Baleman vs. MCU Wilson Fisk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
H2H only

Can Bruce down the Kingpin

FrothByte
Fisk tears him apart. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Baleman can't compete against any decent MCU fighter. For all the good things that the TDK trilogy gave us, it had probably some of the worst fighters.

BruceSkywalker
Fisk stomps

Dr Will Hatch
I'm not seeing Fisk winning. He's strong like Bane, but is easy to enrage. His fight against Daredevil during the Season 1 finale has him fighting all sloppy, throwing haymakers everywhere. I think Baleman could win. Plus he has knockout darts if he needs them.

Silent Master
This is hand-to-hand only, that means no weapons. Baleman gets destroyed.

riv6672
Originally posted by FrothByte
Fisk tears him apart. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Baleman can't compete against any decent MCU fighter. For all the good things that the TDK trilogy gave us, it had probably some of the worst fighters.
Thats WAAAAY nicer than i normally put it, but definitely correct.

NemeBro
Baleman would stomp. At least comparable strength judging by Batman's ability to curl a 200+ pound 6'4" (if I'm remembering Liam Neeson's height correctly) man with one arm while on his back using one arm, and managing to catch Joker using his grappling hook with only one hand on the handle. In terms of speed there's no real contest, Batman is faster.

http://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11123/111235159/5569502-m2gogqj+-+imgur.gif

Batman isn't quite a bullet-timer, not nearly, but he was able to move over a meter in the time it took a guy with an AK-47 to fire two bullets.

The biggest clincher is his suit though, which would insulate him from Kingpin's blows.

Baleman wins decisively. thumb up

Silent Master
Drugs are bad.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Silent Master
Drugs are bad mmmkay.

riv6672
Drugs are bad. So bad.

John Murdoch
I'll put 20 on the guy how benched 5 plates for reps and put a hurting on a blind super ninja that can dodge machine gun fire.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by John Murdoch
I'll put 20 on the guy how benched 5 plates for reps and put a hurting on a blind super ninja that can dodge machine gun fire.

Correction: who* not "how".

Arachnid1
Correction: who* not "how". Nope, too late.

Your blunder has been immortalized. This won't be forgotten.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Nope, too late.

Your blunder has been immortalized. This won't be forgotten.

Alas, the Edit function has foiled me again messed

I'll take my ten lashings next week.

h1a8
I'll put 20 on the guy how benched 5 plates for reps and put a hurting on a blind super ninja that can dodge machine gun fire. DD couldn't dodge bullets. He just aimed dodged. Especially hearing the click and stuff. DD was getting tag by lots of people. Kingpin tagging him isn't really impressive really.

If Batman has his suit then this is a no brainer. Otherwise Batman wins after a good fight. But Kingpin could definitely win some.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by h1a8
DD couldn't dodge bullets. He just aimed dodged. Especially hearing the click and stuff. DD was getting tag by lots of people. Kingpin tagging him isn't really impressive really.

If Batman has his suit then this is a no brainer. Otherwise Batman wins after a good fight. But Kingpin could definitely win some.

Fair enough, h1.

I'm thinking Kingpin going toe-to-toe with DD is enough to best Baleman due to DD having the legit superpowered senses. If Kingpin can fight an opponent like DD in the manner he did, that should be enough to overcome the Baleman himself.

However, good point on the suit, Bales can soak up some damage.

h1a8
Fair enough, h1.

I'm thinking Kingpin going toe-to-toe with DD is enough to best Baleman due to DD having the legit superpowered senses. If Kingpin can fight an opponent like DD in the manner he did, that should be enough to overcome the Baleman himself.

However, good point on the suit, Bales can soak up some damage.

In all honesty, I love the DD character in general and argue him over Batman even in the comic threads. But the show disappointed me so much (like the Baleman movies). DD was getting tagged by regular fighters left and right. He would have fights with non bosses that would last a long time. He was constantly was injured and beat up many nights. He was just plain inconsistent.

IMO, he should have been more untouchable, especially against no name skilled guys. I can see people like Stick or Elecktra getting hits off him, but not many others should.
Why do you think the Bruce Lee films and IP Man films were awesome? Why do you think Mike Tyson was so popular in his prime? Why is One Punch Man a great show? Because they dominated almost everything they came across. The notion of showing adversity to create suspense in order to make a fiction interesting is not as effective or exiting as a character dominating 95% of their opponents. There is no fiction in existence that is considered boring or less than average where the main character dominates almost all of their opponents.

Again, DD has been a disappointment for me tbh. TV shows are just too inconsistent for my taste. Supergirl, DD, Jessica Jones, etc.

