Azrael vs Iron Fist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermutant
https://pm1.narvii.com/6547/205f5ef6112d5717950a3713cac118e386119758_hq.jpg

vs

https://cdnx.kincir.com/old/2017/agustus/marvel-legacy-avengers-era-1-juta-sebelum-masehi/foto-5.jpg

Standard equipment fight on the streets of Hell's Kitchen.

Zack M
Probably IF 6/10. IF really needs to go all out to win, though.

Can't wait for JPV to go cosmic. He's getting a new suit, too. Darkseid and Jean Paul Valley on the same team?

https://i.imgur.com/tdcuEq6.jpg

riv6672
Havent seen JPV since waaaay back in the 90s, didnt even know he was still around.

But yeah, IF after a good fight.

Supermutant
JPV has some good feats. He is very capable of at least getting a split here.

Zack M
I think so, too. JPV was able to stand up against Cassandra and Batwoman at the same time. Batman said that he was unlikely to beat Cassandra.

riv6672
Unlikely or likely?

cdtm
Originally posted by riv6672
Unlikely or likely?

If he's thinking of the scene I'm thinking of, Batman and Cass had a little "heart to heart" where they substituted fighting for words. It was in no way a serious fight.

Afterwards, Oracle asked him what would happen if they fought for real, and Batman responds matter of factly: "I'd lose".

There's a scan floating around somewhere of the scene..

riv6672
Okay, that clears things up for me. thumb up

BruceSkywalker
JPV gets fisted

Zack M
Originally posted by cdtm
If he's thinking of the scene I'm thinking of, Batman and Cass had a little "heart to heart" where they substituted fighting for words. It was in no way a serious fight.

Afterwards, Oracle asked him what would happen if they fought for real, and Batman responds matter of factly: "I'd lose".

There's a scan floating around somewhere of the scene..

Different scene. I'm talking about the League of Shadows arc. Batman didn't feel so confident about facing off against Cassandra.

Later, Batman also got owned by Lady Shiva.

cdtm
Originally posted by riv6672
Havent seen JPV since waaaay back in the 90s, didnt even know he was still around.

But yeah, IF after a good fight.

If Zack is actually edging out the Marvel Guy, it probably isn't a very close fight. stick out tongue

Vanguard
The Iron Fist

cdtm
Cue "it's feats" for Azrael, "PIS" for Danny usual double standards.

Because Iron Fist hasn't been racking up impressive feats since the 1970's.

leonidas
If Zack is actually edging out the Marvel Guy, it probably isn't a very close fight.

thumb up

Senor Cage
If Zack is actually edging out the Marvel Guy, it probably isn't a very close fight. stick out tongue

The way JPV is being treated lately? Yeah, it would be one hell of a matchup. His swords can make it a one-shot, if they actually connect. JPV is >>> Cassandra Cain/Batman.

If we use Lane, I'd see Michael winning. Suit of Sorrows would be too much.

cdtm
Iron Fist is >>> Batman and Cassandra Cain, too.

The ability to move as fast as Daredevil, and hit as hard as Thing is pretty underrated. I mean, a Cap vs Danny match should look like this:

Cap: *Throws punch*

Danny: *Throws punch at same time*

Danny wins.

You can't really attack and evade at the same time, is my point. It's like Ryu's Dragon Punch in Street Fighter: It has priority over EVERYTHING that isn't adamantium claws.

And the thing is, counter punching is something he's done in canon.

It's not just something I'm making up, he's used the Iron Fist to blast right through lesser attacks, and even used it to defend against sword strikes and such.

It's called "counter punching". Any Martial Artist on Shang Chi's level with such an attack would be unbeatable, if they fought defensively. It would be like trying to fight someone who, at a single touch, can suck out your soul. Like Stormbringer, from Michael Moorecocks Elric saga.

Vanguard
Originally posted by Senor Cage
The way JPV is being treated lately? Yeah, it would be one hell of a matchup. His swords can make it a one-shot, if they actually connect. JPV is >>> Cassandra Cain/Batman.

If we use Lane, I'd see Michael winning. Suit of Sorrows would be too much.

Yea but Danny is >>> Cassandra Cain/Batman.

Senor Cage
Originally posted by Vanguard
Yea but Danny is >>> Cassandra Cain/Batman.

Batgod would beat any street. stick out tongue

Senor Cage
Iron Fist is >>> Batman and Cassandra Cain, too.

