Sheev's supremacy debunked.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AncientPower
The New Essential Chronology is an in-universe source.

This is from a strictly Canon source that was later republished with a TFA section added on under the Disney Canon banner.

A character POV.

An interview with Jamy Wheless, the Lead Animator of ROTS. Thus, this is exclusively relevant to ROTS.

This is from a biographical segment of a one-off magazine that deals strictly with Vader's POV.

From a children's book that only refers to the 3D re-release of TPM.

This seems to be referring to political power as the entire section talks about his desire for that. It could be interpreted either way though, I suppose.

Are there any actual, legitimate sources that declare him Sith GOAT?

NewGuy01
Originally posted by AncientPower

An interview with Jamy Wheless, the Lead Animator of ROTS. Thus, this is exclusively relevant to ROTS.

laughing What the ****?

AncientPower
It's very clearly a ROTS movie only interview, if you check it. It's not taking into account anything else.

The Merchant
Dude stop

SunRazer
None of these make the quotes wrong, only fallible. But the multitude of them and the span of time, authors and works involved negates any reliability issue anyway.

AncientPower
Then there's this from Leland Chee, which destroys the entire notion itself.

AncientPower
Originally posted by SunRazer
None of these make the quotes wrong, only fallible. But the multitude of them and the span of time, authors and works involved negates any reliability issue anyway.

Yet they're presented as infallible and have been for years.

S_W_LeGenD
That admission from Leland Chee is indeed something. Thanks for the share.

Freedon Nadd
You have taken them from my Comic Vine Darth Sidious Disrespect Thread. Happy Dance

Selenial
So, you who just posted a post claiming a rando on a junk station, and Jolee Bindo debunk be Malak > Kun quote because Karpyshyn admits it was his authorial intent.... are dismissing the Death Star quote as character POV?

Your double standards are legitimately disgusting lmao

ILS
TOPKEK.

ILS
The New Essential Chronology is an in-universe source.

A character POV.

Are there any actual, legitimate sources that declare him Sith GOAT?
About as objective as it can get.

Then there's I, Jedi:

Not only does Corran Horn know how powerful Luke is, in fact he makes it clearer than ever that he's more powerful than he'd ever been. (Something Jedi Academy has echoed.) Corran also confirms that he couldn't imagine anyone being more powerful than Luke. Going as far as to attempt to rationalise that Kun blocking the Force senses of every single Jedi in the academy, including Luke's, as something he just had an affinity for. As opposed to the alternative. Yet he then accepts that they were just more powerful than him

This made my morning.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Selenial
So, you who just posted a post claiming a rando on a junk station, and Jolee Bindo debunk be Malak > Kun quote because Karpyshyn admits it was his authorial intent.... are dismissing the Death Star quote as character POV?

Your double standards are legitimately disgusting lmao

Way to miss the point of that thread. laughing out loud

Originally posted by ILS
This made my morning.

We've got an entire trilogy depicting the very events Horn is referring to. But nice false equivalency.

ILS
You should post something other than opinions then, eh?

AncientPower
You should probably consider that there's an objective quote stating that Exar Kun was as powerful as anything Luke had faced. I, Jedi just serves to shit on the old 'Kyp had all the power' lowballing that people used against Kun's feats against Luke despite other quotes having already stated otherwise.

cs_zoltan
https://media.giphy.com/media/l4Ki2obCyAQS5WhFe/giphy.gif

MythLord
"With the galaxy now ripe for conquest, the Emperor has become the most powerful Sith Lord of all and a master of the Dark Side of the Force, ordering the extermination of the Jedi Order with the aid of his apprentice, the deadly Darth Vader."
-- Legends Epic Collection: The Empire Volume 1
"Yoda was a master at masking his emotions, but not even he could hide them from the greatest Sith Lord ever known."
-- Clone Wars: Wild Space
"Their clash transcended the personal; when new lightning blazed, it was not Palpatine burning Yoda with his hate, it was the Lord of all Sith scorching the Master of all Jedi into a smoldering huddle of clothing and green flesh."
-- RotS novel

I mean, even if you "debunk" all of them and prove they aren't 100% concrete, there's still so many of them, across so many sources and so many eras of Star Wars writing that they are obviously pointing to a certain theme. That theme being: Palpatine is the MVP.

