Gohan (Full potential) vs Goku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Gohan tapping into his max potential vs:

SSJ Blue Goku

Super Kaioken Goku

UI Goku

MUI Goku

MrMind
gohan full potential never gonna happen man, he could've been badass alpha male like his father after the cell saga. instead he chose the path to be the stemcel bookworm

TheBadguy
Gohan is trash

You all have to let him go

Inedian
Gohan

vansonbee
Gohan can take on blue Goku, but not KaioKen or further.

cdtm
I don't know, Mystic Gohan was way stronger then Goku's trump. In theory, a maxed out Gohan should be stronger then anything except UI, which seems more like a hack then a conventional powerup.

Inedian
Gohan will always be above Goku potential wise, depth of power. Goku reaches MUI, if Gohan would be serious, he would go above MUI Goku. If Goku achives something new again, Gohan would again go above him if serious. They even reminded us on that through Vegeta in DBS.

bbrem123
Gohan is below a Blue. He is fodder. Enough with this potential crap.

Blockythe1guy
Gohan Blanco wins

Inedian
Originally posted by bbrem123
Gohan is below a Blue. He is fodder. Enough with this potential crap.

Nope. He is fodder yes, but he will always be above Goku potential wise. Always was and will stay that way. He is a waste of a strong character for not acting on that. He even lost his training uniform eek!

bbrem123
No he is not. ^

But in the end all saiyans have unlimited potential. Thinking he above Goku/Vegeta is just nonsense die hard Gohan fans cling to...Sorry to say.

Goku has proven time and time again he is the greatest of all saiyans. You might not like it but it is true.

Inedian
No he is not. ^

But in the end all saiyans have unlimited potential. Thinking he above Goku/Vegeta is just nonsense die hard Gohan fans cling to...Sorry to say.

Goku has proven time and time again he is the greatest of all saiyans. You might not like it but it is true.

You really think that I have anything against Goku being the greatest of all saiyans. I don't give a shit. I am not even against it or disliking it. He is the greatest, that's a fact.

Just like Gohan is simply better than Goku and Vegeta, which was also confirmed by SSB Vegeta. That's Gohan, but he just doesn't care about it.

bbrem123
Yea the same SSB Vegeta that just said all saiyans have unlimited potential...

It is just what the saiyan does with that potential that makes them powerful. Gohan is no different. The only reason Goku is superior to every saiyan is because of his personality and character traits.

But hey if you want to cling to your fanboy dream of imaginary Gohan being the strongest go for it.

cdtm
An alt timeline where Gohan turns evil and becomes as obsessed with breaking his limits as Goku would be interesting.

bbrem123
That definitely would be ^

But then again. We see a hardcore Gohan in Trunk's timeline. He was nothing special.

Galan007
Yea the same SSB Vegeta that just said all saiyans have unlimited potential... Which is kind of funny, because until the SSG ritual entered the fray Vegeta and Goku's powers seemed to have plateaued. Had the Saiyans not used an outside ritual to boost their powers astronomically, they'd likely still be around the same level they were at during the Boo saga.

Vegeta needs to remember where he came from. ermm

Ridley_Prime
That definitely would be ^

But then again. We see a hardcore Gohan in Trunk's timeline. He was nothing special.
Nah, that Gohan actually was cool, compared to the one we're stuck with for the most part. As it is though future Trunks remains the coolest kid on the block. ToP Gohan could've changed that, but alas.

Estacado
Just let Gohan go....

Ridley_Prime
Even the english dub version makes me laugh at this scene, while screaming inside at the same time. i.e. Trunks having the same look and reaction as nearly every Gohan fan, and the way he says "He used to surge with power, now I don't feel anything" drove it home.

ub91806JEL8

Estacado
LMAO Trunks used to praise Gohan, he was his master after all, now he thinks he is a chump.....haermm

Damborgson
But how do you get THAT bad. What's the time skip from kid buu fight to Super ?

Galan007
6 months. none

One Big Mob
He could still go mystic in BoG. Goku and Vegeta surpassed him in that time though. Without outside upgrades to get their max potential out (twice).

And then he just fell apart and that seems to be when he started getting weaker. Maybe being the only character in the series who can get way weaker is his real potential.

Galan007
Mystic or not, he was still utterly pathetic in the BoG anime. Beerus casually KO'd Gohan just by tapping him with Boo's incapacitated body, lol... And Gohan had also donned the 'nerdy scholar' attire by then, which tells us he hadn't been training at all. This means he was almost certainly intended to be a good deal weaker than he was in Z, and also explains why SSJ3 Goku and RB Vegeta were >.

