The New Gods

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
Ava DuVernay will direct..

http://deadline.com/2018/03/ava-duvernay-new-gods-movie-warner-bros-dc-jack-kirby-1202338680/

She'll leave in 6 months lol

Flyattractor
Awww... is widdle Brucie that His Comic Book Fetish Group might be getting some competition in the Big Screen for once?

Awwwww!

riv6672
Pass.

Other than Mister Miracle and Big Barda, never been a New Gods fan.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Awww... is widdle Brucie that His Comic Book Fetish Group might be getting some competition in the Big Screen for once?

Awwwww!

i see your butthurt still consumes you.. that will be your undoing

Zack M
Looks like it's a go. She posted a tweet with Jack Kirby. Nice pick up.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i see your butthurt still consumes you.. that will be your undoing

You have one of the Ultimate Mary Sue's as your avatar.

You are the QUEEN of True Butthurt.

Blindside12
Please dont make this movie.

SquallX

tkitna
I would actually be interested in this. I dig the New Gods.

TheVaultDweller
I am genuinely curious as to how they are making their creative decisions at this point. I have this mental image of them throwing darts at a board full of names of people/properties, while blindfolded. That, or something like this:

oBhrpD1x8zo

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I am genuinely curious as to how they are making their creative decisions at this point. I have this mental image of them throwing darts at a board full of names of people/properties, while blindfolded. That, or something like this:

oBhrpD1x8zo

thumb up

Ridley_Prime
In the comics Wonder Woman was in World War II, but the movie was set in the first World War to avoid or lessen the Captain America ripoff label iirc since he already had a WWII movie.

Not sure if I have any expectations for this film yet though.

SquallX
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
In the comics Wonder Woman was in World War II, but the movie was set in the first World War to avoid or lessen the Captain America ripoff label iirc since he already had a WWII movie.

Not sure if I have any expectations for this film yet though.

I know that, but it still changes nothing. WW was a good movie, but it still fell in the way sides since a was a carbon copy of CA.

Also, has the director done anything worth while? Too lazy to check.

Flyattractor
WW was better then the last 2 Star Wars Movies.

juggernaut74
WW was better then the last 2 Star Wars Movies. Justice League was better than the last Star Wars movie.

Yea, I said it.

Flyattractor
I haven't even seen the JL Movie yet and I have to agree with that.

Ridley_Prime
Not seeing how WW fell on the wayside. It was a huge success. Not perfect, but a step in the right direction. JL was okay-ish for not being anywhere as bad as I thought it'd be.

Not sure what the director has done either.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Not seeing how WW fell on the wayside. It was a huge success. Not perfect, but a step in the right direction. JL was okay-ish for not being anywhere as bad as I thought it'd be.

Not sure what the director has done either.

That is just due to Marvel Fan-atics pushing their bias into ever thing.

TethAdamTheRock
Please make this movie, DCEU is already fail so might aswell put out anything you can.

Flyattractor
I dunno. The New Gods getting a movie would seem like it should be something you should build up to instead of just pushing out a movie.

Not that it couldn't be done but I will side with the WB Execs not being able to pull their heads out of their asses enough to allow it to be done right.

And I will point out that I DO NOT Side with the JackHats like the Starter of this thread that say it is the DC Characters that make it so it can't be done.

Cause I don't like to warm my ears by shoving them up my anus like Brucie.

Inhuman
Ava DuVernay New Gods rumored plot details:

NEW GODS centers on Big Barda and Mister Miracle fleeing from Apokolips after falling in love while being pursued by the Female Furies. Orion makes an appearance. Highfather and Darkseid kept in the background as "mythical" figures. Big Barda is the main character and the whole movie revolves around her breaking away from the Furies after falling in love with Mister Miracle, who at this point is still a prisoner of Granny Goodness as part of the peace treaty.