Selenial

MythLord
laughing

cs_zoltan
@Sel AP should make a decent thread as an april's fool prank.

PS: F-uck your unquotable apostrophes.

The Ellimist
"Darth Bandon, who had far surpassed Exar Kun in power, could not hold a candle to a teenage Mara Jade, let alone Darth Sidious, the most powerful Sith Lord in galactic history by both Force power and combative ability" - Leland Chee's Ultimate Legends Sourcebook

Selenial

Nephthys
Surprised people like Thor so much.

FreshestSlice
Since Sidious is no longer supreme, I guess we have a lot of reason to take Kun's quotes placing him close to DE Sidious seriously again. That really means nothing.

One Big Mob
I agree that the Sidious quotes where he's the greatest should only apply to characters that exist at the time, as opposed to the characters that retroactively existed at the time.

Otherwise it writes them into a corner and they can never surpass Sidious no matter what they do. Character destroys another galaxy? Sub Sidious level.

The issue is, no one has actually written a Sith above Sidious yet. So even if his claims were faulty (which the reasons in this thread are the most pathetic shit ever), who is actually written higher than Sidious? There's only one who comes close and he's not Exar Kunt.

Ancient Power seems like this forum's Carver9

MythLord
Originally posted by The Ellimist
"Darth Bandon, who had far surpassed Exar Kun in power, could not hold a candle to a teenage Mara Jade, let alone Darth Sidious, the most powerful Sith Lord in galactic history by both Force power and combative ability" - Leland Chee's Ultimate Legends Sourcebook

Looks legit.

Unbowed

"Leeland Chee is a ****** **********." - George Lucas, Rolling Stone interview, 2009

Zentrex
Originally posted by One Big Mob
I agree that the Sidious quotes where he's the greatest should only apply to characters that exist at the time, as opposed to the characters that retroactively existed at the time.

Otherwise it writes them into a corner and they can never surpass Sidious no matter what they do. Character destroys another galaxy? Sub Sidious level.

The issue is, no one has actually written a Sith above Sidious yet. So even if his claims were faulty (which the reasons in this thread are the most pathetic shit ever), who is actually written higher than Sidious? There's only one who comes close and he's not Exar Kunt.

Ancient Power seems like this forum's Carver9

And I hope there never is a sith introduced who is more powerful than Darth Sidious. I understand the star wars universe can expand quite greatly and do things which seem stupid at first but then become intrinsic parts of the lore. But the main story of star wars, in my opinion, shouldn't be insulted like that.

Thus, I have no problem with them writing themselves into that limitation, because I'd be glad to never see a non-god darksider more powerful than Sidious.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Zentrex
And I hope there never is a sith introduced who is more powerful than Darth Sidious. I understand the star wars universe can expand quite greatly and do things which seem stupid at first but then become intrinsic parts of the lore. But the main story of star wars, in my opinion, shouldn't be insulted like that.

Thus, I have no problem with them writing themselves into that limitation, because I'd be glad to never see a non-god darksider more powerful than Sidious. I'm not saying that I want more to be introduced, I'm just saying that it doesn't make sense for statements to apply retroactively to characters introduced after that statement.

Sheev should be more powerful based on what he's done, not because a statement was made 2 years before the character was created. Unless that statement can directly correlate in some way or another.

If a writer wants to create some shitty nonsense character more powerful, the avenue should be there. Darth Omnipotent exists for a story and destroys a different galaxy for example, before dying from choking on a piece of corn. As dumb as that sounds, the option should be open (though handled with more tact), and the statement shouldn't apply to him. Otherwise you get into even worse scaling arguments.

That being said, it is refreshing to see Sheev being the top Sith Puppy still. Other "universes" like to shit all over the prior lore in an effort to one up or just piss off everyone (A little black girl is now way smarter than Reed Richards and Dr Doom for example).

Hell, Sheev still continues to rack up feats and he died a few decades ago.

Freedon Nadd

Thus, I have no problem with them writing themselves into that limitation, because I'd be glad to never see a non-god darksider more powerful than Sidious.

So you like the taste of Sheev's balls and his salty semen?

