Governors?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mendax
I know governors in SW obviously ruled over entire planets, but what sort of power did that give them within the Empire?

Like, if Tarkin, Thrawn, or vader went to a governor's world, could they take command or is the governor's rule on their world absolute?

cs_zoltan
Considering how Pryce was Thrawn's b-itch, I assume they can.

Kurk
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Considering how Pryce was Thrawn's b-itch, I assume they can.
thumb up

Zentrex
yep

Galan007
Of course Tarkin/Vader/Thrawn could usurp control from a Governor... They held absolute authority in nearly *any* setting, tbh. Barring the aforementioned 'Imperial Triumvirate', however, it was just dependent on the particular planet's standing within the Empire.

For example, if the planet in question was considered a FULL military zone, then standard Admirals held authority =/> the Governor of that particular system. But if said planet wasn't considered a FULL military zone, then not even Admirals held direct authority over its Governor.

That said, if indeed the system held FULL military status(which is a status that most planets wanted, thanks to the 'perks' that came with it), then the Governor wielded substantial military power as a corollary(*see Pryce on Lothal*.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.