The ability to move as fast as Daredevil, and hit as hard as Thing is pretty underrated. I mean, a Cap vs Danny match should look like this:

Cap: *Throws punch*

Danny: *Throws punch at same time*

Danny wins.

You can't really attack and evade at the same time, is my point. It's like Ryu's Dragon Punch in Street Fighter: It has priority over EVERYTHING that isn't adamantium claws.

And the thing is, counter punching is something he's done in canon.

It's not just something I'm making up, he's used the Iron Fist to blast right through lesser attacks, and even used it to defend against sword strikes and such.

It's called "counter punching". Any Martial Artist on Shang Chi's level with such an attack would be unbeatable, if they fought defensively. It would be like trying to fight someone who, at a single touch, can suck out your soul. Like Stormbringer, from Michael Moorecocks Elric saga.

Az's swords can basically absorb energy. I wouldn't be surprised if they can cancel out his chi attacks.

cdtm
Maybe it could.

Danny's fought against swords that can beat him. As far back as Marvel Premier, in fact, where he first appeared.

He was skilled enough to catch the sword on the flat side, with one hand, mid swing. No chi protection.

cdtm
Maybe it could.

Danny's fought against swords that can beat him. As far back as Marvel Premier, in fact, where he first appeared.

He was skilled enough to catch the sword on the flat side, with one hand, mid swing. No chi protection.

Danny also doesn't need to meet him head on. Back in his first team up with Luke, he thought he was going to kill someone, and forced his punch to veer off. He struck the air. The shockwave knocked down his opponent.

And half a dozen other in the room.

And Luke Cage, on the other side of the room.

Vanguard
Maybe it could.

Danny also doesn't need to meet him head on. Back in his first team up with Luke, he thought he was going to kill someone, and forced his punch to veer off. He struck the air. The shockwave knocked down his opponent.

You know more about IF than I do, dood.

Senor Cage
Maybe it could.

Yeah, but if IF touches the sword, it will just play mind games with him that's what happened with Bane.

cdtm
Mind games, how?

For the record, the ninja I mentioned was fighting him in another plane, where physics were wonky. Up was down, down was sideways, ect. They were essentially floating in a void like the end of 2001: Space Odyssey.

And he managed to cope and fight.

Senor Cage
Mind games, how?

For the record, the ninja I mentioned was fighting him in another plane, where physics were wonky. Up was down, down was sideways, ect. They were essentially floating in a void like the end of 2001: Space Odyssey.

And he managed to cope and fight.

He has a way to manipulate the mind, by a simple touch. He did it to Drake, too.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/comic-book-preview-1988/preview-batman-and-robin-eternal-10-1753331/

cdtm
He has a way to manipulate the mind, by a simple touch. He did it to Drake, too.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/comic-book-preview-1988/preview-batman-and-robin-eternal-10-1753331/

The Iron Fist allows the same. Only more direct.

He untangled Colleen Wing from sorcerer Master Khan's mind whammy (Very powerful, he altered Super Skrulls body and memories to appear as a shape shifting kid who becomes a muscle-man hero, ala Captain Marvel), so odds are he can resist it.

Assuming the Iron Fist doesn't simply negate the effect. A charged hand has blocked many effects, such as a literal "touch of death" from another master martial artist.

Senor Cage
It's not the exact same way. I think Azraels is through straight up tech.

cdtm
I have a response for that, too. smile

Remender's Thunderbolts had Osborn brainwash him with tech. Sent him to kill Cage.

Simply channeling the Iron Fist in his murder attempts reversed it.

Senor Cage
Danny would likely be one-shotted before he can reverse it. Remember, Az is one of the most skilled streets now and his stock will likely rise during Justice League Oddysey.

cdtm
Shang Chi is one or the most skilled streets. Danny held his own, without using the Iron Fist.

Captain America couldn't one shot him, even though he was exausted from fighting the Wrecking Crew, and trying to get his help (So taking him down wouldn't be in his self interest. Meanwhile, Cap assumed he was fighting a murderer.)

Senor Cage
Shang Chi is one or the most skilled streets. Danny held his own, without using the Iron Fist.

Captain America couldn't one shot him, even though he was exausted from fighting the Wrecking Crew, and trying to get his help (So taking him down wouldn't be in his self interest. Meanwhile, Cap assumed he was fighting a murderer.)

