Street-level Strength Rankings (MCU/Fox)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nibedicus
Rank from strongest to weakest.

Spiderman
Luke Cage
Wolverine (in his prime)
Jessica Jones
Alisa Jones
Black Panther
Winter Soldier
Lady Deathstrike
Beast (in his prime)
Kingpin
Captain America
Deadpool
Ajax

Flyattractor
Wasn't Ajax's thing just that He couldn't feel pain? Cause he was a crap villain.

TheVaultDweller
Hmmm... Interesting list. Right off the bat, I'd put Spidey in first and Kingpin in last. But would need some time to ponder the rest. Beast and Alisa Jones would probably also be towards the upper end of this list, and the likes of Deadpool and Ajax towards the bottom.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Wasn't Ajax's thing just that He couldn't feel pain? Cause he was a crap villain.

The explanation for his powers and what we actually see didn't add up. He claimed he had deadened nerves and enhanced reflexes. But he was strong enough to casually lift a fully grown man off his feet and hold him in the air, without any apparent effort, bend a piece of metal rebar, and send Deadpool flying around with some of his hits. And he survived things that would have killed a human, deadened nerves or not.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Rank from strongest to weakest.

Spiderman
Luke Cage
Wolverine (in his prime)
Jessica Jones
Alisa Jones
Black Panther
Winter Soldier
Lady Deathstrike
Beast (in his prime)
Kingpin
Captain America
Deadpool
Ajax

Most of the ones you mentioned here fall under the "Super human" category.

Based on the movies:

1. Spider Man
2. Captain America

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Most of the ones you mentioned here fall under the "Super human" category.

Based on the movies:

1. Spider Man
2. Captain America

Well, yeah. They are superhuman. stick out tongue

Where would you put the rest?

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Well, yeah. They are superhuman. stick out tongue

Where would you put the rest?

IDK. The list is pretty tight afterwards.

Cage, would be a contender for #3 spot along with beast and Jessica.

Idk about T'Challa, 4th or 5th place.

The rest would fall under 10 tonners.

FrothByte
Spiderman
Luke Cage
Beast / Captain America
BP
WS
JJ
Deathstrike
Ajax/Wolverine
DP
Kingpin

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by FrothByte
Spiderman
Luke Cage
Beast / Captain America
BP
WS
JJ
Deathstrike
Ajax/Wolverine
DP
Kingpin

doh

TheVaultDweller
I'd put Beast above either Luke or Steve. I have never seen either of them toss a car like 50 feet, or throw someone all the way to the top of a multi-storey building from the ground below.

Hard to rank some though. Alisa Jones is implied to be very strong (according to Jessica, multiple times her own strength), but that show was so light on action, it's hard to pinpoint where she sits. The most notable feat was when she and Jessica stopped a bus together. One thing with Alisa is that if we take her leaping feats as strength feats, then she is insanely strong, as she was able to seemingly make leaps up to the roofs of buildings, several floors up, from the street below.

Nibedicus

FrothByte
It's always tricky to rate JJ's strength because she's so inconsistent. In one scene she's throwing a human body hundreds of feet away and in the next she falls on her ass because a cripple with a baton hits her legs. In S2 she dislocates a man's shoulder with a casual shove but in S1 she gets in a bar brawl and none of her opponents seem to get any serious injuries.

The way I see it is that she's actually stronger than Cap but because she lacks the training and skill it makes her inconsistent. Like a baby who sometimes can walk and sometimes crawls. She seems stronger with casual feats like easily breaking chains and locks but she doesn't have the high-end feats like Cap does and isn't as consistent in using her strength.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I'd put Beast above either Luke or Steve. I have never seen either of them toss a car like 50 feet, or throw someone all the way to the top of a multi-storey building from the ground below.

Hard to rank some though. Alisa Jones is implied to be very strong (according to Jessica, multiple times her own strength), but that show was so light on action, it's hard to pinpoint where she sits. The most notable feat was when she and Jessica stopped a bus together. One thing with Alisa is that if we take her leaping feats as strength feats, then she is insanely strong, as she was able to seemingly make leaps up to the roofs of buildings, several floors up, from the street below.

Fair point about Beast. I rewatched his feats and have to agree with you.

TheVaultDweller
Regarding Alisa vs Luke.

Honestly, going by their performances against Jessica, Alisa might very well be stronger. Luke seemed to edge Jessica during the few instances where they matched strength in anger, but she could still offer some resistance. Whenever she tussled with her mother, she got manhandled pretty casually.

