Darth Tyranus vs. the B Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
Count Dooku vs. Kit Fisto, Saesee Tinn and Agen Kolar

Haschwalth
Team Diff fight.

Ursumeles
Siding with the Team.

Kurk
Team in canon, Dooku in legends

LordOfTheLight
Dooku, all rounds.

Deronn_solo
Team.

Total Warrior
I would favour Tyranus tbh

AncientPower
Team was literally designed to defeat him.

Kurk
Dooku is tier 8, Mace is tier 8

Fisto is tier 7 and lasted the longest against Sidious
Agen and Tiin are likely low 7's maybe even bordering 6.

Kenobi in AotC was a 7 and Dooku merked him.

Dooku can take this smile

DarthSkywalker0

JMANGO
Still scraping accolades from bottom of the barrel sources i see.

DarthSkywalker0

Kurk
Also:

RotS script states that Sidious was about to succumb to Yoda in their saber duel.

Both Sidious and Dooku lasted about the same time against Yoda in sabers before they resorted to different means.

But Sidious>>>>>B-team

So:

Yoda>Sidious>=Dooku>>>B-team

smile

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Kurk
Both Sidious and Dooku lasted about the same time against Yoda in sabers before they resorted to different means.

The troll logic aside, I feel obligated to point out Sidious and Yoda duel for two times as long as Dooku and Yoda (approx. one minute vs thirty seconds).

DarthSkywalker0

Kurk
Nah I'm getting appx 30 secs for both of them. I start counting once the Chancellor's stage starts to rise as this is when they actually start fighting furiously. Dooku and Yoda hit at full force; whereas Yoda and Sheev go into it slowly if you will.

DarthAnt66
Nah I'm getting appx 30 secs for both of them. I start counting once the Chancellor's stage starts to rise as this is when they actually start fighting furiously. Dooku and Yoda hit at full force; whereas Yoda and Sheev go into it slowly if you will.
Half of the Sidious/Yoda duel if off-screen. They start dueling, cuts to Anakin and Kenobi, then cuts back for the thirty seconds.

Kurk
@DSO

No doubt Yoda is Dooku's superior, but he also superior to Palpatine.

YODA unleashes a ferocious assault on PALPATINE, causing him to almost go over the edge. The Dark Lord drops his lightsaber but recovers with a BLAST OF ENERGY from his hands that surrounds YODA.

But even before this Sheev was trying to escape from Yoda:

PALPATINE seeks refuge in the vast Senate Chamber. He gets into the Chancellor's Podium and it starts to rise up into the Arena. YODA makes a giant leap into the control pod. The sword fighting is intense in the confined space.

Dooku ran away from Yoda, so did Sheev. The difference is that Sheev was able to resort to his force abilities when he realized he was the inferior duelist while Dooku couldn't.

@ANT

How do we know how much was off-screen?

DarthAnt66
@ANT

How do we know how much was off-screen?

It's reasonable to assume they fought during the off-screen time and didn't stare at each other.

Kurk
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
It's reasonable to assume they fought during the off-screen time and didn't stare at each other.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/210/119/9b3.png

The question was about gauging the length of time fought off-screen, not if they did.

DarthAnt66
The question was about gauging the length of time fought off-screen, not if they did.

What?

Obviously it would be the time between the scene cut of Sidious snarling and the next scene cut of Yoda and Sidious jumping on the pod.

Kurk
You don't think that Sidious's snarling was an indicator of Yoda "almost pushing him off the edge" like the transcript says?

He certainly doesn't seem to be enjoying himself there smile

Kurk
And I would greatly appreciate if you respond to the PM I sent. I will not be offended. I only wish to understand.

DarthAnt66
Does that have anything to do with what I was saying?

Anyway, I really can't tell if you're jobbing or not with this Dooku nonsense.

Kurk
What's nonsensical? Yoda>Sidious>=Dooku>>>B-team.

Sidious is closer to Dooku as a duelist than he is to Yoda (omitting Gilliard).

DarthSkywalker0
What's nonsensical? Yoda>Sidious>=Dooku>>>B-team.

I assume the list posted only applies to dueling as it is clearly evident based on TCW, that Sidous far outstrips Dooku in the Force. Sidious is also a superior duelist, but that is another can of worms.

DarthAnt66

Omitting *Lucas, you mean?

Anyway, it's stated many times over dueling Sidious was far more challenging than dueling Dooku.

Here's two I found off-the-cuff:

https://i.imgur.com/u4DFpha.png https://i.imgur.com/w2VqZWH.png

It's also stated Yoda vs Dooku was a "warm-up" for Yoda relative to vs Sidious, etc.

It's really not even up for debate.

We can also look into the substance of their fights, and well, kek . . .

Kurk
Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
I assume the list posted only applies to dueling as it is clearly evident based on TCW, that Sidous far outstrips Dooku in the Force. Sidious is also a superior duelist, but that is another can of worms. Oh yeah; I'm only looking at their saber prowess.

