Immortal Hulk vs Silver Surfer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Don't know if this has been done yet, but can a standard powered Silver Surfer stop this Hulk who tosses class 100's aside by just flexing his muscles and causes them to hurt their hands by hitting him?

$on OF krypton
silver surfer makes the immortal in hulk mortal(thats just me saying)

Philosophía
Immortal Hulk.

leonidas
do we assume that hulk has evolved beyond the point of ss simply drawing all the gamma energy out of him as he has done, effortlessly, in the past? also his showing against maestro may argue against hulk here...

Damborgson
Silver Surfer has always had Hulks number. And for the purposes of a forum fight he also likely won't melee with one who already wrecked him in melee in the past.

I still say Silver Surfer, via turning him back to Banner or something.

Philosophía
Originally posted by leonidas
do we assume that hulk has evolved beyond the point of ss simply drawing all the gamma energy out of him as he has done, effortlessly, in the past? also his showing against maestro may argue against hulk here... I think this Hulk is portrayed as too good of an energy absorbed right now. Last issue of the Avengers , he drained Red Hulk dry.

carver9
Rogue tried to absorb him and failed. Surfer knows how powerful Hulk is so I'm giving Surfer the edge via bfr.

carver9
do we assume that hulk has evolved beyond the point of ss simply drawing all the gamma energy out of him as he has done, effortlessly, in the past? also his showing against maestro may argue against hulk here...

That wasn't even 616 Surfer AND that wasn't even a canon Hulk either. Come on Leo.

leonidas
Wth r u going on about. Ss has easily drained hulk in the past. How do u not know that?

Sin I AM
the mental gymnasticsss...

One Big Mob
do we assume that hulk has evolved beyond the point of ss simply drawing all the gamma energy out of him as he has done, effortlessly, in the past? also his showing against maestro may argue against hulk here... Surfer also had a pretty good showing against the Thanosi, and Hulk recently.

leonidas
where was that?

and yeah, i'd still take ss here.

One Big Mob
where was that?

and yeah, i'd still take ss here. The clearly 616 level Surfer that was hamburgling the two Thanoses. The only difference I can tell is that he was of African Zenn Lavian descent and he later had Mjolnir. Other than that, exactly the same.

Damborgson
Fallen Surfer wielding Mjolnir held Rabid Hulk by yhe throat until he turned to Banner is what he's referencing

leonidas
ah thumb up

can't stomach that thanos series, so despite all the talk around it i still haven't--nor will i--read it.

carver9
Wth r u going on about. Ss has easily drained hulk in the past. How do u not know that?

Key word, IN THE PAST. Energy draining hasn't been working on Hulk as of late.

Lol... because that isn't 616 Surfer (WTF) AND that isn't canon Hulk either. Hell, is there proof that is even the Maestro we know of? Again, come on Leo.

carver9
Originally posted by One Big Mob
The clearly 616 level Surfer that was hamburgling the two Thanoses. The only difference I can tell is that he was of African Zenn Lavian descent and he later had Mjolnir. Other than that, exactly the same.

thumb up

Please change your sig. PLEASE!! I leave threads because I see my sig thinking I have already replied in it when it is you.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by carver9
thumb up

Please change your sig. PLEASE!! I leave threads because I see my sig thinking I have already replied in it when it is you. Ours are nothing alike. You're more of a straight up the center guy, and I'm more of a cautious to the right kind of guy. What are my motives? Who knows, for you see, I'm all the way over here.

You change your sig, or we live in harmony under the assumption we laid some serious logic down just by seeing our sigs alone. Divide and Carver

leonidas

Lol... because that isn't 616 Surfer (WTF) AND that isn't canon Hulk either. Hell, is there proof that is even the Maestro we know of? Again, come on Leo.

again, wtf r u talking about?

i did forget that maestro scene was from battleworld, but you are, as normal, focusing on only the things you WANT to see.... the main point wasn't maestro, it was power drain. i also have no idea if that ss was portrayed any different from the regular one, so it may well be indicative of what would happen if they met. hence the MAY...

anyway, your stance is that yes, we assume he has evolved past ss's ability to drain? i don't believe ss has tried draining him lately, but leaving that aside, what other instances of power drain have failed, for example?

$on OF krypton
the hulk MIGHT surpass surfer in strength but certainly ss is more powerful(energy draining or not) surfer wins

carver9
Originally posted by $on OF krypton
the hulk MIGHT surpass surfer in strength but certainly ss is more powerful(energy draining or not) surfer wins

Why is Surfer more powerful?

