Do you still use Facebook?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
We all remember Myspace except Darthskywalker0 who was in his Cot in 2008 and Kurk, DMB, Squall X and Ellimist who were too young to have accounts. People left myspace for destination facebook in 2009. In 2014 I made a personal choice to shut my Facebook account, I had about 1000 "friends", I realised I only talked to about 10 people regularly whom I didn't talk to in real life and maybe 20 others occasionally, I had strange people from Highschool, Rugby Clubs, University and past jobs who I hadn't seen for decades liking posts and pictures, it all seemed weird. Wattsapp came out and I realised I could have groups with the people I cared about and needed to have groups for other purposes. Now we have the data mining scare, I ask who is still on Facebook and if so why? What does Facebook do for you? The only KMCer I ever had on Facebook was Marius, who is a genuinely good guy.

Robtard
Never used Myspace. Was a very late joiner to Facebook, and aside from the "It's XXXX Birth Day Today" reminder, I rarely use it. It's on my phone, can't recall the last time I logged in on a computer.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Robtard
Never used Myspace. Was a very late joiner to Facebook, and aside from the "It's XXXX Birth Day Today" reminder, I rarely use it. It's on my phone, can't recall the last time I logged in on a computer. Yeah, it does seem redundant.

NewGuy01
Never used Facebook.

snowdragon
I use it every day to set up ad campaigns!

Although I don't use it for keeping in touch with people nor do I allow my son on the platform.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by snowdragon
I use it every day to set up ad campaigns!

Although I don't use it for keeping in touch with people nor do I allow my son on the platform. Out of interest Snow Dragon, genuine question no trolling, do you think Facebook is declining from what you see in advertising revenue?

snowdragon
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Out of interest Snow Dragon, genuine question no trolling, do you think Facebook is declining from what you see in advertising revenue?

Facebook isn't a great platform to sell directly on, it is, however, a good lead generator, list builder, great for CPA marketing (where you just need an email type form signup.) I don't see a decline because it can create instantaneous gratification on micro transactions or downloads.

For direct selling google, yahoo, bing (secondary search engines not included here) with SEO is better.

Putinbot1
Facebook isn't a great platform to sell directly on, it is, however, a good lead generator, list builder, great for CPA marketing (where you just need an email type form signup.)

For direct selling google, yahoo, bing (secondary search engines not included here) with SEO is better. Do people use Yahoo still, that's very interesing. I think I stopped using Yahoo maybe 98. I've seen loads of Arabs with Yahoo emails though.

Impediment

Digi
Look at the stats: everyone still uses FB, despite the recent security kerfuffle. It lost a sh*t-ton of value, but is still a juggernaut.

It's a social calendar for me. I could take or leave 99% of updates, which is why I unfollow literally everyone (aside from, like, SOs). But I couldn't exist socially without it at this point. Or rather, I could, but it would increase the logistical overhead astronomically.

Robtard
Originally posted by Digi
Look at the stats: everyone still uses FB, despite the recent security kerfuffle. It lost a sh*t-ton of value, but is still a juggernaut.

It's a social calendar for me. I could take or leave 99% of updates, which is why I unfollow literally everyone (aside from, like, SOs). But I couldn't exist socially without it at this point. Or rather, I could, but it would increase the logistical overhead astronomically.

Pretty much, this is just a small blip in the bigger picture. People will still be addicted to Social Media and FB has close to 1/3rd of the world's population using it in some fashion, from the very passive user like me, to people who can't go an hour without logging on and posting what they ate, the color shirt they're wearing or the circumference of the last turd they plopped into the toilet.

Flyattractor
Had an Account. Almost never even Visited it. Deleted it a couple of months before the Big Info Steal.

So HA! Sucks to be those Losers!

Christina B
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Never used Facebook. Yea, it wasn't always a big deal to me.

Yes, I still used Facebook. I've had like 50 accounts, but not much happens.

