Cosmic Spider-man Vs Sinestro

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c2/62/0e/c2620e396bb519c31fdf4bd85e228206.jpg

Pictured versions.
No prep.
No BFR.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/3e/bd/5b/3ebd5bb2a45e6d87b461a8f3eef2455e--new--dc-comic.jpg

Byond
Spiderman..

Zack M
What did SM do?

Byond
I am fairly certain it's Captain Universe (correct me if I am wrong) Spiderman. So his powers would be to counter the yellow lantern ring and beat Sinestro. If not Captain Unoverse Spiderman, I say Spiderman still..

Zack M
He didn't do much, IIRC.

Byond
Have not read much about him, but the powers it grants it's "host" would be the power to beat a lantern ring if he fought a lantern user.

Zack M
He didn't have it for long, so I'll go with Sinestro, based on feats.

Byond
Doesn't matter how long he had it as his powers when he did is above Sinestro.

Zack M
Agree to disagree. I go by feats, not implied power.

Byond
So what makes Captain Universe Spiderman below Sinestro, a Green Lantern level character (slightly more powerful than the top lanterns)?

The fact is that Captain Universes power grant's its wearer the power he/she needs to beat the enemy. No mater the host, the powee still apply.

Zack M
Not seeing it, TBH.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Byond
So what makes Captain Universe Spiderman below Sinestro, a Green Lantern level character (slightly more powerful than the top lanterns)?

The fact is that Captain Universes power grant's its wearer the power he/she needs to beat the enemy. No mater the host, the powee still apply.

Agreed. The Unipower uses the best methods to win the fight, like against Blaastar here for example

Originally posted by I'm Bran
Found them in my Photobucket:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/owned/AC_3_0029.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/owned/AC_3_0031.jpg

abhilegend
Dying is the best way to win. Of course.

zopzop
This is Sinestro with just the Yellow Ring right? No Parallax or outside amp? If so, IMHO, Spider-man wins.

The Unipower amped his strength to ridiculous levels and he'd shatter the ring's constructs and shields and put Sinestro down. He vaporized the Tri-Sentinel, punched Grey Hulk into orbit, he effortlessly lifted a garbage barge weighing hundreds of tons, he shattered Quasar's quantum constructs despite Quasar's best efforts to reinforce them, etc...

One Big Mob
Originally posted by zopzop
This is Sinestro with just the Yellow Ring right? No Parallax or outside amp? If so, IMHO, Spider-man wins.

The Unipower amped his strength to ridiculous levels and he'd shatter the ring's constructs and shields and put Sinestro down. He vaporized the Tri-Sentinel, punched Grey Hulk into orbit, he effortlessly lifted a garbage barge weighing hundreds of tons, he shattered Quasar's quantum constructs despite Quasar's best efforts to reinforce them, etc... Those feats don't simply seem like enough though. And Quasar was a little piece of shit back then. It doesn't carry as much weight as Quasar later on. That was issue 7 of Quasars run.

I firmly believe to get a full measure of the Uni-Power against heralds you need to average out every feat minus the ones where people already have vast powers. Because any one avatar simply lacks in that department. Rann has probably had it the longest and you'd be assed to find anything too helpful there.
And only considering Spider-Man's portrayal only leaves you the aftertaste of a no limits fallacy. He might not have had the greatest feats, but he also really didn't have low feats. Where do you build from there? Just ignore the other hosts entirely?

Galan007
Sinestro wins.

zopzop
Originally posted by One Big Mob
And only considering Spider-Man's portrayal only leaves you the aftertaste of a no limits fallacy. He might not have had the greatest feats, but he also really didn't have low feats. Where do you build from there? Just ignore the other hosts entirely?
The other hosts aren't in this thread though. Only Spider-Man is. He had some interesting showings with the Unipower and the majority of it was good. He even had matter manipulation feats. All this and he wasn't even using it to it's full potential because the process to transfer it to him was interrupted somehow (I forget how but it was mentioned in the Tri-Sentinel issue).

One Big Mob
Originally posted by zopzop
The other hosts aren't in this thread though. Only Spider-Man is. He had some interesting showings with the Unipower and the majority of it was good. He even had matter manipulation feats. All this and he wasn't even using it to it's full potential because the process to transfer it to him was interrupted somehow (I forget how but it was mentioned in the Tri-Sentinel issue). And that's my point.

"All this and he wasn't even using it to his full potential"

Yes I know he had some decent feats. But he had nothing to say he could beat Sinestro and nothing to say he'd lose against Sinestro either besides a lack of feats. Captain Universes aren't around enough to get a full measure of the power, which is my point. They'd be a lot better if you just cobbled everything together for better or worse.

Cosmic Spider-Man has always been a big benefactor in this as "We don't even know his limits", but I guarantee you'd try to Zop me if I brought up a limitation of another user in one form or another.

zopzop
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Cosmic Spider-Man has always been a big benefactor in this as "We don't even know his limits", but I guarantee you'd try to Zop me if I brought up a limitation of another user in one form or another.
Nah, I realize that various CU hosts are all over the place showings wise. It's just that CU SM was one of the better ones and IMHO could take Sinestro.

One Big Mob
Well it's like that old saying
"Lick my asscheeks Zopzop."

People have their own opinions, but I believe this ancient saying has carried itself well over the centuries and will continue on indefinitely.

gauntlet o doom
Are Uni-Power feats considered transferable between wielders?

riv6672
^^^Interesting question.
Thanks for the replies, KMCers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.