One Big Mob
Why is Surfer more powerful? Killing Gladiator
Stalemating Mangog
Killing Galactus
Shitting on Maestro
Overpowering 2 Thanoses
Making Hulk hurt his hands punching him
Becoming a sun
Killing Thor
Stalemated the Phoenix

Sin I AM
again, wtf r u talking about?

i did forget that maestro scene was from battleworld, but you are, as normal, focusing on only the things you WANT to see.... the main point wasn't maestro, it was power drain. i also have no idea if that ss was portrayed any different from the regular one, so it may well be indicative of what would happen if they met. hence the MAY...

anyway, your stance is that yes, we assume he has evolved past ss's ability to drain? i don't believe ss has tried draining him lately, but leaving that aside, what other instances of power drain have failed, for example?

maestro may be the same, not sure about surfer though. secret wars was jumbled. we have one who recently lost to old man logan too running around.

carver9
Killing Gladiator
Stalemating Mangog
Killing Galactus
Shitting on Maestro
Overpowering 2 Thanoses
Making Hulk hurt his hands punching him
Becoming a sun
Killing Thor
Stalemated the Phoenix

That version of Surfer did all of that or are you talking about 616?

panthergod
Hulk easily. The only viable Tactic Surfer had is irrelevant now.

Hulk has always been more powerful than Surfer in raw innate power.

One Big Mob
That version of Surfer did all of that or are you talking about 616? I think it's pretty clear what I'm saying

leonidas
so where are all the energy-drain resist feats hulk has carv that allow us to assume ss couldn't just do this again:

https://imgur.com/a/OnmiY

or like this:

http://i.imgur.com/TIxeaG4.jpg

he could have simply killed that version, but didn't of course. he handled that version of hulk easily in that issue, the whole time trying to talk him down. not seeing why this would be any different. proof it would fail this time?

DarkSaint85
Why can't Surfer just do this?

http://i.imgur.com/pHhKUpb.jpg

After all, WWH, the angriest most powerful Hulk, had this done to him:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113173/4686042-untitled.jpg

That's pretty recent, no? And is one of the more powerful incarnations of Hulk.

DarkSaint85
Rogue tried to absorb him and failed. Surfer knows how powerful Hulk is so I'm giving Surfer the edge via bfr.

thumb up

http://i.imgur.com/JbpvH54.jpg

He negates gravity and the Hulk floats off into space.

StiltmanFTW
also his showing against maestro may argue against hulk here...

Alternate Surfer, alternate Hulk... so no.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113173/4686042-untitled.jpg

Depowered Hulk, you mean.

You're assuming Norrin can do the same?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Depowered Hulk, you mean.

You're assuming Norrin can do the same?

WWH was depowered by them tampering with his genetic structure.
Then they snapped his neck.

I posted a scan of Surfer tampering with the genetic structure of viruses - messing with cells at the molecular level.

Then he'll snap his neck.

So yes.

leonidas
Alternate Surfer, alternate Hulk... so no.

dealt with, but no reason why ss can't replicate a feat he's done 3 times already, all successfully. negate gravity, turn intangible, whatever, then just drain him dry--nothing hulk can do about it 'cept fail.

StiltmanFTW
WWH was depowered by them tampering with his genetic structure.
Then they snapped his neck.

I posted a scan of Surfer tampering with the genetic structure of viruses - messing with cells at the molecular level.

Then he'll snap his neck.

So yes.

And does he even have the strength to do that?

Most of the time, he's a pussy in the stength department...

Gray was badass. Norrin is a eunuch. Any grappling / snapping / grabbing / whatever feats...?

StiltmanFTW
dealt with, but no reason why ss can't replicate a feat he's done 3 times already, all successfully. negate gravity, turn intangible, whatever, then just drain him dry--nothing hulk can do about it 'cept fail.

If only he fought like this in, like, 1% of his fights.

Sure, his first few encounters against the Hulk were damn near perfect. But now? He's just a silver toy. I bet I could make him my personal ****doll...

carver9

We've discussed the context of those showings.

carver9

confused

Sigh. Leo, ole Leo.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by panthergod
Hulk easily. The only viable Tactic Surfer had is irrelevant now.

Hulk has always been more powerful than Surfer in raw innate power.

so even though surfer has always had his number Hulk is gonna win because he beat second rate Rulk?

DarkSaint85
And does he even have the strength to do that?

Most of the time, he's a pussy in the stength department...

Gray was badass. Norrin is a eunuch. Any grappling / snapping / grabbing / whatever feats...?

He's grabbed and thrown a spaceship out of the solar system, where it would have travelled for centuries:

http://i.imgur.com/qG9gKEQ.jpg

Granted, he had his will on the ship too, but you can see him actually grabbing and throwing it.

And of course, Rhino:

http://i.imgur.com/1cRTgW2.jpg

We've discussed the context of those showings.

