The Appealment Of the 2nd Amendment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SquallX

Emperordmb
Yeah that is a bit far out there, if shit was being repealed, it'd be more likely the racists and bigots would want to repeal the first amendment so they could make very selectively applied hate speech laws and compel people to use certain pronouns.

Nephthys
Good old slippery slope argument.

Kurk
I honestly wouldn't give a shit at this point. Americans have lost their right to the Bill of Rights as far as I'm concerned. I'm confident the founding fathers would agree if they could pop out of their graves and see how society has declined.

Emperordmp
Did anyone the NYT article about removing the second ammentdemet yesterday? Seems its more then a slippery slope.

To the OP qquestion though, it takes more then an act of congress, it takes 2/3 of the house and senate and then 2/3 of all states for a constiutional ammendement.

But why would anyone want everyones guns taken away, then only the police, military and Trump has all the guns.thumb up

Nephthys
Originally posted by Nephthys
As I understand it, repealing the Second Amendment wouldn't ban guns. It would simply eliminate the sense of entitlement to them that causes such push-back to any attempt to regulate them.

Surtur
The 2nd amendment is never going to get repealed. That's another leftist pipe dream I'd suggest they let go of, but which I know they won't.

Nibedicus
Good old slippery slope argument.

Question. If the 2nd amendment were repealed, how much easier would it be to start banning guns one by one?

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Question. If the 2nd amendment were repealed, how much easier would it be to start banning guns one by one?

about as easy as banning cars

Emperordmb

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
about as easy as banning cars

Somehow, I doubt that.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Nibedicus

I think if the country had gotten to the point of repealing the 2nd amendment there'd like be enough push to start banning the heavier duty stuff and going down the list of whats actually sensible to have in the hands of civilians. Also without the ability to just shriek that they have the rights to any firearm they want it'd be easier to do it in general.

Ammunition control is also something to seriously think about.

Surtur

Nibedicus

Emperordmb

Surtur

Beniboybling
I agree with DMB, why not repeal both?

Emperordmb

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Surtur
Why do you want to raise the legal age though? Consider the following scenario: a 19 yr. old woman has moved into her own apartment. It is in a dangerous neighborhood and she wants to purchase a handgun. Shouldn't she be able to do so? its a woman now, soon it will be a 19 year old pensioner with cerebral palsy

Surtur

Surtur
Originally posted by Beniboybling
its a woman now, soon it will be a 19 year old pensioner with cerebral palsy

If you prefer men just say so.

Emperordmb
He actually does tbh

Nephthys

Surtur
Why the 'over-reach' these days? Have you not been following the news?

I don't see it as an extreme position, its more that the US is currently in an extreme position and the sensible course would be to right the ship through serious regulation.

https://www.atf.gov/file/11241/download

That's over 200 pages of regulations.

Beniboybling
If you prefer men just say so. https://media3.giphy.com/media/a8DfVAblirrOg/giphy.gif

Nibedicus

Emperordmb
I mean if 18 year olds can vote, be tried in a court of law as an adult, and be drafted or choose to enlist, then I think they should get all of the rights that go along with being an adult.

Nibedicus
Why the 'over-reach' these days? Have you not been following the news?

I don't see it as an extreme position, its more that the US is currently in an extreme position and the sensible course would be to right the ship through serious regulation.

There will always be tragedies. And if one wants solutions to prevent such tragedies, one tries to enter with a reasonable proposal to minimize opposition.

Overreach just puts the opposition on the defensive and makes them double down.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I mean if 18 year olds can vote, be tried in a court of law as an adult, and be drafted or choose to enlist, then I think they should get all of the rights that go along with being an adult.

You usually can't blow someones head off with a vote.

Emperordmb

Surtur

Nibedicus

Surtur

Nephthys

Emperordmb

Emperordmb
The force of law can be brought down on people who kill people without punishing the vast majority of gun owners who have never murdered someone.

