Apocalypse vs. DCAU Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
JLU Superman vs. X-men TAS Apocalypse

No BFR

Who wins

Inedian
Apocalypse

NemeBro
Superman is far faster and more powerful, but Apoc's telepathy probably clinches him the win.

cdtm
Superman wins, easily.

Surtur
Remember that time arch angel met this archaeologist and he told angel the special way to kill Apocalypse and then it turns out it was just Apocalypse in disguise f*cking with him and that there indeed was no special way to kill him? Angel got owned.

Anyways, Apocalypse probably wins.

Inedian
Apocalypse wins easily, no doubt about it.

SSJGGogeta
JLU Superman would outspeed, outgun and outlast Apocalypse in a slug-fest, but doesn't have much TP resistance, afaik.

I'd probably give it to Apocalypse, just because of his TP.

NemeBro
I might have to change my answer. DCAU Superman is actually much faster than I remembered, going by his scaling to Flash and Diana, one of whom is faster than power ring blasts, the other who can react to them. Per Sinestro, power ring blasts are lightspeed. Given the relative lack of speed feats on Apoc or really anyone in the series' part that come close, coupled with no notable feats of withstanding a blitz of Superman's power level, Superman could win before Apocalypse can mentally defeat him.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by NemeBro
Superman is far faster and more powerful, but Apoc's telepathy probably clinches him the win.

What telepathy...?

SSJGGogeta
I'm not extremely familiar with Xmen TAS, but researching it more, Superman should lol-stomp here.

StiltmanFTW
Apoc was unbeatable in TAS... never got KO'd or damaged in a physical combat, really...

Superman is not stomping anyone. He's the one getting stomped, if anything.

NemeBro
Edit

Inedian
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
JLU Superman would outspeed, outgun and outlast Apocalypse in a slug-fest, but doesn't have much TP resistance, afaik.

I'd probably give it to Apocalypse, just because of his TP.

Outlasting and outgunning TAS Apocalypse in a slug-fest.. yeah right. Apocalypse destroys him in a slug-fest.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He's the one getting stomped, if anything.

Indeed.

NemeBro
Apoc was unbeatable in TAS... never got KO'd or damaged in a physical combat, really...

Superman is not stomping anyone. He's the one getting stomped, if anything. I actually shit the bed here, totally forgot about the older X-Men TAS Apoc and was using the one in Evolution.

What did TAS Apoc do?

StiltmanFTW
I actually shit the bed here, totally forgot about the older X-Men TAS Apoc and was using the one in Evolution.

What did TAS Apoc do?

Stomped the X-Men several times, went giant and disintegrated them, even (Cable had to alter history to prevent that from happening).

Described himself as being as above mutants as mutants are above humans.

Cyclops stated that despite their best coordinated attacks, they weren't able to put a scratch on Apoc. Wolverine's claws, Rogue's strength, Archangel trying to exploit "weak spots", nothing worked.

cdtm

Apocalypse wins, easily.

StiltmanFTW
Apoc never displayed any TK/TP abilities in TAS...

He did use his shapeshifting powers for size altering purposes much more often than in the comics, though. And was invulnerable in his true form.

He could also fly, form shields (including the ones capable of deflecting projectiles back at the enemies), erect a forcefield, shapeshift his hands into ray guns... fire energy beam from his chest, Mongul-style... not that he really needed to - his regular handbeams were efficient enough.

NemeBro
Stomped the X-Men several times, went giant and disintegrated them, even (Cable had to alter history to prevent that from happening).

Cyclops stated that despite their best coordinated attacks, they weren't able to put a scratch on Apoc. Wolverine's claws, Rogue's strength, Archangel trying to exploit "weak spots", nothing worked. All right, but what does any of that mean?

Can he destroy a building? A town? An island? A planet?

Is he faster than a bullet? A space shuttle? A tachyon?

Dropping names does nothing to indicate how he actually stacks up to a character from a different setting.

StiltmanFTW
Watch the cartoon - or at the very least the episodes with Apoc - then visit this thread again.

No amount of mindless wanking is going to save Clark from getting sodomized here, I can assure you.

TAS Apoc was basically what DCAU Darkseid wished to be.

cdtm
confused

Superman wins, with ease.

NemeBro
Watch the cartoon No, post the feats. smile

Inedian

Cyclops stated that despite their best coordinated attacks, they weren't able to put a scratch on Apoc. Wolverine's claws, Rogue's strength, Archangel trying to exploit "weak spots", nothing worked.

He ruled the Earth in future, and even a celestial ship in TAS couldn't find any weakness in Apocalypse.

About TP, remember when Xavier tried to touch his mind or was searching him, when Apocalypse blasted him away, almost putting him in coma, the same with Jean when she was blasted away by him when she tried to touch his mind.