What's the context?

leonidas

what other instances of power drain have failed, for example?

so where are all the energy-drain resist feats hulk has carv that allow us to assume ss couldn't just do this again:

https://imgur.com/a/OnmiY

or like this:

http://i.imgur.com/TIxeaG4.jpg

he could have simply killed that version, but didn't of course. he handled that version of hulk easily in that issue, the whole time trying to talk him down. not seeing why this would be any different. proof it would fail this time?

what other instances of power drain have failed, for example?

confused

Sigh. Leo, ole Leo.

laughing out loud

brilliant rebuttal. now, admittedly, your bar is pretty notoriously low when it comes to arguments, but this is overachieving even by your standards. anyways, yeah, you convinced me. ss drains him like he has on 3 separate occasions, without effort. thumb up

One Big Mob
laughing out loud

brilliant rebuttal. now, admittedly, your bar is pretty notoriously low when it comes to arguments, but this is overachieving even by your standards. anyways, yeah, you convinced me. ss drains him like he has on 3 separate occasions, without effort. thumb up

http://penguindevil.com/blog/blogpics/carver.jpg

panthergod
Originally posted by Sin I AM
so even though surfer has always had his number Hulk is gonna win because he beat second rate Rulk?

..via a tactic that is irrelevant, exclusively.

Rogue who absorbed the power of every hero on Earth including Hulk in the past failed to take out Immortal Hulk.

Surfers superior Thor got easily overpowered.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by panthergod
..via a tactic that is irrelevant, exclusively.

Rogue who absorbed the power of every hero on Earth including Hulk in the past failed to take out Immortal Hulk.

Surfers superior Thor got easily overpowered.

based on rogue? her power is different from surfers. just like visions intangibility is different from kittys or j'onns. her powere are not consistent. i minute she cant even handle ares the next shes absorbing every heros powers on marvel earth.

norrin has never had an issue with hulk youre basing your argument on nothing

krisblaze
Rogue also failed to absorb loki and surfer.

Surfer blasts huk to deatt.

$on OF krypton
you know this fight looks like a supes vs manhunter fight where manhunter dosent need to use strength but the other powers he has(e.g he could knock supes off balance with telepathy) same applies here surfer dosent need tn trade too much punches with the hulk but use other equaly destructive powers.

abhilegend
Except Superman beats J'onn. Just like Hulk beats Surfer here.

abhilegend
based on rogue? her power is different from surfers. just like visions intangibility is different from kittys or j'onns. her powere are not consistent. i minute she cant even handle ares the next shes absorbing every heros powers on marvel earth.

Surfer drained Hulk just like Rogue did. Immortal Hulk shrugged off Rogue trying to drain him.

Surfer isn't draining current hulk just because he did it to savage Hulk.

abhilegend
Originally posted by krisblaze
Rogue also failed to absorb loki and surfer.

Surfer blasts huk to deatt.
Surfer isn't blasting Hulk to a ko much less death.

Even weakened bannerless hulk waded through his blasts and savage Hulk did the same against him in The Order.

$on OF krypton
hulk is a character am begining to hate dunno why

carver9

Post doesn't make sense.

carver9
http://penguindevil.com/blog/blogpics/carver.jpg

laughing laughing

Insane Titan
Surfer wins

leonidas
so, still no draining-resist feats posted by carver? wtf? imagine my shock. laughing out loud

rogue is meaningless, completely different methods of absorption at work. so yeah, no proof whatsoever that we should assume ss can't drain hulk. glad we got that worked out. thumb up

abhilegend
so, still no draining-resist feats posted by carver? wtf? imagine my shock. laughing out loud

rogue is meaningless, completely different methods of absorption at work. so yeah, no proof whatsoever that we should assume ss can't drain hulk. glad we got that worked out. thumb up
How is Rogue failing to drain Hulk completely isn't a draining resistance feat?

Rogue has arguably better draining feats than Surfer does.

Bentley
There are a LOT of times Rogue just fails to drain her opponents. She's infamous at that.

Surfer doesn't really have that kind of inconsistency to his abilities (at least not to that degree).

carver9

I'll post it.

Magnon
Rogue didn't fail to absorb Hulk. She turned green, and Hulk briefly turned into Banner, when they touched -- indicating that the power absorption worked just fine.

She just had to cut short the drain because Hulk's state-of-mind caused her trouble (perhaps due to Hulk being under external influence).

leonidas
Originally posted by abhilegend
How is Rogue failing to drain Hulk completely isn't a draining resistance feat?

