Gladiator VERSUS Wonder Woman(TO THE DEATH)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Gladiator

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/5e/d9/66/5ed9667956f1f17e35a733acc99e4531.jpg

VERSUS

Wonder Woman

http://i1.wp.com/www.comicsblend.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/WW-usa.jpg

TO THE DEATH!!!!

$on OF krypton
wonderwoman

tkitna
Take away the lasso and Glads beats her ass. With the lasso Diana prevails.

Philosophía
Diana kills him rather easily.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by tkitna
Take away the lasso and Glads beats her ass. With the lasso Diana prevails.

It all comes down to the lasso?

Enzeru
Wonder Woman right now is fighting for her life after being hit by a bullet from a AK-47.
Gladiator pierces his hand through her chest and it's over.

tkitna
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
It all comes down to the lasso?

I believe so. The lasso gives her a way to win. Without it, Glads smacks her down. Pretty simple.

LordofBrooklyn
I believe so. The lasso gives her a way to win. Without it, Glads smacks her down. Pretty simple.

This characterizes it as essentially a STOMP for Kallark with Diana escaping through the lasso. It didn't appear like that with your prior statement.

MrMind
Originally posted by Enzeru
Wonder Woman right now is fighting for her life after being hit by a bullet from a AK-47.
Gladiator pierces his hand through her chest and it's over.
you wanna talk about low feats?

Gladiator got owned by gambit and corsair, got hurt by deathbird, Colossus , Cannonball and freaking captain america have given him a good fight.

tkitna
This characterizes it as essentially a STOMP for Kallark with Diana escaping through the lasso. It didn't appear like that with your prior statement.

Its no stomp, but I feel Gladiator would beat her in a H2H fight with no weapons. Hard fought win, but win nontheless.

Damborgson
That Ssword pretty much kills any chance Gladiator has to win

TheHulkster

Stoic

darthgoober
Originally posted by MrMind
you wanna talk about low feats?

Gladiator got owned by gambit and corsair, got hurt by deathbird, Colossus , Cannonball and freaking captain america have given him a good fight.
When did Captain America give him a good fight?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Curious as well.

He beat the shit out of Colossus and Cannonball....

I would like to see the Deathbird showing. The Corsair and Gambit fight are low showings but they happened under the same writer and could be asterisked by weariness and surprise.

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Curious as well.

He beat the shit out of Colossus and Cannonball....

I would like to see the Deathbird showing. The Corsair and Gambit fight are low showings but they happened under the same writer and could be asterisked by weariness and surprise.

Stop lying. He didn't beat the shit outta Colossus. After the first sucker punch, they were trading blows and not yielding even an inch to each other. It was the structure collapse that decided the fight. They were fighting on equal terms according to the narration before that.

panthergod
Gladiator specifically couldn't beat Collossus. They were evenly matched.

Philosophía
Originally posted by h1a8
Stop lying. He didn't beat the shit outta Colossus. After the first sucker punch, they were trading blows and not yielding even an inch to each other. It was the structure collapse that decided the fight. They were fighting on equal terms according to the narration before that. Originally posted by panthergod
Gladiator specifically couldn't beat Collossus. They were evenly matched. What we here here is an opportunity to dissect a Thorbag's small brain.

First we look at what he said:

He beat the shit out of Colossus

Now we look at how the fight went:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/24/86/6c/24866c4543b21046f365f7f0591e58e6.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/72524/6087286-6836982580-25139.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/72524/6087287-8101747499-25139.jpg

Then we weep.

tkitna
The building collapsed and ko'd Colossus before Gladiator did. Thats all those scans depict.

DarkSaint85
So a falling building is explicitly more powerful than Glads.....

Zack M
Wonder Woman rather easily. She's been beastly since she became the God of War.

MrMind
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

gladiator did lift the baxter building, so he has comparable strength to wonder woman who pulled part of the earth laughing

Enzeru

gladiator did lift the baxter building, so he has comparable strength to wonder woman who pulled part of the earth laughing

Gladiator also punched a planet apart, while Wonder Woman never even came close to a feat like that. Gladiator has to punch her once for real and her jaw is gone.

Zack M
Gladiator also punched a planet apart, while Wonder Woman never even came close to a feat like that. Gladiator has to punch her once for real and her jaw is gone.

Battle feat wise, WW wins a huge majority. Gladiator would only power her up. WW is about to go up against Darkseid. Gladiator is low herald, not high.

MrMind

Do you mean the feat where he broke a planet up by REPEATEDLY punching it ?