I follow an orchestra from Germany on Facebook and Twitter. I'm flying to see them perform in NYC a day before my birthday. I'm trying to go to Germany for a week of classes with some of them, too. I like one violinist in it but like the rest. I don't know if she'll be at the performance and she's not teaching this time at the school.

Why not get a BlogSpot?

dadudemon
No. I disabled my account.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
No. I disabled my account.

^ All the Thai prostitutes he banged but never paid started tracking him down

Flyattractor

Worked for Bill Clinton.

Digi
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Had an Account. Almost never even Visited it. Deleted it a couple of months before the Big Info Steal.

So HA! Sucks to be those Losers!

Are you referring to when it was made public? The actual acquisition of the info happened well before that. Just like how we hear about info-hacks (Yahoo, Ashley Madison, etc.) months or even years after it actually took place. For whatever reason, these things take time to come to light.

It's a bit of a moot point anyway. The amount of info Google and Amazon (among other, smaller players) collects on us is similarly onerous. None of us have anything resembling security or privacy online. Our only defense is the anonymity of large numbers.

But hey, laughing at millions of people for something that's not their fault... thumb up

Flyattractor
Nah. It was Months even before that.

But yes. Everyone's Info has been STOLEN at some point.

And I only LAUGH at thoe Facebookers that are ADDCITED to the site and are Stupid enough to put Private Info on a Public Site.

That I DO DO!!!!!!

dadudemon

*Thai ladyboys

Fixed that for you.

BackFire
*Thai ladyboys

Fixed that for you.

Speaking my language buddy.

I use Facebook. I have a large family, lots of cousins and aunts and uncles that live across the country, as well as many online friends from my years at KMC that I keep in touch with via facebook. Without it I'd just lose touch with too many people I care about.

Kurk
Never touched Facebook.

Putinbot, congratulations. You are one of the few (and the only one on an internet board) to make my list of people I legitimately f*cking loathe.

You're a pretentious pr1ck who will dismiss any notion made by someone under the age of 30 solely due to their age. I can only assume that you do this because you yourself were a 'late-bloomer' who matured at a later age. Oh how so open-minded and wise you claim to be, yet you coward away from any serious arguments made by us 'youngsters'; choosing to instead deflect with impulsive cries of "YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!" and share ass-slaps with Robtard.

You strike me as an entitled, undisciplined job-hopper desperate to accept the first 9-5 gig that comes their way; so much in fact that you settled for a position requiring constant relocation to shithole countries. Well I guess you finally learned from personal experience that the english degree from your adult daycare center doesn't make you hot shit. Too bad it took you 30 years to realize that.

Learn to accept that not everyone is/was as stupid as you were at the age of twenty. Your behavior towards the younger posters on here resemble that which I have seen from middle-aged men who never got a grasp on their lives due to their late entry into adulthood, unintelligent nature, or envy for the lifestyles of other people. Grow the f*ck up and stop trying to cover your insecurities.

Also, I'm open to debating anything with you. No bullshit drama. What do you have to lose if you're so much more knowledgeably than us youngsters?

Flyattractor
Facebook FUN!

FaceBook Zuckerberg Fun Stuff!!!

&

More Fun ZUCK STUFF!

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Kurk
Never touched Facebook.

Putinbot, congratulations. You are one of the few (and the only one on an internet board) to make my list of people I legitimately f*cking loathe.

You're a pretentious pr1ck who will dismiss any notion made by someone under the age of 30 solely due to their age. I can only assume that you do this because you yourself were a 'late-bloomer' who matured at a later age. Oh how so open-minded and wise you claim to be, yet you coward away from any serious arguments made by us 'youngsters'; choosing to instead deflect with impulsive cries of "YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!" and share ass-slaps with Robtard.

You strike me as an entitled, undisciplined job-hopper desperate to accept the first 9-5 gig that comes their way; so much in fact that you settled for a position requiring constant relocation to shithole countries. Well I guess you finally learned from personal experience that the english degree from your adult daycare center doesn't make you hot shit. Too bad it took you 30 years to realize that.