Freedon Nadd
I'm not saying that I want more to be introduced, I'm just saying that it doesn't make sense for statements to apply retroactively to characters introduced after that statement.

Sheev should be more powerful based on what he's done, not because a statement was made 2 years before the character was created. Unless that statement can directly correlate in some way or another.

If a writer wants to create some shitty nonsense character more powerful, the avenue should be there. Darth Omnipotent exists for a story and destroys a different galaxy for example, before dying from choking on a piece of corn. As dumb as that sounds, the option should be open (though handled with more tact), and the statement shouldn't apply to him. Otherwise you get into even worse scaling arguments.

That being said, it is refreshing to see Sheev being the top Sith Puppy still. Other "universes" like to shit all over the prior lore in an effort to one up or just piss off everyone (A little black girl is now way smarter than Reed Richards and Dr Doom for example).

Darth Sidious is nonsense in terms of feats.

Freedon Nadd

Although it is a statement. It is also retarded. Therefore Lee is retarded. Or he did it for Sheev's balls.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by MythLord
"With the galaxy now ripe for conquest, the Emperor has become the most powerful Sith Lord of all and a master of the Dark Side of the Force, ordering the extermination of the Jedi Order with the aid of his apprentice, the deadly Darth Vader."
"Yoda was a master at masking his emotions, but not even he could hide them from the greatest Sith Lord ever known."
"Their clash transcended the personal; when new lightning blazed, it was not Palpatine burning Yoda with his hate, it was the Lord of all Sith scorching the Master of all Jedi into a smoldering huddle of clothing and green flesh."
-- RotS novel

I mean, even if you "debunk" all of them and prove they aren't 100% concrete, there's still so many of them, across so many sources and so many eras of Star Wars writing that they are obviously pointing to a certain theme. That theme being: Palpatine is the MVP.

Because Star Wars is about Luke, Anakin, Yoda and Palpatine? Even the EU. If some high ranking authority were to say openly that X>these characters. Then, they'd be more important than Lucas' characters.

The Ellimist
I'm not saying that I want more to be introduced, I'm just saying that it doesn't make sense for statements to apply retroactively to characters introduced after that statement.

Well, in the case of Sidious's accolades I think that their relevance doesn't end when new characters are added because the position of Sidious as the top is thematically relevant regardless of exactly which set of characters from past eras have been described. (Also what would be the point of such accolades if they get called into question as soon as someone publishes a book a few months later?)

AncientPower

Which doesn't at all imply that this refers to all of history.

Greatest =! Most powerful

More importantly, this was a novel set in TCW's TV canon, it has no bearing on what was formerly C-canon.

-- RotS novel

None of this says Sheev is the most powerful Sith Lord ever or of all-time. erm

I don't care if you think that there's a 'certain theme'.

AncientPower
@Sel, as opposed to you, something who's ass got ripped so far open that it can't spew anything but sh!t.

Go back to alcoholics anonymous already.

The Ellimist

Freedon Nadd
AP already debunked these.

Freedon Nadd
Well, in the case of Sidious's accolades I think that their relevance doesn't end when new characters are added because the position of Sidious as the top is thematically relevant regardless of exactly which set of characters from past eras have been described. (Also what would be the point of such accolades if they get called into question as soon as someone publishes a book a few months later?)

This is the specific version of why writers keep sucking up Lucas' characters' balls.

AncientPower
Ell, did you even read the OP? laughing out loud

One Big Mob
Well, in the case of Sidious's accolades I think that their relevance doesn't end when new characters are added because the position of Sidious as the top is thematically relevant regardless of exactly which set of characters from past eras have been described. (Also what would be the point of such accolades if they get called into question as soon as someone publishes a book a few months later?) That's why there's context involved in these things. I'm not saying any new character would be called into question, I'm saying a character that was able to eclipse or match Sheev in feats. Someone that actually made you ponder these things, not some loser like if Exar Kunt were introduced now.
Characters introduced after the fact aren't retroactively bound by these statements. Luckily there's no instances so far, but it shouldn't be such a hard cap.

Also I like how this thread is trying to debunk Sheev when it's also trying to build up Exar by latching onto statements that with twisting we can put him in Sheev's tier. So he's at best in Sheev's tier with one Luke statement to the contrary? Wouldn't that make neither Kun or Sheev the most powerful Sith in history? How exactly does this help his cause unless we really grasp at that Luke statement?

