Does WW get annihilated gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://i.imgflip.com/26qm6h.jpg

All characters standard versions, no amps.
No prep.
No BFR.
10 minutes between fights, in this order:

Ronan
Nova
Quasar
BRB
Gladiator
SS

How far does she get/can she clear?

https://i.imgflip.com/26qlow.jpg

Sin I AM
struggles at quasar, loses to bill

gauntlet o doom
I think i misread the scenario. She loses to Quasar as the Nova fight will take it out of her.

Byond
Stops at Ronan..
Also, Order should be like this:
Ronan
Nova
Gladiator
Beta Ray Bill
Quasar
Surfer

Though you could argue for Quasar being the last in the Gauntlet.

Either way, she goes down to all of them

Zack M
Clears it. WW is in a class by herself now.

Byond
She doest beat anyone in the gauntlet. The only one she could possibly beat is Ronan.

Zack M
WW is high top tier now. smile

Byond
Originally posted by Zack M
WW is high top tier now. smile

She is nowhere near these guys. She would possibly beat Ronan, after she goes down to Nova and the rest beat her with ease.

Zack M
Nova gets trapped in the lasso,

Byond
She cant throw it fast enough. Nova has the world mind and full power of the Nova corps. He destroys

Zack M
She caught Flash, she can do the same to Quasar or Nova.

DarkSaint85
Also Nova hasn't had the full Nova power for a few years now. I wouldn't count on Worldmind either.

Byond
I assume it is the versions in the picture, which would give him the full power of the Nova Corps and world mind. Also, you mean to say that Flash the biggest jobber in comic book history has been tagged by WW's lasso.... It's not like he constantly is tagged by much slower opponents during his many years in comic

Zack M
WW is the goddess of war. Nova is an ant compared to that.

Byond
What does it matter if she is the god of war if she wont tag her opponents.

Zack M
She will, easily.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Byond
I assume it is the versions in the picture, which would give him the full power of the Nova Corps and world mind. Also, you mean to say that Flash the biggest jobber in comic book history has been tagged by WW's lasso.... It's not like he constantly is tagged by much slower opponents during his many years in comic

Well OP said no amps, standard versions.

And didn't say Nova Prime, but Nova.

WW has also tagged Cheetah many a time. She's a speedster too, fast enough to toy with both Flash and Superman (she wasn't out to hurt them, but to get caught).

Byond
If Nova doean't have World Mind and full power of the Nova Corps (full nova force) he loses. But I was assuming it was the ones in the picture the op provided. But rest of them wins, with low diff.

Four of them doesn't have to fight close quarters (Surfer, BRB, Ronan, Quasar). Even if it would come down to that, two of the four would beat her (Surfer and BRB).

Ronan beat her due to his universal weapon.
Beta Ray Bill would beat her due to the fact he is not only exponentially stronger and more durable. But also he has stormbreaker which would counter everything WW can do.
Surfer would win because he is the Silver Surfer.
Quasar would win because the Quantum Bands.
Nova (assuming it's the one in the picture) is more powerful than her.
Gladiator would outfight her due to superior strenght and durability.

DarkSaint85
But....lasso.......

Byond
Lasso is useless if it can't be used

DarkSaint85
Well your initial argument was that Nova was too fast.

But it's not Nova Prime here (or it might be, tbh; I can't speak for OP).

The others aren't as fast or faster. Certainly not when she's got it on Darkseid (who has superspeed), Flash and Cheetah. And that's ignoring if we don't have pre 5w feats (which I'm never sure about, with all the reboots and whatnot)

Byond
She wouldn't be able to catch any on the team. They would either catch the lasso or avoid it. And that is if they don't just shield themselves from the lasso first. Gladiator would obliterate her h2h.

My original statement isn't gonna change, because that is literally how it is.

Wonder Woman can't do much to any of this team. Would write more about it, but on phone so do not feel like doing it atm. Later I will go in to it. Heck, if Superman can't beat half of these guya, WW can't either.

leonidas
you've never read a ww coic, have you...? obvious because your statement couldn't 'literally' be more wrong. but keep going. i'm sure ds has the patience to carry on with you for a bit. thumb up

Smurph
Ronan should be a nice warm-up round for WW. Not much that he can do to her, and he'd never tag her in the first place.

Wonder Woman's more than fast enough to keep up with Nova Prime. She's also a much better fighter, and typically more effective, but he's way more versatile. Nova has the tools to take her out, but I'd take Diana 8-9/10 still.

Similar with Quasar, but a tougher match for Diana. Still, I think she struggles with him but likely gets by.

Given the previous matches, even with 10 min rest, she probably stops at Bill.

Sooo, exactly what Sin said. thumb up

abhilegend
If Nova doean't have World Mind and full power of the Nova Corps (full nova force) he loses. But I was assuming it was the ones in the picture the op provided. But rest of them wins, with low diff.

Right, let's see about that.

Will they now?
Who has he beaten with that hammer to say he can beat Diana?
Bill is hardly stronger than Diana much less exponentially stronger.

Diana would chop him into pieces if you're going by just power sets.

I like how these are supposed to be self explanatory.
Is he now?

Proof of this?

abhilegend
She wouldn't be able to catch any on the team. They would either catch the lasso or avoid it. And that is if they don't just shield themselves from the lasso first. Gladiator would obliterate her h2h.

My original statement isn't gonna change, because that is literally how it is.

Wonder Woman can't do much to any of this team. Would write more about it, but on phone so do not feel like doing it atm. Later I will go in to it. Heck, if Superman can't beat half of these guya, WW can't either.
I would be so glad to hear why Superman can't beat half of these guys.