Learn to accept that not everyone is/was as stupid as you were at the age of twenty. Your behavior towards the younger posters on here resemble that which I have seen from middle-aged men who never got a grasp on their lives due to their late entry into adulthood, unintelligent nature, or envy for the lifestyles of other people. Grow the f*ck up and stop trying to cover your insecurities.

Also, I'm open to debating anything with you. No bullshit drama. What do you have to lose if you're so much more knowledgeably than us youngsters? I haven't laughed so much at someone so triggered in years. smile

Flyattractor
I haven't laughed so much at someone so triggered in years. smile

So still no Humor in you life then.

I can see that.

eek!

Putinbot1
So still no Humor in you life then.

I can see that.

eek! Fly, just a tip, you need to get people emotionally involved in your trolling. Till you do, you will never get a complete meltdown. smile

Flyattractor
Fly, just a tip, you need to get people emotionally involved in your trolling. Till you do, you will never get a complete meltdown. smile

Why? You don't.

Or is this another example of "Leftists: Don't Practice What you Preach"?

I am betting it is.

smokin'

rudester
Yeah I use Facebook to talk to my exboyfriend.. But he's like no and I'm like yes. I'm going to marry him one day just need to ask him lol

Okay I'm so gay I'm going to stop talking now. Hachacha!!

Flyattractor
Facebook is Funny!!!!!!

German Historian Gets Banned from Facebook for saying Islam Not a part of German History...

CroftAlice
Yes I do,mostly to stay in touch with other tomb raider fans

Beniboybling
Never touched Facebook.

Also, I'm open to debating anything with you. No bullshit drama. What do you have to lose if you're so much more knowledgeably than us youngsters? wow, lol

Nephthys
I have an account but I don't ever use it except to check birthdays and contact unavailable people.

Kurk
I haven't laughed so much at someone so triggered in years. smile Nor have I at insecure middle-aged men who delude themselves in a sad attempt to feel superior to minds they envy.

Again, have a debate with us. You claim to have so much more wisdom and knowledge than us after all. This should be easy for you.

Digi
Lost in this - to me - is a discussion of how these sites can be used as valuable tools. We seem to want to just take the high ground and say "Oh, I don't use it much because blah blah blah..." or take pride in not having an account. But while I pride myself on several accounts I never had or no longer have on various sites, there are cool reasons to want to leverage the power of these sites.

My current employer thoroughly looked at my LinkedIn profile, for example, and the fact that I pushed for 500+ contacts (beyond which your profile just lists 500+ instead of the exact number) and filled out a TON of professional accomplishments, probably helped me land the job. Facebook is an amazing way for me to manage my social calendar, and I use it to remember names of "friends" who are on the fringes of my friend groups and hobbies. I've found it mildly useful for dating as well, as following the recent posts of either an SO or a potential love interest can spark discussions organically.

I dropped my Twitter account because it was just a time-sink, and certainly isn't a good platform for nuanced discussion. And wouldn't restart it unless I have a business where I need to build a personal brand, to interact with fans/customer/etc. And I've never had Instagram for similar reasons, but would pick up an account if I started an endeavor that required building an audience and was through a visual medium.

What useful things do you use these for? They're tools like anything else. The security stuff is unfortunate but, for most of us, likely not life-changing. And the rest is up to us.

Putinbot1
Nor have I at insecure middle-aged men who delude themselves in a sad attempt to feel superior to minds they envy.

Again, have a debate with us. You claim to have so much more wisdom and knowledge than us after all. This should be easy for you. "please debate with me whirly, I want to mass debate with you." -Kurk

SquallX
Facebook is Funny!!!!!!

German Historian Gets Banned from Facebook for saying Islam Not a part of German History...

laughing

Kurk
"please debate with me whirly, I want to mass debate with you." -Kurk Is that a yes?

dadudemon
My current employer thoroughly looked at my LinkedIn profile, for example, and the fact that I pushed for 500+ contacts (beyond which your profile just lists 500+ instead of the exact number) and filled out a TON of professional accomplishments, probably helped me land the job. Facebook is an amazing way for me to manage my social calendar, and I use it to remember names of "friends" who are on the fringes of my friend groups and hobbies. I've found it mildly useful for dating as well, as following the recent posts of either an SO or a potential love interest can spark discussions organically.

