Apocalypse vs Sebastian Shaw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K-Dog

John Murdoch
Lol at the final sentence, K-Dog.

Well, let's take it from the top:

R1: Apoc slowly phases Shaw into one of the walls. Point, Apoc.
R2: Best chance for Shaw to force a stalemate, but Apoc has telekinesis and telepathy on his side. Apoc's healing factor, durability, and strength negate any chance for Shaw to win. I'm giving Apoc another point, because with prior knowledge and no transmutation he'll just delve into Shaw's mind and put him into a coma or something along those lines. Apoc 2, Shaw 0.
R3: Apoc lifts Shaw up and slowly pushes him into an adamantium spike headfirst. Apoc has the research material from First Class, so another point for Apoc. Either that, or see round 1. Apoc 3, Shaw 0.
R4: Apoc's shields stopped Cyclops' blasts cold in the film, so getting hit by one or Shaw absorbing one and firing it back at Apoc will be no bueno for a Shaw victory. Apoc transmutes him to death again.

Too many options and too much power for Apoc. It's his to lose.

K-Dog

John Murdoch

K-Dog
You guys are killing me!....I mean killing Shaw. Ok, take away his telepathy in all scenarios. Does he ever stand a chance?

Robtard
Shaw assrapes here. All of Apoc's powers will just empower Shaw beyond powerful and then he'll release it all in an explosion that will disintegrate Apoc while Shaw looks smug.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Robtard
Shaw assrapes here. All of Apoc's powers will just empower Shaw beyond powerful and then he'll release it all in an explosion that will disintegrate Apoc while Shaw looks smug.

Without telepathy? That makes the it a fight and not an outright stomp, but, Big Rob, I still can't see how Mr. Shaw gets beyond Apoc's shields, matter manipulation, and telekinesis (not to mention extreme durability and healing factor).

Robtard
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Without telepathy? That makes the it a fight and not an outright stomp, but, Big Rob, I still can't see how Mr. Shaw gets beyond Apoc's shields, matter manipulation, and telekinesis (not to mention extreme durability and healing factor).

Shaw has a helmet that block telepathic attacks as standard gear.

Any attack directed at Shaw he will absorb and then convert it into powering himself. Shields, he will absorb. Transmutation, he will absorb. etc. etc. etc.

Shaw was going to absorb enough nuclear energy and then release it in the form of a nuclear explosion and he was going to survive this as per the film's plot. Apoc has nothing on Shaw.

John Murdoch
^Another issue though is the stip by K-Dog that each villain gets to watch the movies in which their villainous challenger appeared.

Thus, Shaw can see what Apoc is capable of, whereas Apoc sees exactly how to defeat Shaw: ever so slowly introduce foreign objects into Shaw's body, particularly his head.

Helmet, you say? Apoc telekinetically yanks it off Shaw's head. Or again slowly walks over to Shaw and takes it from him with his hands.

Shaw's gameplan is this every time he fights: stand there and get pummeled until he can release stored up energy. This time, he is fighting someone who knows that gameplan like the back of his hand (thanks to knowledge absorption, Apoc will have total recall of Shaw's feats. I harken back to XM:A: watching TV in XM:A, Apoc learned Earth's history and English in a very short duration of time), and is like a king of all trades compared to Magneto and Charles Xavier all rolled up into one super being.

Shaw ain't coming out of this alive.

Robtard
Shaw could just grab and hold onto that helmet with one hand, any force applied against removing it he'd just absorb and it would power himself.

Remember when Magneto tried to stop Shaw by bringing down steel beams and Shaw just casually pushed them aside, despite Mag's ability to exert an excess of 800,000 tons of force using metal as a conduit.

John Murdoch
I must apologize firstly: I forgot Sebastian was actually a "doctor". So, it's not "Mr. Shaw", but, rather, "Dr. Shaw". (Dr. Klaus Schmidt for the Nazis).

I digress. Good points, Rob. However, we saw what happened when Magneto pulled the helmet off Shaw's head using his metal manipulation: Shaw reached for it, Charles mental froze him. Apoc is a character that can do both the aforementioned battle feats all by himself. And where matter manipulation is allowed, Apoc just slowly melds Shaw into a wall or leisurely TK pushes Shaw into an adamantium spike. Shoot, let Shaw have his helmet, cause adamantium will still go through it when Apoc TK's Dr. Shaw into an adamantium spike.

Also, I'm still not convinced Shaw releasing any energy back on Apoc will be to any lasting ill effect on En Sabah Nur. Dude was resisting on both the astral and physical planes simultaneously against Professor X's mental attacks and the combined assault of Cyclops, Storm, and Magneto. What is Shaw gonna do? Best he can give is a stalemate.

Again, maybe the bad doctor gets a victory if this is a random encounter, but it'd be the fight of Shaw's life. What makes this a win for Apoc is that the stips say he has seen Shaw in action. He knows exactly what Shaw will do in combat.

Nibedicus

Surtur
Shaw could just grab and hold onto that helmet with one hand, any force applied against removing it he'd just absorb and it would power himself.

Remember when Magneto tried to stop Shaw by bringing down steel beams and Shaw just casually pushed them aside, despite Mag's ability to exert an excess of 800,000 tons of force using metal as a conduit.

Yep, you need telepathy to defeat Shaw. If he has any way of blocking that...there isn't much to be done.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Surtur
Yep, you need telepathy to defeat Shaw. If he has any way of blocking that...there isn't much to be done.

Why would Shaw absorb matter transmutation tho when has Shaw ever shown he could do this? Matter transmuting the helmet into dust like he transmuted the metal and concrete of an entire city would work IMO.

And Apoc could just sink him into the ground ala quicksand and suffocate him, what's to stop Apoc from doing that?

Josh_Alexander

Robtard
Was mostly playing devils advocate to keep the thread going as it's very one sided considering the assortment of powers Apoc has at his disposal. Even without knowledge it would just be a matter of time before Apoc destroys the helmet and then Shaw's mind turns into goo.

Shaw would have to come into the fight already vastly charged and one-shot Apoc, atomizing him in order to win.

John Murdoch

John Murdoch
Was mostly playing devils advocate to keep the thread going as it's very one sided considering the assortment of powers Apoc has at his disposal. Even without knowledge it would just be a matter of time before Apoc destroys the helmet and then Shaw's mind turns into goo.

Shaw would have to come into the fight already vastly charged and one-shot Apoc, atomizing him in order to win.

Hey, it was a good time. cool

Yes, a fully-charged Shaw (like, say, nuclear energy-charged Shaw) could do the trick if he unleashed a bomb on Apoc at the sound of the bell.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.