Anyway, it's stated many times over dueling Sidious was far more challenging than dueling Dooku.

It's also stated Yoda vs Dooku was a "warm-up" for Yoda relative to vs Sidious, etc.

Citation needed.

Does that make sense? Yoda needing to retreat when it was clearly Sheev who was as seen in the movie transcript?

I'd imagine that fighting Sidious, someone who relies on raw emotions and aggressive fighting far more than a calm, collected, and graceful Dooku, would be a different experience for Yoda

DarthAnt66
>

Of what?

>

Uh, it says right there why it's a different experience - Yoda was almost overwhelmed. Don't play dumb with me.

---

Simply compare their fights:

The primary sources either depict Yoda outright annihlating Dooku or Yoda immediately putting Dooku on the defensive. Even in the latter case, it's a heavily one-sided battle. Dooku's offensive is utterly incapable of doing anything, for Yoda handles it without even budging an inch, then later moves so fast Dooku has difficulty even landing an attack. That's your best source scenario too, since others have Dooku outright gasping in awe over Yoda's swordsmanship.

Meanwhile, Sidious and Yoda exchange blows as equals for twice the time of Yoda and Dooku's entire fight. Sidious is not just able to handle Yoda's offensive until the final moments, but dish one out in return that threatened to overwhelm and kill Yoda. The fact Sidious was disarmed doesn't change his contention and can easily be attributed to Yoda's inherent advantage of fighting in a closed space where he's even able to stand eye-to-eye with Sidious.

Kurk
Cite your sources

DarthAnt66
Harrison posted them on the last page. erm

JMANGO
@DarthSkywanker0

Not definitive nor in date. How the shit can one expect an accurate comparison of the characters from an out of universe source when most of their action has yet to be written. Nothing to say other than cool 2002 accolade bro. I have an updated one:

Now this is the kicker, wether Mace or Dooku were actually equals or not is unknown. The "perhaps" in the quote, especially considering the above statement from the Power of the Jedi, that Mace might be on par with Dooku on equal ground. Yet, the alternate is not that Mace could be more powerful, but instead that he might be less powerful.

He's might be more "skilled", from what ever limited narrative the ROTS novel is written in. Which can indeed make sense when isolate skill from force augmentation. The latter being more important in a fight.

Bring them forth.

Freedon Nadd

Sidious was more challenging because he often employed Force powers in their duel.
I am starting to doubt of your 'debate' skills. sad

DarthAnt66
That's no where stated nor implied in those quotes (nor any source) as the reason of Yoda's difficulty.

DarthSkywalker0
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Sidious was more challenging because he often employed Force powers in their duel.
I am starting to doubt of your 'debate' skills. sad

Freedumb Nadd

Kurk
That's no where stated nor implied in those quotes (nor any source) as the reason of Yoda's difficulty. So tell me where those images came from, and then explain why Yoda would be fearful for his life when Sidious was on the losing end the entire time as per the transcript.

Then explain to me how Sidious's "hated and fury" has anything to do with his prowess as a lightsaber duelist.

Nephthys
Is everyone just forgetting that Dooku was beaten by an injured Yoda on a darkside nexus? He is not his equal.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
Freedumb Nadd

What is it, Cockpitsucker?

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Nephthys
Is everyone just forgetting that Dooku was beaten by an injured Yoda on a darkside nexus? He is not his equal.

Geonosis? Or you mean the duel on Vjun?

Nephthys
Vjun.

Freedon Nadd
That's no where stated nor implied in those quotes (nor any source) as the reason of Yoda's difficulty.

Those two sources are stupid. In the left it says Yoda's mood equaled Palp's mood. And in the right it says Palp's mood>Yoda's mood. laughing out loud

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Nephthys
Vjun.

Did Dooku really want to kill Yoda, though? I swear he never had any intention in killing Jedi(personally) That's why he didn't slash Yoda back on Geonosis when Yoda was busy helping Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Rebel95
up

McP
"Yoda>Sidious>=Dooku>>>B-team"

Perhaps in a pure "skill", Dooku could be nearly equal to Yoda and Sidious, possibly Sidious' true equal or marginally superior.
But it's only a technical skill. Ant's statement as accurate, even with all of his skill, that matters in single combat, even against stronger enemy, Dooku was far froim being equal to Yoda nad Sidious in raw-power, speed and stamina. Dooku, Mace are below Yoda or Sidious. Either of them has never shown a capability to overhelm three Jedi Council members level at once, like Sidious did in ROTS and Yoda did in Shadow Hunter against Tiin, Koon and... was it Billaba, as I remember?

One tier difference might enable you to compete with stronger rival. That's why Dooku and Mace were able to compete with Yoda or Sidious, and that's why Fisto, Tiin or Bulq were able to compete with Dooku or Mace, but couldn't with Palpatine and Yoda.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.