Rogue has arguably better draining feats than Surfer does.

really? c'mon abhi. she absorbs POWERS--psyches, talents, even physical appearance....that isn't energy drain, even though sometimes it weakens people. it's like saying he tanked rogue, therefore he would no-sell parasite. you think hulk would tank his power too? that his touch would do nothing at all to him?

her technique is nothing remotely close to simply pulling the gamma rays out of his body--which is exactly what ss has done multiple times, easily. unless the mechanism that grants him his power has changed, there is no reason this wouldn't work again. if that mechanism HAS changed, i'd love to see it.

bentley also brought up the number of times rogue has failed--against ss himself for one.

leonidas
Originally posted by Magnon
Rogue didn't fail to absorb Hulk. She turned green, and Hulk briefly turned into Banner, when they touched -- indicating that the power absorption worked just fine.

She just had to cut short the drain because Hulk's state-of-mind caused her trouble (perhaps due to Hulk being under external influence).

i was thinking they were talking about another time, but, guess we'll see. can't wait to see all of carv's proof. thumb up

Magnon
i was thinking they were talking about another time, but, guess we'll see. can't wait to see all of carv's proof. thumb up
TBH, Rogue's powers are very inconsistent. Sometimes she can absorb Colossus, sometimes she can't. Sometimes she can absorb Wonder Man, sometimes she can't. Sometimes she can absorb Hulk, sometimes she can't. And so on...

carver9
really? c'mon abhi. she absorbs POWERS--psyches, talents, even physical appearance....that isn't energy drain, even though sometimes it weakens people. it's like saying he tanked rogue, therefore he would no-sell parasite. you think hulk would tank his power too? that his touch would do nothing at all to him?

her technique is nothing remotely close to simply pulling the gamma rays out of his body--which is exactly what ss has done multiple times, easily. unless the mechanism that grants him his power has changed, there is no reason this wouldn't work again. if that mechanism HAS changed, i'd love to see it.

bentley also brought up the number of times rogue has failed--against ss himself for one.

Rogue draining abilities depletes people of their powers and Rogue recently drained all of the powers of every hero on Earth and was moving around ok.

carver9
Edit

leonidas
Rogue draining abilities depletes people of their powers and Rogue recently drained all of the powers of every hero on Earth and was moving around ok.

if rogue is going to be your "big reveal" to support the idea ss can't be drained, don't bother. she's failed against many people in the past and her drain is obviously much different. SOMETIMES people are depleted, sometimes they aren't. saying she can't drain him so ss can't is idiotic since the processes aren't even close.

i showed ss CAN drain hulk--multiple times. you need to prove he is resistant to draining. rogue's failure does not come close to supporting your stance. if that's all you have, admit you're assumption is unfounded and move along.

DarkSaint85
He's grabbed and thrown a spaceship out of the solar system, where it would have travelled for centuries:

http://i.imgur.com/qG9gKEQ.jpg

Granted, he had his will on the ship too, but you can see him actually grabbing and throwing it.

And of course, Rhino:

http://i.imgur.com/1cRTgW2.jpg

What's the context?

Sin I AM
lol at abhi lowballing Norrin with a failed argument to lowkey prop up Superman. The exact same way Carver is using a flawed reasoning with Rogue to lowball Norrin in order to boost Hulk.

leonidas
transparent is see-through. thumb up

Philosophía
Carver is easily the worst at making a case for Hulk, ever.

Jesus Christ.

abhilegend

That's just how Rogue drained Ms Marvel and Wonder Man, she drew the energy out of them.

Surfer drawing out gamma energy from hulk once in savage Hulk and another time in a weakened Bannerless Hulk doesn't mean he can do that to every version of Hulk. This Hulk drained gamma from red hulk too which neither of the previous versions could do.

You're essentially giving no limit fallacy to Surfer that no matter how powerful Hulk becomes Surfer can just drain him.

That's not how Hulk's power works.

Philosophía
On the other hand, carver and abhil teaming up is in the top 10 anime crossovers.

abhilegend
lol at abhi lowballing Norrin with a failed argument to lowkey prop up Superman. The exact same way Carver is using a flawed reasoning with Rogue to lowball Norrin in order to boost Hulk.
ermm

Superman would drain starlight out of Surfer if it ever comes in comparison.

Surfer has the worst record against energy draining than any top tier character.

abhilegend

One Big Mob
if rogue is going to be your "big reveal" to support the idea ss can't be drained, don't bother. she's failed against many people in the past and her drain is obviously much different. SOMETIMES people are depleted, sometimes they aren't. saying she can't drain him so ss can't is idiotic since the processes aren't even close.

i showed ss CAN drain hulk--multiple times. you need to prove he is resistant to draining. rogue's failure does not come close to supporting your stance. if that's all you have, admit you're assumption is unfounded and move along. Originally posted by One Big Mob
https://i.imgur.com/MqUkDbn.jpg

Sin I AM

$on OF krypton

This Hulk drained gamma from red hulk too which neither of the previous versions could do.

this is why am begining to dislike the hulk.Why would hulk now be able to drain radiation?, thats not his character(powerset wise)

Sin I AM
Originally posted by $on OF krypton
this is why am begining to dislike the hulk.Why would hulk now be able to drain radiation?, thats not his character(powerset wise)

gamma radiation yes, nukes have long been theorized to make him stronger as well. its not a stretch

DarkSaint85
Unless you're Maestro.