Your linked in story is on-point and quite awesome. I've also considered writing some LinkedIn blogs about some of the business management and process design stuff to beef up my professional "social network" presence.

One of the most successful business process professionals out there is so successful (she started her own business and she is rolling in so many pleas for her company's services that she cannot hire people fast enough to meet the demand) is because of how positive she is, how large her social network is, and how prolific her blog is.

She found me. She added me. Because I matched some criteria she looks for. Because she wants people like me in her network to see her blogs, posts, and contact her for business.

And it works. Though, I would never ask her for her company's services because we are actually somewhat competing in the same space...

Anyway, yes...that LinkedIn social presence is powerful as hell. It directly translates into dollars and contracts.

dadudemon
Never touched Facebook.

Also, I'm open to debating anything with you. No bullshit drama. What do you have to lose if you're so much more knowledgeably than us youngsters?

Don't let him bother you so much. You look pathetic to literally everyone. Even people like me who only want to see you grow, develop, learn, and be successful. It's not okay to let the internet and especially professional trolls like Sir Whirly Splatt, affect you this much. Sign out. Take a breather. Play some video games. Go on a date or 10 with a gal you like. Study cool stuff. Paint. Sculpt. Write poetry, stories, or music. Go camping. Go hiking. Go to the gym and workout. Make some food based on a random recipe you found. Organize your room/junk and make it look nice (and throw away stuff you haven't used or needed in 2 or more years). But don't sign into an internet website full of assholes like me and post lengthy and embarrassing diatribes like that above. It's not okay for you.

Don't wallow in the cesspool of anger and frustration: it's a terrible hole to crawl into. You're a good person. Capitalize on your abilities and good qualities.

Kurk
Don't let him bother you so much. You look pathetic to literally everyone. Even people like me who only want to see you grow, develop, learn, and be successful. It's not okay to let the internet and especially professional trolls like Sir Whirly Splatt, affect you this much. Sign out. Take a breather. Play some video games. Go on a date or 10 with a gal you like. Study cool stuff. Paint. Sculpt. Write poetry, stories, or music. Go camping. Go hiking. Go to the gym and workout. Make some food based on a random recipe you found. Organize your room/junk and make it look nice (and throw away stuff you haven't used or needed in 2 or more years). But don't sign into an internet website full of assholes like me and post lengthy and embarrassing diatribes like that above. It's not okay for you.

Don't wallow in the cesspool of anger and frustration: it's a terrible hole to crawl into. You're a good person. Capitalize on your abilities and good qualities. Honey, I have more than enough side projects to keep my occupied. I do not let my emotions rule me, and yokels like Putinbot1 certainly don't receive too much of my attention. His unjustified arrogance pisses me off on this site, but that's about it. I'd like to move away from KMC, but I can't find anyone IRL who shares my interests in Star Wars on the level that users here do. That's the only reason why I stick around this cesspitt. I actually became sort of excited the other day when I was getting consistent 502 errors for the site. Turns out it was just my browser.

Digi
Lol, "honey"

Your linked in story is on-point and quite awesome. I've also considered writing some LinkedIn blogs about some of the business management and process design stuff to beef up my professional "social network" presence.

One of the most successful business process professionals out there is so successful (she started her own business and she is rolling in so many pleas for her company's services that she cannot hire people fast enough to meet the demand) is because of how positive she is, how large her social network is, and how prolific her blog is.

She found me. She added me. Because I matched some criteria she looks for. Because she wants people like me in her network to see her blogs, posts, and contact her for business.

And it works. Though, I would never ask her for her company's services because we are actually somewhat competing in the same space...