If so then the feat is unclear for many reasons and a factual analysis can suggest that if he punches as hard as a nuclear bomb, then could drastically crack the planet's crust and lead to the planet becoming unstrable and exploding. also there was no mention of the size of that planet

So it's as unquantifiable as wonder woman pulling earth feat at best

tkitna

Nope. Gladiator stood up after it happened. Was more powerful than Colossus though.

zopzop
llso there was no mention of the size of that planet

The planet was massive enough to have an atmosphere capable of supporting intelligent life. Look around our solar system to get an idea for the minimum size for something like that : Mars, Ganymede, Titan, etc...

Zack M
Originally posted by zopzop
The planet was massive enough to have an atmosphere capable of supporting intelligent life. Look around our solar system to get an idea for the minimum size for something like that : Mars, Ganymede, Titan, etc...

WW is still a tier above gladiator, though.

TheHulkster

abhilegend
Off panel huh? Mon-El, Andromeda and Dev-Em pulled Earth across realities and they are power girl level in strength.

https://s31.postimg.org/izmotkgbb/image.jpg https://s31.postimg.org/43o5lzcmf/image.jpg https://s31.postimg.org/55yc4j35j/image.jpg

TheHulkster
Originally posted by abhilegend
Off panel huh? Mon-El, Andromeda and Dev-Em pulled Earth across realities and they are power girl level in strength.

https://s31.postimg.org/izmotkgbb/image.jpg https://s31.postimg.org/43o5lzcmf/image.jpg https://s31.postimg.org/55yc4j35j/image.jpg

For purposes of this thread, an off panel confirmed feat > a feat not performed by Wonder Woman.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, that's so confusing. It's Gladiator vs. Wonder Woman. And he randomly posts scans of 3 Daxamites performing a feat? And from an era where Diana would be lucky to lift a city? And of course, it's Superman related in some tangent way.

abhilegend
Originally posted by TheHulkster
For purposes of this thread, an off panel confirmed feat > a feat not performed by Wonder Woman.
Only if you are going by space cheese. On panel feats are better than off panel feats Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, that's so confusing. It's Gladiator vs. Wonder Woman. And he randomly posts scans of 3 Daxamites performing a feat? And from an era where Diana would be lucky to lift a city? And of course, it's Superman related in some tangent way.
It was in response to Hulkster idiotic claim.

Hence why space cheese is irrelevant.

Zack M

Holy shit!

TheHulkster

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by zopzop

Size alone doth not an atmosphere make. There factors are also in play - distance from the star etc.

DarkSaint85
Nope. Gladiator stood up after it happened. Was more powerful than Colossus though.

The building did what Gladiator was unable to do. Hence why it is more powerful.

Much like WW against an injured Batman evil face

carver9
Do you mean the feat where he broke a planet up by REPEATEDLY punching it ?

If so then the feat is unclear for many reasons and a factual analysis can suggest that if he punches as hard as a nuclear bomb, then could drastically crack the planet's crust and lead to the planet becoming unstrable and exploding. also there was no mention of the size of that planet

So it's as unquantifiable as wonder woman pulling earth feat at best

How much of the weight did she pull?

Zack M
WW is about to fight Darkseid next issue. stick out tongue

$on OF krypton
ww is an immortal godess somtimes capable of holding her own against superman...she should be able 2 take gladiator down after a TOUGH&BRUTAL fight imo

TheHulkster
Hence why space cheese is irrelevant.

So apparently it wasn't irrelevant when MrMind initiated space cheese by bringing up WW pulling part of Earth, but only after I bring up Gladiator doing something similar.

MrMind
Originally posted by carver9
How much of the weight did she pull?

are you stupid? did you not see me mention that it's unquantifiable?

abhilegend

abhilegend
So apparently it wasn't irrelevant when MrMind initiated space cheese by bringing up WW pulling part of Earth, but only after I bring up Gladiator doing something similar.
Two wrongs don't make a right.

carver9
are you stupid? did you not see me mention that it's unquantifiable?

Why mention the ft?

carver9

Are you really doing this?

DarkSaint85

Please understand the context before you jump in.

LordofBrooklyn

DESTROY HIM CARVER!!!

DarkSaint85
Well now.

-Pr-
Ha.

DarkSaint85
No takers?

Carver, hello!

Diesldude
No takers?

Carver, hello!
Quoting to see If it does any good.

carver9
Giving this to Wonder Woman and whomever created this thread, I truly dislike you.

TheHulkster
Gladiator wins.

ilikecomics
Giving this to Wonder Woman and whomever created this thread, I truly dislike you.