Silent Master
DD couldn't dodge bullets. He just aimed dodged. Especially hearing the click and stuff. DD was getting tag by lots of people. Kingpin tagging him isn't really impressive really.

How does the extremely slow and unskilled Baleman win?

riv6672
How does the extremely slow and unskilled Baleman win?
By calling in Batfleck, of course.

TheVaultDweller
Current Daredevil is a far cry from the version Fisk fought though. He went from having tough fights with Fisk's assassins, in DD S1, to arguably getting the better of Iron Fist, fighting off a pair of immortal ninja masters, and even giving the blatantly superhuman Black Sky a decent fight, in The Defenders. Current Matt would kick his own S1 ass IMO.

riv6672
Either version of DD is above Bale.

tkitna
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Current Daredevil is a far cry from the version Fisk fought though. He went from having tough fights with Fisk's assassins, in DD S1, to arguably getting the better of Iron Fist, fighting off a pair of immortal ninja masters, and even giving the blatantly superhuman Black Sky a decent fight, in The Defenders. Current Matt would kick his own S1 ass IMO.

Was going to say the same. He's much better now than his season 1 showing. He beats Baleman convincingly.

FrothByte
Yeah but even S1 DD can beat Baleman. As long as both are unarmored. S1 DD doesn't hit that hard and will take time to down Baleman but he's are too skilled and fast for Baleman to keep up. Baleman's opponents literally need to stand still for him to hit them.

h1a8
How does the extremely slow and unskilled Baleman win? He's not slow nor unskilled. He has feats to prove that he is fast and extremely skilled.

h1a8
Originally posted by FrothByte
Yeah but even S1 DD can beat Baleman. As long as both are unarmored. S1 DD doesn't hit that hard and will take time to down Baleman but he's are too skilled and fast for Baleman to keep up. Baleman's opponents literally need to stand still for him to hit them. Do you know how many times DD has been hit and injured? There is no way Batman isn't landing some good hits. And if Batman has his suit then this fight is spite.

Silent Master
He's not slow nor unskilled. He has feats to prove that he is fast and extremely skilled.

So your argument is based on feats and not implied skill or speed, right?

BruceSkywalker
Do you know how many times DD has been hit and injured? There is no way Batman isn't landing some good hits. And if Batman has his suit then this fight is spite.

can you post these feats you speak of

h1a8

FrothByte
Do you know how many times DD has been hit and injured? There is no way Batman isn't landing some good hits. And if Batman has his suit then this fight is spite.

Yes he's been hit multiple times. And all of those people who hit him (even the fodder) all move smoother and faster than Baleman and his opponents who all seem to be doing some kind of stop dance fight scenes.

Impediment
Baleman stomps Fisk's fat ass and then makes Fisk choke himself.

TheVaultDweller

The only time I can recall him actually being injured by fodder occurred off screen in S1. So, for all we know, he fought 50 guys when that happened. The other notable times he has been hurt (like getting sliced up or the bullet to the head concussion), it was against people like Nobu and Punisher. Whenever fodder has actually gotten him in any kind of trouble (even briefly), he was already tired and hurt beforehand (like the S1 hallway fight with the gangsters or the Dogs of Hell fight in S2), or there was plot involved (like the Hand guys initially being able to hide from his senses). Seriously, look at his very first S1 fight when he is totally fit. He might lack striking/knockout power there to put them down quickly, but none of those guys came close to ever having him in trouble. Or like the 3 cops he also beat in S1, in like 20 seconds or so, while he still had his hands cuffed behind his back.

Current Daredevil is good enough that even the likes of Iron Fist struggled to hit him (even with Danny's 2 cheap shots at the start and finish, Matt landed way more hits during their exchange), or Bakuto and Murakami (despite them fighting him 2-on-1). Even Elektra didn't having the easiest time of it, and she has deflected a bullet with her sword before. Matt's speed, skill, and ability to avoid getting hit has improved tons since his debut.

BruceSkywalker

riv6672
Originally posted by Impediment
Baleman stomps Fisk's fat ass and then makes Fisk choke himself.
Well -that- settles it. Fisk wins.

h1a8
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
nah it isn;t .. those were canon fodder no name people who just stood there and barely fought back...

So they purposely got hit? Batman didn't hit them before they can respond?

Silent Master
Baleman's melee skills

http://i.imgur.com/2hbiSYv.gif

http://i.imgur.com/LSNSWRT.gif

http://i.imgur.com/lIB45Ar.gif

BruceSkywalker
So they purposely got hit? Batman didn't hit them before they can respond?

dude its true.. its damn true..

h1, look at these..

also remember as I said once before I own the entire trilogy..

Bruce fought no name canon fodder who basically just took his hits and fail down.. as the first gif proves that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.