So, OCD.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Jmanghan
Who here has it, and how bad do you have it?

I think I have it pretty damn bad, I have the normal stuff, but also the really awful stuff, like when you think something and then you get upset about it.

Basically, it can get so bad that it can cause you to think about stuff you'd never do.

There was a time I thought I was a pedo, but it turned out to be my OCD.

It can cause you to believe a host of things, can convince yourself that you're unhappy when you have nothing to be unhappy about, can convince you that you don't love your loved ones.

It causes you to obsess over stuff that people would just shrug at.

Like, something small for one thing would be you obsessing for months.

Your mind convinces you that you are all these things when you're really just fine.

It can make you very depressed and convinced that you're this horrible human being who has unnatural thoughts, but they aren't your thoughts and you don't enjoy them, which makes you... not that specific thing you thought you were.

It gets better, and once you realize what OCD really is, you can figure out ways to combat it.

It can even get so bad that you're convinced you're attracted to family members when you aren't, and cause you to constantly obsess over small mistakes you've made in your past.

Just don't give up on yourself, and don't believe that what you think sometimes, is what you are, because its not, its your OCD and it's all in your head.

You are a very special person, and yeah it sucks that we have this thing that we gotta live with, that convinces you that you're some pedophilic, incestual creature with murderous intent, but its just your thoughts, and thats what OCD is, it causes you to OBSESS over them, it doesn't make you a criminal, it doesn't make you a freak, it makes you a human with a disorder known as Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and thats all it'll ever be.

Don't ever convince yourself that you're a freak, I had to be told by countless people that it was my OCD before I was finally convinced that it was. (And by "countless people", I mean an OCD website, wikipedia, and my girlfriend)

It also causes you to get upset about hypothetical scenarios even when those scenarios are very unlikely, like if I walked out into my living room and everyone is dead, again, OCD, and then it'll cause you to relapse and think about very specific situations in which you hurt someone, or made their life harder.

None of this makes you a bad person.

Once you convince yourself that you aren't these things, and that you're just going through something that someone with bad OCD has, everything will be much easier.

I hope this helps anyone who struggles.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Jmanghan

There was a time I thought I was a pedo, but it turned out to be my OCD.


wait

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
wait Canunot.

No but forreal, thats one of the things OCD does, you can't really understand unless you have it.

basically, it convinces you that you are this thing through your thoughts.

Like... its hard to explain.

It makes you think up hypothetical situations like raping, attacking, or even killing someone, when you have no desire to do any of those things and never would.

But your brain convinces you that you have an intent and interest in such things due to the fact you have those unwanted thoughts.

If you have unwanted thoughts that travel into your brain, almost every day, its probably OCD.

Basically what it does is, like, let's say you're hanging out with a little cousin.

Because you like spending time with them, you think in your head "What if I start having feelings for them?" That develops into "omg what if I'm sexually attracted to them."

When clearly, you're overreacting, you don't think those things at all.

I've read forum sites where countless people with OCD go through these things every day due to their severe OCD.

I've even seen people who thought they were attracted to animals because of situations where a dog would put their paw on their crotch or something.

Same with other awful things.

It causes you to be too scared to go to your doctor, or a therapist, because you think, again, that they'll think you are those things, or be disgusted with you, and they won't, because they're qualified to help you.

Kawaiighostie

Flyattractor
I DEMAND that this Thread Title be changed to CDO!!!!!!!

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I DEMAND that this Thread Title be changed to CDO!!!!!!! I have no idea what CDO is.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I have no idea what CDO is.

Its probably the Oldest OCD Joke.


cool

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Its probably the Oldest OCD Joke.


cool

OH.

Got it now.

Kurk
Yeah, I have my fair share of unpleasant random thoughts that will for like 2 seconds cause me do uncontrolled shit if I'm not under control (e.g snap my pencil in half if I'm in the middle of writing from tensing up for a second.)

I wouldn't attribute it to OCD though. (I do consider myself to be somewhat OCPD though)

If anything my unpleasant thoughts are from minor PTSD episodes (from stupid shit that really shouldn't affect most people)

riv6672
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Who here has it, and how bad do you have it?

I think I have it pretty damn bad, I have the normal stuff, but also the really awful stuff, like when you think something and then you get upset about it.

Basically, it can get so bad that it can cause you to think about stuff you'd never do.

There was a time I thought I was a pedo, but it turned out to be my OCD.

It can cause you to believe a host of things, can convince yourself that you're unhappy when you have nothing to be unhappy about, can convince you that you don't love your loved ones.

It causes you to obsess over stuff that people would just shrug at.

Like, something small for one thing would be you obsessing for months.

Your mind convinces you that you are all these things when you're really just fine.

It can make you very depressed and convinced that you're this horrible human being who has unnatural thoughts, but they aren't your thoughts and you don't enjoy them, which makes you... not that specific thing you thought you were.

It gets better, and once you realize what OCD really is, you can figure out ways to combat it.

It can even get so bad that you're convinced you're attracted to family members when you aren't, and cause you to constantly obsess over small mistakes you've made in your past.

Just don't give up on yourself, and don't believe that what you think sometimes, is what you are, because its not, its your OCD and it's all in your head.

You are a very special person, and yeah it sucks that we have this thing that we gotta live with, that convinces you that you're some pedophilic, incestual creature with murderous intent, but its just your thoughts, and thats what OCD is, it causes you to OBSESS over them, it doesn't make you a criminal, it doesn't make you a freak, it makes you a human with a disorder known as Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and thats all it'll ever be.

Don't ever convince yourself that you're a freak, I had to be told by countless people that it was my OCD before I was finally convinced that it was. (And by "countless people", I mean an OCD website, wikipedia, and my girlfriend)

It also causes you to get upset about hypothetical scenarios even when those scenarios are very unlikely, like if I walked out into my living room and everyone is dead, again, OCD, and then it'll cause you to relapse and think about very specific situations in which you hurt someone, or made their life harder.

None of this makes you a bad person.

Once you convince yourself that you aren't these things, and that you're just going through something that someone with bad OCD has, everything will be much easier.

I hope this helps anyone who struggles.

TLDNR

Genesis-Soldier
damn Jmanghan is still alive and kicking, its been a while mate.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
damn Jmanghan is still alive and kicking, its been a while mate. I've been here the whole time mate, but in the video game section. :P

Girlfriend is here too, so thats pretty cool.

Genesis-Soldier
well it's good to see you in this forum.

good to get the Gf involded

SamZED

Robtard
Jmanghan's not a pedo and never was? Great news.

Kurk
Wow, I thought we finally convinced him to an hero!

Jmanghan
https://childmind.org/article/ocd-sexual-obsessions/

Wonder Man
Isn't OCD a derivative of the Mother complex.
Try accepting you have a mom and see if it helps you find new hope

SamZED
I don't know of any direct correlation.

Wonder Man
Thanks I thought I could be wrong about that.
I think OCD can be modified with a little help is all I mean.
Maybe if KMC put him on the moderator board he would spend more time with us.

SamZED
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Thanks I thought I could be wrong about that.
I think OCD can be modified with a little help is all I mean.
Maybe if KMC put him on the moderator board he would spend more time with us.
Tbh in my experience spending a lot of time on the forum didn't help my condition. You just end up obsessing over stupid stuff.

Wonder Man
Well SamZED sometimes when you smile that a camel can pass through a needle so try not to worry about wealth.

SamZED
confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.