70s Count Nefaria Vs Year 1 JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/136540/2957006-4723240032-Thorv.jpg

Pictured versions.
No prep.
No BFR.

https://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/n_iv/600/730065.jpg

operator616
If they manage to utilize team coordination like the avengers did, they'd win against Nefaria.

Martian_mind
How's Nefaria's TP resistance? Good or bad I'd back the League, but the ease in which they take it depends on that.

riv6672
haha, thnx guys

operator616
Originally posted by Martian_mind
How's Nefaria's TP resistance? Good or bad I'd back the League, but the ease in which they take it depends on that.

The classic version doesn't have any as far as i can recall. Avengers were mostly a weak (and a small) team anyway and the entire team was established to be weaker than Thor alone (a few issues before the nefaria arc even). The later version in v3 (where Nefaria became an ionic being like WM) had, from what i remember, telepathy of his own which he used against wonder man after he weakened him. But i vaguely recall that arc too. Although the classic version did also have massive super-speed where even speedsters like whizzer seemed statues to him. So there's that.

Putinbot1
Yeah, massive Marvel Superspeed, which Iron Man was able to match along with strength for moments when he pushed his armour to the limits.

cdtm
He also lifted a building easier then Thor, though. Can Iron Man's suit on overdrive outmatch Thor?

operator616
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Yeah, massive Marvel Superspeed, which Iron Man was able to match along with strength for moments when he pushed his armour to the limits.

No he didn't match his speed at all, he just a moment of glory before getting overwhelmed. Iron man was stomped by the golden age Whizzer in avengers #153, and SS whizzer in prior issues (Avengers #141) who was a literal statue to nefaria. And yet IM somehow momentarily did manage to have an advantage. That's comics for you i guess. Regardless, im not even arguing in Nefaria's favor. But yes, he does have massive super-speed and this isn't even debatable.

cdtm
Originally posted by operator616
No he didn't match his speed at all, he just a moment of glory before getting overwhelmed. Iron man was stomped by the golden age Whizzer in avengers #153, and SS whizzer in prior issues (Avengers #141) who was a literal statue to nefaria. And yet IM somehow momentarily did manage to have an advantage. That's comics for you i guess. Regardless, im not even arguing in Nefaria's favor. But yes, he does have massive super-speed and this isn't even debatable.

thumb up

I'm usually one to argue against the "he"s Silver Age Superman with a beard" camp, but here I think he's being criminally downplayed..

Giving Thor a hard time alone should give him physical odds against someone like J'onn (At least a badly written J'onn.. You know, his average.)

Putinbot1
Originally posted by operator616
No he didn't match his speed at all, he just a moment of glory before getting overwhelmed. Iron man was stomped by the golden age Whizzer in avengers #153, and SS whizzer in prior issues (Avengers #141) who was a literal statue to nefaria. And yet IM somehow momentarily did manage to have an advantage. That's comics for you i guess. Regardless, im not even arguing in Nefaria's favor. But yes, he does have massive super-speed and this isn't even debatable. And yet he couldn't block a combo from wonderman or a combo from Iron Man and Simon hurt him.

riv6672

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.