I know, I know, diff Hulk.

But still, I always found that weird

Sin I AM
Unless you're Maestro.

I know, I know, diff Hulk.

But still, I always found that weird

maestro is funny to me because every future version of hulk has turned out to be weak af.

leonidas
That's just how Rogue drained Ms Marvel and Wonder Man, she drew the energy out of them.

Surfer drawing out gamma energy from hulk once in savage Hulk and another time in a weakened Bannerless Hulk doesn't mean he can do that to every version of Hulk. This Hulk drained gamma from red hulk too which neither of the previous versions could do.

You're essentially giving no limit fallacy to Surfer that no matter how powerful Hulk becomes Surfer can just drain him.

That's not how Hulk's power works.

he's done it twice to hulk, and once to bannerless hulk whom he could have killed. last i checked it is still gamma rads that enable hulk's change. unless that changes, there is no logical reason ss still couldn't just drain him.

and she doesn't drain energy like the ss does. wth r u talking about? she's even manifested claws like logan in the past. that isn't energy absorption--it works on a genetic level for her and entails much more than straight energy drain. not to mention the number of times it's failed. still haven't seen a scan of the failure though....

ss would straight up just drain him dry. i see you ignored the parasite comparison though. THAT type of drain is much more analogous to what ss would do. could hulk no-sell parasite too?

DarkSaint85
She also takes memories and psyches, which is what usually phucks her up.

Philosophía
Every thread is now a Magneto thread.

https://i.imgur.com/3DkLQ39.jpg

DarkSaint85
All roads lead to Mags thumb up

leonidas
lol was one of the images i was gonna post if carv tried to sell me on rogue. thumb up

mags=/>immortal hulk thumb up

Philosophía
mags=/>immortal hulk thumb up
mags > immortal hulk thumb up thumb up

leonidas
thumb up

h1a8
Surfer needs to grab Hulk to drain him.
He's getting KOED if he tries that.
Also this Hulk is highly resistant against being drained. He could either resist it or gain energy faster than he can be drained by Surfer.

-K-M-
She also takes memories and psyches, which is what usually phucks her up.

Indeed. She absorbed she hulk and moon knight and it messed her up mentally pretty good

darthgoober
Originally posted by h1a8
Surfer needs to grab Hulk to drain him.
He's getting KOED if he tries that.
Also this Hulk is highly resistant against being drained. He could either resist it or gain energy faster than he can be drained by Surfer.
Surfer can drain energy from a distance

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -K-M-
Indeed. She absorbed she hulk and moon knight and it messed her up mentally pretty good

moon knight? when was this

StiltmanFTW

X-Men Legacy, AvX.

Mungi is mentioning it for the 952th time.

-K-M-

X-Men: Legacy #267

X-Men Legacy, AvX.

Mungi is mentioning it for the 952th time.

Some day they will listen

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShadyNippyBass-size_restricted.gif

$on OF krypton
surfer drains the immortality out of hulk making him mortal

DarkSaint85

https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/moonknightnefaria0-5.jpg

DarkSaint85
If it helps, Rogue was completely unable to drain Surfer....

https://s9.postimg.org/6p5ig4f5b/RCO033.jpg

Sin I AM
https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/moonknightnefaria0-5.jpg

smh marc doesnt even have powers

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, but Rogue didn't know that or had outdated info, I guess.

-K-M-
He currently has some powers again. But then?...just was a crazy human

abhilegend
he's done it twice to hulk, and once to bannerless hulk whom he could have killed. last i checked it is still gamma rads that enable hulk's change. unless that changes, there is no logical reason ss still couldn't just drain him.

He did that to savage Hulk once. Second time he was amped.

Bannerless Hulk was weakened too and still interrupted the process hy just hitting Surfer.

Because both of these versions have been drained far too much and without resistance.

Here is Rogue draining savage Hulk just by a touch.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pSO_Xc2vCVE/VyQTcckx6QI/AAAAAAAAGFE/TAZbZS16whkx12jiitKB18Y2jgOGCSXRQCCo/s1600/RCO008.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Uekz1sr0SZo/VyQTcCgWG3I/AAAAAAAAGFE/rZwfxxQQh6coWOiCxPDq6tnrwj1zi7ndgCCo/s1600/RCO009.jpg

That's why I said arguably. She has better feats than Surfer does but has lower showings too.

