Trump Called Putin to Congratulate Putin on the Reelection Win

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
https://apnews.com/5c376ab92d2e470ea0e8f41618c94bce?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Seems this has upset people quite a bit that Trump called Putin to congratulate him on winning a reelection. Trump is seen as a puppet and Russian shill. And calling Putin to congratulate him on the reelection is seen as proof of that.

What did Obama do in 2012 when Putin won?

"President Obama called Russian President-elect and Prime Minister Putin to congratulate him on his recent victory in the Russian Presidential election..."

http://foreignpolicy.com/2012/03/09/obama-congratulates-putin-for-election-win/

Oh...ummm....

Well, this is awkward. hmmm

Robtard
Who cares, it's just standard political practice for the most part. Thought congratulating Putin on his win is overall silly regardless of who is doing it, like there was a scenario where he wouldn't win that rigged race.

Firefly218
Originally posted by dadudemon
https://apnews.com/5c376ab92d2e470ea0e8f41618c94bce?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Seems this has upset people quite a bit that Trump called Putin to congratulate him on winning a reelection. Trump is seen as a puppet and Russian shill. And calling Putin to congratulate him on the reelection is seen as proof of that.

"President Obama called Russian President-elect and Prime Minister Putin to congratulate him on his recent victory in the Russian Presidential election..."

Oh...ummm....

Well, this is awkward. hmmm Good job ignoring context

Surtur
Originally posted by Firefly218
Good job ignoring context

IOW: it was okay when Obama did it, but not okay when Trump does.

Go on bro, give us your shitty explanation as to why.

And to be clear: Russia's recent activity is no excuse. It's not like they haven't been trying to pull similar stuff for a long time, so that as an excuse is gone. Just wanted to nip that in the butt.

Surtur

Oh...ummm....

Well, this is awkward. hmmm

I was hoping he'd do this and love that it triggered people.

Blindside12

Good job citing your "context."

Surtur
Originally posted by Blindside12
Good job citing your "context."

I can all but guarantee he'll whine and say it's different because of what Russia did recently. Guarantee it.

And the excuse won't fly, but it will be used nonetheless.

Blindside12
So when Putin invaded Crimea, and won re election in 2012, Obama called him and congratulate him, whats the difference?

dadudemon

Please educate me. Don't worry. I won't argue.

Surtur

Oh shit time to break out the popcorn...

BackFire

Why lie?

Surtur
Originally posted by BackFire
Why lie?

He's practicing for when he runs for office eventually.

BackFire
God help us all.

Firefly218

Blindside12
How did they attack our democracy? With internet trolls? Bro you are an internet troll. Should we call the CIA? You sit on here all day lying and manipulating people.

Surtur

Blindside12
Hes an unwitting puppet doing Putins bidding, whatever Russia did, unwitting progressives puppets have done more damage in the aftermath then anything they did.

Firefly218

BackFire
Trump was probably already on the phone with him for their nightly phone sex session.

Blindside12

Robtard

Surtur

dadudemon
Why lie?

Anytime I've stated I won't argue, I haven't. I have a clear record of not doing that.

I asked because I wanted his opinion and his take on why I am potentially ignoring context.

Blindside12
Originally posted by Surtur
LMAO! Best reply ever.

Another Trump is hitler comparison, wow, hes really stupid.

Surtur
Anytime I've stated I won't argue, I haven't. I have a clear record of not doing that.

I asked because I wanted his opinion and his take on why I am potentially ignoring context.

Well you see bro it's exactly like Churchill calling Hitler on his birthday. EXACTLY like it.

BackFire

Oh I didn't know. I'll have to have a look at your private "not arguing" record that this website keeps.

dadudemon

I'm serious, Firefly.

Ignore all the other crap.

Indulge my question. Be serious.

Again, I promise I won't argue with you.

If you don't feel comfortable posting your take

on this in front of this forum because of the yahoos

Please feel free to send me a private message and we talk.