TheVaultDweller
It's always tricky to rate JJ's strength because she's so inconsistent. In one scene she's throwing a human body hundreds of feet away and in the next she falls on her ass because a cripple with a baton hits her legs. In S2 she dislocates a man's shoulder with a casual shove but in S1 she gets in a bar brawl and none of her opponents seem to get any serious injuries.

The way I see it is that she's actually stronger than Cap but because she lacks the training and skill it makes her inconsistent. Like a baby who sometimes can walk and sometimes crawls. She seems stronger with casual feats like easily breaking chains and locks but she doesn't have the high-end feats like Cap does and isn't as consistent in using her strength.

With Jessica, I think it's also a thing of anger/level of restraint. People get hurt easier when she is more angry. In S1, most people were being mind-controlled by Kilgrave, so they were also victims, hence more holding back. But in S2, when she hurt Pryce Cheng she was furious at him for trying to steal her clients. When Trish did what she did at the end of the series, a hard shove from Jessica banged her up enough that she limped and staggered away. We've seen a pissed off Jessica punch a hole in a concrete wall (granted, she did bloody her knuckles some), or squash a steel chair like it was a soda can. So, we know she can exert a frighteningly large amount of force when she wants to.

Another thing to consider is her mindset. Most of the time (when she isn't in super rage mode at least) she is terrified of the idea of actually killing someone, because of what it would mean about her. We see this at multiple points in S2.

Rebel95
Spiderman
Luke Cage
Beast / Captain America
BP
WS
JJ
Deathstrike
Ajax/Wolverine
DP
Kingpin
Why is wolverine so low?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Rebel95
Why is wolverine so low?

Because he is not as strong as the other guys on the list. I mean, where would you put him?

Silent Master

FrothByte
Ok so I've finally finished S2 of JJ and here's my updated list:

Spiderman
Beast
Alisa Jones
Luke Cage
Captain America / Jessica Jones
BP
WS
Deathstrike
Ajax/Wolverine
DP
Kingpin

I'm still a bit iffy about Cap and JJ. JJ seems like she should be stronger but Cap has better high-end feats. I'm willing to be persuaded either way. I'm also thinking DP and Kingpin might be very close to each other's strength level.

TheVaultDweller
Deadpool is likely getting better strength feats in his new film though. For example, during the first teaser, there is a sequence where it looks like he shoulder slams a car hard enough to move it.

Now, admittedly, it might just be a case of them cutting the sequence in that manner to trick us, so will have to wait until the film drops to know for sure. But what do you think? It's at around 1:34-1:35 here:

8-Cjsnq8kVU

Nevan
Weren't Deadpool and Ajax on par with each other strength wise?

Spiderman
Beast
Alisa Jones
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
BP/Cap
WS
Deathstrike
Ajax/Wolverine/DP
Kingpin

I put Jessica above Cap because of how casually she can bend steel, while the super soldiers generally struggle to do it.

High end Cap does have feats on par with her and IW may put him clearly above her, so I can see the argument going either way.

$on OF krypton
spiderman
captain america
blackpanther
alisa jones
jessica jones
winter soldier
wolverine
beast
luke cage
deathstrike
ajax
kingpin
i GREATLY stand to be corrected

FrothByte
Originally posted by Nevan
Weren't Deadpool and Ajax on par with each other strength wise?

Spiderman
Beast
Alisa Jones
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
BP/Cap
WS
Deathstrike
Ajax/Wolverine/DP
Kingpin

I put Jessica above Cap because of how casually she can bend steel, while the super soldiers generally struggle to do it.

High end Cap does have feats on par with her and IW may put him clearly above her, so I can see the argument going either way.

Pretty similar to my list.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by $on OF krypton
spiderman
captain america
blackpanther
alisa jones
jessica jones
winter soldier
wolverine
beast
luke cage
deathstrike
ajax
kingpin

thumb up

FrothByte
spiderman
captain america
blackpanther
alisa jones
jessica jones
winter soldier
wolverine
beast
luke cage
deathstrike
ajax
kingpin

I'm curious why you'd put Wolverine over Luke Cage?

KingD19
Same reason Beast is under Cap and so many people he's stronger than.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by KingD19
Same reason Beast is under Cap and so many people he's stronger than.

Beast above Cap? laughing out loud

KingD19
Beast above Cap? laughing out loud

Yeah. Easily. Remember when he picked up a car and threw it like a toy? And when he threw a person from ground level to the top of a multi-story building?

Show me Cap doing that. Until then, Beast is stronger.