Anyway, yes...that LinkedIn social presence is powerful as hell. It directly translates into dollars and contracts.

thumb up

No joke, in the time between my last post and this one, someone asked me about freelance web design work on my FB page. I was proud of my company's recent redesign, which I led, and was just putting it out there for friends to look at who had heard about the project from me. But then, bam, I might have a client.

It might not come to anything. But it was an exciting moment. I can't say I've had other moments like that (other than unsolicited recruiters messaging me on LinkedIn for crap jobs), but I do think it helped me land my current full-time position (which is a good job).

dadudemon
Lol, "honey"

I have several IRL gay friends who call me honey all the time. Only old women, black women, and gay men call me honey. It doesn't bother me at all. smile

thumb up

No joke, in the time between my last post and this one, someone asked me about freelance web design work on my FB page. I was proud of my company's recent redesign, which I led, and was just putting it out there for friends to look at who had heard about the project from me. But then, bam, I might have a client.

It might not come to anything. But it was an exciting moment. I can't say I've had other moments like that (other than unsolicited recruiters messaging me on LinkedIn for crap jobs), but I do think it helped me land my current full-time position (which is a good job).

Do you want to "quite your day job" and do Web Design/Update projects full time or do you prefer your day-job more?

dadudemon
Honey, I have more than enough side projects to keep my occupied. I do not let my emotions rule me, and yokels like Putinbot1 certainly don't receive too much of my attention. His unjustified arrogance pisses me off on this site, but that's about it. I'd like to move away from KMC, but I can't find anyone IRL who shares my interests in Star Wars on the level that users here do. That's the only reason why I stick around this cesspitt. I actually became sort of excited the other day when I was getting consistent 502 errors for the site. Turns out it was just my browser.

I don't know what to tell you. Sounds like you know the solutions. Other than you letting stuff on this site piss you off, we agree. I don't think you should let anyone piss you off on this site.

Adam_PoE

Honey, I have more than enough side projects to keep my occupied.

Lol, "honey"

https://media.giphy.com/media/6Kih4g6m8I4xi/giphy.gif

Kurk
I don't know what to tell you. Sounds like you know the solutions. Other than you letting stuff on this site piss you off, we agree. I don't think you should let anyone piss you off on this site. You're right. Usually I'm not bothered by internet trolls (I am one lol); It's just that Putinbot1 reminded me of my father for a moment, and I sort of lost it. But let's not open that box.

Putinbot1
You're right. Usually I'm not bothered by internet trolls (I am one lol); It's just that Putinbot1 reminded me of my father for a moment, and I sort of lost it. But let's not open that box. Call me Daddy? Nah, chill man. Seriously I don't hate you or even really think about you, I certainly don't want to upset you. Well not in a way you lose it like that. So peace.

Nibedicus
You're right. Usually I'm not bothered by internet trolls (I am one lol); It's just that Putinbot1 reminded me of my father for a moment, and I sort of lost it. But let's not open that box.

Oh god, you're literally giving it to him for free, man. sad

I'm thinking "you'd be right cuz I am your father" kind of reply coming. Gonna spoil it early before he gets the chance. stick out tongue You're welcome.

Edit. Dammit, he posted before me, lol. stick out tongue

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Oh god, you're literally giving it to him for free, man. sad

I'm thinking "you'd be right cuz I am your father" kind of reply coming. Gonna spoil it early before he gets the chance. stick out tongue You're welcome.

Edit. Dammit, he posted before me, lol. stick out tongue Nah, I'm stopping, I don't enjoy taking things to the point where people are actually upset offline. Not my thing, never has been. We are all here to have fun.

Nibedicus
Nah, I'm stopping, I don't enjoy taking things to the point where people are actually upset offline. Not my thing, never has been. We are all here to have fun.

Peaked into your reply.

Respect. thumb up

Taking you off ignore.

Kurk
Putinbot, like my father, is weak and insecure, yet tries to cover up his flaws by being dismissive to those younger than him.

He can land his corny comebacks on me all he wants, but they'll continue to be empty facades meant to deflect my points.

