How would a meeting between Palpatine and Snoke have went down?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
Supposedly Sidious was looking into expanding into the Unknown Regions because he sensed a dark force there. Had Palpatine survived Return of the Jedi and completed his mission how would a meeting between Snoke and Sidious go? Friendly or unfriendly?

Kurk
Like Maul and Savage vs Sheev. Curious at first, but then he gets the job done, so to speak.

Stigma
Palpatine would cut him in half.

relentless1
Snoke would bow before the true master of the Dark side or die

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tB_K5OwDlM

The Merchant
Snoke has knowledge that Palpatine desired.

Zentrex
True, Snoke did know certain secrets of the Force which gave him "unlimited resources" and made him "unquestionably" more powerful than Palpatine. But Palpatine had Star Destroyers (which did manage to fend off the Unknown Region's terrors for 25 years), endless armies of Storm Troopers, Darth Vader, the Inquistorius, A Death Star, The Chiss Ascendency, knowledge/limited access to the World Between Worlds, and enough knowledge of the Force to at least fight Snoke. Snoke would've pretty much been at the mercy of the Emperor, honestly, and the Emperor would've gotten what he wanted.

It also depends on what Snoke wants. Firstly, the Emperor felt Snoke or whatever else was in the Unknown Regions calling to him. I think they might've been friends. Snoke could get the death of the Jedi, and whatever else it was which he was after (unless that thing is power/overthrowing Sidious), and Sidious would've learned those secrets to the Force, and potentially gotten himself in a position to gain more control over the World Between Worlds.

quanchi112
Snoke was obviously more powerful in the force. He held greater knowledge which the book confirmed. I told you fools so and all your silly he needed Ben Solo because of his power theories rot away. Snoke would crush Palpatine.

Freedon Nadd
Palpatine: I am the Senate!
Snoke: I am THE ORDER!!!
Palpatine: Mas Amedda? Is that you?

Sinious
This must be the place where the special members hang out

Kurk
If only ILS could join us...

Zentrex
As far as how their reactions would PROBABLY be, I'd be willing to say

Snoke seems like he's trapped in these regions and so he'd be more than happy to be helped out. Perhaps he called the emperor because he wanted to escape and knew that the emperor could help him. Or maybe because he foresaw the emperor's death. Whatever.

Snoke does probably want control, though. There's no way he's getting it with old Sheev-ey around, , but he seems to want power. So there may be some...struggle. Conflict. He does have the ability to manipulate minds, though, and we've seen him do that Sidious when he sent visions from the unknown regions, so it's maybe possible, although unlikely, that he actually gets sidious to go through with HIS will.

Palpatine's been searching for the secrets that Snoke already knows, so using him would make sense, but considering the Emperor's intelligence, he would probably understand the threat Snoke presents. And so he probably would react to that intelligently to get what he wants. And he can always find the secrets in the Unknown Regions the old fashioned way as well. His reaction would probably be reluctant, but sure.

I've already stated why I think Sidious would probably have his say met in this case, but and of course, he knows that the terrors in the Unknown Regions are not light threats. So he would be cautious of Snoke and what effect his powers could have on him, especially having already experienced a mental effect which made Darth Vader and some others think that he was going crazy specifically because of the messages Snoke sent to Palpatine's mind.

Snoke does have some pretty gnarly mind-bending powers, though, so who knows?

Zentrex
I got bored and started thinking a little too far ahead in this line of thought, but it's nice to entertain the idea.

So, if Palpatine would have won in this scenario, what would that mean for the rest of the galaxy?

At the time of Return of the Jedi, Palpatine, instead of trying to destroy the rebel fleet, decides instead to first go fully into the unknown regions, and gain whatever power is to be gained there. And so he goes in, finding Snoke, whatever terrors lurk in the unknown regions, and the ruins of the ancient civilizations which first discovered the Force.

He extrapolates all the knowledge he needs from Snoke/the ruins. This gives him the ability to manipulate the minds of others, create force bonds, force projections, force mind probe, and maybe the freeze people/blaster bolt ability if he didn't already have it. He might also have other powers which Snoke knew/have a deeper understanding of the Force.

He kills Snoke, maps the Unknown Regions, sets up stations in them, and expands the Contingency from Pillio and Jakku.

He then initiates his plan with the second death star, and this time, when Luke refuses to join him, uses his newfound Force abilities to make him join him. They escape the destruction of the second death star, and Luke goes back to the rebellion as a mole to kill the leaders.

Meanwhile, Palpatine once again tries to gain access/control over the World Between Worlds. This time, with his new abilities, he can more easily gain control of the mind of another, if not Ezra Bridger himself, which will allow him to gain access to the world between worlds. Here, he tries to figure out how to gain control of it.

Luke Skywalker is convinced by Liea, R2, and the other members of the rebellion who he has an emotional connection to, and turns back to the light side. Knowing that Sidious will know that Luke has changed, he stays with the rebellion, trying to figure out how to defeat the emperor.

Obi-Wan informs Luke of the prophecy of the Chosen One, and Luke decides the only way to destroy the emperor is when he's distracted. Thus, he tries to gain access to the world between words, and uses projection to try and convince Vader that he should betray the emperor. This seemingly does not work.

The Emperor gains control over the world between worlds just as Luke learns how to fight him inside it(using something like Stonepower or something). The Emperor manages to destroy the rebellion, kill Liea, Han, Chewie, so on with his new powers. At this time, Vader realizes the error of what's been happening and decides to kill the Emperor when he's not expecting it.

A lot more damage done, many more lives taken, and a place from where it is MUCH harder to rebuild. But the prophecy is fulfilled. What do you think?

McP
Originally posted by relentless1
Snoke would bow before the true master of the Dark side or die

Zentrex
I think Palpatine might kill him anyway. I mean, what use has he got for him beyond the information which he could extrapolate? After he does that, all Snoke is is a danger to him and his power.

darthbane77
Sidious would demand Snoke's secrets and knowledge, which Snoke would refuse to give, and Sidious would threaten Snoke. Snoke would make some snide remark about Sidious being weak compared to him, and then Sidious would proceed to shower the room with Snoke's blood.

Zentrex
Aren't there other ways of extracting information than threats? Sidious wants this information, so I'd be doubtful he'd be willing to give up so easily.

Galan007
The dialogue would go something like this...

Snoke-
https://i.imgur.com/YSAi1RQ.jpg

Palpatine-
https://i.imgur.com/9ItIthy.jpg

Snoke-
https://i.imgur.com/websdMi.gif

...IMO. thumb up

Zentrex
Originally posted by Galan007
The dialogue would go something like this...

Snoke-
https://i.imgur.com/YSAi1RQ.jpg

Palpatine-
https://i.imgur.com/9ItIthy.jpg

Snoke-
https://i.imgur.com/websdMi.gif

...IMO. thumb up

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.