Nibedicus

Emperordmb
We separate the responsible ones from the irresponsible ones with the court of law.

Nephthys

Nibedicus

Emperordmb

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Emperordmb
The force of law can be brought down on people who kill people without punishing the vast majority of gun owners who have never murdered someone. and the dead people? thoughts and prayers i guess sad

Emperordmb

Nephthys

Emperordmb
What a horrifying statement.

Robtard
Should just raise the age to 30. By 30 people are more grounded and sensible, generally speaking.

Kurk
Not all 18/21 year olds are alike in maturity. I'd like to see the driving age raised from 16 to 18 or at the very least make the driving test more difficult. I was astonished how ridiculously easy it was to obtain my license with basically no preparation before hand. I still wasn't confidently for at least 3 months after getting my license.

We need to increase our standards if anything. Not every 18 year old should have a gun ,but there are also 40 year olds who shouldn't either. If an 18 y/o serves in the army, police, Fire, EMS, etc; I'd consider them responsible/mature enough to handle a firearm.

If on the other hand you have Logan Paul...well I can't say the same.

Kurk
Fvck their liberty and property rights. What do you have to live for then?

Beniboybling
anime boobs

Nephthys
Originally posted by Kurk
What do you have to live for then?

I'm pretty sure people live just fine without the miniscule ding in their property rights that I'm suggesting. A lot of people do. You need to have a sense of perspective here, I'm not talking about taking some vital part of the human condition away, merely having people wait a few years to buy a gun. Christ.

Emperordmb

Kurk
I'll give up my guns if you also give up your alcohol. Despite the latter being statistically the 3rd leading cause of death worldwide, you'd be against it.

It's pretty obvious that you're fine with banning guns simply because UKers don't have any, so you wrongly believe you can dictate what's good for a completely different society. The same can't be said for booze.

Nephthys

Beniboybling
There is a distinct difference between an irresponsible action that puts your own health at risk, and irresponsible action that puts everyone else at risk. sick

Robtard
I think in all states one must be 21 to buy/consume alcohol.

We also did constitutionally ban alcohol outright, it was called Prohibition; it didn't work.

Kurk
I'm only concerned about your idealist proposition to ban guns outright. If you were playing god and could do so, would you ban all guns only if alcohol was included too?

Emperordmb

Nephthys
I'm only concerned about your idealist proposition to ban guns outright. If you were playing god and could do so, would you ban all guns only if alcohol was included too?

No. I would probably look into what could be done about alcohol-related incidents though. As far as I know there are a significant number of services trying to deal with it. I'd hazard a guess theres more done about alcohol than firearms in fact.

Bashar Teg
owning anything beyond pistols, shotguns, and bolt action rifles should be considered a privilege. it's not your inherent right to have an instrument of mass murder. f*ck your freedumz.

Robtard
Should just make it that the guns you're constitutionally allowed to own are the guns that were around in 18th century.

Emperordmb

Kurk
No. I would probably look into what could be done about alcohol-related incidents though. As far as I know there are a significant number of services trying to deal with it. I'd hazard a guess theres more done about alcohol than firearms in fact. Why wouldn't you though? Alcohol had never done anything good, neither have guns.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Robtard
Should just make it that the guns you're constitutionally allowed to own are the guns that were around in 18th century. laughing out loud

Beniboybling
its a worthwhile trade off yeah.

Robtard

Nephthys
Why wouldn't you though? Alcohol had never done anything good, neither have guns. http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/921/972/606.jpg

Bashar Teg
Faulty comparison. Free speech is free speech, regardless of the platform. A musket is not the same as say a full auto assault rifle.

mark zuckerberg will prove you wrong. remember that corporations are people. i think there will have to be either a repeal of 'citizens united', or there will have to be a change in the first amendment to prevent corporation-people from violating non-corporation-people (humans) with their own 'free speech'.

Surtur
Should just make it that the guns you're constitutionally allowed to own are the guns that were around in 18th century.