But I'm seeing a pattern where we are only focusing on her lower showings.

Parasite is much better energy absorber than Surfer so the comparison is meaningless.

But no, Surfer isn't draining this version of the Hulk.

DarkSaint85

Bannerless Hulk was weakened too and still interrupted the process hy just hitting Surfer.

Because both of these versions have been drained far too much and without resistance.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pSO_Xc2vCVE/VyQTcckx6QI/AAAAAAAAGFE/TAZbZS16whkx12jiitKB18Y2jgOGCSXRQCCo/s1600/RCO008.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Uekz1sr0SZo/VyQTcCgWG3I/AAAAAAAAGFE/rZwfxxQQh6coWOiCxPDq6tnrwj1zi7ndgCCo/s1600/RCO009.jpg

That's why I said arguably. She has better feats than Surfer does but has lower showings too.

Parasite is much better energy absorber than Surfer so the comparison is meaningless.

Not focusing on her low showings. More like what common denominator makes her fail.

leonidas

he hit ss and ss just kept going anyway. lol he could have killed that hulk at any time and of course could have done it at a distance and not been touched.

and we're focusing on the total inconsistency of her power. but i STILL haven't seen a scan of her "failing" against hulk. u gonna show it....?

i doubt parasite is a better total absorber, but that doesn't matter. if hulk can resist energy drain, he can resist energy drain. so i assume you think parasite could absorb his power then, eh? so not immune to drain, just immune to ss's drain.

got it. thumb up

Sin I AM
anhi just really hates surfer and really loves hulk

abhilegend
he hit ss and ss just kept going anyway. lol he could have killed that hulk at any time and of course could have done it at a distance and not been touched.

Is that why Hulk waded through his blasts and manhandles him?

And that was a weakened Hulk who was having problems with Mr Hyde and shit like that.

ermm

Wut? Its already in the ownage thread.

Yes, Parasite is a better energy absorber by any measure.

It's about skill and potency of energy absorber. Red Hulk killed Surfer by draining him. Hulk just thunderclapped the shit out of him when he tried that on hulk.

Not sure why when it comes to Surfer everyone loses their minds and start applying no limit fallacy on his powers.

So by that logic Surfer can drain and defeat World breaker Hulk too, right?

Who is the least powerful character who can resist Surfer's energy drain IYO? Can anyone?

abhilegend
anhi just really hates surfer and really loves hulk
I don't hate surfer.

leonidas
Is that why Hulk waded through his blasts and manhandles him?

And that was a weakened Hulk who was having problems with Mr Hyde and shit like that.

who cares what hulk it was. ss drained and could have killed him easily. he got hit? so? he also just realized what he was doing was going to kill hulk. not sure why you focus on meaningless issues. hulk was drained. easily. hulk could have been killed. easily.

lol cause there are hardly any pages in that thread. you and carv keep bringing it up as the ONLY source of support you have for hulk resisting energy drain. and yet, it hasn't even been shown. love to see the feat your entire premise is based on...

again, who cares about a thunderclap? and MAYBE parasite is better. ss is REALLY good though. so ss can't do it, but parasite, can? just like that? lol so he is NOT immune to drain. just ss's. got it. thumb up

hardly no limits when we've seen him drain hulk no less than 3 times and your only proof he can't do it again is rogue failing. c'mon, r u kidding here abhi?

drain him? sure. enough to weaken and kill him? i dunno. maybe if he can avoid being killed by planet destroying thunderclaps first i guess.

outright resist? i dunno. someone who is a better energy manipulator maybe? and that would be someone at least trans. hulk is certainly not a better energy manipulator than ss. if you claim he is, well, we'll end the discussion here.

there are different arguments that could possibly be raised regarding this issue. whether ss could or couldn't drain hulk isn't really debatable imo. in a comic would i be shocked if ss didn't win via drain? no. and i can actually think of reasons the tactic might be completely effective on this newer hulk. but they have nothing to do with hulk outright resisting ss's power.

abhilegend
who cares what hulk it was. ss drained and could have killed him easily. he got hit? so? he also just realized what he was doing was going to kill hulk. not sure why you focus on meaningless issues. hulk was drained. easily. hulk could have been killed. easily.

SS drained but there was zero chance he could've killed Hulk or do it easily.

Hulk was drained but it has nothing to do with this version of Hulk anymore than Mr Hyde being a challenge to Hulk.

You know why, Hulk was weakened.

https://s7d1.turboimg.net/t1/38087719_Avengers_2016-_686-014.jpg https://s7d1.turboimg.net/t1/38087720_Avengers_2016-_686-015.jpg https://s7d1.turboimg.net/t1/38087721_Avengers_2016-_686-016.jpg

Rogue drained Hulk and he overpowered Jane and Hercules right after that.