Especially Surfer.

Byond
Wonder Woman's strength isn't on planetary level. She has no strength to say she is even close to the heavy hitters. She would at max come in to 1/3rd of the weight of the earth, and that is lifting strength. Her punches would not hurt BRB and Surfer and Gladiator.

Surfer would obliterate Diana in a few seconds. His cosmic awareness would give him the ability to know her strength's and weaknesses (though would not be needed). His durability is enough to tank anything Diana throws at him, considering that he isn't getting hurt by World War Hulk while weakened, and fight evenly against Thor, who hit's harder than Superman and Diana. Then he has matter and energy manipulation, forcefield's, energy projection, can increase his physical stats and more.

Beta Ray Bill rips out core of stars, destroy planets with a punch. Stormbreaker gives him the ability to control the weather, manipulate matter and energy. It gives him the ability to go intangible and become invisible. It gives him energy projection. He is durable enough to take planet busting hits without a scratch (except for his suit getting torn).

Quasar would lose if they had a slug fest. They won't. The quantum bands would give Quasar the win. His constructs is not only more potent than a green lantern's, but his force fields are nearly indestructible. It took people on Thanos level to destroy them, and planet busting attacks have failed to breach them.

Ronan's weapon is what would give him the win. It has matter and energy manipulation on par with Stormbreaker. His forcefields are strong enough to tank hit's from planet busters. He is a much smarter fighter than Diana, and would never try to fight her h2h. His weapon can do more than enough damage to Diana while the only way Diana is winning is if Ronan decides to fight her h2h.

Gladiator would win simply because he is durable enough to tank her hits and strong enough to KO her.

Nova would win only if he has world mind and the full nova force. If not, he loses. With it, he would be too fast and World Mind would already have a way for him to finish her off before she can think of what to do.

As for why Surfer would beat Superman:
Superman would need to power up for him to even be able to come close to physically hurt Surfer. He would be below planet busting on a normal day, and power up to even come close to that. While he do that, Surfer would have already figured out what he needs to do to beat Superman.

Superman have always been portrayed as a guy that had the potential to greatness but isn't there on a regular day.

DarkSaint85
Haha.

I can picture abhi just sitting there, twitching.

Byond
Why do people lowball the Marvel heroes that would beat the high-end heroes of DC.. that has always confused me. There is nothing that indicates that Wonder Woman would stand a chance against any of the Annihilators if they actually fought to the best of their abilities, which they are portrayed to do. Ronan would beat Superman if they fought in-character due to his universal weapon.

DarkSaint85
Because you're only considering one side.

Do you have scans of Surfer actually using his cosmic awareness to pinpoint someone's weakness....and actually doing so, for example?

Not just threatening. Actually doing so, in a fight.

And that's one example I just picked up.

Byond
He has not used it aside from finding out their weaknesses. Can't think of any instance where he used it, but then again, I said he wouldn't use it because it would be pointless to use it since she wouldn't be able to do anything to him. I do know that he has used it to find out strength's and weaknesses of others before, but not in the middle of a fight.

He is still much more powerful than Diana, so that power would not be needed at all. He can literally just punch her and she goes down.

DarkSaint85
Yeah but....her durability isn't anything to sniff at either.

Plus, whilst he has taken punches from a weakened Hulk (carver9 has the scans; ask him) that's different from taking stabs and slashes from swords that can split atoms WHILST backed up by her strength and skill.

She's also used her lasso on speedy foes before. I named Flash, Zoom and Cheetah, the height of speed in DC (and let's get real, Flash's speed feats Trump Surfer's if we wish to go that route).

Yet, you keep saying she won't get the chance to use it. Why?

Darkseid took punches from pissed off Superman etc. His durability is pretty high. WW stabbed him pretty well.

But your confession that you can't think of any time Surfer has used his power is essentially the root of all 'lowballing' as you put it.

Simply put, sure Surfer COULD do it. But he hasn't done it in his appearances stretching back to the 60s, lol.

Byond
While DC heroes does have several heroes that have the potential to get to Marvel strength levels. When they start out at their "base" levels (the strength and durability that we see in most comics with the heroes), they are weaker than the Marvel heroes. They have the potential to grow stronger than most Marvel heroes though.

For example, Thor hit's harder than Superman and Wonder Woman. But Superman have the potential to grow beyond Thor. Thor is more durable than Superman, but Superman have the potential to get more durable. There is a difference in how the 2 universes portray their heroes that makes it all the more fun to read from both Marvel and DC. Both have good stories, both have bad stories. But Marvel's heroes are portrayed stronger, without growing in strength (aside from a few people like Hulk and Silver Surfer), while many of DC's heroes have less base strength but have the potential for more.

Byond
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yeah but....her durability isn't anything to sniff at either.

Plus, whilst he has taken punches from a weakened Hulk (carver9 has the scans; ask him) that's different from taking stabs and slashes from swords that can split atoms WHILST backed up by her strength and skill.

She's also used her lasso on speedy foes before. I named Flash, Zoom and Cheetah, the height of speed in DC (and let's get real, Flash's speed feats Trump Surfer's if we wish to go that route).

Yet, you keep saying she won't get the chance to use it. Why?

Darkseid took punches from pissed off Superman etc. His durability is pretty high. WW stabbed him pretty well.

But your confession that you can't think of any time Surfer has used his power is essentially the root of all 'lowballing' as you put it.

Simply put, sure Surfer COULD do it. But he hasn't done it in his appearances stretching back to the 60s, lol.

The fact that you think that her sword would have any affect on the energy manipulators and their shields are amusing. Also, Surfer wouldn't really be affected by her sword as he can control the molecules in his body and shape shift to basically anything he wants.