Putinbot1
Putinbot, like my father, is weak and insecure, yet tries to cover up his flaws by being dismissive to those younger than him.

He can land his corny comebacks on me all he wants, but they'll continue to be empty facades meant to deflect my points. Whatever mate. As far as I am concerned this is over.

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Peaked into your reply.

Respect. thumb up

Taking you off ignore.

O.K. mate.

Digi
Do you want to "quite your day job" and do Web Design/Update projects full time or do you prefer your day-job more?

I like my day job and it's WAY steadier than my experience with freelancing. But I have the free time and won't turn down a chance to make a little side cash and boost my portfolio for the (possible) day when I either want to job hop or maybe actually consider going solo.

dadudemon

He can land his corny comebacks on me all he wants, but they'll continue to be empty facades meant to deflect my points.

Get to the point in your mental health that you stop talking about your parents causing your problems. It takes a while. Especially if you had toxic parents. One day, you should wake up and talk about your dysfunctions and problems as your own and your mind doesn't automatically wonder to your parents being the cause. Take ownership of you and your problems.

Try this book:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000SEH80I/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Sounds like you had a narcissistic and verbally abusive father.

Robtard
Nah, I'm stopping, I don't enjoy taking things to the point where people are actually upset offline. Not my thing, never has been. We are all here to have fun.

^ This guy thumb up

Kurk

Robtard
Get to the point in your mental health that you stop talking about your parents causing your problems. It takes a while. Especially if you had toxic parents. One day, you should wake up and talk about your dysfunctions and problems as your own and your mind doesn't automatically wonder to your parents being the cause. Take ownership of you and your problems.

Try this book:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000SEH80I/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Sounds like you had a narcissistic and verbally abusive father.

While I can't disagree with your overall points, you also have to factor in his age, he's what 19? Not uncommon to still be in the 'my parents suck and I know everything!' rebel without a clue phase, we all did it. If he was in his mid+ 20's and still had that parent-son relationship, sure.

dadudemon

Putinbot1
>Tells you to not blame your parents for your problems
>You respond that armchair internet psychology is AIDS

You have some growing up to do. You have the emotional maturity of a 12-14 year old.

smile Let's draw a line under it DDDM mate. Let's all move on.

dadudemon
Let's draw a line under it DDDM mate. Let's all move on.

Yes sir. thumb up

Putinbot1
Yes sir. thumb up thumb up

Kurk
While I can't disagree with your overall points, you also have to factor in his age, he's what 19? Not uncommon to still be in the 'my parents suck and I know everything!' rebel without a clue phase, we all did it. If he was in his mid+ 20's and still had that parent-son relationship, sure. My parents are illegal immigrant scum who never assimilated to the social and cultural norms of this country. I was raised here with these standards and they were not. It's as simple as that. This is not a matter of "I know everything and they don't". It's a conflict of two clashing viewpoints: one of adaptability and flexibility to the thrive in this economy; the other of ingrained foreign values that have no worth here.

>Tells you to not blame your parents for your problems
>You respond that armchair internet psychology is AIDS

You have some growing up to do. You have the emotional maturity of a 12-14 year old.

smile
Absolutely. That doesn't mean your suspicions have any worth though.

Let's draw a line under it DDDM mate. Let's all move on.
I've already said too much. Indeed we should move on.

Robtard
My parents are illegal immigrant scum who never assimilated to the social and cultural norms of this country. I was raised here with these standards and they were not. It's as simple as that. This is not a matter of "I know everything and they don't". It's a conflict of two clashing viewpoints: one of adaptability and flexibility to the thrive in this economy; the other of ingrained foreign values that have no worth here.

I suspect your parents are both loving and very giving to you; they only want you to succeed and not have to struggle through life but you're too immature still to see that. Not a rip on you, we all did similar.

Kurk
I suspect your parents are both loving and very giving to you; they only want you to succeed and not have to struggle through life but you're too immature still to see that. Not a rip on you, we all did similar. Hopes and emotions don't get you where you need to be. Any undisciplined animal of a human-being can do that. Only by adapting the mindset of Vulcans' like Spock can we move humankind forward.

