Parasite Absorption vs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Which one of these characters can not only withstand Parasite absorption but is able to get him off of them? This starts off with Parasite having each in a bear hug.

2nd question... who performs the best?

Thor
Superman
Hulk
Silver Surfer
Wonder Woman
Orion
Black Adam (Pre)

riv6672
Surfer for both.
He absorbs Parasite.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by riv6672
Surfer for both.
He absorbs Parasite.

no Surfer gets depowered first. he has the worst absorbing feats in his class. Hulk tanks it

Philosophía
None of them can withstand it, unless it's a really shitty showing for Parasite, which are very rare.

He is consistently the best energy absorber in comics.

beatboks
This.

Also what is tje reason for it starting off in a bare hug??
I'm going to take a guess and assume tour one of those people who have thw mistaken oppinion that Parasite needs to touch someone to absorb them. He doesnt and only ever depicts that limitation in his debuts

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/6034588-parasite+range.jpg

Here he drains power from people at a distance.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/6034589-speed+force.jpg

And here.

Did the same thing pre 52 when he drained Firestorm as soon as he entered the same room or firehawk. Pre COIE he drained Superman when he flew over his prison just feom sight and on another occasion drained Clark when he was in a nearby room. He also draimed airwave from off panel and did tje same to superman and amped Grundy with it.

carver9
Originally posted by beatboks
This.

Also what is tje reason for it starting off in a bare hug??
I'm going to take a guess and assume tour one of those people who have thw mistaken oppinion that Parasite needs to touch someone to absorb them. He doesnt and only ever depicts that limitation in his debuts

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/6034588-parasite+range.jpg

Here he drains power from people at a distance.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/6034589-speed+force.jpg

And here.

Did the same thing pre 52 when he drained Firestorm as soon as he entered the same room or firehawk. Pre COIE he drained Superman when he flew over his prison just feom sight and on another occasion drained Clark when he was in a nearby room. He also draimed airwave from off panel and did tje same to superman and amped Grundy with it.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZbsRx23703A/Wo1oRiPz5kI/AAAAAAAA2Qg/v8O1qvFfQFELlrD5xf1ZlNiejj-7K95BQCLcBGAs/s1600/011_013.jpg

I feel confident this guy is a clone of someone here.

DarkSaint85
So we're just using the last showing?

beatboks
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So we're just using the last showing?

What do you mean?

byrdgang21
Hulk has the best chance from this list. I can see him somehow overloading him with too much gamma energy or erupting in gamma energy and flexing him off of him.

This also depends on what version of Hulk is being used.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
Which one of these characters can not only withstand Parasite absorption but is able to get him off of them? This starts off with Parasite having each in a bear hug.

2nd question... who performs the best?

Thor
Superman
Hulk
Silver Surfer
Wonder Woman
Orion
Black Adam (Pre)
Thor going by his best resistance to energy drain feat. In a comic, I'm sure Parasite can drain him though.

beatboks
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Hulk has the best chance from this list. I can see him somehow overloading him with too much gamma energy or erupting in gamma energy and flexing him off of him.

This also depends on what version of Hulk is being used.

Another misconception about parasite. He doesnt get overloaded by toi much energy. Ore COIE did for a time but not oost COIE. In fact the more energy he absorbs the more energy he needs. On tare occasions when he has absorbed too much energy too fast the result has been him developing a completely new power in his base form.

Examples

1.Absorbing strange visitor and gaining shape shifting
2.Absorbing Supes heat vision full blast and gaining the ability to absorb momentum (kind of variant of speed steal).

The way superman beats him isnt to overload him but to make him expend his energy in battle faster than he absorbs it.

Given that Hulls body gives off Gamma Radiation, SS is teaming with powet cosmic, Orion with Astro force these three will probably fare worst as they have more available energy to drain while hes using energy fightimg them. Next would be Thor and then Supes (that could change if Thor doesnt use Mjilnor at all ir if he uses ligjtning he could end up with group 1). BA would be the one with the least surface energy UNLESS he calls the wizards name (that plus I recall parasite once having a problem with magic but it might have bee. Retconned)

$on OF krypton
silversurfer sufers the worst. Dont think supes has any problem as well as billy

Zack M
This.

Zack M
Also, remember that Damage has Nth Metal in his blood. It's likely the Nth Metal phucked with Parasite's absorption, since it's pretty haxx.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by beatboks
What do you mean?

Well in the usual Carver threads he only uses their latest showings. Was wondering if that was the case here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.