Not by force, but through the swords. Those are Az's trump card. Not only can it negate energy, it can bring the toughest down, from Bane to Nightwing and Batman.

cdtm
Bane caught it, so it won't cut off Danny's hand. Even if it negates a charged fist.

And negating one fist won't negate his entire chi. Just the hand. He can reignite it.

What kind of energy has it negated?

And has it ever soaked up an area attack? Sonic waves?

What will he do, if Danny simply nukes the arena?

Or if he chooses to drain his life force from a distance, as he has the ability to (As of the Living Weapon series.)

Senor Cage
Bane caught it, so it won't cut off Danny's hand. Even if it negates a charged fist.

And negating one fist won't negate his entire chi. Just the hand. He can reignite it.

What kind of energy has it negated?

And has it ever soaked up an area attack? Sonic waves?

What will he do, if Danny simply nukes the arena?

Or if he chooses to drain his life force from a distance, as he has the ability to (As of the Living Weapon series.)

He wasn't trying to kill him, though. His swords can negate the heat of the sun, which Fireball blasted him with. Danny's Chi won't be doing anything to Azrael. He's the perfect assassin, here.

Senor Cage
Azrael explains the Suit of Sorrows, which makes him extremely durable. This training was designed to stump even Batman, but Azrael basically breezes through it.

https://i.imgur.com/y5eW4hJ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/kaAowt0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/FdAJFIn.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/4KqEF9s.jpg

The suit interfaces with my nervous system. It tells me where to strike the perfect blow.

Vanguard

The suit interfaces with my nervous system. It tells me where to strike the perfect blow.

I like Azrael man. I even like his costume. But I still can't say he'd beat IF. Rand can kind of adjust his powers depending on the situation.

And hth there aren't too many anywhere on his level. Azrael knowing where to strike won't help him, if Danny drops him before he has a chance to apply that. Iron Fist has that power too btw.

Senor Cage
Originally posted by Vanguard
I like Azrael man. I even like his costume. But I still can't say he'd beat IF. Rand can kind of adjust his powers depending on the situation.

And hth there aren't too many anywhere on his level. Azrael knowing where to strike won't help him, if Danny drops him before he has a chance to apply that. Iron Fist has that power too btw.

Well, you need to remember that the Suit of Sorrows gives the user the skills of the past wearers (Which are hundreds), which includes Batman. Iron Fist isn't more skilled in HTH than Batman. This is probably why Azrael was able to take on Cassandra Cain and Batwoman at the same time.

cdtm
Book of the Iron Fist upgraded Danny's skills, to include all past Iron Fist's.

Batman isn't even the most skilled in the Bat family, let alone in comics.

I'd rate Danny up there with Shiva and Richard Dragon. Shang Chi is close to Marvel's equivilent, and Danny is only a hair below his skill level. If even.

He DID defeat Shen Kuei, who gave Shang all sorts of trouble back in the day.

Senor Cage
Book of the Iron Fist upgraded Danny's skills, to include all past Iron Fist's.

Batman isn't even the most skilled in the Bat family, let alone in comics.

I'd rate Danny up there with Shiva and Richard Dragon. Shang Chi is close to Marvel's equivilent, and Danny is only a hair below his skill level. If even.

He DID defeat Shen Kuei, who gave Shang all sorts of trouble back in the day.

I agree, but his high end feats stomp all over Danny's, like stalemating Three boot Karate Kid.

In current continuity, Cassandra Cain is the most skilled, but that didn't stop Azrael from nearly killing her. And Cain is up there with Shiva. A tad lower, imo.

cdtm
Threeboot Val was very inconsistent. Current Val absolutely destroyed Batman,
and he wasn't even in his right mind.

Not to mention, one of Danny's high ends include knocking out Bres, someone who was manhandling Thor and soloing the Avengers, who resorted to weakness exploitation (He's vulnerable to Iron, so Shulk threw Iron Man at him. smile )

Senor Cage
Threeboot Val was very inconsistent. Current Val absolutely destroyed Batman,
and he wasn't even in his right mind.

Not to mention, one of Danny's high ends include knocking out Bres, someone who was manhandling Thor and soloing the Avengers, who resorted to weakness exploitation (He's vulnerable to Iron, so Shulk threw Iron Man at him. smile )

He wasn't that inconsistent. He lost to someone who read his mind, but that's it. He manhandled ultra and colossal boy. He also blew a hole out of that alien who was wrecking some of the Legion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.