Vitiate (Novel) and Reborn Krayt - Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ILS

JKBart
Clear imo. Krayt can be leveled to sub-Mace categories, and while Vitiate is obviously no combatant, his immense power approaching pre-prime versions of Sidious (like pre-TPM) should close the gap between sub-Mace tiered Krayt and DE Palpatine.

darthbane77
Vitiate can solo up to round 4 tbh.

Team makes it to Boss, likely loses to Sidious via wormholes.

Geistalt
Give Plagueis a better partner.

AncientPower
Clears. Krayt is the most powerful Sith to ever live.

Azronger

NewGuy01
5 or clear.

Haschwalth
High diff 4, and stops at the boss, Plagueis/Tenebrous ain't doing shit, to this combo.

MythLord

Ursumeles
Clear.

Selenial

Freedon Nadd
It's either 2 or all.

DarthSkywalker0
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Clear.

JMANGO
You guys are retarded if you think they're getting past 5.

LordOfTheLight
Originally posted by JMANGO
You guys are retarded if you think they're getting past 5

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You guys are retarded if you think they're getting past 5.

Clear.

Freedon Nadd
You guys are retarded if you think they're getting past 2.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Unclear.

Trocity
Clear.

Sinious
lol @ passing DE Sids

Not that they can make it to boss

DarthSkywalker0
Originally posted by Sinious
lol @ passing DE Sids

Not that they can make it to boss

Why can they not make it to boss?

JMANGO
Clear.

Care to explain the (unfounded) hype for these two.

Feats that put Krayt in the top tier league : Nil.

Feats that (maybe) put Novel Vitiate in the top tier : killing a dark council of unknowns. Defeating Revan. Neither of these a refutation to how Plagueis or Tenebrous will dispose of him.

Trocity
Originally posted by Sinious
lol @ passing DE Sids

Why is that lolworthy? DE Sidious got his hand chopped off by a decades pre-prime Luke Skywalker, lmao.

Sinious

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Care to explain the (unfounded) hype for these two.

K.

Feats that put Krayt in the top tier league : Nil.

His feats in Apocalypse showing a degree of parity with Luke, with his Reborn incarnation being even stronger due to not having Vong coral seeds eating at him at all times, His body being completely rejuvenated, attaining a greater mastery of the force than ever, and overcoming death. You can even do a bit of loose Darish Vol scaling here, with Reborn Krayt >/>> Apocalypse Krayt > Darish Vol ~ much the power of FOTJ Luke. As for actual feats, besides those performed against Abeloth, Reborn Krayt is casually inducing force visions to every dark-sider in the galaxy signalling his return, dominating Wyyrlok III, Cade Skywalker, etc. There's also some pretty massive lines of scaling you can draw from Krayt's contemporaries, like the satellite dish feat, along with rookie Cade's feats. Point being, he's the strongest player on this team. ILS's blog will elaborate on these notions.

Feats that (maybe) put Novel Vitiate in the top tier : killing a dark council of unknowns. Defeating Revan. Neither of these a refutation to how Plagueis or Tenebrous will dispose of him.

I mean, I guess given the consideration you gave Krayt based on a (perceived) lack of feats, I'm forced to ask what makes you put Tenebrous so far above Revan.

Freedon Nadd
Wasn't the Abeloth fight just a battle of wills?

Trocity
Sinious gets so worked up. laughing out loud

Sinious
I'm not even sure if I'm physically capable of it

JMANGO
His feats in Apocalypse showing a degree of parity with Luke

Not top tier. They show precisely zero parity to Luke.

Not top tier. Sending intangible information across the Galaxy is nothing groundbreaking. Worse, he did this on Korriban, a nexus known to passively strengthen sith. Worse still, if Darth Stryfe is anything to go by, then Krayt's one sith can sense his presence with or without him prompting them, like radio sets finely tuned in to a specific frequency :

https://i.makeagif.com/media/3-28-2018/yuwxjf.gif

After that... there are a few dark siders whom also felt his presence : Cade and Draco. That's real nice. But it's just nice. Maul has been felt across the Galaxy during a time where Jedi sensory capabilities were "clouded" by a massive dark side aura. Unlike Krayt, he didn't have the luxury of Korriban either.

He cheap shotted Wyrrok much in the same way Cade defeated him. Wyyrlok being pretty unimpressive himself. The equivalent of defeating Venamis. Not a top tier showing.