Neat, always wanted a cannon.

Bashar Teg

nephthys, first of his name, breaker of threads

Surtur
I think I'll mount my cannon on my car.

SquallX
Their actually were fully auto weapons in he age of the founding fathers.

Surtur
A cannon on my front porch too.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
nephthys, first of his name, breaker of threads

Get on my monitor size you phone using scrub.

Bashar Teg
i'm on a 27" 1080p and you broke me. (i don't like full-screen but you forced my hand)

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by SquallX
Their actually were fully auto weapons in he age of the founding fathers.

I asked you about this, but you never answered me.

Surtur
One funny thing is seeing the people who say they don't wanna take guns away tweet out the article by someone who wants to get rid of all semi automatic weapons and even wants to repeal the second amendment.

Even one of the anti gun Parkland survivors called it interesting. So I guess it's like "I don't wanna take all your guns, but this article by a guy who does is totally interesting. But trust me nope...don't wanna take all your guns".

What was it that other kid said in the speech? I think it was "if they give us an inch we'll take a mile".

Robtard
Neat, always wanted a cannon.

I'd be fine with people owning an 18th century cannon.

eg You'd be too weak to load the cannon ball and even then, you'd probably blow yourself up as 18th century cannons were unstable and volatile.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I asked you about this, but you never answered me.

He might be thinking of the Puckle gun, which is laughable.

SquallX

Robtard
None of those are really "full auto" with the possible exception of the Belton and that was never really put into use due to it's complexity and instability.

Darkstorm Zero

Flyattractor
If they do REPEAL this Right... The People that come to Confiscate the Guns should not be Hypocrites and thus not be Protected by them.

Prove their own convictions and for once. NOT BE HYPOCRITES.

dadudemon
eg You'd be too weak to load the cannon ball and even then, you'd probably blow yourself up as 18th century cannons were unstable and volatile.

haermm

Flyattractor
18 Century Cannons Saved More Lives then they took.

Learn Your Facts and History you Silly Fascists.

BackFire
There is zero chance that the second amendment would get repealed. The shitstorm it would cause would be unprecedented in modern times.

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire
There is zero chance that the second amendment would get repealed. The shitstorm it would cause would be unprecedented in modern times.

^ Pretty much this.

For the 2nd to even have a chance of being stripped away, some terrorist (if Brown/Black and or Muslim) or disgruntled lone-wolf with mental problems (if White and non-Muslim) would have to shoot up a school filled with the children of high ranking politicians, captains of industry and top-tier corporate heads. Then; only then would strict gun regulation be passed.

Silent Master
They mostly go to private schools that have some serious security.

Robtard
Exactly, so you should really stop shitting yourself over your guns being taken away. Minor things might happen, like banning bumpstocks and maybe certain types of ammo, with suitable alternatives still being legal. But your precious guns by-and-large are safe. Believe me.

Silent Master
Calm down, you're letting your emotions get away from you.

Robtard
lulface

Nephthys
Well I remain hopeful that a sufficient enough blue wave could lead to common sense gun laws being implemented and then a slow and steady road to full regulation.

Silent Master
Depends on what you consider common sense.

Kurk
Well I remain hopeful that a sufficient enough blue wave could lead to common sense gun laws being implemented and then a slow and steady road to full regulation. So is it full regulation or a straight up ban? Make up your mind, Neph.

Robtard
He's pragmatic, while he'd love a full on ban, he understands that at best we'd get here in the US is heavy regulation in regards to guns and even then that's still a pipe-dream at this point in time. Nothing much changed after Sandy Hook and we had a Dem in office. Nothing much is going to change now.

Kurk
I'm just baffled though. Neph says he's a teetotaler like myself, yet is against the outright ban of alcohol. He also isn't a gun guy, and supports banning all guns.

I don't understand how he can be for banning only one of two things that cause death and suffering despite the banning of both alcohol and guns making no impact on his personal life.