Zoom isn't really that fast compared to Flash and Surfer, it's his ability to manipulate time that makes him dangerous. He is fast, but pure speed, Flash is faster.

Flash utilizing his speed to the best of his ability would be boring to read in a fight. He would one-shot Wonder Woman if he decided to go all-out on her. Superman looks like a statue to him, and Diana is slower than Superman. Cheetah is fast, but nothing that the people on this list would have any trouble with. Heck, most of these characters would beat Flash if Flash was in-character because he never utilize his speed all that well in fights. Because you know, he don't want to kill his enemies and all that shit.

EDIT: World War Hulk couldn't beat a weakened Surfer.

Darkseid is almost as poorly written as Galactus is. Her sword would be useless if she can't reach her enemies.

Surfer would not need cosmic awareness to beat her if she has no way to hurt him.

DarkSaint85
Interesting point.

Especially coming hard on the heels of your 'Surfer could use his cosmic awareness' etc etc.

And then subsequently admitting that, in character, in a canon comic, you can't think of a single time Surfer has ever done so.

Byond
I have read Surfer comics where he has used it several times.

And didn't I concede the point that he has not used it to the best of my knowledge in the middle of a fight. Man you are slow. Also the fact that just because I can't think of an instance doesn't change the outcome of the fight. AT ALL.

He has way too many hax abilities to go down to her.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Smurph
Ronan should be a nice warm-up round for WW. Not much that he can do to her, and he'd never tag her in the first place.

Wonder Woman's more than fast enough to keep up with Nova Prime. She's also a much better fighter, and typically more effective, but he's way more versatile. Nova has the tools to take her out, but I'd take Diana 8-9/10 still.

Similar with Quasar, but a tougher match for Diana. Still, I think she struggles with him but likely gets by.

Given the previous matches, even with 10 min rest, she probably stops at Bill.

Sooo, exactly what Sin said. thumb up

https://media1.tenor.com/images/e58d90cc4ecbdf7fd01adb69f3c5e538/tenor.gif

DarkSaint85
I have read Surfer comics where he has used it several times.

And didn't I concede the point that he has not used it to the best of my knowledge in the middle of a fight. Man you are slow. Also the fact that just because I can't think of an instance doesn't change the outcome of the fight. AT ALL.

He has way too many hax abilities to go down to her.

I am indeed incredibly slow.

I'll wait for you to think of one. You've read them, am sure that in the....nearly 50 years of Surfer appearances, there will be at least one instance of him actually using his cosmic awareness in battle and actually acting on it (and not just threatening, like with Gladiator).

Take your time. I'm not going anywhere. Take all the time you need.

Byond
Jeez, your inability to understand simple English is astounding. I said I couldn't find any instances.

But then I said that he wouldn't need it in the fight because he is too powerful for her to even hurt him.

Byond
But I do know instances where he have used it (not in fights), so it's not outside the realm of possibilities that he have used it. But as I said, I couldn't find it, so I am not gonna say he use it in the fight.

DarkSaint85
Yeah but you're not understanding the point I'm trying to make here lol.

You keep saying he has all these powers. Yet, when I call you up on one of the first ones you mentioned (if not the first) it appears....he's never actually done it the way you've said.

IOW, sure he has all these handy powers according to handbooks and whatnot. Doesn't actually help him in a fight, as he's....not used it in a fight lol.

I mean, what are you going to say next, that he opens a black hole in her head or something?

And THEN, after all that, you then say Flash would lose, because of what he does in comics (as opposed to what his fans say in forums).....

Sin I AM
Yeah but you're not understanding the point I'm trying to make here lol.

You keep saying he has all these powers. Yet, when I call you up on one of the first ones you mentioned (if not the first) it appears....he's never actually done it the way you've said.

IOW, sure he has all these handy powers according to handbooks and whatnot. Doesn't actually help him in a fight, as he's....not used it in a fight lol.

I mean, what are you going to say next, that he opens a black hole in her head or something?

And THEN, after all that, you then say Flash would lose, because of what he does in comics (as opposed to what his fans say in forums)..... .
who's sock is he?

abhilegend
Wonder Woman's strength isn't on planetary level. She has no strength to say she is even close to the heavy hitters. She would at max come in to 1/3rd of the weight of the earth, and that is lifting strength. Her punches would not hurt BRB and Surfer and Gladiator.

Right. Let's see how easily Surfer, Quasar and BRB stop a meteor, the size of Rhode island.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Here are Surfer, Quasar and Beta Ray Bill trying to destroy a meteor the size of Rhode Island or deflect it.

https://s6.postimg.org/gidhdm06p/Star_Masters_2_001.jpg
https://s6.postimg.org/9vqtkfii9/Star_Masters_2_003.jpg
https://s6.postimg.org/l9dcvmt0x/Star_Masters_2_004.jpg
https://s6.postimg.org/8w542gsq9/Star_Masters_2_005.jpg
https://s6.postimg.org/hlxlpkktt/Star_Masters_2_006.jpg
https://s6.postimg.org/hag5ct4dt/Star_Masters_2_007.jpg
https://s6.postimg.org/6mgzrpjsh/Star_Masters_2_008.jpg
https://s6.postimg.org/ex7eda4q9/Star_Masters_2_009.jpg
https://s6.postimg.org/i913su73l/Star_Masters_2_014.jpg
https://s6.postimg.org/jkdgf1s35/Star_Masters_2_015.jpg
https://s6.postimg.org/4te33dylt/Star_Masters_2_016.jpg
https://s6.postimg.org/t670vcj8x/Star_Masters_2_017.jpg
https://s6.postimg.org/vtrvrymwh/Star_Masters_2_018.jpg
https://s6.postimg.org/bnodt2r8x/Star_Masters_2_019.jpg

So much for the planet moving being so easy, eh?

