London Murders Exceed NYC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon

Flyattractor
I blame the bad food.

LordofBrooklyn
I put the blame on Piggles!

Putinbot1
The Police in the UK has had huge cuts. London has always been a very violent city amongst young people. Gentrification has no worked and just created a greater divide. Spousal murders have gone up in the UK due to very one-sided family law. Large estates where really on the people on the estates have any reason to go has meant they are really laws unto themselves as the majority are not interested and as a result youth gangs have risen. An increase in outside gangs especially from Africa and Eastern Europe has led to turf wars for low-level drugs and prostitution. In Dartford not long ago a torture chamber being used by Romanians on Romanians was found etc. Really it's a failiure of central Government Policy and the two terms of Boris Johnson as Mayor.

SquallX

Putinbot1
Pretty much and actually, even getting a gun is relatively easy if you want one.

Shotguns are 300 quid
A semi-automatic with silencer about 1500

Expensive but available.

BackFire
Wow, that's really impressive on NY's part.

SquallX
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Pretty much and actually, even getting a gun is relatively easy if you want one.

Shotguns are 300 quid
A semi-automatic with silencer about 1500

Expensive but available.

1500 with a silencer is not that bad really. Buddy and I made an AR, and it cost me only 1100.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by SquallX
I made an AR

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YBCHZgzMeqA/U04UwJMdoCI/AAAAAAAAC0w/wwkh-ePO5cA/s1600/What+you+talking+about+willis+Meme.jpg

Putinbot1
Originally posted by SquallX
1500 with a silencer is not that bad really. Buddy and I made an AR, and it cost me only 1100. Year that's 1500 sterling not dollars.

Putinbot1
NYC and London are not really the same size, London is the centre of the South of England Urban Sprawl which many people consider a mega city of around 20 million.

Surtur

Surtur
NYC and London are not really the same size, London is the centre of the South of England Urban Sprawl which many people consider a mega city of around 20 million.

I respect this outlook, and you know why? Because it's not like people are weasels and never compare our country to other countries when it comes to guns...despite the population differences and the difference in the number of firearms.

So yeah, respect thumb up

Putinbot1
https://www.ft.com/content/11c2abda-ef7b-37eb-9a83-df24c821d0c6

Surtur
https://www.ft.com/content/11c2abda-ef7b-37eb-9a83-df24c821d0c6

Great article. Oh, my favorite part? So many to choose from, but it is this part:

"Make informed decisions. Become an FT subscriber. "

Top notch.

dadudemon
The Police in the UK has had huge cuts. London has always been a very violent city amongst young people. Gentrification has no worked and just created a greater divide. Spousal murders have gone up in the UK due to very one-sided family law. Large estates where really on the people on the estates have any reason to go has meant they are really laws unto themselves as the majority are not interested and as a result youth gangs have risen. An increase in outside gangs especially from Africa and Eastern Europe has led to turf wars for low-level drugs and prostitution. In Dartford not long ago a torture chamber being used by Romanians on Romanians was found etc. Really it's a failiure of central Government Policy and the two terms of Boris Johnson as Mayor.

Very nice write-up and summary. I had this discussion last 'night' with one of my former employees who lives in London. She did not get into this much nuance but she did mention the immigration and the violent crimes committed by first and second gen immigrants. She also mentioned the young people issue and the declining policing efficacy due to budget cuts. Which is sad: world-renowned police force in London Proper. Or at least they used to be. Some of their forensic expertise and best practices, with specific cases, are studied in college for forensic majors here in the US. To go from being among the best police in the world to what you describe is a bit sad.

thumb up

That's called a Megalopolis. And NYC and the surrounding area is also at around 20 million (20.3 million).

This is also part of why London and NYC have been compared for many decades (I remember reading comparisons from as far back as the 1800s in a History class, from a newspaper from London called "The Times"wink in many ways: immigration, population sizes, economics, crime, and housing.

When you get to cities like Tokyo, Shanghai, and Mexico City, however, it gets absurd.

Badasucks1
Phuck you Badabing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.