Flyattractor
....Guh...That is what they did with the first Ghost Rider Movie...and that worked out SO WELL!

carthage
Mister Miracle is such an awful name

Flyattractor
Originally posted by carthage
Mister Miracle is such an awful name

Not if you go with the story line of him escaping to earth and becoming a Las Vegas Style Act.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Inhuman

NEW GODS centers on Big Barda and Mister Miracle fleeing from Apokolips after falling in love while being pursued by the Female Furies. Orion makes an appearance. Highfather and Darkseid kept in the background as "mythical" figures. Big Barda is the main character and the whole movie revolves around her breaking away from the Furies after falling in love with Mister Miracle, who at this point is still a prisoner of Granny Goodness as part of the peace treaty.

If done well, that could be good.

tkitna
Yeah, i'm all for that.

quanchi112
Bring on weak Darkseid.

Surtur
Is it even worth it for DC anymore to sink so much money into these products? Are they making a profit on these films anymore?

ares834

Sounds good.

Inhuman
Wouldn't surprise me if Oprah plays Granny Goodness thumb up

playa1258
Oprah is a natural **** so it makes sense.

BruceSkywalker

sounds interesting...

Wouldn't surprise me if Oprah plays Granny Goodness thumb up

the film will bomb if she is cast

Zack M
Originally posted by Surtur
Is it even worth it for DC anymore to sink so much money into these products? Are they making a profit on these films anymore?

They all made profit, for the exception of JL. WW was the most profitable super hero film of that year.

Anyway, this could be good, if done right. Focusing on Scott and Barda is the way to go. I hope they have Orion in the story somehow.

Mister Miracle is easily the top 3 books of this year. If they have a Ton King type of flavor, id be down.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zack M
They all made profit, for the exception of JL. WW was the most profitable super hero film of that year.

Anyway, this could be good, if done right. Focusing on Scott and Barda is the way to go. I hope they have Orion in the story somehow.

Mister Miracle is easily the top 3 books of this year. If they have a Ton King type of flavor, id be down. Dc was a huge failure thus far. Laughable save WW tbh.

Darth Thor
for the exception of JL.

Which was the whole point of the DCEU. So the Shared Universe concept has completely failed them.

Wonder Woman would have made the same as a stand alone outside of the DCEU. But at this point her success has been a blessing and a curse simply because shes the reason they couldnt simply reboot the Universe and start over.

Ironic though that was the one film you always claimed was a bad idea erm

Flyattractor
Originally posted by quanchi112
Dc was a huge failure thus far. Laughable save WW tbh.

Funny how you have to see a box office before you can make your mind up.

But then Shill Is as Shill Does.

Zack M
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Which was the whole point of the DCEU. So the Shared Universe concept has completely failed them.

Wonder Woman would have made the same as a stand alone outside of the DCEU. But at this point her success has been a blessing and a curse simply because shes the reason they couldnt simply reboot the Universe and start over.

Ironic though that was the one film you always claimed was a bad idea erm

It'll still survive. I'm looking forward to what they have planned, including New Gods.

Bentley
I personally still have a hard time accepting DC somehow managed to turn JL into such a disappointing experience. This is literally merging franchise that were proven profitable over decades all over different media.

It's weird to think they'd probably better off releasing a Metal Men film at this point.

Flyattractor
If only they had more polar bears and giant spiders....

Darth Thor
It'll still survive. I'm looking forward to what they have planned, including New Gods.

So surviving is the goal now? Lol

Im looking forward to Shazam. I should have been really looking forward to the Flash film, but they have totally messed that up. From the casting, character portrayal, to the zig zagging around unearned Flashpoint nonsense.

So there are some things to look forward to but They have a Ton of house clearing to do as well.

Surtur
I still enjoy WW, but after watching it more than once...I found that my appreciation of it was less because of the overall film and more because I was comparing it to other DC films.

Then again if one has eaten nothing but dirt and bugs for weeks even a burrito microwaved at the gas station would taste really good.

Still enjoy it though, but I find it weird in the same way I find Black Panther weird: people somehow felt these were serious "best picture" contenders. It's baffling. Truly baffling.

quanchi112

Darth Thor
I still enjoy WW, but after watching it more than once...I found that my appreciation of it was less because of the overall film and more because I was comparing it to other DC films.