He was a powerhouse in TAS and also Evolution Apocalypse destroys JLU Superman.

TAS Apoc was basically what DCAU Darkseid wished to be.

Indeed thumb up

StiltmanFTW
No, post the feats. smile

LPXGQwOpLiQ

NemeBro
LPXGQwOpLiQ Watched this video, then watched a video in the recommended of him fighting Cable, wow it's weird how in none of these videos I'm seeing feats that would put him on par with Superman in strength and much less in speed. So where are the feats that imply he'd dominate him in a physical battle now?

SSJGGogeta
Yeah, lmao. Killing the X-men is something DCAU Superman could do with a glance.

He grew really big and destroyed a building? So??? Lmao, DCAU Superman would literally throw him into the sun. laughing

Ridley_Prime
If it was just Superman TAS Supes I could see Apocalypse winning here, but with the better combat feats and stuff DCAU Supes got in the Justice League cartoons, it's a pretty assured win for him here. TAS Apocalypse is a perfect depiction of how powerful he ought to be though, in relation to the X-Men and everything. /shrug

edit: First post says JLU Superman, which is when DCAU Supes is at his best, like when he "cuts loose" against an even more powerful Darkseid, so yeah.

RealityWarper

Superman is not stomping anyone. He's the one getting stomped, if anything.

I didn't see the movie but that looks good ! big grin

Trocity
Apocalypse shits on him with a gesture.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Trocity
Apocalypse shits on him with a gesture. Nice argument, care to back it up with anything?

One Big Mob
Apoc killing Rogue is pretty neat. She did alright against Gladiator.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by RealityWarper
I didn't see the movie but that looks good ! big grin

Not a movie. TAS stands for the animated series wink

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Apoc killing Rogue is pretty neat. She did alright against Gladiator.

He stomped her in their other encounters, too.

panthergod
Superman beats the shit out of the bargain basement Darkseid.

Ridley_Prime
erm While he is X-Men's Darkseid equivalent archetype, everything else about him is completely different, with a unique powerset and backstory, and all around effective villain. A discount Darkseid only in feats, but mutants generally aren't as powerful as the best of DC. Would probably put him up there with Grundy going by strength level alone, but yeah.

edit: Oh yeah, comic Apoc restrained the Hulk with one arm, but this is TAS Apocalypse, so IDK.

SSJGGogeta
TAS Apocalypse would get ragdolled by any of the DCAU JLA members, let alone the strongest one of all.

Again, Superman would throw him into the sun- end of story.

Ridley_Prime

StiltmanFTW
TAS Apocalypse would get ragdolled by any of the DCAU JLA members, let alone the strongest one of all.

Don't pretend like you watched X-Men.

Again, Superman would throw him into the sun- end of story.

DCAU Supes has no feats proving he can do anything even remotely close to that.

He was barely stronger than Metallo, got the shit beaten out of him by Diana and Mongul almost ended him with a rock...

NemeBro
DCAU Supes has no feats proving he can do anything even remotely close to that.

He was barely stronger than Metallo, got the shit beaten out of him by Diana and Mongul almost ended him with a rock... All of those characters would body Apocalypse based on what I've seen. One would imagine if you had any showings demonstrating Apoc or the people he's beaten's superiority over Clark you'd do so, but then, you are rather stupid, so it is entirely possible that you simply lack the ability to discern what about Apoc is actually impressive. He might very well beat Clark. I came into this thread thinking about the wrong Apoc and was at first of the impression Apocalypse would win. It's a shame that you're too dumb to prove it.

Ridley_Prime
It doesn't help that most of the best youtube videos of TAS Apocalypse (at least that I knew of) seem to have been taken down over time. I'd gladly post the ones I remember if they were still there. With how long it's been since I watched X-Men TAS, I don't quite remember all of that Apoc's feats, but he was consistently invulnerable/unstoppable for everyone by conventional means. Growing giant was generally when he was at his strongest, but even at normal size he usually kicked the X-Men's asses on a regular basis, and as far as what I remember of durability, not even Wolverine's adamantium claws could put a scratch/dent in his armor (I'd at least post the gif of that part if I could find it again, but alas). TAS Apocalypse was also repeatedly said to be immortal, except when his lazarus chambers were gone, but JLU Supes knocking him out with a few serious punches would still be enough to do him I reckon, but as far as the strongest DCAU characters TAS Apocalypse could match, ya got me. /shrug

NemeBro
I'm not even really asking for a video, just relevant powerscaling, something like "Apocalypse took Colossus' best punch and floored him in one hit and then countered a blitz by Quicksilver, when Colossus punched a city in half and Quicksilver is able to outrun lightning".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.