LordofBrooklyn

I HAVE SPARED YOU ON MANY OCASSIONS, GAMMITE!!!

DO NOT PRESS YOUR LUCK!!!

carver9
I HAVE SPARED YOU ON MANY OCASSIONS, GAMMITE!!!

laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
Gladiator wins.

Would you debate with a calm level headed unbiased poster like Carver?

BrolyBlack
I HAVE SPREAD MY SEED ON YOU MANY OCASSIONS, GAMMITE!!!

I this is how I first read this after taking a second look

BrolyBlack
WW wins

wxyz
WW wins; Gladiator is not impressive.

BrolyBlack

Stoic

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
Looks to me as if Gladiator was toying with Piotr. He never had to trade blows if he didn't want to make sport of the confrontation after all. Then you are trolling. Everyone who read that fight felt the two were closely match with Gladiator being a little superior (not a lot). The writer even gives us a narrative that paints that picture.

DarkSaint85
They're standing toe to toe....giving everything they have, trading blows, not letting up, one is irresistible, the other, immovable, until the building collapses and Gladiator slowly, painfully, stands up......yeah, they were pretty equal.

Put Wolverine in Colossus' place and he'd have killed Glads.

carver9
Then you are trolling. Everyone who read that fight felt the two were closely match with Gladiator being a little superior (not a lot). The writer even gives us a narrative that paints that picture.

That's one of Colossus best showings. It isn't a knock against Gladiator, it's a praise for Colossus. High showing. Kinda like her fights against Batman. Batman have taken down the JLA, including her. Its not a knock against the team, its a high showing for Batman. Wonder Woman still wins this though.

StiltmanFTW
Looks to me as if Gladiator was toying with Piotr. He never had to trade blows if he didn't want to make sport of the confrontation after all.

Impartial narrator disagrees with you.

DarkSaint85

He beat the shit out of Colossus....

Carver, this is how the debate started. Please read before jumping in willy nilly.

BrolyBlack

Stoic
Then you are trolling. Everyone who read that fight felt the two were closely match with Gladiator being a little superior (not a lot). The writer even gives us a narrative that paints that picture.

Look at the smile on Gladiator's face. Notice how he stood there and took an assault without flinching. Gladiator was obviously pulling his punches.

DarkSaint85
Read the impartial narration. They're giving all they got.

BrolyBlack
Look at the smile on Gladiator's face. Notice how he stood there and took an assault without flinching. Gladiator was obviously pulling his punches.

Stop ignoring evidence because wanna be Superman has a shit grin on his face

Stoic
So Colossus wasn't fighting an uphill battle? Gladiator had to stand toe to toe with him? No speed argument? No mentions of Gladiator being far stronger, and tougher than Colossus? No mentions of the possible likelihood of hyperbole stitched into narration that was obviously placed for the sole purpose of creating drama, where none should have existed? On paper, and in a forum setting, Gladiator would destroy Colossus. But yeah, let's ignore facts.

DarkSaint85
I think you (and obviously Carver) are misunderstanding Phil's post.

The original post was that Gladiator beat the shit out of Colossus. Not 'this is what happens in a forum fight', or 'that fight was PIS because Gladiator is far superior', but that Gladiator casually made mincemeat out of Colossus.

Hence the scans. Showing that in FACT, Colossus and Glads were portrayed as equals by narration. THAT'S the debate we are having. It's not about a forum fight between the two, or Glads' speed - it's about Rage's interpretation of the scene.

h1a8
How much of the weight did she pull? He stated that both feats were unquantifiable.
But in reality they aren't since we know writers intentions. Clearly WW contributed a significant amount to the pulling. She at least pulled with 1/10th of the total pull force. Glads was intended to bust a planet with a light atmosphere (smaller than Earth but bigger than a moon). IMO Glads is definitely stronger than WW. See Carver Im not bias. WW has hax weapons with insane reflexes and fighting skill though.

Stoic
But we don't know the writers intentions, or we could just as easily claim that they intended for the viewer to believe that 616 Gladiator could replicate anything that his alternate time line self could. So yeah, let's stick to having no way of reliably quantifying the pulling feat. This way no one can claim that you deal in double standards h1.

DarkSaint85
But even if the writer wanted us to believe it's 616 Glads, or at least, equal to 616, forum rules mean that it's still an alternate Glads.

But yeah.