What's this, they couldn't with all their power!

Or Diana hacks him into pieces while deflecting all of his attacks with her bracers. Hulk beat the everloving shit out of Surfer in Planet Hulk.

How does Thor hits harder than Superman BTW?

So Mon-El level feats who actually ripped a white dwarf star (Bill never did that) and was throwing around planets like ping pong balls destroying them?

Hardly stuff to be impressed at. Byrne Superman defeated the same Mon-El.

So rookie GLs level durability who tank planets being destroyed, tank black holes and supernovas?

Diana beats the shit out of him.

A random GL can stop Mordru and Validus (both would beat everloving shit out of Thanos) and can stop planets destroyed in a supernova.

Quasar would be lucky to have shields as durable as a GLs.

laughing out loud

This is the same guy who got oneshotted by Usagent?

laughing out loud

Or she just hacks him into pieces.

Right. Because Nova has actually done that.

Right, he didn't.

crylaugh

Superman has oneshotted beings who tank supernovas and solar system level attacks.

Surfer would be lucky to take more than two punches from Superman.

laughing out loud

Oh you young padawan. Surfer can't even beat small gods like Thor and diet Superman like cyborg Superman.

Forget beating Superman, he would be lucky to singe Superman's cape.

Byond
I am not gonna say he opens a black hole in her head (while he would be able to do it, he wouldn't do it in a fight). He does use energy manipulation in fights, as well as energy drain, and he uses hax in most of the fights he is in.

abhilegend
While DC heroes does have several heroes that have the potential to get to Marvel strength levels. When they start out at their "base" levels (the strength and durability that we see in most comics with the heroes), they are weaker than the Marvel heroes. They have the potential to grow stronger than most Marvel heroes though.

Are you from Bizarro world or something?

laughing out loud

Yes you seem to be from Bizarro world.

Superman is less durable than Thor and Thor hits harder than Superman?

Let's go kid, let's see what you got. Post one feat for Thor in durability and striking which you think shows he is better than Superman.

Any feat.

abhilegend
I am not gonna say he opens a black hole in her head (while he would be able to do it, he wouldn't do it in a fight). He does use energy manipulation in fights, as well as energy drain, and he uses hax in most of the fights he is in.
Duh, let's see how he does against Thor.

Oh right.

Byond
Have you read 2000 and newer Surfer comics? The Annihilators teammembers have been getting stronger and stronger over the decades. For example, Surfer was only a planet buster in the early to late 90's, he has grown beyond that now. As has BRB and Quasar. Nova Prime with World Mind and full Nova Force are at FTL speeds, while Diana is supersonic combat speeds.

Superman would need to power-up to be able to tank hit's from Surfer and BRB, without getting slapped around. While on the other hand, they can tank what Superman throws at them while not powered up by sundipping.

Superman have the potential to grow beyond them. He isn't stronger than them if he doesn't take in more sun radiation.

Also, wouldn't be beyond Surfer's ability to drain the sun radiation from Superman.

Besides, Surfer tanked Supernovas in the early 90's I think it was or the 80's. Not really sure when his upgrade to Supernova Surfer came into effect. But it was between then.

Byond
Magic is a ***** for Surfer..

abhilegend
Have you read 2000 and newer Surfer comics? The Annihilators teammembers have been getting stronger and stronger over the decades. For example, Surfer was only a planet buster in the early to late 90's, he has grown beyond that now.

So he is at almost a GL level in power?

But let me see all those feats which are beyond planet level. He shit himself trying to move a moon and was getting slapped around by Thing just recently.

Let me see those FTL speed feats from Nova, will you?

You haven't shown any proof of that till now.

Lobo himself can tank supernovas. Superman almost killed him in one punch.

John Stewart can survive solar system level attacks (Surfer got vaporized by a solar system level blast).

Superman oneshots him too.

Mon El literally tossed around planets like ping pong balls and Superman beat him black and blue.

Tell me how Surfer survives one punch from Superman.

Proof of this.

Of course he is. Even sun eaters (who can drain suns) can't drain Superman.

Surfer has never tanked any supernova. He has also been koed by Black holes twice, almost crushed once and liquefied by a black hole once.

Pitiful, even a rookie GL does better than that.

abhilegend
Magic is a ***** for Surfer..
So are punches to his face.

Sin I AM
So are punches to his face.

stop feeding him

Byond
You guys clearly need to read some Surfer comics. Wonder Woman's punches would be to Surfer as a Mosquito bite would be to you and me. An annoyance at best.

But then again, it's not surprising that you have no clue of what Surfer is capable of since you have clearly never read any Surfer comics in the last 15 years.

I am the only one here that seems to know anything about what Surfer is actually capable of and the only one that know's Superman's shtick. He has never, and will never be a planet buster when he isn't getting pissed and absorb an extra amount of solar radiation. Without it, he would be at around small planet level, think Venus size planets.

Superman will grow stronger than that, and grow stronger than most Marvel heroes. But Wonder Woman will not get past the heavy hitters of Marvel in terms of strength. BRB and Thor and Surfer have for the past 40 years been on planet level strength.

I can't say the same for Wonder Woman. She isn't getting past Ronan unless it's a h2h fight. He has too much versatility to utilize to go down to her. Her atom-splitting sword would cut their force-fields if they didn't want it to.

Have you read any Marvel comics, AT ALL?