Josh_Alexander
Yeah. Easily. Remember when he picked up a car and threw it like a toy? And when he threw a person from ground level to the top of a multi-story building?

Show me Cap doing that. Until then, Beast is stronger.

A car weighing no more than 5 tons, whilst cap have feats that easily surpass that.

Beast has no feats to put him even near Cap's level.

Beast lies arround Black Panther's level or slightly above him.

KingD19
What feats? Kindly post a video and state what he's doing and why it's more impressive than flinging a car like an afterthought and sending it flying into the sky?

Because I've seen every movie involving Cap, and none of his feats come near that.

Josh_Alexander
What feats? Kindly post a video and state what he's doing and why it's more impressive than flinging a car like an afterthought and sending it flying into the sky?

Because I've seen every movie involving Cap, and none of his feats come near that.

Captain America is a known 60+ tonner in current continuity. He has had several feats that easily put him there.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=468s&v=eKucyFap_KE

A video showing Caps strength feats and background research on his strength.

Cap in this thread is only surpassed by Spidey.

Also, after seeing the Infinity War #2 trailer it could be debated Cap》Spidey. But lets wait for the actual movie.

h1a8
A car weighing no more than 5 tons, whilst cap have feats that easily surpass that.

Beast has no feats to put him even near Cap's level.

Beast lies arround Black Panther's level or slightly above him.

Prove that Cap has feats above 5 tons.

h1a8
There is no way in hell wolverine should be above Luke Cage

FrothByte
Captain America is a known 60+ tonner in current continuity. He has had several feats that easily put him there.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=468s&v=eKucyFap_KE

A video showing Caps strength feats and background research on his strength.

Cap in this thread is only surpassed by Spidey.

Also, after seeing the Infinity War #2 trailer it could be debated Cap》Spidey. But lets wait for the actual movie.

So what you're saying is that Cap can easily catch a thrown car and casually chuck it away?

Or that he can shoulder bash an oncoming SUV and stop it dead in its tracks?

h1a8

Josh_Alexander

h1a8
Whattttt!!!!?????? Boy, the feats contradict you.

1. He lift it up. Regardless of the height, he was able to lift it up a 30 ton beam. Your argument proves nothing.

2. The coach? What the hell!? Deadlock was moving a 52ton bulldozer and admitted that Cap would do it better. Which is logical when we consider that the SSS》Centepede.

3. The Shield ainf Sharp boy. It's a dull edge shield. You comparing Wolverine Claws to Caps Shield!???? Wow.

Cap》Beast. Feats prove it.

According to the feats given previously he can.

I agree.

1. You don't understand basic physics. Much of the beam was still on the ground. That means the ground was still exerting a normal force to the beam. Imagine lifting one end of a couch a couple of feet, while the other end is still on the floor. It takes a fraction of the entire weight in force to lift one end a couple of feet. Plus this is a deadlift. Usually people can overhead lift less than half of the weight they can deadlift with. My argument is strength must translate to what you can lift over your head.

2. The coach appears to be lying in order to motivate him. We never seen Cap do it. Thus it does not count as a feat.

3. We don't know how sharp the shield is. We don't know Tony's average durability in that film. Real science does not apply to the established rule that Marvel set about more durable objects cutting through less durable objects regardless of strength. So to support that feat, you must rebut all 3 of these points. Rebutting 1 of them isn't enough.

StiltmanFTW
Captain America is a known 60+ tonner in current continuity.

sam

$on OF krypton
spiderman
captain america
alisa jones
jessica jones
lukecage
beast
blackpanther
wintersoldier
wolverine
deathstrike
ajax
kingpin

KingD19
spiderman
captain america
alisa jones
jessica jones
lukecage
beast
blackpanther
wintersoldier
wolverine
deathstrike
ajax
kingpin

This is still incredibly wrong.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by h1a8
1. You don't understand basic physics. Much of the beam was still on the ground. That means the ground was still exerting a normal force to the beam. Imagine lifting one end of a couch a couple of feet, while the other end is still on the floor. It takes a fraction of the entire weight in force to lift one end a couple of feet. Plus this is a deadlift. Usually people can overhead lift less than half of the weight they can deadlift with. My argument is strength must translate to what you can lift over your head.

2. The coach appears to be lying in order to motivate him. We never seen Cap do it. Thus it does not count as a feat.

3. We don't know how sharp the shield is. We don't know Tony's average durability in that film. Real science does not apply to the established rule that Marvel set about more durable objects cutting through less durable objects regardless of strength. So to support that feat, you must rebut all 3 of these points. Rebutting 1 of them isn't enough.

laughing out loud

1. Do you understand the concept of Gravity and its relationship with objects? The beam weights 30 tons, which means you require 30K newtons of force to raise it against gravity. Aint like you can raise it with less strength. Your argument makes no sense my friend.