JBL
He stated that both feats were unquantifiable.
But in reality they aren't since we know writers intentions. Clearly WW contributed a significant amount to the pulling. She at least pulled with 1/10th of the total pull force. Glads was intended to bust a planet with a light atmosphere (smaller than Earth but bigger than a moon). IMO Glads is definitely stronger than WW. See Carver Im not bias. WW has hax weapons with insane reflexes and fighting skill though. Who told you that the planet was smaller than Earth yet bigger than the moon? Where did you get light atmosphere from?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
Who told you that the planet was smaller than Earth yet bigger than the moon? Where did you get light atmosphere from?
JBL is right. There was no atmosphere.....

h1a8
But we don't know the writers intentions, or we could just as easily claim that they intended for the viewer to believe that 616 Gladiator could replicate anything that his alternate time line self could. So yeah, let's stick to having no way of reliably quantifying the pulling feat. This way no one can claim that you deal in double standards h1.

It takes average intelligence to know the writer's intentions. If WW wasn't pulling with a significant portion then the writer wouldn't had her pulling with the other two at all. It's all about perception as a near peer. It was stated in D.C. comics that WW is stronger than Hercules. And Superman was never shown to be many many times stronger than DC Hercules. WW is not as strong as Superman but she is in the vicinity to a degree.

Booya_69

ilikecomics
Why is strength the primary focus of the thread?
Wouldnt an appropriate question also be who is more proficient in combat?
wonder woman is easily in the same ball park as glads in terms of physical capabilities.
we also cant forget that diana is a woman and glads abilities are confidence based, if he gets slapped into orbit by a woman that could hurt his confidence.

DarkSaint85
Plus people forget she has her lasso. And a sword.

Adam Grimes
And she's faster, has handled better opponents, weapons that hurt more durable beings that Glads etc.

JBL
JBL is right. There was no atmosphere..... Yeah, agree with him as he lie and low-ball for a reason👍

xXI_wing_IXx
Wonder Woman wins majority. The battle will take some time because their both durable enough to withstand each other attacks. Glad would initially get the advantage from far range by using his heat vision and frost breath. She would counter by quickly maneuvering and dodging incoming range attacks or by using her bracelets to deflect heat beams. Once they get close, the favor is at her side. She has a wealth of experience in combat skills and eventually I see her wrapping her lasso around his neck. She does have the propensity to do that. In addition, a woman dominating him, a man would tear his pride and confidence.

qwertyuiop1998
Originally posted by xXI_wing_IXx
Wonder Woman wins majority. The battle will take some time because their both durable enough to withstand each other attacks. Glad would initially get the advantage from far range by using his heat vision and frost breath. She would counter by quickly maneuvering and dodging incoming range attacks or by using her bracelets to deflect heat beams. Once they get close, the favor is at her side. She has a wealth of experience in combat skills and eventually I see her wrapping her lasso around his neck. She does have the propensity to do that. In addition, a woman dominating him, a man would tear his pride and confidence. This

Stoic
Originally posted by ilikecomics
Why is strength the primary focus of the thread?
Wouldnt an appropriate question also be who is more proficient in combat?
wonder woman is easily in the same ball park as glads in terms of physical capabilities.
we also cant forget that diana is a woman and glads abilities are confidence based, if he gets slapped into orbit by a woman that could hurt his confidence.

Why would that shake his confidence? She isn't stronger than he is. His confidence deflates when he goes all out and gets no sold. She isn't at that level. Plus people forget about his laser vision. What stops him from burning her eyes out before she even moves? This could go either way, so I'm not sure why people are pretending that she'd win with ease?

AlbertoJohnAvil
Diana isnt strong enough to tangle with Glads, It's like people ignore her struggling massively with Aquaman out of all people and not being able to put somebody like that down. Glads 10/10

Adam Grimes
Why would that shake his confidence? She isn't stronger than he is. His confidence deflates when he goes all out and gets no sold. She isn't at that level. Plus people forget about his laser vision. What stops him from burning her eyes out before she even moves? This could go either way, so I'm not sure why people are pretending that she'd win with ease? What keeps her from stabbing him in the face at amazo-blitzing speeds?

You understand the fault in that logic?

DarkSaint85
Yeah I mean....WW has some of the best energy deflecting attacks out there with her bracers.

JBL
Why would that shake his confidence? She isn't stronger than he is. His confidence deflates when he goes all out and gets no sold. She isn't at that level. Plus people forget about his laser vision. What stops him from burning her eyes out before she even moves? This could go either way, so I'm not sure why people are pretending that she'd win with ease? She's beaten Superman, they are protecting superman, even though gladiator would not hesitate to kill. Plus She's from DC👍

h1a8
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Diana isnt strong enough to tangle with Glads, It's like people ignore her struggling massively with Aquaman out of all people and not being able to put somebody like that down. Glads 10/10 Does Wolverine beat a lot of beings because he is stronger than them?
WW has a sword and lasso (each can one shot) along with superior skill and fighting speed.