His performance against this foe in particular, is a direct contention to his top tier status. His failure to subdue Cade with with any other ability than DT can also be used to throw out the loose scaling regarding Darish Vol (all though i doubt it had any basis in the first instance). Cade being a several generations diluted punk Skywalker. Who spent a 7(?) year hiatus regressing his teachings. Granted, he's a prodigy in a time where K'kruhk is grandmaster , but he doesn't have near parity to Luke and neither does Krayt.

This is not top tier. Even if Krayt is a thousand times better than two force users, spending the entirety of their concentration collapsing this satellite dish, he's still comes up short of being responsible for a planet wide ice age, pre prime.

Not top tier.

I'm not going to read it.

Krayt doesn't lack feats. He lacks feats putting him on the top tier. In fact, he lacks feats putting him on top of the tier below that as well. He's a sold tier 8. As for Novel! Revan, i give Teneb the victory because of banite scaling, and because of possible reverse scaling regarding Plagueis (before the unbalancing) Freezing Naboo. This should be enough to stone wall Vititate, leaving the latter to rely on his non existent combat expertise to survive - ergo ; he gets cut in half

Azronger
Calling every darksider in the galaxy... Lord Kaan could summon millions of his Sith minions and telepathically cuck them all at once. And he gets punked by PoD Bane, who gets punked by DoE Bane, who gets punked by someone several generations down the line, and so on, until we get to Plagueis, who could inform every living being (sextillions?) of his existence - essentially a communion with the Living Force of the galaxy as a whole.

Krayt's feat is nothing in the face of the Banite line. If this is all that his hype is predicated on from Legacy, then his chances of being Yoda-level just went down the sewage drain. The only thing that I could see placing him up with the greats is some sort of argument formed from his Fate of the Jedi hype, but even then he canonically scales below Palpatine even at his most powerful, considering that the OG Emperor remained the most powerful Sith Lord for millennia even after his death:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11128/111282615/6352625-6696689076-7137174713674797335%25253Faccount_id%25253D1

And Vitiate...

laughing out loud

Nothing more needs to be said about that guy honestly.

Freedon Nadd
Plagueis is not a Banite Sith, though.

Selenial

Freedon Nadd
That gave me terminal cancer.

Azronger
@Sel

It says "Emperor Palpatine, the most powerful Sith Lord for millennia" - how else would you interpret that?

ILS
Originally posted by Azronger
@Sel

It says "Emperor Palpatine, the most powerful Sith Lord for millennia" - how else would you interpret that? It's talking about the millennia that passed between Bane and Sidious' time, obviously.

Selenial

Azronger
Originally posted by ILS
It's talking about the millennia that passed between Bane and Sidious' time, obviously.

That was a single millennium. The quote says multiple millennia. And I don't see how it says that anyway. It says "for millennia," not "in millennia." It's blatantly referring to the future.

Azronger
@Sel

Well that's what it says to me, but I'll wait for other native English-speakers to give their opinions

Freedon Nadd
It references the Old Republic, shmuck.

ILS
How old is the source, anyway? There was once a time in the early EU where Bane existing during 2000BBY, IIRC.

Azronger
Originally posted by ILS
How old is the source, anyway? There was once a time in the early EU where Bane existing during 2000BBY, IIRC.

It references the Great Galactic War of TOR, so after 2011.

And no, Lucas pretty thoroughly established Bane's time as 1000 BBY in when he created the backstory of the Sith in the nineties.

ILS
Yeah, I meant before that.

Anyway, Sel is right.

Azronger
After discussing it with Tempest, it would appear indeed appear it refers to the past. Point conceded. Was worth a try, though

DarthAnt66
It references the Great Galactic War of TOR, so after 2011.

And no, Lucas pretty thoroughly established Bane's time as 1000 BBY in when he created the backstory of the Sith in the nineties.
What's the source?

Azronger
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
What's the source?

A magazine about starships and vehicles.

DarthAnt66
Which issue?

Azronger
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Which issue?

No clue. Got it from Grey.

Unbowed
After discussing it with Tempest, it would appear indeed appear it refers to the past. Point conceded. Was worth a try, though
So you're basically admitting that you debate using cheap sophistry instead of real arguments. right?

Azronger
Originally posted by Unbowed
So you're basically admitting that you debate using cheap sophistry instead of real arguments. right?

?

Freedon Nadd
Azronger is a shmuck.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.