2. The statement is plain clear to mention Cap moving a 58+Ton Bulldozer better. There is no evidence to contradict such statement therefore it is valid.

3.The shield aint sharp boy. Isnt like the shield cuts people in half each time Cap strikes them with it.

We are talking about the suit not Tony. The suit is made of Gold Titanium Alloy. The tensile strength of such material is of 850MPa. The feat is plain clear.

Conclusion: Cap has much better strength feats than Beast. You have no solid evidence to neutralize the feats given previously H1.

Dont worry however. You aint the first person to underestimate Cap.

FrothByte
laughing out loud

1. Do you understand the concept of Gravity and its relationship with objects? The beam weights 30 tons, which means you require 30K newtons of force to raise it against gravity. Aint like you can raise it with less strength. Your argument makes no sense my friend.

2. The statement is plain clear to mention Cap moving a 58+Ton Bulldozer better. There is no evidence to contradict such statement therefore it is valid.

3.The shield aint sharp boy. Isnt like the shield cuts people in half each time Cap strikes them with it.

We are talking about the suit not Tony. The suit is made of Gold Titanium Alloy. The tensile strength of such material is of 850MPa. The feat is plain clear.

Conclusion: Cap has much better strength feats than Beast. You have no solid evidence to neutralize the feats given previously H1.

Dont worry however. You aint the first person to underestimate Cap.

1. Lifting part of the beam does not mean you lift it's entire weight. That's why you're only lifting "part of it". Anyone with even a bit of common sense knows this.

2. Pushing a an object is not the same thing as lifting it. Pushing a 58 ton bulldozer doesn't mean you can lift a 58 ton bulldozer.

3. Sharpness is relative. Cap's shield is not as sharp as a knife but it is sharper than a blunt sword. As long as it's thin enough, it can cut through object when enough force is applied to it. Cap's shield is able to cut through cement and steel.

Josh_Alexander
1. Lifting part of the beam does not mean you lift it's entire weight. That's why you're only lifting "part of it". Anyone with even a bit of common sense knows this.

2. Pushing a an object is not the same thing as lifting it. Pushing a 58 ton bulldozer doesn't mean you can lift a 58 ton bulldozer.

3. Sharpness is relative. Cap's shield is not as sharp as a knife but it is sharper than a blunt sword. As long as it's thin enough, it can cut through object when enough force is applied to it. Cap's shield is able to cut through cement and steel.

1. Except he aint lifting part of the beam, he is lifting the beam! Even if for only centimeters high, Cap lifted it. Even if a part of the beam was touching the ground, most of the beam was elevated. Hell as sure thats more force and weight that the SUV.

2. WTF!? Thats an invalid argument right there. Boy the bulldozer was being dragged! We even see the ground beneath getting destroyed in the process, which means that it was 58 tons plus the friction of the ground! It only makes the feat more impressive.

What makes you think he cant lift it? Aint like lifting requires more strength than dragging. Specially when considering that the ground is putting resistance in the process.

3. Invalid. The object aint sharp enough to make a valid point. Again, we dont see people being sliced in half when Cap strikes them with it. The point is that the Shield's edge doesnt really aid in the feat.

Josh_Alexander
The point here is boys Cap》Beast. All you are doing is trying to devalue the feats, and with no real evidence.

Cap easily oscillates beyond 30 tons whereas Beast highest feat is a 5ton SUV. Please!

h1a8

h1a8

Josh_Alexander

Josh_Alexander

Josh_Alexander
Youve failed in every aspect. Devaluing Cap's feats doesnt make Beast even HALF as strong as Cap.

Those feats overwhelm anything Beast has done and yiu can cry about it as much as you want

EDIT: you

Josh_Alexander

Rebel95
Because he is not as strong as the other guys on the list. I mean, where would you put him?
Oh, is this ranking them strictly by strength? I was thinking it was ranking them as combatants, like who would win in a fight

TheVaultDweller
Problem with Logan is he is massively inconsistent. His stats and skill fluctuate a lot. Hell, forget different movies. It sometimes fluctuates across the same fight scene. Like the mansion attack from X2. In one shot, he has trouble outmuscling a guy trying to stab him with a combat knife. Later, during the same fight scene, he is strong enough to flick a pair of guys a couple of feet into the air (one arm each) without much problem.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.