How Obamacare changed American incomes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218

jaden101
Let's just miss out 30% of the population from the graph because they were - numbers probably because even less than 0.5% change would still show up visually as seen by the middle quintile.

Firefly218
Originally posted by jaden101
Let's just miss out 30% of the population from the graph because they were - numbers probably because even less than 0.5% change would still show up visually as seen by the middle quintile. It's a barebones graph to illustrate ACA's affect on the poor

jaden101
Nah. It's trying to mislead by missing out 20% of the population under the assertion that the impact on them is so negligible it would barely show up on the graph.

That sets alarm bells ringing.

Without even knowing the data I would be willing to bet that it was a negative effect on them and given that you don't have to be super rich to fall into that percentile then it wouldn't be looked on favourably. The only reason the top 1% is shown is because **** those money grabbing assholes. No one would be sympathetic to them losing their money. Small business owners or self employed tradesmen on the other hand. They could easily fall into the missing income brackets.

Firefly218
Originally posted by jaden101
Nah. It's trying to mislead by missing out 20% of the population under the assertion that the impact on them is so negligible it would barely show up on the graph.

That sets alarm bells ringing.

Without even knowing the data I would be willing to bet that it was a negative effect on them and given that you don't have to be super rich to fall into that percentile then it wouldn't be looked on favourably. The only reason the top 1% is shown is because **** those money grabbing assholes. No one would be sympathetic to them losing their money. Small business owners or self employed tradesmen on the other hand. They could easily fall into the missing income brackets. Ok fair point. But even if it does effect that 20% segment of the population negatively, it does so to a less significant degree than it helps the poor.

dadudemon
Great thread.

As I've said, Obamacare needed to be a true Universal Healthcare option. Imagine that chart if we had UHC? Imagine how much productivity we'd get out of our poor and working class Americans if they could get healthcare for free?

I want my employees productive, active, and healthy. When they are healthy, work gets done. They are happier. We make more money. It's quite simple. I need UHC to better run the business. no expression

snowdragon
Originally posted by dadudemon
Great thread.

As I've said, Obamacare needed to be a true Universal Healthcare option. Imagine that chart if we had UHC? Imagine how much productivity we'd get out of our poor and working class Americans if they could get healthcare for free?

I want my employees productive, active, and healthy. When they are healthy, work gets done. They are happier. We make more money. It's quite simple. I need UHC to better run the business. no expression

I agree I was very opposed to Obamacare and the mechanisms they were going to put in place and the language they used to sell it.

Republicans need a paradigm shift in how they view the economy if you want a more productive economy you take care of the people that produce the goods and services.

When the people that are producing the goods and services are constantly struggling to take care of their families and looking at their budgets deciding if they can afford to pay for an illness/injury or keep food on the table or get new tires on the car, you have a problem.

We would do better to put a focus on production/GDP by taking care of our citizens and not corporations and wall street.

Hillary2020
Single payer health care is moral. Look how the ACA lowered costs and made health care more available. It's not like the Communists and Nazis took over health care as one of their first actions. smile

Jill Stein
Healthcare is not something that needs to exist at all. When I get sick I simply rub dirt and leaves on my naked body. It has never failed.

Flyattractor
Sound Medical Advice from Dr. KooKooMachoo!

Jill Stein

Flyattractor
So that is what attracted you to this then?

Hildabeast 2020
She's a doctor. The thread is about Obamacare. Do the math idiot. laughing out loud

Badasucks1
Phuck you Badabing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.