nitpicking and pettifogging. i don't think it's much different in mentality than dismissing someone's point because they made a typo.

Flyattractor
DRUGS DRUGS DRUGS

Well said Bashy. Well Said.

Nephthys
Apparently the guy left a 20 minute confession video. He was indeed a right wing white guy, so he's now just a "very challenged young man" and is definitely not a terrorist.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>