Silent Master
So is it full regulation or a straight up ban? Make up your mind, Neph.

He wants all guns to be banned, he's just applying the boiling frog principle.

Robtard
I'm just baffled though. Neph says he's a teetotaler like myself, yet is against the outright ban of alcohol. He also isn't a gun guy, and supports banning all guns.

I don't understand how he can be for banning only one of two things that cause death and suffering despite the banning of both alcohol and guns making no impact on his personal life. Already explained, Prohibition does not work, at least in Western countries. The US tried it for 13-odd years; it ultimately failed and organized crime thrived off it. It also in an offhand way gave the us NASCAR and that's a giant pile of shit that White thrash sister-bangers enjoy because they only have the attention span to watch a car go around a stupid oval track. FFS, if you like watching cars go fast, watch a world rally or Le Mans you hillbilly losers. I digress.

I doubt it'd work in the UK where he lives; those guys are a bunch of boozers.

Nephthys
I don't drink because it's expensive and I hate the taste.

He's pragmatic, while he'd love a full on ban, he understands that at best we'd get here in the US is heavy regulation in regards to guns and even then that's still a pipe-dream at this point in time. Nothing much changed after Sandy Hook and we had a Dem in office. Nothing much is going to change now.

yes

Silent Master
What specific regulations do you want?

SquallX

Surtur
Originally posted by Silent Master
Calm down, you're letting your emotions get away from you.

Leftists have nothing *but* their feelings when it comes to guns.

Nephthys
What specific regulations do you want?

A 21 age restriction, background checks, mental health restrictions, ammunition control, the equivalent of a driving test and license in order to own a gun, a ban on semi-automatics, a ban on 3d printing guns, storing a gun and ammunition separately and probably more.

Surtur
Nah, f*ck your age restrictions. Take that shit elsewhere.

Nephthys
Sadly we can't restrict mental age or you'd never qualify.

Surtur

Neat, nor would most leftists in the country.

Silent Master
1) Why 21?

2)We already have background checks.

3)Can you be more specific on what do you mean by ammunition control and mental health restrictions?

4) You're aware that almost all guns currently on the market are semi-auto, right?

5) How would you implement and enforce storing guns and ammo separately.

Robtard

laughing out loud

Darkstorm Zero

Surtur
laughing out loud

Shake those pom poms kiddo thumb up

Surtur
Sorry, but no amount of assumption will change the definition of a weapon. I didn't even argue about the constitution at all in this exchange, I merely pointed out that none of the weapons you pointed to were in fact automatic weapons, nor were they a consideration when the Constitution nor the 2nd amendment was in fact made.

I never called them imbeciles, I never even insinuated as such, but I am also realistic enough to know they do not possess the gift of future sight. Nobody does.

Assumption maybe can't change the definition, but feelings can.

After all, feelings can change the definition of male and female. We live in a magical place bro.

Robtard
Shake those pom poms kiddo thumb up

^ Trid'g by the laughing emote.

Did you also freak out when DDM did it?

Surtur
^ Trid'g by the laughing emote.

Did you also freak out when DDM did it?

Hmm? Not triggered. I was merely making a comment implying you were his cheerleader.

Do better.

Darkstorm Zero
Assumption maybe can't change the definition, but feelings can.

After all, feelings can change the definition of male and female. We live in a magical place bro.

https://i.imgur.com/LvV6MhV.gif

Why are you replying to me? I mean none of this has anything to do with anything I have said.

Surtur

https://i.imgur.com/LvV6MhV.gif

Why are you replying to me? I mean none of this has anything to do with anything I have said.

Cuz I can.

Darkstorm Zero
Cuz I can.

Surt...

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/73663097/its-time-to-stop-posting.jpg

Nephthys
1) Why 21?

2)We already have background checks.

3)Can you be more specific on what do you mean by ammunition control and mental health restrictions?

4) You're aware that almost all guns currently on the market are semi-auto, right?