AncientPower
This isn't just about Kun, this is about literally every Sith having a crack at his position. In other words, anarchy.

cs_zoltan
Ell, did you even read the OP? laughing out loud

You laugh but how many sane person did? I sure not.

AncientPower
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
You laugh but how many sane person did? I sure not.

Was that supposed to be coherent?

One Big Mob
This isn't just about Kun, this is about literally every Sith having a crack at his position. In other words, anarchy. Good point. At least if Sheev isn't the top, we can rule out lessers like Darth Kun, Darth Dooku, Anakin Vader, and Maul.

Then we can rule out people more powerful than Kun like Malak and Revan as both are worse than Vitiate.

The anarchy only leads to one other person. The insanity you caused! How could you lead to such a free for all with only one other contender? Pure anarchy!

Cue Kun defense

AncientPower
I mean, your pathetic attempts at trolling aside, it does wonders for a multitude of characters. Especially for Krayt, who may be the new GOAT.

cs_zoltan
Was that supposed to be coherent?

Only to people with a functioning brain.

Deronn_solo
I like how Ap thought she came up with some kind of new arguments.

Nai has been saying the same shit for years now, yielding no positive results.

One Big Mob
I mean, your pathetic attempts at trolling aside, it does wonders for a multitude of characters. Especially for Krayt, who may be the new GOAT. I assumed this thread was just a big troll.

So you're saying the literal only thing that holds Krayt back from being less than Sidious is Sheev's hype of being the most powerful? That if we delete those accolades, Krayt is more powerful than Palpatine?

Also, again, it does wonders for apparently two characters if you include Krayt. Who are the multitudes?

AncientPower
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
I like how Ap thought she came up with some kind of new arguments.

Nai has been saying the same shit for years now, yielding no positive results.

Nah, Nai half-assed it and failed to realise how far this goes.

AncientPower
I assumed this thread was just a big troll.

So you're saying the literal only thing that holds Krayt back from being less than Sidious is Sheev's hype of being the most powerful? That if we delete those accolades, Krayt is more powerful than Palpatine?

Also, again, it does wonders for apparently two characters if you include Krayt. Who are the multitudes?

Sheev's most powerful quotes were a massive status quo mechanic in the forums, without them being considered infallible then there are actual debates to be made to the contrary.

Oh and no, the Malak bait is pretty pathetic, especially given how his only concrete wank comes from Star Forge scaling.

Sinious

AncientPower
So in other words, still no counter?

Freedon Nadd

Wtf!? When did he say that? Did it he really state that using such choice of words?

Stigma
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Wtf!? When did he say that? Did it he really state that using such choice of words?
Yes.

I called Leland and he told me that quote is 100% legit.

Rockydonovang
How do any of Siidous'quotes apply to Krayt, who chronologically comes into existence after Sidious?

Pretty sure sids is considered superior due to his feats...

Selenial
@Sel, as opposed to you, something who's ass got ripped so far open that it can't spew anything but sh!t.

Go back to alcoholics anonymous already.

.... does your ass usually produce other things? I am confused. I thought asses spewing shit was a pretty regular, normal, human thing. mmm

You seem mad though. Why is this? smile

MythLord
Which doesn't at all imply that this refers to all of history.
"The most powerful Sith Lord of all" does imply all of history, because at the time Sidious and Vader were the only Sith. Of all implies there's more than just two. But at the time there wasn't. So... maybe think a little?

Greatest =! Most powerful
I'm open to any other interpretation.

More importantly, this was a novel set in TCW's TV canon, it has no bearing on what was formerly C-canon.
I'm sorry... what? This is published alongside TCW while TCW was still part of the EU. It counts.

None of this says Sheev is the most powerful Sith Lord ever or of all-time. erm
Because being "the lord of all Sith Lords" means he's probably the best at jenga or something.

I don't care if you think that there's a 'certain theme'.
And the entire forum doesn't care if you think any of these arguments aren't retarded, cheap excuses. Stop embarrassing yourself.