So you forgot about the part where Red Hulk drained Surfer?

How about kree starwheel which drained Surfer, Dr Strange and Namor which Hulk broke out of?

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/SavageHulkDraining10Defendersv28.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/SavageHulkDraining11.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/SavageHulkDraining12.jpg

But I like how randomly Parasite was inserted here as if Surfer is this awesome energy absorber able to drain pretty much anything.

No, I'm not. Hulk has evolved beyond Surfer's levels of energy draining.

Three beings and tech who have drained Surfer himself have failed against Hulk. Rulk, Kree Starwheel and Armcheddon.

Are you suggesting Surfer can tank Hulk's hits?

So anyone who doesn't has energy manipulation abilities gets drained by Surfer?

Hulk isn't an energy manipulator. He has far better energy drain resistance though.

No, that's why Hulk's feats of resisting better energy absorbers than Surfer comes into play.

leonidas
wth are u talking about? hulk admitted ss was killing him. the only reason hulk hit him was because ss expected hulk to be healed--and the hit did nothing so was meaningless anyway. he didn't drain him anymore later because to do so would have killed him. this isn't hard abhi....

and yeah, that's the rogue scan. no wonder you guys didn't want it posted. wtf? she didn't fail. laughing out loud she actually ABSORBED part of his power--she turned green ffs and was trying to manage her anger! geezus h. you and carv have been trying to use a scan that shows ROGUE DRAINING HIM as proof that he can't be drained. no expression

holy f***. very sound reasoning. course that's where sh!t takes you when you jump in on carver's side. thumb up

and the starwheel?? laughing out loud who gives a sh!t. we have definitive proof that THAT savage version of hulk can and HAS been drained by ss. it's like you're saying even in the past ss couldn't drain hulk. wth is going on abhi...?

as regards rulk: he drained uatu too. rulk had his time. then he turned to sh!t. because rulk drained watcher and surfer doesn't mean hulk is a greater energy manipulator than surfer. wtf kinda newbie a$$ abc logic is that?? i mean do you even hear yourself right now...? confused

i'm not going to post a respect thread worth of ss absorbing energy. only hate of a character will make you or anyone deny that ss is if not the premiere energy absorber in marvel, right at the top.

as far as armageddon: he didn't drain ss--he overloaded him with power cosmic. no idea how you think that somehow means...anything to your side. and the fight was interrupted so we don't even know how it would have turned out. ss def looked ready to find out though. again, that shows nothing of relevance. the lengths you're willing to stretch this and reach for low showings is ridiculous.

still no proof of this so called resistance to energy drain (aside from, you know, rogue draining him)? the starwheel? laughing out loud gtfo it needs to be something current--because we KNOW ss easily drained hulk in the past. so?

you know what, i don't even care. lol i think this whole thing has been sufficiently exposed for what it is that i don't need to continue this. the reaching you're doing is giving me vertigo. no wonder carv bailed and left you to die on your hill all alone.

DarkSaint85
Lol. Shedrained him just fine.

leonidas
seriously. un-fukcin-believable. laughing out loud

carver9
Lol. Shedrained him just fine.

So she DRAINED him?

Facee
I don't know much so I'll ask a stupid question. Can SS drain solar energy?

carver9
Yes. He nearly drained a star.

DarkSaint85
So she DRAINED him?

Not completely, you know better than to try and trap me. Possibly not even perceptibly. But he hasn't evolved anything to stop her.

She was stopped by the usual personality shenanigans. As seen with Moon Knight. The exact same overloading of her mind.

Same as with Juggernaut. She says here that she only absorbed a portion, and it wouldn't matter as hell be back to normal:

https://m.imgur.com/nbnWeLa

Let's ask an expert.

https://i.imgur.com/xCBMG9b_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Surfer doesn't absorb personalities and psyches. He just drains.

Also, what context, Carver?

leonidas
holy fukc, move goalposts much? the question was never how MUCH could she drain, or could she drain him dry. geezus. carver and abhi make one hell of a team in this thread. thumb up

this is priceless. we have abhi using a scan of rogue draining hulk to support the fact that hulk can't be drained, and we have carver using the same scan and flat out saying he wasn't drained (all in a transparent effort to make us say she DID drain him, so that he can say a DRAINED hulk no sold herc and thor!). laughing out loud cue clown music.

