Rank these characters in terms of overall combative ability (legends only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
Mace Windu
Exar Kun
Count Dooku
Darth Vader
Revan
Darth Caedus
Darth Krayt
Galen Marek
Darth Malgus
Darth Nihilus
Arcann
Darth Plagueis

Geistalt
Mace Windu
Darth Krayt
Darth Plagueis
Revan
Darth Caedus
Count Dooku / Darth Vader
Galen Marek
Exar Kun
Arcann / Darth Malgus

Darth Nihilus depends on your opinion of KotOR II

The Ellimist
Vader (Knightfall?)
Plagueis
Krayt (dark transfer blah blah)
Windu
Caedus
Vader (RotJ?)
Nihilus
Galen
Dooku
Revan
Arcann
Exar
Malgus

Haschwalth
Revan
Mace
Exar Kun
Caedus
Plageuis
Arcann
Vader
Krayt
Galen
Dooku
Nihilus
Malgus

LordOfTheLight
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Vader (Knightfall?)
Plagueis
Windu
Caedus
Vader (RotJ?)
Nihilus
Galen
Dooku
Revan
Arcann
Exar
Malgus

This except I would put Galen higher. An argument can be made for Mace being on par with, or surpassing Plagueis as well.

Freedon Nadd
https://derpicdn.net/img/2013/5/20/329218/medium.gif

Kurk
Overall combative ability would mean Malgus, Revan, Exar should be above Dooku, who's a one-on-one duelist not a combatant on the field.

DarthAnt66
Vader (Knightfall?)
Plagueis
Windu
Caedus
Vader (RotJ?)
Nihilus
Galen
Dooku
Revan
Arcann
Exar
Malgus
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/IdenticalClumsyAmericanwarmblood-max-1mb.gif

ILS
thumb up

Also lol'ing at Elm's begrudging but slowly increasing respect for Krayt's power.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by ILS
Also lol'ing at Elm's begrudging but slowly increasing respect for Krayt's power.

no expression

I've put Krayt right below Plagueis since 2016 lmfao.

Nephthys
Thoughts on Krayt vs Caedus? mmm

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Krayt beats him to a pulp.

ILS
thumb up

Krayt > Caedus as of Apocalypse, never mind Reborn.

ILS
no expression

I've put Krayt right below Plagueis since 2016 lmfao. More recently you've been toying with the idea of Caedus >/= Krayt (although correct me if you haven't since your return to the forums), hence my post.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by ILS
More recently you've been toying with the idea of Caedus >/= Krayt (although correct me if you haven't since your return to the forums), hence my post.

tbh I'd have to see a more in-depth breakdown of the Apocalypse fight to buy that it proves Krayt > Caedus, because my memory of it doesn't support that conclusion. And if we actually buy what you seem to interpret the fight as then we might as well say Krayt > Palpatine, but instead it seems like you're taking some middle ground where you don't actually think Krayt has parity with Luke but somehow conclude that he's above Caedus (but how do we know how Caedus would've done?).

Zentrex
Krayt, Windu, Kun would all be pretty high
Windu, by virtue of Vaapad, is at the top.
Krayt is one of the most powerful sith lords ever, and knows dark transfer.
Kun knows sorcery which there is very little defense and against, and once managed to hurt NJO Luke Skywalker, so that's something.

Revan is powerful, and knows how to fight, so he might be in the same category as above, but I would place him between them and the next group

I'd probably say the same about Arcann, but I would place Revan above him.

Vader, Dooku, Caedus, and Malgus are pretty good, but not as good as the ones above.
Caedus is undisputedly the most powerful here
Vader would be below him but above most others
Malgus was one of the most powerful sith of an era when the sith were incredibly powerful, and there was a lot of competition. He wasn't darth Vader, but he was strong, and could tank a LOT of damage.
Dooku was a good fighter. He didn't have the advantages or the power of Vader or Malgus, though.
Galen Marek is incredibly effective, obviously. His lightning and repulse have proven to be able to take down armies, but he's not as good against a fighter, especially against skilled opponents, and his only edge against Vader is lightning.

Nihilus has his Force drain, but if anyone has a good defense against that, then they should be good.

Plaguies I never saw as a fighter. He's a powerful sith, and undisputedly capable behind the scenes, but combatively, I wouldn't give him much of an edge.

Kurk
Yeah Dooku is a great fencer and force duelist, but I would not classify him at all a fighter

ILS
tbh I'd have to see a more in-depth breakdown of the Apocalypse fight to buy that it proves Krayt > Caedus, because my memory of it doesn't support that conclusion. And if we actually buy what you seem to interpret the fight as then we might as well say Krayt > Palpatine, but instead it seems like you're taking some middle ground where you don't actually think Krayt has parity with Luke but somehow conclude that he's above Caedus (but how do we know how Caedus would've done?). I mean, it's pretty simple, but your own memory of it being unreliable is hardly surprising to me. Krayt performed similarly to Luke against a common opponent, whereas Luke chair'd Caedus casually and defeated him thoroughly in a duel. This was before Krayt's peak in all aspects bodily and of the Force.

Does that make him better than Sidious? Does it need to in order for someone to make mention of it as a feat? The answer to both is no, not necessarily.

Rebel95
Originally posted by Kurk
Yeah Dooku is a great fencer and force duelist, but I would not classify him at all a fighter
I guess what I meant was combative ability in a one on one scenario.

Haschwalth
The reason I have Revan so high, is because i'm not referring to Raw power, just skill, with this combative ability, aka I'd have Kit fisto above Anakin in Skill. Unless their are quotes having him extremely talented without the force.

The ****er without the force was regarded to have the most potential the republic military had seen within 20 years, this is then backed by Revan without the force, to become the greatest duelist/fighter Taris had "ever" seen within the dueling rings.

his Use of Niman which increased his versatility in battle via the force, and insane Battle precognition, which outclassed, an entire race(echani) who were extremely skilled(Masters) in it.

And, his ability to enter a state similar to oness. Balancing the light/dark sides of the force which is an insane feat. Giving him an amp.

Mace is second via his creation/mastery of Vaapad.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Haschwalth
The reason I have Revan so high, is because i'm not referring to Raw power, just skill, with this combative ability, aka I'd have Kit fisto above Anakin in Skill. Unless their are quotes having him extremely talented without the force.

at least you're consistent

Zentrex
Originally posted by Kurk
Yeah Dooku is a great fencer and force duelist, but I would not classify him at all a fighter Was that in response to me? I said Plagueis I never saw as a fighter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.