MythLord
Oh, and another quote to seal the deal:
"Is Bane correct? I don't know. HE thinks he's correct. On some cosmic level I do too, and that the concentration brought about by the Rule of Two allowed the dark side to grow in strength until the era of Palpatine -- the most powerful dark lord in history."
-- Book of the Sith Endnotes

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Stigma
Yes.

I called Leland and he told me that quote is 100% legit.

Either you troll me or he trolled you.

Freedon Nadd
Oh, and another quote to seal the deal:
"Is Bane correct? I don't know. HE thinks he's correct. On some cosmic level I do too, and that the concentration brought about by the Rule of Two allowed the dark side to grow in strength until the era of Palpatine -- the most powerful dark lord in history."
-- Book of the Sith Endnotes

Palpatine's dark side accolades kind of go hand in hand with his military power.

Freedon Nadd
"The most powerful Sith Lord of all" does imply all of history, because at the time Sidious and Vader were the only Sith. Of all implies there's more than just two. But at the time there wasn't. So... maybe think a little?

I'm open to any other interpretation.

I'm sorry... what? This is published alongside TCW while TCW was still part of the EU. It counts.

Because being "the lord of all Sith Lords" means he's probably the best at jenga or something.

And the entire forum doesn't care if you think any of these arguments aren't retarded, cheap excuses. Stop embarrassing yourself.

To be honest, Palpatine is always associated with Darth Bane's Order of Sith Lords. High chances it refers to him and the power of his Banite predecessors which would make sense in the given context.

MythLord
Palpatine's dark side accolades kind of go hand in hand with his military power.
To be honest, Palpatine is always associated with Darth Bane's Order of Sith Lords. High chances it refers to him and the power of his Banite predecessors which would make sense in the given context.

I appreciate you trying to save this trainwreck of a post that AP made, but what you're saying is literally baseless, and the context of the quotes points quite to the contrary.

One Big Mob
Sheev's most powerful quotes were a massive status quo mechanic in the forums, without them being considered infallible then there are actual debates to be made to the contrary.

Oh and no, the Malak bait is pretty pathetic, especially given how his only concrete wank comes from Star Forge scaling. "Were" like you actually sowed the seeds of doubt.

Here's a question, do you think all these quotes were just accidents meant to mean nothing? Was he just called the most powerful sith lord from multiple sources by accident and it actually meant nothing?

I don't think you can call other things pathetic. I had to read this thread and the title multiple times because your reasons didn't actually line up with debunking anything. The fact that you think you accomplished anything is sad.
"This is an in-universe source"
Ouch

That being said, you danced around the questions.

If you removed Sheev's quotes of superiority over all Sith, who are the multitudes of characters fighting for this position? Who would be above Sheev's feats and lesser statements? And what would you use to place them above him?

Freedon Nadd
I appreciate you trying to save this trainwreck of a post that AP made, but what you're saying is literally baseless, and the context of the quotes points quite to the contrary.

How more exactly?

It's common knowledge among the Star Wars writers that Palpatine is the most successful Sith Lord in Darth Bane's Order of Sith Lords.
You know how many Banite Lords have been there? Quite many of them.

Basically, everything that takes place during the movies doesn't deviate from George Lucas' vision(those 1000 years)

FreshestSlice
Not to give any credence to AP or Nadd, but we both know that quote isn't in the "endnotes" of the Book of the Sith. More like a blog the author made afterwards with no Lucas oversight.

Freedon Nadd
I don't any credence or approval from you. Lol

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Not to give any credence to AP or Nadd, but we both know that quote isn't in the "endnotes" of the Book of the Sith. More like a blog the author made afterwards with no Lucas oversight.

So that makes it non-canon? Happy Dance

MythLord
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
More like a blog the author made afterwards with no Lucas oversight.
Is there no Lucas oversight? If so, I'll concede it's non-canon, since pure author opinion means jacksh!t.

Freedon Nadd
Why does it matter if it has Lucas insight or not? All it matters is if it got published in the lore.

Zentrex

Fair enough. I see your point.

Zentrex
So you like the taste of Sheev's balls and his salty semen? Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Darth Sidious is nonsense in terms of feats.
Although it is a statement. It is also retarded. Therefore Lee is retarded. Or he did it for Sheev's balls.