DarkSaint85
Then post the scans of what Surfer will do. That's how we primarily debate here.

Educate us.

What does Ronan do to beat WW? Post his scans.

Then post his durability/speed feats to counter WW.

Simples.

abhilegend
You guys clearly need to read some Surfer comics. Wonder Woman's punches would be to Surfer as a Mosquito bite would be to you and me. An annoyance at best.

Proof of this please.

Well duh, nobody but you have done that.

How odd is that he beats up characters who destroy planets as afterthoughts.

Post these planet level strength feats for the characters.

Yes we have , have you? Browsing through respect threads isn't reading comics.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sin I AM
stop feeding him
Can't do. Haven't destroyed a surfer fanboy lately.

carver9
@Darksaint...

How many scans does he have to post? Example, if he post a single showing of Surfer surviving a super nova, will you cap that at his durability? Kinda like you do Flash. You use his minimum as his average. Does that apply to Surfer as well?

Byond
Quasar in his early days is fairly weak. So is Nova, and Surfer compared to what they are at this point in time. For example, now Surfer tanks Supernovas without trouble, he has tanked hit's from people who destroy planets without being hurt.

Ronan's shield have proven to withstand a guy that can cut through anything. Surfer have been able to shapeshift on a few occasions.

BRB have been shown to rip core out of a star and contend with Classic Drax, who also rip cores out of stars. He has been shown to destroy a planet.

Quasar's shields have help against Thor and Hulk and BRB who are all planet busters.

Nova have shown to (with World Mind and full Nova Force), have shown to be too fast for even the Annihilators and Quasar have been shown to react as fast if not faster than WW.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
@Darksaint...

How many scans does he have to post? Example, if he post a single showing of Surfer surviving a super nova, will you cap that at his durability? Kinda like you do Flash. You use his minimum as his average. Does that apply to Surfer as well?
Surfer's record against black holes/supernovas/planet busting attacks are hardly awe inspiring.

Byond

Funny you mention me being a Surfer Fanboy as I am not since I do not like Surfer that much. I rather read a Superman comic. I would say that the best comics out there is Spider-Man and Batman comics. Superman is good, but can't really compare to the more relatable characters.

You however seem like one of the many Superman fanboys that can't take your favorit hero actually getting beaten by a more powerful hero.

Superman would beat Surfer given enough time. But Surfer ain't gonna sit around and let Superman power up.

Sin I AM

Ahhh i see proceed. Cant say he doesnt deserve it

DarkSaint85
@Darksaint...

I asked for a single scan of him using cosmic awareness mid battle.

Just one.

Because that's what he claimed initially.

Do YOU have it? Not threatening Glads, but actually doing it. If you want to jump in mid thread, better know how things started.

Good to have you in the thread, btw. This is what he claimed:

As the resident Hulk AND WW expert, is this true??

Byond
Surfer's record against black holes/supernovas/planet busting attacks are hardly awe inspiring.

When was the last time you read anything with Surfer in the last 15 years of his comics? Because he has several feats that would put him on Supernova level.

A headbutt from Surfer destroyed a planet. A HEADBUTT.

Byond

Just one.

Do YOU have it? Not threatening Glads, but actually doing it. If you want to jump in mid thread, better know how things started.

I said he could use it. I never said he would. But if he can, he can use it. Cosmic Awareness is pretty much always there, as been explained by Marvel, it's kind of like Spiderman's spider sense in a way, except it let's you know what is going on around the universe and know people's weaknesses and strength's. I would say that he can use it to his advantage in a battle, but I wouldn't say with 100% certainty that he would use it.

abhilegend
Quasar in his early days is fairly weak. So is Nova, and Surfer compared to what they are at this point in time. For example, now Surfer tanks Supernovas without trouble, he has tanked hit's from people who destroy planets without being hurt.

Show us Surfer tanking supernovas then. Come on, it would be fun.

While Surfer almost gets crushed by a black hole.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101099-3020548154-RCO02.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101101-0224692439-RCO02.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101102-3408925193-RCO02.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101103-1252131431-RCO02.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101104-9260050542-RCO03.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101106-0650485457-RCO00.jpg

Koed by a black hole again.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101113-2425527315-RCO01.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101114-4560853732-RCO01.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101115-4938731777-RCO01.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101116-3034425536-RCO01.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101117-2265725141-RCO01.jpg

Koed again by a black hole.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101130-9490308436- lugExQpDVQ0q9bgwuWsJcA27N4N7E_j9qj3EgbWzmbBl4QYa0o
ebZRmePhOtMgbi3LEDEpBOZKSc%3Ds1600

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101131-8577671447- YsR_nwxnP62LXoa_8F1myY5BROdw8L8KLCfyht6D9MOEBfw2RD
E3xeo78ugMsgn-GbrEYOoz2DmU%3Ds1600

While even rookie GLs tank a supernova AND a black hole in succession.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101133-5782302240-9Oc6bSyQYTFtmPKC0P3EnbWYL-UzU4qJ_y--cG66CL57PqMUEaErODa-e-lslRn_UMiVsJOE6NsY%3Ds1600
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101134-8476963445-6bSMn5FRREe5soZyEdtuuDubMXEvYTe4eGPi-BbqUc16ekpd4V3J1sLqfi9677E9aSV5w60u9c3e%3Ds1600
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101135-4041055076-OzbIdoFZ_JD- g3ILvZaoh_iJW6ZD4lHzPQCjXVG9EupujOh0OEJs5hPLXQtqv5
0nuHwFYKGq1ID8%3Ds1600
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101136-1123400499-nEvEIANvg6mNs7YcrRT2Y4XebTW7- qBmxrsAyTibuT___3wKacDM0ebaVlHtBZFU45x5OmuBVUde%3D
s1600
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101137-8753112487- 4ydJaivCzFrIReKgNzepnEwR08ISmF8gtScuLPlu1MDoUDu9fk
NvRm57N0QyP8F41dRxvCqZpXZ_%3Ds1600

Well, that clears everything.

