Darth Caedus vs Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ursumeles
Legends only RotJ Vader

1. Sabers only
2. Force only
3. All-Out

DarthSkywalker0
Caedus.

ILS
Vader wins at dying, but loses the rest.

FreshestSlice
Odds are in Caedus's favor, even assuming Vader is willing to kill him.

Deronn_solo
Not sure.
Caedus is all over the place in terms of consistency.

One minute he can battle Luke for a long period of time, the next - dude getting his ass worked by a few Mandos.

Logically Caedus, if only for holistic reasons and logical scaling/growth.

Ursumeles
Any reasoning guys?
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
One minute he can battle Luke for a long period of time, the next - dude getting his wss worked off to beat a few Mando's. I mean, when we're talking about the Legacy era, these claims aren't even necessarily contradictory, kek.

Deronn_solo
Even in Legacy era, we have relative trash like Cilghal trouncing Mando commanders, so hardly an excuse to give Jacen a pass when dude is struggling with those belonging to the same faction, but factually lower on the food-chain.

I understand Vader is inconsistent as well, but that is a given - when you have, like, a ton of writers jotting your books over a 3 decade period. Jack has 7-8 books and he still rotate between Plo Koon and Plagueis on a book by book basis.

Ursumeles
Pretty sure there's Luke struggling or worrying about YVH droids, and medicroe Sith as well is what I meant.

Deronn_solo
Yeah, but Luke is Luke - he is always like that, no matter the era.

I recall a a dozen CW droids or so, being too much for him and Mara to handle in, I think, one of the Hand of Thrawn books? I mean Luke was manhanling tougher droids than those, like, a decade before the abovementioned incident - with a gesture.

Ursumeles
Luke's indeed been always like this, but both him and Caedus are similar in the regard of low showings -- they trounce the better ones, but when it's about keeping Ben alive, Luke struggles with a few droids, lol.

And the Cilghal trashing Sothais, who trashed Mandos would actually work pro-Caedus high showings, considering that it's been pretty clearly etablished that Caedus >> the rest of the Jedi.

Also, not sure what Intrepid has to do with anything. No, seriously, your autocorrect sucks balls tbh.

ILS
Main reason is the comparison of their fights with Luke. I figure if GM Luke wanted Vader dead just as badly as he did Caedus, it would have finished in the first blow or two.

FreshestSlice
Caedus and Vader have similar TK abilities and durability, but Caedus doesn't have Vader's vulnerabilities in speed. You can say Jacen's inconsistent, but Vader's the exact same way.

MythLord
Jacen.

Deronn_solo
Urs:

The difference being - Luke has a valid reason. It has been stated, numerous times - both by himself and others, that Skywalkerhold back to a significant degree because he doesn't want to skirt too closely to the dark side. That could be used to at least explain away a number of Luke's low-showings.

Jacen, however, has no such restraints; which makes his flip-floppy showings all the more jarring.

Logically, Jacen's true capabilities are obviously meant to lie on the high-end spectrum, so perhaps the nit-picking is unwarranted and Legacy writers just suck.

That moment when you're sporting worse showings than beings you scale favorably over, a la DBZ.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Urs:

The difference being - Luke has a valid reason. It has been stated, numerous times - both by himself and others, that Skywalkerhold back to a significant degree because he doesn't want to skirt too closely to the dark side. That could be used to at least explain away a number of Luke's low-showings.

Sure, but I don't think that saving your own ****ing son from droids should still be something he wouldn't need to worry about, lol. Things like him not crushing Gavar Khai or breaking Viun Gaalan spine makes far more sense. Even then though, it's weird - sometimes he actually struggles with his fodder opponents, and sometimes he flicks them away or disarms them in two or three blows, lol.

On a somewhat related note, wasn't there a scene in TUF where Luke admits to hold back to much, but realizes he needs to stop? The other writers didn't seem to like that all that much.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.