5) How would you implement and enforce storing guns and ammo separately.

If you think I want to debate this with you, you're mistaken.

Robtard
Surt...

Remove that wedding ring and you have no idea just how accurate that pic is in regards to Surt. Well played, if intentional. laughing out loud

Surtur
Surt...

Time to stop whining kiddo.

Kurk
Already explained, Prohibition does not work, at least in Western countries. The US tried it for 13-odd years; it ultimately failed and organized crime thrived off it. It also in an offhand way gave the us NASCAR and that's a giant pile of shit that White thrash sister-bangers enjoy because they only have the attention span to watch a car go around a stupid oval track. FFS, if you like watching cars go fast, watch a world rally or Le Mans you hillbilly losers. I digress.

I doubt it'd work in the UK where he lives; those guys are a bunch of boozers. I'll get to that in a moment, but right now I'm only focusing on the ideals. Regardless of how an alcohol & gun ban would work in practice, I'm only questioning why in a perfect world one would choose to ban one detrimental thing but not the other, when both don't contribute positively to society.

Surtur
I'll get to that in a moment, but right now I'm only focusing on the ideals. Regardless of how an alcohol & gun ban would work in practice, I'm only questioning why in a perfect world one would choose to ban one detrimental thing but not the other, when both don't contribute positively to society.

You might as well ask why some leftists want to ban rifles when it is handguns that do the vast majority of gun murders.

Surtur

BackFire
You've convinced me. We should ban all guns and alcohol.

Darkstorm Zero
Time to stop whining kiddo.

Who's whining? Am I not allowed to be confused early in the morning when I have to read the most nonsensical several bong toke induced posts like yours out of nowhere? I mean FA does enough of that shit when he's baked out of his mind on the top 5 most illicit of the drugs.

https://i.imgur.com/QFmw4aV.jpg

Silent Master
If you think I want to debate this with you, you're mistaken.

IOW, they are just talking points and not something you've actually put thought into.

Thank you for being honest.

Surtur
Who's whining? Am I not allowed to be confused early in the morning when I have to read the most nonsensical several bong toke induced posts like yours out of nowhere? I mean FA does enough of that shit when he's baked out of his mind on the top 5 most illicit of the drugs.

https://i.imgur.com/QFmw4aV.jpg

No, you aren't allowed to do that.

Darkstorm Zero
No, you aren't allowed to do that.

I disagree.

Surtur
I disagree.

Geez bro u on drugs? "Am I not allowed to be confused yada yada".

I'm telling you that you ain't allowed.

Darkstorm Zero
Geez bro u on drugs? "Am I not allowed to be confused yada yada".

I'm telling you that you ain't allowed.

And I will calmly and precisely tell you to go F**k yourself if you tried. Because dude, you were confusing, you were spreading the fairy dust, you were toking the bong when you came out of nowhere with nonsense. In other words, you pulled what your green text spewing friend does all the time - being incredibly dumb while thinking you're being funny. It failed. Nobody laughed but you. And here's a protip, laughing at your own humor alone is just..... really sad.

BackFire
Surt like to roleplay as a mod sometimes, saying what he'll allow and what he won't allow. It's a cute game.

Robtard
Surt like to roleplay as a mod sometimes, saying what he'll allow and what he won't allow. It's a cute game.

LoLz, because it's true

Surtur
And I will calmly and precisely tell you to go F**k yourself if you tried. Because dude, you were confusing, you were spreading the fairy dust, you were toking the bong when you came out of nowhere with nonsense. In other words, you pulled what your green text spewing friend does all the time - being incredibly dumb while thinking you're being funny. It failed. Nobody laughed but you. And here's a protip, laughing at your own humor alone is just..... really sad.

LOL you got very very triggered over that. Get over it.

Darkstorm Zero
LOL you got very very triggered over that. Get over it.