Scans of these kid. Drax also got manhandled by She Hulk.

Post the scans kid.

abhilegend
When was the last time you read anything with Surfer in the last 15 years of his comics? Because he has several feats that would put him on Supernova level.

A headbutt from Surfer destroyed a planet. A HEADBUTT.

Well pretty much everything in Surfer.

Oh, you think it was a headbutt and not the energy blast from Surfer and Morg which destroyed it?

Too bad you can't even read a scan.

Byond
Show us Surfer tanking supernovas then. Come on, it would be fun.

While Surfer almost gets crushed by a black hole.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101099-3020548154-RCO02.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101101-0224692439-RCO02.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101102-3408925193-RCO02.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101103-1252131431-RCO02.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101104-9260050542-RCO03.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101106-0650485457-RCO00.jpg

Koed by a black hole again.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101113-2425527315-RCO01.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101114-4560853732-RCO01.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101115-4938731777-RCO01.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101116-3034425536-RCO01.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101117-2265725141-RCO01.jpg

Koed again by a black hole.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101130-9490308436- lugExQpDVQ0q9bgwuWsJcA27N4N7E_j9qj3EgbWzmbBl4QYa0o
ebZRmePhOtMgbi3LEDEpBOZKSc%3Ds1600

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101131-8577671447- YsR_nwxnP62LXoa_8F1myY5BROdw8L8KLCfyht6D9MOEBfw2RD
E3xeo78ugMsgn-GbrEYOoz2DmU%3Ds1600

While even rookie GLs tank a supernova AND a black hole in succession.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101133-5782302240-9Oc6bSyQYTFtmPKC0P3EnbWYL-UzU4qJ_y--cG66CL57PqMUEaErODa-e-lslRn_UMiVsJOE6NsY%3Ds1600
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101134-8476963445-6bSMn5FRREe5soZyEdtuuDubMXEvYTe4eGPi-BbqUc16ekpd4V3J1sLqfi9677E9aSV5w60u9c3e%3Ds1600
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101135-4041055076-OzbIdoFZ_JD- g3ILvZaoh_iJW6ZD4lHzPQCjXVG9EupujOh0OEJs5hPLXQtqv5
0nuHwFYKGq1ID8%3Ds1600
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101136-1123400499-nEvEIANvg6mNs7YcrRT2Y4XebTW7- qBmxrsAyTibuT___3wKacDM0ebaVlHtBZFU45x5OmuBVUde%3D
s1600
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6101137-8753112487- 4ydJaivCzFrIReKgNzepnEwR08ISmF8gtScuLPlu1MDoUDu9fk
NvRm57N0QyP8F41dRxvCqZpXZ_%3Ds1600

Well, that clears everything.

Scans of these kid. Drax also got manhandled by She Hulk.

Post the scans kid.

The Drax that could rip cores out of stars couldn't beat down Thor and BRB.

Have you read anything post 2000 from the Surfer?

abhilegend
Funny you mention me being a Surfer Fanboy as I am not since I do not like Surfer that much. I rather read a Superman comic. I would say that the best comics out there is Spider-Man and Batman comics. Superman is good, but can't really compare to the more relatable characters.

You however seem like one of the many Superman fanboys that can't take your favorit hero actually getting beaten by a more powerful hero.

Superman would beat Surfer given enough time. But Surfer ain't gonna sit around and let Superman power up.
Not as funny but yeah, go ahead and post those scans.

I eagerly await these.

carver9

But if I post that one showing proving he can survive black holes, that should discredit his lows, right?

DarkSaint85
But if I post that one showing proving he can survive black holes, that should discredit his lows, right?

Carvster, your discussion is with me and on a totally unrelated subject thumb up. Read my post at the top of this page directed at you.

carver9

Just one.

He's using WWH when the fight doesn't mean much since both was weakened. Now if he can provide solid evidence just for the sake of this thread, that he could tank Diana punches, me using the debating talent of someone who inspires me, Dark Saint, then the answer is yes, Diana can't hurt him "only for the purpose of this thread".

Byond
What makes you think I have scans. I need to take them from the internet, which I will not do today. Wait for tomorrow and I would have him surviving Black Holes. And riding Supernovas.

There really isn't anything that I have said that Surfer have not been able to do in recent years. Read the Annihilation stories and beyond and you would realize just how powerful Surfer and Quasar and Nova and the others have gotten for the past 10-15 years.

DarkSaint85
He's using WWH when the fight doesn't mean much since both was weakened. Now if he can provide solid evidence just for the sake of this thread, that he could tank Diana punches, me using the debating talent of someone who inspires me Dark Saint, yes, Diana can't hurt him "only for the purpose of this thread".

Cool, so his example was incorrect and faulty. Thanks, you're the best. As the fight he's using, against Hulk, is incorrect.

And my question was about cosmic awareness. Have you got that scan, please? Asking for like the sixth time.

My point was that whilst Surfer has a list of powers as long as my arm, using them is another matter.

Like cosmic awareness, which is what I used to prove my point. If you can refute it, please do.

That's all.

carver9
Did Surfer not withstand the initial attack from Galactus "Herald my rage"?

abhilegend
The Drax that could rip cores out of stars couldn't beat down Thor and BRB.