(On purpose, every sentence is slightly longer because I like this)

Blindside12

dadudemon
Oh I didn't know. I'll have to have a look at your private "not arguing" record that this website keeps.

*insert clever pun on private, here...because genitals*

Robtard
I'm serious, Firefly.

I assume he means what he already said, that when Obama thanked Putin, Russia wasn't under investigation for interfering or trying to in our election process.

edit: and yeah, the times I recall you saying "I won't argue", you didn't retort

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
I assume he means what he already said, that when Obama thanked Putin, Russia wasn't under investigation for interfering or trying to in our election process.

edit: and yeah, the times I recall you saying "I won't argue", you didn't retort

What year do you feel Russia starting pulling(or attempting to pull) shit like they did in 2016. Did it just begin then?

Surtur
I'm serious, Firefly.

My question is...why wouldn't you argue, if you happen to not agree with him?

lazybones
Firefly has a point. In 2012, Russia was not the menace that it would become in the ensuing years with the Crimea annexation and election meddling, and had just 3 years before jointly agreed to a 'reset' in Russian-American relations.

However, congratulating other nations on their election victories is a common formality, particularly between major powers. As Rob said, it's a pretty stupid move whoever does it because the elections are fraudulent, but it's hardly unprecedented and I wouldn't read too much into it.

Firefly218

Surtur
Originally posted by lazybones
Firefly has a point. In 2012, Russia was not the menace that it would become in the ensuing years with the Crimea annexation and election meddling, and had just 3 years before jointly agreed to a 'reset' in Russian-American relations.

However, congratulating other nations on their election victories is a common formality, particularly between major powers. As Rob said, it's a pretty stupid move whoever does it because the elections are fraudulent, but it's hardly unprecedented and I wouldn't read too much into it.

So we were just unaware, in 2012, about the shit Russians have pulled in the past? Or about anything shady Putin has done?

That's pretty shocking actually, how uninformed was that administration?

But...we've had people squawking about how Russians have been up to this stuff for a while.

Firefly218
LMAO! Best reply ever. Thanks

Firefly218
Another Trump is hitler comparison, wow, hes really stupid. No, in that comparison Trump was Churchill you dolt

Blindside12
You meant that Churchill is Trump and would have called Hitler, how dumb are you to think its comparable?

Robtard
What year do you feel Russia starting pulling(or attempting to pull) shit like they did in 2016. Did it just begin then?

Not sure, but we really didn't hear anything on the matter in 2012. Buy hey, you tried.

Firefly218
You meant that Churchill is Trump and would have called Hitler, how dumb are you to think its comparable? ^^^^

Can't grasp simple analogies, this one

Blindside12
Cept it wasnt even a comparable anology, are we in WW2, is Putin murdering millions of people?

Firefly218
Cept it wasnt even a comparable anology, are we in WW2, is Putin murdering millions of people? It's called "hyperbole for comedic effect" you no-brained bozo

Blindside12
Of coarse, so you hate Trump fro using hyperbole, then do it yourself clown.

Firefly218
Of coarse, so you hate Trump fro using hyperbole, then do it yourself clown. I'M NOT THE PRESIDENT OF AMERICA

Bashar Teg
this other guy from internet f*cked a horse and got away with it, so why can't trump?

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Not sure, but we really didn't hear anything on the matter in 2012. Buy hey, you tried.

We didn't hear what we needed to hear on the matter from Obama during the 2016 election either. This doesn't mean they didn't know what Russia was up to, or the games they have been playing for literally decades.

dadudemon

Firefly218
Okay, thanks.

Would you say I forced a False Equivalence on this?

Or, in another perspective, would you say that I used a strawman on the position and people like you would condemn Obama and Trump for their 2012 and 2016 congratulatory messages to Putin? It's certainly a false equivalence to me. If I were to criticize Obama in 2012, it would have to be for entirely different reasons than criticizing Trump in 2018. Despite their actions being the same, the circumstances have changed radically.

dadudemon
It's certainly a false equivalence to me. If I were to criticize Obama in 2012, it would have to be for entirely different reasons than criticizing Trump in 2018. Despite their actions being the same, the circumstances have changed radically.

