I may have to go away for a while

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darkstorm Zero
I don't know where else to put this in a place people would see it that I communicate with regularly, but... Yeah.

My uncle, Dennis, has gone into a coma. He had a fall a few days ago, apparently caused by an old ulcer in his throat that ruptured, and caused him to go into shock. He was ambulanced off to the local hospital where he lives, and he's had three operations for the internal bleeding. After the third one however... he's cone into a comatose state...

Now, my own health problems notwithstanding, but because of them I can't go visit him... I'm simply too weak to make that trip (He's in a different part of Victoria from me) and I do not know what else I can do...

Silent Master
Damn, sorry to hear that. I hope he gets better soon.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Silent Master
Damn, sorry to hear that. I hope he gets better soon.

Thanks.

Firefly218
Good luck dude, I wish you the best

SquallX

Blindside12
Best to you and your family through this hard time.

Darkstorm Zero
Thanks guys.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I don't know where else to put this in a place people would see it that I communicate with regularly, but... Yeah.

My uncle, Dennis, has gone into a coma. He had a fall a few days ago, apparently caused by an old ulcer in his throat that ruptured, and caused him to go into shock. He was ambulanced off to the local hospital where he lives, and he's had three operations for the internal bleeding. After the third one however... he's cone into a comatose state...

Now, my own health problems notwithstanding, but because of them I can't go visit him... I'm simply too weak to make that trip (He's in a different part of Victoria from me) and I do not know what else I can do...

Sorry this happened.

He should not be in a coma unless there was brain damage from blood loss (which results in cerebral hypoxia). Unless they artificially induced a coma. Do you know any details around the coma?

Robtard
Sorry to hear that. Hope it turns out best for the both of you.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by dadudemon
Sorry this happened.

He should not be in a coma unless there was brain damage from blood loss (which results in cerebral hypoxia). Unless they artificially induced a coma. Do you know any details around the coma?

Unfortunately, I do not. My cousin - his daughter - wasn't in the best frame of mind to explain it when she called...

He's been getting transfusions since the internal bleeding was detected, but yeah... it may be induced.

socool8520
I wish you and your family the best.

Mindship
My sympathies and hopes for the best are with you and your family.

Darkstorm Zero
Better news, they took him off the breathing tube, and he's breathing ok on his own, so they are going to try and bring him out of the induced coma later tonight or tomorrow.

Silent Master
That's great news.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Silent Master
That's great news.

Yeah. I'll be relieved once he's out of it and out of the ICU, but at this point any good news is a relief.

Putinbot1
My thoughts are with you mate.

TheVaultDweller

I wish you and your uncle all the best, and hopefully this last update you mentioned is just the first step in an overall turn for the better.

cdtm
Thoughts and prayers to your uncle and you.

I hope he recovers, modern medicine today can perform miracles (My own sister survived an aneurysm, so I've seen first hand how good they can be.)

Darkstorm Zero
thanks guys

dadudemon
Better news, they took him off the breathing tube, and he's breathing ok on his own, so they are going to try and bring him out of the induced coma later tonight or tomorrow.

Oh, nice. So it is as I suspected: artificially induced coma. Which, in a case like this, is generally much better than the alternative.

This is very good news.

As you can see from this thread - despite how many of us, especially me, are asshats and jerks - we still set aside our petty bullshit and bring care and love with us. We are not all bad people...just passionate about our ideas and positions.

lazybones
I hope your uncle recovers and I wish you all the best.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.