Y: The Last Man (FX)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment

ares834
Awesome. I really enjoyed the comic though I felt the ending was underwhelming.

Personally, I'm glad it's on FX rather than Netflix. FX has some great shows. Netflix does as well of course, but many of their series have become way too bloated and slow for my tastes. Furthermore, I still prefer an episode being released every week rather than releasing all the episodes at once.

BruceSkywalker
i wanna watch this.. hope a good actor is cast

Impediment
The cast has been announced.

Diane Lane is a great actress. I can totally see her as Yorick's mom, Senator Jennifer Brown.

I've never heard of Barry Keoghan, to be honest.

Flyattractor
I can all ready hear the complaints that this show doesn't have an ALL Female Cast....

Arachnid1
I cant fking wait for this. Phenomenal comic. I can't believe it's been more than a decade since I've read it. I'll have to give it a re-read soon.

And yeah, I would have prefered netflix too.

Impediment
https://ew.com/tv/2020/02/06/y-the-last-man-recasting-barry-keoghan-fx/

Well, shit.

samhain
Apparently recasting the lead will not delay any schedule? Kind of wondering how they're achieving this.

BruceSkywalker
just means keoghan will join the mcu lololololol

Impediment
0EEQ5Lj-cXM

The first trailer is finally here!

Old Man Whirly!
Very excited

BruceSkywalker
interesting

ares834
Looks pretty good.

Impediment
Originally posted by samhain
Apparently recasting the lead will not delay any schedule? Kind of wondering how they're achieving this.

Most likely because all of Yorick's scenes in the pilot were filmed by himself before the outbreak and after the fact he was hiding incognito as to not be captured.

samhain
Originally posted by Impediment
Most likely because all of Yorick's scenes in the pilot were filmed by himself before the outbreak and after the fact he was hiding incognito as to not be captured.

Quite logical Captain.

Impediment

Impediment

cdtm

BruceSkywalker
anyone watch yet

Impediment

Impediment

BruceSkywalker
really wasn't impressed.. Why is he called Y????

Impediment
His name is Yorick.

cdtm
His name is Yorick.

So the last Y chromosome can conveniently be called Y?

Not sure if clever is just silly.

BruceSkywalker
His name is Yorick.

what type skills does he have?

Impediment

BruceSkywalker

Impediment

Robtard
I enjoyed the first ep, not sure of the backlash it's gotten from sensitive male types.

So far all we know is some disease, attack or other event caused all men (except the protagonist) to die, it's not some anti-male show thus far just because of that.

BruceSkywalker

samhain
My only real complaint after the first episode is that none of the characters are really that likeable.

cdtm
How I felt about Parallel Paradise.

The spinoff for men of culture.

BruceSkywalker
this episode was much better

samhain
I actually warmed to Yorick in episode 2 then he went right back to being an idiot from that point. I'd suggest that this show change it's title to People Making Stupid Emotional Decisions, but then The 100 would need a new name.

It's improving slightly but I'm still not really rooting for anyone so to speak, maybe Agent 355 or whatever her name is, her 'get the job done' attitude is interesting.

Impediment

samhain
Yeah, I can see the woke on the horizon too, as long as it's not rampant it's bearable. That Asian geneticist needs to be bludgeoned to death though, don't care that she might be able to find answers, if someone is going to be that unpleasant, I'd rather not have any answers.

Impediment

samhain

Impediment

Robtard
On Ep 7 I believe, I think it's an okay enough show despite the lead being a whiny millennial moron. I mostly want to know the how and why of the pandemic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.