At least the manga treated Gohan a *little* better in that regard. In its rendition of BoG, Gohan actually endured one of Beerus 'attacks' without being KO'd(it was literally just a push, but still, he shrugged it off alongside Boo.) In fact, I don't think the manga had Beerus KO Gohan OR Boo at all -- a sharp contrast to the anime, lol.

srug

Ridley_Prime
There were a good bit of people in denial about Gohan in DBS' RoF arc, theorizing that he still had his Mystic power when it was clearly said that he didn't, and other hoopla of people just seeing what they wanted to see. It was almost as sad as Gohan's treatment there itself was. I was unfortunately right to keep shitting on him as he was up until the ToP at least, but even then he was just kinda meh in the end, although a huge step up from his pathetic states.

But, I couldn't really rant about him anymore by then; it was just a lost cause. People spoke up loudly of wanting to see Gohan back for so long and what we got from Toei was just... yeah.. okay.

Inedian
What was the original time skip when BoG movie came out... was it four years and then got retconned to 6 months?

Galan007
Originally posted by Inedian
What was the original time skip when BoG movie came out... was it four years and then got retconned to 6 months? Yep.

As of DBS, the BoG arc is set 6 months after the Boo saga, the RoF arc is set about one year after BoG, and the ToP is set about one year after RoF.

I'd imagine the upcoming film will be set shortly after the ToP.

Inedian
Originally posted by Galan007
Yep.

As of DBS, the BoG arc is set 6 months after the Boo saga, the RoF arc is set about one year after BoG, and the ToP is set about one year after RoF.

I'd imagine the upcoming film will be set shortly after the ToP.

Thanks.

I liked 4 years more than 6 months, but it is what it is. Last episode of DBZ is 10 years after Majin Buu. That should be insanely powerful Goku... Whis or higher level smile

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by TheBadguy
Gohan is trash

You all have to let him go

thumb up

Originally posted by One Big Mob
He could still go mystic in BoG. Goku and Vegeta surpassed him in that time though. Without outside upgrades to get their max potential out (twice).

And then he just fell apart and that seems to be when he started getting weaker. Maybe being the only character in the series who can get way weaker is his real potential.

thumb up

Galan007
Thanks.

I liked 4 years more than 6 months, but it is what it is. Last episode of DBZ is 10 years after Majin Buu. That should be insanely powerful Goku... Whis or higher level smile The ToP is only set like 3ish years after the Boo saga, and look how goddamn far he's come. Give Goku another 7 years of training(which is when the timeline would finally catch up to the EoZ chapters), and his power should be FAR beyond what it is now.

If DBS has been any indication, I'd certainly like to think Goku's power would be at least Beerus-level by then(without UI), but who knows...

One Big Mob
Mystic or not, he was still utterly pathetic in the BoG anime. Beerus casually KO'd Gohan just by tapping him with Boo's incapacitated body, lol... And Gohan had also donned the 'nerdy scholar' attire by then, which tells us he hadn't been training at all. This means he was almost certainly intended to be a good deal weaker than he was in Z, and also explains why SSJ3 Goku and RB Vegeta were >.

At least the manga treated Gohan a *little* better in that regard. In its rendition of BoG, Gohan actually endured one of Beerus 'attacks' without being KO'd(it was literally just a push, but still, he shrugged it off alongside Boo.) In fact, I don't think the manga had Beerus KO Gohan OR Boo at all -- a sharp contrast to the anime, lol.

srug Buu's body was still being swung with the force of Beerus. Just think of it as Beerus hitting him but his fist was Buu.

In the Manga all we saw was Beerus do the push motion. Gohan/Buu gave up and just stood around and watched Vegeta surpass them. In the movie Gohan gets kicked in the gut and gets put out. In the anime he gets batted. None of them say Gohan was weaker at that point in time. All we know is that Vegeta was the best while Goku was runner up.

The Manga one might have been the worst because it showed Gohan just be a quitter. Broly Movie Vegeta tier.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, kinda saw Gohan giving up in BotG, as opposed to Vegeta who at least went down fighting, to be foreshadowing or the starting point of him embracing pussiness.

Galan007
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Buu's body was still being swung with the force of Beerus. Just think of it as Beerus hitting him but his fist was Buu.