Okay, that's fair.

I meant to type 2018, by the way. But I think you understood. thumb up

So, anyway, it looks like we agree on both points.

See, no need to argue. big grin WEEEEE!

Surtur
At the end of the day we still come to the fact that it's asinine for anyone to throw a fit over this.

Blindside12
I'M NOT THE PRESIDENT OF AMERICA

So wait, first Ammendment only applies to you not the president?

dadudemon
At the end of the day we still come to the fact that it's asinine for anyone to throw a fit over this.

Yes, 100% agreed.

It was OK for Obama and it definitely is still OK for Trump.

Blindside12
Obama was democrat so its ok.

Firefly218
Yes, 100% agreed.

It was OK for Obama and it definitely is still OK for Trump. That's certainly an opinion. And btw Trump did so despite warnings from multiple national security advisers and briefing materials that said "DO NOT CONGRATULATE"

It seems there was some political turmoil brewing over Russian attacks on British soil.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-national-security-advisers-warned-him-not-to-congratulate-putin-he-did-it-anyway/2018/03/20/22738ebc-2c68-11e8-8ad6-fbc50284fce8_story.html?__twitter_impression=true&utm_term=.5774f7fd2729

Blindside12
Can you cite which law states "The President of the United States must listen and obey his advisers at all times."

Ready, Set, Go.

Firefly218
Can you cite which law states "The President of the United States must listen and obey his advisers at all times."

Ready, Set, Go. The President can do whatever he wants. But that doesn't mean people can't call him an as@hole

Blindside12
Did you call Obama an ******* when Obama congratulated Putin on his sham election?

Surtur
Did you call Obama an ******* when Obama congratulated Putin on his sham election?

No no you don't get it. Putin wasn't a bad guy at the time. He became one on November 9th 2016.

The election he won with Obama in office? He won that one 100% by the book.

And at the time, Obama had not heard a single rumor about Russia or Putin doing anything super shady.

Beniboybling
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/mar/21/trump-putin-congratulations-election-warning-security-briefing

What a f*cking idiot. laughing out loud

Bashar Teg
national security are deep state cucks too I guess

Beniboybling
I wonder if he has similar memos for not touching big red buttons, or hot irons. sad

Blindside12
XsFR8DbSRQE

What a fool, I guess Obamas advisors told him to be flexible?

Surtur
XsFR8DbSRQE

I just wish there was a "DO NOT USE THE IRS TO TARGET POLITICAL OPPONENTS" memo sent out.

Blindside12
I just wish there was a "DO NOT USE THE IRS TO TARGET POLITICAL OPPONENTS" memo sent out.

There was, its called the US Constitution

0flsg4GMQxQ

He never got that memo.

SquallX
There was, its called the US Constitution

0flsg4GMQxQ

He never got that memo.

I have yet to watch that film.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Beniboybling
I wonder if he has similar memos for not touching big red buttons, or hot irons. sad

i'm sure they baby-proofed everything

dadudemon
XsFR8DbSRQE

I feel that Firefly is correct that there is different context to Obama's situation and Trump's.

Unfortunately, but for different reasons which I conceded to Firefly, if it was not appropriate for Trump, it should not have been appropriate for Obama.

I am in the camp to where I think it was okay for Obama and Trump. It's standard decorum of people holding the office. At least we can pretend the Cold War doesn't exist anymore. Maintain some sort of Cordiality.

Hillary2020

Oh...ummm....

Well, this is awkward. hmmm Proof of collusion! Proof of hacking. Proof of...PROOF!

Jill Stein

Flyattractor
If we only adhere'ed to the Laws of Nature, there would be a lot less wimps on these msg boards.

aka A Lot Less Leftists.

Hildabeast 2020
You're so tough you whine about not getting your way on KMC. laughing out loud

Badasucks1
Phuck you Badabing

Surtur
https://i.imgur.com/UNkIGQx.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.