Have you read anything post 2000 from the Surfer?
He couldn't even beat she hulk.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111186194/4270811-0+(1).jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111186194/4270814-01.png

Yes, I've read every single appearance Surfer has. Originally posted by Byond
What makes you think I have scans. I need to take them from the internet, which I will not do today. Wait for tomorrow and I would have him surviving Black Holes. And riding Supernovas.

There really isn't anything that I have said that Surfer have not been able to do in recent years. Read the Annihilation stories and beyond and you would realize just how powerful Surfer and Quasar and Nova and the others have gotten for the past 10-15 years.
I will wait eagerly for such scans.

Byond
He's using WWH when the fight doesn't mean much since both was weakened. Now if he can provide solid evidence just for the sake of this thread, that he could tank Diana punches, me using the debating talent of someone who inspires me Dark Saint, yes, Diana can't hurt him "only for the purpose of this thread".

Hulk wasn't at full power at the start of the fight but he powered up more and more as the fight went on. And Surfer didn't take any damage from the punches, and this was after he had lost his power cosmic abilities at the time. But that was a weakened Surfer, so not really applicable to this fight if we go by their powers that they have..

abhilegend
It would change his average from shitty to somewhat better.

carver9
Cool, so his example was incorrect and faulty. Thanks, you're the best. As the fight he's using, against Hulk, is incorrect.

And my question was about cosmic awareness. Have you got that scan, please? Asking for like the sixth time.

My point was that whilst Surfer has a list of powers as long as my arm, using them is another matter.

Like cosmic awareness, which is what I used to prove my point. If you can refute it, please do.

That's all.

First I like to ask, does he need to scream out he's using cosmic awareness or would evidence of him using it without him sounding like a power ranger, yelling out his next move, would work?

Byond
He couldn't even beat she hulk.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111186194/4270811-0+(1).jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111186194/4270814-01.png

Yes, I've read every single appearance Surfer has.
I will wait eagerly for such scans.

Really using those scans. He fought Surfer and Thanos and Thor when they were all planet busters and actually equaled them in power.

carver9
Hulk wasn't at full power at the start of the fight but he powered up more and more as the fight went on. And Surfer didn't take any damage from the punches, and this was after he had lost his power cosmic abilities at the time. But that was a weakened Surfer, so not really applicable to this fight if we go by their powers that they have..

He couldn't power up due to the disk. That was one of the main reasons the disk was on him.

Byond

That's all.

Jeez, you really need to learn to understand English, if you have no way to understand what I said about it. How much would I have to say shit before you actually understand a simple sentence in English?

DarkSaint85
Lol a weakened Surfer took no damage from a Hulk who was powering up as the fight went on....

Based on that, yeah, a full powered Surfer would stomp WW AND Hulk at the same timethumb up

abhilegend
Really using those scans. He fought Surfer and Thanos and Thor when they were all planet busters and actually equaled them in power.
Scans of these fights?

Byond
He couldn't power up due to the disk. That was one of the main reasons the disk was on him.

He did hit harder for each moment that passed. But who cares right..

Byond
Scans of these fights?

I give scans when I find them tomorrow.. Jeez, learn to read when I say I give them tomorrow. I need to find the comic they was in, then look up the scans before. I do have a life other than this, which I need to get back to (watching p***)..

leonidas
this discussion is hilarious and should have stopped when byond laughed at the idea of diana's sword cutting the surfer.

https://imgur.com/a/TUYs1

guess what that little magic dagger did...? lol her sword (also magic since it's clear you've never read a ww comic in your life) would literally carve him up. one cut could easily incapacitate him. and she is most certainly far more skilled than he is...

the same would go for gladiator, obviously, who was stabbed through by logan ffs... laughing out loud

carver9
He did hit harder for each moment that passed. But who cares right..

And Surfer power cosmic got stronger as the fight passed on and still got koed in the end.

Sin I AM
Did Surfer not withstand the initial attack from Galactus "Herald my rage"? iirc he outraced it

DarkSaint85
Jeez, you really need to learn to understand English, if you have no way to understand what I said about it. How much would I have to say shit before you actually understand a simple sentence in English?

And to you too!!

My post was directed at Carver. I was catching him up to speed as to WHY I was asking what I asked, with regards to the scan of cosmic awareness.

I wasn't asking YOU for the scan, lol.

DarkSaint85
And Surfer power cosmic got stronger as the fight passed on and still got koed in the end.
You tell him, Carver! Own him.

Byond
Surfer didn't show any time during the fight to get stronger though. While Hulk did.. just pointing out that little tidbit for you.

Why do u assume I do not know about WW? Her sword would not cut Surfer and actually bother him because of a few reason:

He has withstood magic for the last decade of comics.
He would not be stabbed because he can shapeshift and become literally anything he wants to be thanks to power cosmic.
Surfer would be able to take a slice and it won't hurt him since he has gotten more powerful during his run in the cosmic game and have been able to tank far more powerful weapons than Diana's sword.
Surfer could simply just overpower her with cosmic radiation, and dragging her to the sun and be done with it.

I could probably find other ways for him to win, but whatever.

celeyhyga17
Anything less than a big bang is not enough to beat Surfer.