In the Manga all we saw was Beerus do the push motion. Gohan/Buu gave up and just stood around and watched Vegeta surpass them. In the movie Gohan gets kicked in the gut and gets put out. In the anime he gets batted. None of them say Gohan was weaker at that point in time. All we know is that Vegeta was the best while Goku was runner up.

The Manga one might have been the worst because it showed Gohan just be a quitter. Broly Movie Vegeta tier. We know Gohan hadn't been training in the 6 months between the Boo saga and BoG, while Goku and Vegeta had.

So maybe that's why Goku and Vegeta were portrayed as far more powerful than Gohan..? Or maybe Toriyama just forgot that Gohan was supposed to be a LOT more powerful than them as of Z..? Doesn't really matter.

The BoG arc is basically when it was established that Gohan is no longer relevant... And his status hasn't really changed at all since then, unfortunately. ermm

wakkawakkawakka
As far as time skips go now I'm confused, since Trunks and Goten are supposed to be 14/13 by the ToP IIRC?

Though for the answer this thread I guess Toei wants to get it across to the audience that Gohan will never be near the two main Saiyans again. Just Like King Kai is no longer relevant now with elder supreme kai having more exposure.

Inedian
The ToP is only set like 3ish years after the Boo saga, and look how goddamn far he's come. Give Goku another 7 years of training(which is when the timeline would finally catch up to the EoZ chapters), and his power should be FAR beyond what it is now.

If DBS has been any indication, I'd certainly like to think Goku's power would be at least Beerus-level by then(without UI), but who knows...

Yup. I was taking MUI Goku into consideration with additional 7 years of training and he gets to Whis or higher level (which still shouldn't happen at all)... but what DBS did with this extreme exeggeration stupidity jump, I wouldn't be surprised if that would happen, while GP is unreachable, ridiculosly far and far beyond that.

cdtm
Never say never, GP is just a few transformations away.

Maybe Goku grows a few more arms and calls it Manta form or something.

Galan007
Yup. I was taking MUI Goku into consideration with additional 7 years of training and he gets to Whis or higher level (which still shouldn't happen at all)... but what DBS did with this extreme exeggeration stupidity jump, I wouldn't be surprised if that would happen, while GP is unreachable, ridiculosly far and far beyond that. The only possible way for Goku to even remotely begin to approach Whis, is if he learns to *fully* control/access UI, and builds upon THAT power exponentially... If he can't *at least* access MUI at will, then he wouldn't even be able to touch Whis -- let alone hope to contend with him in a serious fight.

And yeah, Daishinkan represents a level that is completely unattainable for Goku, imo. I'd imagine that he can beat all of the Guide Angels, as easily as the Guide Angels can beat the Hakaishin. /shrug

Estacado
Vegeta just said Saiyans have no limits...shifty

bbrem123
Meaning all saiyans are greater than Zen-Oh cool

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The ToP is only set like 3ish years after the Boo saga

Where'd you get this number?

Galan007
*BoG is set 6 months after the Boo saga- confirmed by multiple episode summaries and previews.

*RoF is set no more than 1 year after BoG, but probably less- Pan had just been conceived in BoG, and had just been born in RoF.

*RoF segways straight into the U6vs.U7 Tournament- the mainstream timeline's Super Dragon Balls are used.

*The U6vs.U7 Tournament segways straight into the Zamasu arc- Pan is an infant, and cannot even talk/walk on her own yet.

*The Zamasu arc segways straight into the ToP- before the ToP commenced, Daishinkan stated that the Super Dragon Balls were usable again, which implies that roughly 1 year had passed between the U6/U7 Tourney and the ToP(that's how long it takes the SDB's to reset.) Pan is still depicted as an infant who can barely talk/walk on her own, which aligns with the aforementioned timeframe.

So yeah there are about 3 years between the Boo saga and the ToP... Give or take a few months.

One Big Mob
What if Gohan went back into the RoSaT room to study for 2 days?

cdtm
You're only really supposed to be able to use it for one.

But I think Gohan would zip way past wherever Goku could get in another year. The way I figured it, Gohan basically had a built in xp bonus, on account of his half blood. All Saiyans are limitless, he can just do it faster then most.

But he's also lazy and lacks motivation, so it never happens.

One Big Mob
Gohan would exit and use it again to work on his studies.

DB works on a rubber band effect. Goku and Vegeta train and others just rubber band to their level just so they aren't useless. Gohan training for a year might surpass Goku where ever he is at the time but he would never utterly eclipse Goku or make it so he couldn't catch up.