Then again if one has eaten nothing but dirt and bugs for weeks even a burrito microwaved at the gas station would taste really good.

Still enjoy it though, but I find it weird in the same way I find Black Panther weird: people somehow felt these were serious "best picture" contenders. It's baffling. Truly baffling.

Have you ever seen an Oscar winning best picture? They are not usually that entertaining lol.

Dont think WW was ever on the cards for best picture. Or any Oscar nominations tbh. BP is getting some legit buzz though. Will have to wait and see.

Zack M
So surviving is the goal now? Lol

Im looking forward to Shazam. I should have been really looking forward to the Flash film, but they have totally messed that up. From the casting, character portrayal, to the zig zagging around unearned Flashpoint nonsense.

So there are some things to look forward to but They have a Ton of house clearing to do as well.

Of course. If they can get enough good will, they'll get their extended universe back on course. Supposedly, the producer who is head of the horror division that is taking over has a good plan. Just wait and see. There is already positive buzz from SHAZAM and Aquaman. Hopefully those propel them after Justice League.

As for Flash, I hear they're not even doing Flashpoint anymore.

Surtur
Have you ever seen an Oscar winning best picture? They are not usually that entertaining lol.

Dont think WW was ever on the cards for best picture. Or any Oscar nominations tbh. BP is getting some legit buzz though. Will have to wait and see.

It's true a lot of the best pictures are kinda boring. Hollywood also likes to jerk itself off by hyping up movies about the business lol.

Inhuman
Of course. If they can get enough good will, they'll get their extended universe back on course. Just wait and see. There is already positive buzz from SHAZAM and Aquaman. Hopefully those propel them after Justice League.

You been singing the same song for years now. This post is almost the same as the one before Justice League came out. The same as the one you made before Suicide Squad, etc.

erm

Darth Thor
At least Snyder is out now. And theres been a clear change in management. So there may be some hope.

If Aquaman and Shazam dont deliver then they should just pull the plug.

Zack M
You been singing the same song for years now. This post is almost the same as the one before Justice League came out. The same as the one you made before Suicide Squad, etc.

erm

WW had similar buzz and that was one of the top rated SH films of all time, with the highest multiplier. So, yeah, it could happen again. stick out tongue

quanchi112

erm Its fun to mock him over his silly gimmick. Dc sucks and he knows it. Jv level.

Zack M

I wouldn't count those as best picture contenders, either. But that's why they have a new category for next year. The only real Oscar contender in the genre is TDK.

Darth Thor
^ Black Panther is getting legit Oscar buzz. But will have to wait and see if it really is legit or just hype.

Kazenji
Yeah for that new category that they want to add.

Darth Thor
^ No even under the current categories BP has a shot.

The new category will mean a superhero or genre film will win an Oscar every year by default. So wont be that impressive a win. Will just be to increase popularity of the Oscars.

Flyattractor
Its fun to mock him over his silly gimmick. Dc sucks and he knows it. Jv level.

You Broke the Troll Mods Back with that One.

Bentley

The new category will mean a superhero or genre film will win an Oscar every year by default. So wont be that impressive a win. Will just be to increase popularity of the Oscars.

The Shape of Water won an Oscar I'm not even sure the main winners have any rhyme to them at this point.

quanchi112

Khazra Reborn

BP wasn't even that good, if it wins anything over Infinity War, I'm gonna shit on someone's face.

Flyattractor

quanchi112
You need them explained to you? It is just awesome when they admit they are shit compared to the MCU.

Darth Thor
The MCU is too big to care. Only people with no lives ^^^ will continue to gloat about it.

quanchi112
The MCU is too big to care. Only people with no lives ^^^ will continue to gloat about it. Nah, people who told you so you Superman loving idiot. You were so happy for Batman v. Superman. It stunk and I told you so. Winners gloat, loser.