P.S. you are trolling by using a character's lowest as the standard level they will be in a forum. That's like saying Glads struggled with Colossus and Hulk and Glads will operate at Colossus's level and speed here.

Stoic
Does Wolverine beat a lot of beings because he is stronger than them?
WW has a sword and lasso (each can one shot) along with superior skill and fighting speed.

P.S. you are trolling by using a character's lowest as the standard level they will be in a forum. That's like saying Glads struggled with Colossus and Hulk and Glads will operate at Colossus's level and speed here.

Yes. That's exactly why he beats them. His skeleton is much stronger than the guys and girls that can lift more than he does, but due to his skeletal strength (which extends to his claws) he can actually hit much harder than they do.

Do you have any proof that Wonder Woman fights faster than Gladiator? They've both been hit by non speedsters. They both can fight evenly with speedsters. I've only seen one capable of attaining warp speeds though.

DarkSaint85
@Stoic:. Shattered God.

JBL
@Stoic:. Shattered God. What was the speed?

DarkSaint85
Ask Carver. He knows better than me.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
Yeah, agree with him as he lie and low-ball for a reason👍

What, I agreed with you......it was never stated that it was a light atmosphere, rather, that there was none. You're right. H1 was highballing lmao

h1a8
Yes. That's exactly why he beats them. His skeleton is much stronger than the guys and girls that can lift more than he does, but due to his skeletal strength (which extends to his claws) he can actually hit much harder than they do.

Do you have any proof that Wonder Woman fights faster than Gladiator? They've both been hit by non speedsters. They both can fight evenly with speedsters. I've only seen one capable of attaining warp speeds though.

I think you are trolling here. Wolverine is not stronger than most of the characters he beats. His claws just bypass their durability.

Did you even understand my point or you just wanted to troll the thread? My point is that being physically stronger doesnt always mean you will win.

JBL
What, I agreed with you......it was never stated that it was a light atmosphere, rather, that there was none. You're right. H1 was highballing lmao So there was no atmosphere and it was a small planet right?

JBL
Ask Carver. He knows better than me. Carver didn't bring it up, you did.

DarkSaint85
Yes but he's more of a WW fan than I smile

Enzeru
In the left corner we have a guy, who - on panel - punches planets apart, which are sturdy enough to a point that they survive the deaths of galaxies.

In the right corner we have a gal, who - tells herself that she - can destroy a small planet.

Gladiator punches a hole through her chest.

DarkSaint85
But surely it's not about pure strength (hence the analogy someone brought up with Wolverine).

After all, Wolverine is FAR weaker than Gladiator, but still stabbed him.

Enzeru
Wolverine isn't going to stab Gladiator in a battle board environment.
Wolverine isn't going to stab anyone, who is fast enough to dodge Galactus' photon blasts. That's reacting and moving at the speed of light.

Wonder Woman is certainly faster than Wolverine, but I believe that characters like Superman and Gladiator beat Wonder Woman at least 6 out of 10 times. She stands a chance, but for her it's an uphill battle against greater strength, durability and arguably versatility.
I left speed out, because even if they're equally fast for different reasons... is Wonder Woman skilled enough to a point to dodge every single of their attacks? Because if she doesn't, it's gonna hurt.

Wonder Womans only saving grace are a couple of specific weapons, which cause a serious threat to high herald level bricks. In unarmed combat though? She isn't winning the majority at all. Weight classes are there for a reason.

DarkSaint85
It's not unarmed combat to the best of my knowledge....OP has her clutching her sword, for example. And the lasso was standard gear.

StiltmanFTW
But surely it's not about pure strength (hence the analogy someone brought up with Wolverine).

Yeah, I hate to agree with h1, but it's true --- Wolverine's physical strength is not a significant factor in his major fights.

His speed, agility, fighting skills, adamantium skeleton and claws, healing factor --- sure --- but his strength only plays a minor part in his greatest battles, especially the ones in which he faces true powerhouses ranked as "Class 100 or above".

Just like Wolverine, Diana possesses the skills, speed and bladed weapons, so it's not a bad analogy h1 made here.

AlbertoJohnAvil

I can actually see her trying a blitz and impaling him. I can also see him eyebeaming a crater through her face the moment she does.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.