Look at how useless all the training was before Super outside of Namek for instance. Characters only adjust to the levels Goku/Vegeta are at. They don't follow their own progression. If Goku was still only SS3, Gohan would only rubber band to that stage. If Goku's max was God, Gohan would go there. It doesn't matter how long he trains, it only matters what Goku is currently operating at. Gohan could train for 3 years or 3 days and the end result would be still be somewhere around Goku.

All the other characters are just Mario Kart AI, Gohan included.

Galan007
Shame, isn't it?

Things didn't used to be that way, but as of DBS any characters not named Goku or Vegeta are basically just there for moral or comedic support. ermm

Inedian
Originally posted by cdtm
You're only really supposed to be able to use it for one.

But I think Gohan would zip way past wherever Goku could get in another year. The way I figured it, Gohan basically had a built in xp bonus, on account of his half blood. All Saiyans are limitless, he can just do it faster then most.

But he's also lazy and lacks motivation, so it never happens.

Every warrior in DBS is limitless since everyone is always, without exception, improving... Saiyans are just faster because their depth of power is already much deeper (whatever the reason is) and Gohan here simply outclasses Goku and I think it would happen what you said, he would just go past Goku.

bbrem123
His potential is no greater than Vegeta or Goku (might even be less since he is not full saiyan)

In the end he will always one below Goku. (Hell most like Vegeta too)

One Big Mob has it right

Nevan
*BoG is set 6 months after the Boo saga- confirmed by multiple episode summaries and previews.

*RoF is set no more than 1 year after BoG, but probably less- Pan had just been conceived in BoG, and had just been born in RoF.

*RoF segways straight into the U6vs.U7 Tournament- the mainstream timeline's Super Dragon Balls are used.

*The U6vs.U7 Tournament segways straight into the Zamasu arc- Pan is an infant, and cannot even talk/walk on her own yet.

*The Zamasu arc segways straight into the ToP- before the ToP commenced, Daishinkan stated that the Super Dragon Balls were usable again, which implies that roughly 1 year had passed between the U6/U7 Tourney and the ToP(that's how long it takes the SDB's to reset.) Pan is still depicted as an infant who can barely talk/walk on her own, which aligns with the aforementioned timeframe.

So yeah there are about 3 years between the Boo saga and the ToP... Give or take a few months.
The first episode of DBS is 6 months after Boo, but DBS has a bunch of unmentioned time skips so that's not necessarily the case for BoG, for example, they completely skipped Gohan's wedding.
Shame, isn't it?

Things didn't used to be that way, but as of DBS any characters not named Goku or Vegeta are basically just there for moral or comedic support. ermm ????

Do you even remember anything past the androids saga?

Piccolo's fight against Frost and him acknowledging Gohan's growth is better than anything he did in the Buu saga.

Roshi had one of the best episodes in the entire tournament.

Krillin recruitment episode is better than anything he got past the Namek saga except for 18.

Even Tien did about the same or more in Super than what he did in the Buu saga.

Bulma and Trunks were an actual important part of the Future trunks arc in comparison to them being sidelined in the Cell saga and Future Mai actually got a surprising amount of focus.

Freeza was treated much better than in the Androids saga where he only existed to show off how strong Trunks was.

****ing 17 was debatably the MVP of the tournament and was treated better than ANY non Saiyan was in Z.

xJLxKing
Initially Gohan was supposed to be superior to Goku. In fact, in both Buu and Cell saga, Gohan was by far the strongest non fused Z warrior.

In Super and/or BoG, Gohan is crap. I'm shocked! Why the complete 180? Is he so unpopular in Japan?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Initially Gohan was supposed to be superior to Goku. In fact, in both Buu and Cell saga, Gohan was by far the strongest non fused Z warrior.

In Super and/or BoG, Gohan is crap. I'm shocked! Why the complete 180? Is he so unpopular in Japan?

Gohan is a pussy.

He got his five minutes in Super, so you can't complain that much.

Still, yeah, he was pretty disappointing. Even in GT, he was at least the strongest warrior on Earth (if we exclude Vegeta and Goku, of course).

And retained his Mystic form in the Hirudegarn movie (in which he was still a pussy compared to Goku). And Vegeta, the superior Saiyan, saved Gohan's ass.

Let's just face it, a pussy will always be a pussy.

bbrem123
Bout right ^ lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.