You apparently can't tell the difference between confusion and anger...... Wow, you need to put that bong down bro. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Surtur

Is it cute when Rob does it, or just me?

BackFire

Nothing Rob does is cute.

Surtur
You apparently can't tell the difference between confusion and anger...... Wow, you need to put that bong down bro. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Still triggered? Get over it.

Robtard

Stop whining, sport

Surtur
Nothing Rob does is cute.

True.

Surtur
Stop whining, sport

^Trig'd over a question.

Darkstorm Zero
Still triggered? Get over it.

https://pics.me.me/nope-im-going-back-to-bed-5823705.png

I seriously cannot deal with blatant stupidity from people I once respected. If you can't stop the useless internet chest beating and talk to me like I'm a human being then I have no more time for you Surter. I'm not like Rob or bashy, I don't come here for the shits and giggles, I don't come here for the trolling. I was actually having a serious, yet good discussion with Squall and SM, but you with your stupidity ****ing ruined it. So yes, NOW I am triggered, because you have not the brains to talk to me like a person.

Surtur

https://pics.me.me/nope-im-going-back-to-bed-5823705.png

I seriously cannot deal with blatant stupidity from people I once respected. If you can't stop the useless internet chest beating and talk to me like I'm a human being then I have no more time for you Surter. I'm not like Rob or bashy, I don't come here for the shits and giggles, I don't come here for the trolling. I was actually having a serious, yet good discussion with Squall and SM, but you with your stupidity ****ing ruined it. So yes, NOW I am triggered, because you have not the brains to talk to me like a person.

Dude, I was shit posting. And you say you aren't angry but you're pulling this "I can't deal with this!" shit lol.

Chill out, I didn't mean to raise your blood pressure.

Surtur

Robtard
Dude, I was shit posting. And you say you aren't angry but you're pulling this "I can't deal with this!" shit lol.

Chill out, I didn't mean to raise your blood pressure. That's right, make it all about him and his shortcomings, never you. Good job, sport.

Surtur
That's right, make it all about him and his shortcomings, never you. Good job, sport.

Pot, kettle, etc.

Do better kid.

Robtard
I have nothing to do with your eRelationship with DZ, sport.

Darkstorm Zero

Chill out, I didn't mean to raise your blood pressure.

Yeah, because that's productive..... I wasn't angry before, but I am now, and why should I not be? You interrupted a productive conversation so you could shitpost?

zP1fMJXwEtY

Surtur
I have nothing to do with your eRelationship with DZ, sport.

Kiddo, that was just about your comment about someone always making it about someone else and never themselves.

Surtur
Yeah, because that's productive..... I wasn't angry before, but I am now, and why should I not be? You interrupted a productive conversation so you could shitpost?

zP1fMJXwEtY

Lol, I just don't take your anger seriously. I have never seen you whine at one of your leftist pals when they pull this shit.

So sorry, I just don't.

Robtard
Everything has to be some 'Right vs Left' thing to you, sport. Grow up.

Surtur
Everything has to be some 'Right vs Left' thing to you, sport. Grow up.

Another pot kettle black moment lol.

And if I have to spell it out for you as to why: it's you telling someone else to grow up.

Darkstorm Zero
Lol, I just don't take your anger seriously. I have never seen you whine at one of your leftist pals when they pull this shit.

So sorry, I just don't.

Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen Surt. I actually talk to bash and Rob in PMs, and if I have something to say to them, I do it there, because I'm friends with them.

Here's a little history lesson - I wasn't ALWAYS friends with them either. Bash Rob and Sadako I got into it with WAAAAY back in Movie VS. I was on their naughty list for a while. I didn't care about that, because I knew in the end, they were taking the piss out of VS as much as anyone. The whole Bruce Willis thing. Lol.

That being said, there is a time and a place for shitposting. You and I were not on odds here, but you decided to turn my actual conversation with someone else into your little soap opera and f**king ruined it. Now, I dunno about you, but where I'm from, that is unbelievably rude.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>