You're welcome Byond. Now carry on.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/popcorn-gifs/popcorn__.gif

leonidas

Why do u assume I do not know about WW?

no expression

cool, where are all these things he shifted into?

really? what are all these uber powerful magic weapons he's totally tanked?

lol and get stabbed. getting close wouldn't be his best bet.... he'd beat her, that wasn't the question--not for the reasons you say of course, but he would. the question was about her sword not cutting him. there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO evidence that suggests he could tank a sword stroke. and at least SOME evidence it would gut him. you TELLING everyone he's more powerful now means....nothing, you know that, right? confused

you TELLING everyone all these things you've been saying means...nothing. you know that, right? not sure where you dropped in from but we like to SEE stuff here. PROOF he is more powerful currently than when he was stabbed? because he had some pretty awesome feats back then. proof he tanks magic better? proof of really...anything you've been saying at all in this trainwreck of a thread would be nice. lol

riv6672
Thanks for all the interesting feedback, KMCers.

Philosophía
She beats Ronan as if he's not even there, so he might as well be ignored.

Nova might give her problems with the gravimetric pinning, but not enough to really tire her.

Her sword would cut through Quasar's constructs like paper. He is explicitly weak against magic.

She beats Bill in a hard fought fight.

Gladiator is wrapped in the lasso/cut by the sword, for the easy win. Heat vision is blocked by the bracelets, and the moment he gets close he's done.

Surfer it depends on how hard fought the Bill fight is. If she's relatively fresh, her bracelets make a mockery of Surfer's attacks, and she ends up cutting him up, wrapping him in the lasso, or beating the shit out of him physically until he's out.

h1a8

Surfer would obliterate Diana in a few seconds. His cosmic awareness would give him the ability to know her strength's and weaknesses (though would not be needed). His durability is enough to tank anything Diana throws at him, considering that he isn't getting hurt by World War Hulk while weakened, and fight evenly against Thor, who hit's harder than Superman and Diana. Then he has matter and energy manipulation, forcefield's, energy projection, can increase his physical stats and more.

Beta Ray Bill rips out core of stars, destroy planets with a punch. Stormbreaker gives him the ability to control the weather, manipulate matter and energy. It gives him the ability to go intangible and become invisible. It gives him energy projection. He is durable enough to take planet busting hits without a scratch (except for his suit getting torn).

Quasar would lose if they had a slug fest. They won't. The quantum bands would give Quasar the win. His constructs is not only more potent than a green lantern's, but his force fields are nearly indestructible. It took people on Thanos level to destroy them, and planet busting attacks have failed to breach them.

Ronan's weapon is what would give him the win. It has matter and energy manipulation on par with Stormbreaker. His forcefields are strong enough to tank hit's from planet busters. He is a much smarter fighter than Diana, and would never try to fight her h2h. His weapon can do more than enough damage to Diana while the only way Diana is winning is if Ronan decides to fight her h2h.

Gladiator would win simply because he is durable enough to tank her hits and strong enough to KO her.

Nova would win only if he has world mind and the full nova force. If not, he loses. With it, he would be too fast and World Mind would already have a way for him to finish her off before she can think of what to do.

As for why Surfer would beat Superman:
Superman would need to power up for him to even be able to come close to physically hurt Surfer. He would be below planet busting on a normal day, and power up to even come close to that. While he do that, Surfer would have already figured out what he needs to do to beat Superman.

Superman have always been portrayed as a guy that had the potential to greatness but isn't there on a regular day.

1/3 of the Earth?
You know that is astronomically greater than a huge mountain? Most here can't even lift a mountain. So someone that can lift a mountain can't hurt Surfer, Gladiator, or BRB with punches? That's ridiculous.

Diana has no weaknesses other than piercing objects. And she has ftl reflexes against projectiles and energy beams (consistently).

Surfer's is a blaster. How would he easily beat her? Shooting blasts? Bill is a better matchup than Surfer.

Diana has seriously hurt Superman, who is physically greater than Gladiator across the board. That alone proves your statement wrong.

You act as if she is slow. She's a speedster. If she can see light beams slow enough to block them then she can see these characters the same or slower. She has lassoed Zoom. Therefore she shouldn't have a problem lassoing most of these characters.

Diesldude
Jeez, your inability to understand simple English is astounding. I said I couldn't find any instances.

But then I said that he wouldn't need it in the fight because he is too powerful for her to even hurt him.

But I do know instances where he have used it (not in fights), so it's not outside the realm of possibilities that he have used it. But as I said, I couldn't find it, so I am not gonna say he use it in the fight.
and
I give scans when I find them tomorrow.. Jeez, learn to read when I say I give them tomorrow. I need to find the comic they was in, then look up the scans before. I do have a life other than this, which I need to get back to (watching p***)..
Can't fault him when you write like that.

deathslash
She stops at quasar. If by some miracle she makes it past him, bill puts her on her ass.

Zack M
With the fight she had with Damage, she clears.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If this is Nova Prime, she won't make it past Quasar after fighting him. If she somehow manages to pull that off and Wendell has a bad day (The Quantum Bands make this a favorable match-up), she'd stop at Bill.

Originally posted by Zack M
With the fight she had with Damage, she clears.

You mean...fighting a poor Hulk analogue for about an hour and then failing to restrain him in a lasso?

riv6672
That fight was more about Damage having a good showing.

Zack M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
If this is Nova Prime, she won't make it past Quasar after fighting him. If she somehow manages to pull that off and Wendell has a bad day (The Quantum Bands make this a favorable match-up), she'd stop at Bill.

You mean...fighting a poor Hulk analogue for about an hour and then failing to restrain him in a lasso?

Poor hulk with Nth metal inside of him and basically one-shotted the Suicide Squad with an uber lineup, yes.

riv6672
He still needs way more feats before he's used as any kind of bench mark.

Zack M
Originally posted by riv6672
He still needs way more feats before he's used as any kind of bench mark.

He'll get them. In the coming issues, he'll be fighting Swamp Thing, Justice League, etc...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.