Darth Thor

quanchi112

Darth Thor
^ I doubt it.

quanchi112
^ I doubt it. You know I am. Saying all winners are like Feige is retarded. You say dumb things. Often.

Flyattractor
It is just awesome when they admit they are shit compared to the MCU.

Yeah. You need them explained to you...

quanchi112
Yeah. You need them explained to you... No, I simply love a company admitting they are second rate.

Flyattractor
You already admitted to being a Shill Troll so...

quanchi112
You already admitted to being a Shill Troll so... You are delusional.

roughrider
Better that The New Gods happen than any update of Masters Of The Universe, which has always been a thinly veiled ripoff of TNG anyway.

Robtard
Why not both though? I'd love a MotU live-action film if done right. Thundercats too.

Putinbot1
This will be awful.

Zack M
Originally posted by roughrider
Better that The New Gods happen than any update of Masters Of The Universe, which has always been a thinly veiled ripoff of TNG anyway.

MOTU is actually part of the DC Multiverse. They should reboot the franchise. Weren't they going to do another He-Man movie?

Inhuman
Originally posted by Robtard
Why not both though? I'd love a MotU live-action film if done right. Thundercats too.

I just want to see a live action Snarf.

quanchi112
MOTU is actually part of the DC Multiverse. They should reboot the franchise. Weren't they going to do another He-Man movie? Motu is better than dc.

BruceSkywalker
I just want to see a live action Snarf.

played by zack or playa lol

Originally posted by Putinbot1
This will be awful.

isn't the whole dceu or worlds of dc all crap lol

Darth Thor
Motu is better than dc.

It IS part of Dc now laughing out loud

You Dc fanboi

Zack M
laughing out loud

Putinbot1
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

isn't the whole dceu or worlds of dc all crap lol True, and yet the animated films are often excellent.

quanchi112

quanchi112

Darth Thor
Nope. Spider-Man movie rights owned by Sony. But hes still clearly a Marvel character.

Plus this coming from the guy who claimed Star Wars is now Marvel because the comics are done by Marvel.

So yeah always a pleasure to throw back your own idiocy back a ya.

quanchi112

Zack M
Nope. Spider-Man movie rights owned by Sony. But hes still clearly a Marvel character.

Plus this coming from the guy who claimed Star Wars is now Marvel because the comics are done by Marvel.

So yeah always a pleasure to throw back your own idiocy back a ya.

He's a moron. That explains it.

Flyattractor
Excepts for the Star Wars being done under the IDW Title. And the Marvel Characters that are being done under the IDW Title as well..

so...OOPS!!!

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Robtard
Why not both though? I'd love a MotU live-action film if done right. Thundercats too. I'd rather see battle of the planets over both of them, but yeah I'm down with MoTU and Thundercats too.

Flyattractor
I'd rather see animated movies over Live Action. Animated tends to be able to avoid certain tropes and pitfalls that the Live Action Movies can't.

That and I don't see how you can do a Live Action T-Cats with out it looking like Cat's The Stage Musical The Movie.

quanchi112
Excepts for the Star Wars being done under the IDW Title. And the Marvel Characters that are being done under the IDW Title as well..

so...OOPS!!! Diamond comics recognizes Star Wars under the marvel brand for sales figures. Facts side with me as per usual.

Flyattractor
Diamond comics recognizes Star Wars under the marvel brand for sales figures. Facts side with me as per usual.

Only its the IDW Label that The People See. Not the Marvel One.

So Sad for you that Marvel can't make their own comics any more.

SO sad.

laughing

quanchi112

Putinbot1
I'd rather see animated movies over Live Action. Animated tends to be able to avoid certain tropes and pitfalls that the Live Action Movies can't.

That and I don't see how you can do a Live Action T-Cats with out it looking like Cat's The Stage Musical The Movie. I actually think CGI Thundercats could be O.K. Think an update on the wolves in the Underworld films with Cats heads instead of Wolves. They could be quite intimidating on screen at say 8ft tall.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.