What is honestly wrong with you? What's your obsession with the Emperor's nuts? I daresay you must have ruined this character for others more than any other user. And just think about what an accomplishment that is!

And as for Sheev's accomplishments, he created a force storm which destroyed an entire fleet. Or how about that time he killed vader with lightning? Or when he drained the entire planet of Byss?

Freedon Nadd
Don't lecture me, Zentrex. I see through the lies of Sheev's accolades.

One Big Mob
What is honestly wrong with you? What's your obsession with the Emperor's nuts? I daresay you must have ruined this character for others more than any other user. And just think about what an accomplishment that is!

And as for Sheev's accomplishments, he created a force storm which destroyed an entire fleet. Or how about that time he killed vader with lightning? Or when he drained the entire planet of Byss? Funny thing about DE is that Palpatine was the most powerful known Sith before his death, and then Tom threw Ulic in there. And then later the Tales series.

Which means a rival of Exar was introduced to be beneath Sheev.

When we're speaking of accolades anyway.

Freedon Nadd
That's bullshit, lmao. It was said about Ulic's knowledge not comparing to Palpatine's. That's all. Ulic was not even a fully-fledged Sith Lord.

One Big Mob
That's bullshit, lmao. It was said about Ulic's knowledge not comparing to Palpatine's. That's all. Ulic was not even a fully-fledged Sith Lord. "Greatest known wielder of the force side that is darker"

https://imgur.com/0bcUGDe

And we were taught quite a bit about Ulic there. In fact Leia cut it short before she learned his fate. Which means that the holocron apparently knew his end, which would mean it knew him at his most powerful. Mind you this details him up to The Sith War, so that should be enough.

https://imgur.com/GfgCD3n
https://imgur.com/pOlEKp3

Like I said, Ulic was introduced to be below Sheev.

Freedon Nadd
1. Greatest wielder of darkness is clearly from Vader's pov
2. I never said Ulic's dark side knowledge outstrips Palpatine's.
So what the heck?

One Big Mob
1. Greatest wielder of darkness is clearly from Vader's pov
2. I never said Ulic's dark side knowledge outstrips Palpatine's.
So what the heck? It clearly isn't. We actually got what his point of view was when the words were put between quotation marks following that statement. It sure wasn't "The force is great, but did you know my cloaked father figure is also the greatest dark side wielder this side of Ulic Qel-Droma?"
It was the narration that said it, not Vader. Vader's point of view were his quotes, the rest was narration.

He was the greatest known darkside wielder. He became a dark side wielder and was below Sheev. It's not a complicated process. The intention is pretty clear there. His Jedi powers were nothing compared to what he became once the War started.

He was introduced to be below Sheev. Very simple. Twisting quotes doesn't change that... especially when Sheev's knowledge translated to power.

Freedon Nadd
Once again Palpatine>Ulic's dark knowledge. So why are we arguing? Lmfao

S_W_LeGenD
Sheev's hype was consistent and frequent in sources prior to introduction of Tenebrae in the lore and subsequent hype of his powers since 2012.

Tenebrae's hype had an impact over Sheev's hype-train with a noteworthy source inserting the word "maybe" in its hype of Sheev. Numerous authors were coming to terms with Tenebrae's hype but Legends-Canon split made further assessment irrelevant.

Azronger
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Sheev's hype was consistent and frequent in sources prior to introduction of Tenebrae in the lore and subsequent hype of his powers since 2012.

Tenebrae's hype had an impact over Sheev's hype-train with a noteworthy source inserting the word "maybe" in its hype of Sheev. Numerous authors were coming to terms with Tenebrae's hype but Legends-Canon split made further assessment irrelevant.

There's at least one quote from 2012 and two from 2014 saying Sheev is MVP. Vitiate affected nothing. Inferior power, inferior skill, inferior TK, inferior TP, inferior lightning, inferior drain, inferior character.

Freedon Nadd
That was a re-launch, idiot. The same lore but re-published again under the Legends banner.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Azronger
There's at least one quote from 2012 and two from 2014 saying Sheev is MVP. Vitiate affected nothing. Inferior power, inferior skill, inferior TK, inferior TP, inferior lightning, inferior drain, superior character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.