Vitiate's Power in the Force - Major Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freedon Nadd
We know that after Vitiate has absorbed Medriaas' power he received a massive boost.
But my question would be the following:
-does the boost he benefits end after all?

Let's take a look at Exar Kun's Sith ritual:
-he absorbed the Massassi's lifeforce and he harnessed it in 'preserving' his own spirit alive(initially he stole their lifeforce so he would escape Yavin 4 as spirit and roam the galaxy until he would find a way back to return)
-Palpatine drained the lifeforce of Byss' people and used that energy to reinvigorate himself
-Nihilus used the energy he stole(in some part) to satiate his endless Hunger

So, the question is obvious:

Didn't Vitiate 'waste' those Force reserves that he had stolen on prolonging his life for centuries?

I know it says that it had made him more powerful. But Force energy is Force energy. And he had used it in extending his life span.

The Merchant
That's what I always thought.

Freedon Nadd
Can you please make a post and link mine to yours? Because only now I notice I posted it on the Versus section. Lol

JKBart
Major is usually the first among senior commissioned officers. Above Captain, below Lieutenant Colonel.

NATO code for this rank is OF-3, US military and others: O-4.

Hope that helps.

Freedon Nadd
Make a separate thread and link mine to yours, then, Cap. Nick Fury.

Haschwalth
It shouldn't take too much essence tbh. Revan/Scourge lasted a quarter of Vitiate's life, with no significant amount of force essence, needed to do so.

Haschwalth
Though, their immortality was clearly different, as Vitiate Drained Revan of his essence.

DarthAnt66
Scourge's immortality was because of Vitiate. When Vitiate died, Scourge lost it.

Revan lived for three centuries because of the stasis chamber, but he could have hypothetically lived forever in his SoR state.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Scourge's immortality was because of Vitiate. When Vitiate died, Scourge lost it.

Revan lived for three centuries because of the stasis chamber, but he could have hypothetically lived forever in his SoR state.

Eh, his brain/body was still active in said chamber. so he was technically functioning for 300 years.

Freedon Nadd
I like how people avoid the thread's question.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
I like how people avoid the thread's question.

Tbh, Vitiate was constantly draining people of their essence, and used a fair bit of his power preforming Rituals. So he should not of lost any power from Nathema really.

Though it's get confusing asf with Vitiate's defeat which proceeded to have Vitiate lose the vast majority of his power. only to gain it back with Ziost/Revans war. which shouldn't in anyway be comparable to Nathema/1300 years of growth.

Freedon Nadd
You mean his 'artificial power'.

darthbane77
I don't think so, once he had that power, it was his.

Freedon Nadd
That does not make any sense. He stole Force energy just like Kun and Palpatine. It's logical those Force reserves would deplete in time if they are used.

darthbane77
Kun's ritual is an unknown, we have no indication of how his power would have been changed had he stayed alive. I take it as he was weakened and lost most of that energy due to his death and the Wall of Light.

Sidious was using generic brand Force Drain, which has never provided a permanent boost to power. Trying to equate Force Drain to whatever it was Vitiate did on Ziost is stupid because what Vitiate did was obviously NOT normal Force drain.

Unique powers and rituals have granted permanent jumps in power in the past. Darth Nihilus' hunger would consume him, but his power (to my knowledge) didn't decrease as a result of starvation, his wound simply grew. The worlds Nihilus drained provided him with permanent power amps, why couldn't Vitiate's Nathema ritual do the same?

Freedon Nadd
Power is power. And Kun depleted that energy in staying alive as spirit. Plain and simple.

Sidious was using that boost to heal himself, that's why.

Sure they may be different. But in both cases, energy is stolen. It was stated that Vitiate used the boost to prolong his life and grow his power to perform rituals whereas Palpatine just did it to slowly heal himself(and it wasn't a sudden drain)

Like?

Because Nihilus always drained planets to keep his stolen power in check?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.