the question was always could she/did she drain him. and of course a blind man can see she drained him ffs. on one page she looks normal. on the other she is green and fighting to control her rage. but yeah....she didn't drain him and he is clearly resistant to being drained. you've completely convinced me that ss has no chance to drain him here. thumb up

she almost never drains anyone dry. she weakens people sometimes, sometimes she doesn't. sometimes she fails totally. if we're using rogue as a metric, (which i suspect will not be the case any longer lol) ss NO SOLD HER touch. not like she got some small amount of energy from him--he NO SOLD HER. magneto NO SOLD her. hulk? not so much.

guess that answers the question regarding who the better energy manipulator is.

of course, i'm the biggest idiot of all in this--i knew exactly what scan you were talking about and still wasted a couple days debating this nonsense. laughing out loud

good luck to you guys. you were made for each other. lol

abhilegend
wth are u talking about? hulk admitted ss was killing him. the only reason hulk hit him was because ss expected hulk to be healed--and the hit did nothing so was meaningless anyway. he didn't drain him anymore later because to do so would have killed him. this isn't hard abhi....

"SS was killing him. But that actually did not happen but let's count it as killing him. While Surfer was not harmed so it doesn't matter".

Surfer did not drain him because Hulk would be killed?

Fact is, Surfer could not drain fully even a weakened Bannerless hulk before he jumped him and punched him down.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4cTepkFgm3Q/VoTXY1PNFDI/AAAAAAAAS2I/FjH8_4hAkQA/s1600-Ic42/RCO025.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PnzVhyRoJ0o/VoTXZFHB5vI/AAAAAAAAS1w/pcEFdTE-DIw/s1600-Ic42/RCO026.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-F9q_SWPSNBs/VoTXZAUnpUI/AAAAAAAAS1w/Sntk8g0KMYw/s1600-Ic42/RCO027.jpg

How is he supposed to drain far more powerful version of the Hulk?

Wut? She drained part of his power and got overwhelmed.

It was supposed to show just how much more powerful Hulk has become since savage Hulk days.

Uh-huh. You think there is only one way of energy draining resistance? You always did lose your mind when it came to Surfer Leo. Remember Surfer being as fast as Flash?

Right, who gives a shit about anything but Surfer's feats.

You're acting like savage Hulk has a fixed power level and is exactly as powerful as he was in 70s.

In 70s Hulk could be drained by Surfer. Nowadays even beings who drain Surfer can't drain Hulk.

laughing out loud

That's under the same writer. Way to ignore the feats though.

Knew you would.

No, he isn't. Quasar is flat out better. So is Rogue. So is Genis. I can show other characters as well, these are just top of my head.

He energy manipulated Surfer himself and yet was unable to do anything to Hulk.

Its not hard to understand.

laughing out loud

Right. *Post draining resistance feat, it doesn't count because Surfer drained Hulk 40 years ago. *

Transparent. Utterly transparent.

Carver is a moron. But like I said Surfer isn't winning here because he drained Hulk once 40 years ago.

Hulk has become far more powerful than that time.

Sin I AM
i wonder y marvel hasnt had a hulk/surfer interaction in awhile.

Magnon
Yes. He nearly drained a star.
Actually, during Infinity Crusade, Silver Surfer became overloaded very fast when he tried draining the sun. He lost his mind and almost exploded due to a single solar flare. The consequences of this drain on the sun were INSIGNIFICANT, meaning that SS didn't come anywhere near to "nearly draining a star" before reaching his limits.

Still, he should be able to drain the Hulk of his gamma energies without too much trouble.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Magnon
Actually, during Infinity Crusade, Silver Surfer became overloaded very fast when he tried draining the sun. He lost his mind and almost exploded due to a single solar flare. The consequences of this drain on the sun were INSIGNIFICANT, meaning that SS didn't come anywhere near to "nearly draining a star" before reaching his limits.

Still, he should be able to drain the Hulk of his gamma energies without too much trouble.
It was Earth's sun in fact.

carver9
Leo, sorry for the late response but here is draining fts.

Too much for Ran to drain.

https://m.imgur.com/CBYmAja

By the way, Ran has drained Terrax.

https://m.imgur.com/a/PEcwT

Too much for Chern to drain.

https://m.imgur.com/VhYeXeg
https://m.imgur.com/8zCECJO

Overload Armageddon device. Eventually destroying.

https://m.imgur.com/isldWx1
https://m.imgur.com/5T9sfMi

Energy draining device not working.

https://m.imgur.com/amDaBHC
https://m.imgur.com/hk7quWU

Zzaxx cant absorb him...

https://m.imgur.com/2otML4C

Rulk tries to absorb Hulk and fails.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11116/111164621/5013040-rulk+1.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11116/111164621/5013042-rulk+3.jpg

I can keep going but this should be enough tbh. Also, just want to point out that Hulk can absorb cosmic energy now... smile

TheHulk
Ohhh man, i missed KMC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.