Choose a power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
What SINGLE power from any Herald (or below) would you choose to survive in a world full of Mutants? Whatever ability you choose, let's not think about an external source being capable of harming you due to you using said ability (example, speed, the friction from running will not harm you), BUT, It will not add any additional abilities (super strength will not heighten your durability, you'll just be STRONG without suffering any physical damage while using your power.

I have a second thread once I see enough post come in related to this thread..

Supermutant
Hulk's healing

One Big Mob
Genie from Aladdin's wish granting powers
Dr Strange's magic
Power Cosmic
Mjolnir

Enzeru
Silver Surfers power cosmic / molecule manipulation? One would assume that ability would allow you to use plenty of other powers like super strength, invulnerability, flight and so on.

If that is too much (versatile), then maybe Absorbing Mans absorbing powers. If I turn into steel or rock or whatever, mutants shouldn't be all too big of a problem. And hitting someone with a fist of steel should do quite the damage.

cdtm
Null field.

gauntlet o doom
Telepathy would be quite useful as you can remain essentially invisible to everyone or you can control people with it. Mutants won't be a worry.

One Big Mob
Elixir's powers
Darwin's adaptability
Pretty much any Omega level mutant power
Leech's powers
Ultra Instinct
Speed force

DarkSaint85
Time manip!!

riv6672
Brit's invulnerability.

Shabazz916
Apocalypse ability to absorb powers

Sin I AM
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Elixir's powers
Darwin's adaptability
Pretty much any Omega level mutant power
Leech's powers
Ultra Instinct
Speed force

xJLxKing
Vandal Savage

Flyattractor
Power Cosmic via Galactus Level.

$on OF krypton
manhunter's intangibility

RealityWarper
HOKUTO SHINKEN ! >_<

riv6672
^^^Gesundheit.

carver9
Power cosmic is too versatile. Some people are picking 20 abilities; slowly turning into an amped Amazo and let's be reasonable and keep it within the Herald tier like the thread starter said. Thanks KMC'ers.

riv6672
Originally posted by carver9
Some people are picking 20 abilities;
I'm shocked.

Mindship
The answer is, as always ... Telekinesis.

DarkSaint85
Remember guys, we're limited to the HH tier.

So if we got TP, it's..Prof X level? Strength, Superman etc.

zopzop
Originally posted by Mindship
That's a solid choice but there is one power better than it (in terms of bang for the buck) : Telepathy.

If you're evil : forcing others to give you money, making them love you, switching bodies (so you live forever), etc... If you're good : curing people of manias and other mental issues, using your powers to find missing persons, etc.. That's not even including doing more complex things like spying via astral form, rewriting somene's memories, etc....

There's no power more versatile than TP, TK is a close second though. Just the immortality aspect of TP is worth it.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Time manip!!

Which character time manipulation?

carver9

Who's telekinesis?

DarkSaint85
Which character time manipulation?

At least HH level. Guess that's like Zoom I guess.

At the very least.

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Remember guys, we're limited to the HH tier.

So if we got TP, it's..Prof X level? Strength, Superman etc.

Does Aquarian even count as hh?

How many high heralds can stop a cosmic being? (Wait a minute, then what is Superman doing here...? 😝

deathslash
I'd either want to be a psyker like Arhiman from 40k or I want to be force sensitive like Darth Sidious.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by cdtm
Does Aquarian even count as hh?

How many high heralds can stop a cosmic being? (Wait a minute, then what is Superman doing here...? 😝

On the other hand, Cap America took him out, and he was choked out by another guy. Plus he can be teleported against his will, Zombie Deadpool bit him etc...so he isn't always at those levels.

zopzop
Which character time manipulation? Originally posted by carver9
Who's telekinesis?
I know these questions weren't directed at me but here goes :
Either Jean Grey (no PF), Emma Frost, Rachel Summers (no PF), or Prof X for TP.

Mindship
Originally posted by zopzop
That's a solid choice but there is one power better than it (in terms of bang for the buck) : Telepathy.

If you're evil : forcing others to give you money, making them love you, switching bodies (so you live forever), etc... If you're good : curing people of manias and other mental issues, using your powers to find missing persons, etc.. That's not even including doing more complex things like spying via astral form, rewriting somene's memories, etc....

There's no power more versatile than TP, TK is a close second though. Just the immortality aspect of TP is worth it. You make a good case. The reason I prefer TK over TP, though, is simply that you can use TK on anything (even yourself), whereas TP you need a mind to influence.

@carver9: I wasn't thinking of any one character in particular, but zopzop gave some examples. To one degree or another, TK is kind of ubiquitous.

riv6672
You make a good case. The reason I prefer TK over TP, though, is simply that you can use TK on anything (even yourself), whereas TP you need a mind to influence.
Thats why i'd go for (90s Superboy) tactile TK.
Its one power, but it lets you replicate flight, strength, speed, invulnerability...

Mindset
Doom level intelligence.

Silent Master
Magic

leonidas
magic.

carver9
Who's magic? Remember, Herald level.

DarkSaint85
Lol it'll be classic Dr Strange level magic....

carver9
Trying to do something which is the reason I'm asking for you all to name specifics. It shouldn't be hard. Example, if I want healing, I would say Wolverine healing factor.

leonidas
strange is fine. or loki.

riv6672
.noeL ,yllacitamatua emac ti ro ,kaeps sdrawkcab eht lian dluoc uoy gnimussa ,tcerid erom eb dluow s'annataZ

StyleTime
Power Cosmic is off the board?

Then, if it's allowed, Magic.

Strange I guess.

"Id"
Psionics come at me Carver!

krisblaze
Originally posted by deathslash
I'd either want to be a psyker like Arhiman from 40k or I want to be force sensitive like Darth Sidious.

Being a psyker doesn't count as a single power.

StyleTime
I was wondering that about magic. Or psionics.

abhilegend
Reality warping

krisblaze
Some **** always answers three more wishes laughing

deathslash
Originally posted by krisblaze
Being a psyker doesn't count as a single power. doesn't it though? The same way that magic allows you to do multiple things like tp, tk, teleporting, and other crap like that, being a psyker allows you to do multiple things.

krisblaze
No.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.