I enjoy the struggle of life. It gives it meaning. It's a potent, addicting drug really. No one is entitled to anything, Robby. Your children will not inherently have a better life than you. Hope all you want with your pacifist ways, but it doesn't seem to be working too well.

I am the Sith'ari.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Nephthys
You revealing a lot about yourself today.

Its not coming off well.... don't stop tho

Robtard
Hopes and emotions don't get you where you need to be. Any undisciplined animal of a human-being can do that. Only by adapting the mindset of Vulcans' like Spock can we move humankind forward.

I enjoy the struggle of life. It gives it meaning. It's a potent, addicting drug really. No one is entitled to anything, Robby. Your children will not inherently have a better life than you. Hope all you want with your pacifist ways, but it doesn't seem to be working too well.

I am the Sith'ari.

The Force shall free me. Who said anything about emotions and hope? No one except you. Seems your parents are hard on you(or you think they are), it's because they want you to succeed in life, not kicking back on their asses and hoping you will succeed. I'm similar with my kids when it comes to school, I'm a hard-ass, because I care, it will only increase the older they get.

Nah, you're just an exceptionally immature 19yo.

snowdragon
Hopes and emotions don't get you where you need to be. Any undisciplined animal of a human-being can do that. Only by adapting the mindset of Vulcans' like Spock can we move humankind forward.

I am the Sith'ari.

The Force shall free me.

You seem to have forgotten things like the desire and frustration which are emotional and certainly have led to the advancement far beyond the scope of simply thinking your way there.

Such as your desire to be like a vulcan, even though you can never remove your limbic system, you can train it with enough desire and intensity and drive.....(emotions.)

Putinbot1

I am the Sith'ari.

The Force shall free me. This is a troll post.

snowdragon
This is a troll post.

HA, seriously what a fail. It's clearly a vulcan post that wants to be a sith so he's really a romulan.....not a troll though stick out tongue

Robtard
Kurk's very confused, he acts Vulcan one second, then claims to be Sith-like, who are ruled by their emotions and feed into them for their power, the opposite of what Vulcans do by suppressing all emotion. Except of course every seven years when it comes time to mate.

edit: Mark your calendar Kurk, you can try to get laid again in 6 years.

Putinbot1
I think Kurk is ****ing with people, he can't be this ridiculous, no one can. Even Fly is more coherent.

Robtard
Now I have the fight music to 'Amok Time' running round my head.

Putinbot1
Now I have the fight music to 'Amok Time' running round my head. Great Episode, I admit all those years ago when I created the Tiberius sock I did forget the password.

Kurk
Who said anything about emotions and hope? No one except you. Seems your parents are hard on you(or you think they are), it's because they want you to succeed in life, not kicking back on their asses and hoping you will succeed. I'm similar with my kids when it comes to school, I'm a hard-ass, because I care, it will only increase the older they get.

Nah, you're just an exceptionally immature 19yo.
Do exceptionally immature 19 year olds successfully work in emergency medicine? I've literally seen people come close to death, I have stuck Narcan into people who overdosed on heroin to revive them, I've seen gun-shot wounds, shitty car accidents that cripple people for life. It's not exactly a field where immature, emotionally unsound people can thrive in. I'll upload my credentials if you don't believe me.

You seem to have forgotten things like the desire and frustration which are emotional and certainly have led to the advancement far beyond the scope of simply thinking your way there.

Such as your desire to be like a vulcan, even though you can never remove your limbic system, you can train it with enough desire and intensity and drive.....(emotions.)

I accept that I can only suppress so much. I have emotions, but I never allow them to supersede rational. I get angry, but instead of feeding the beast I meditate it away into long-term energy. Basically, like Raven, I meditate whenever I feel myself losing control.

Kurk's very confused, he acts Vulcan one second, then claims to be Sith-like, who are ruled by their emotions and feed into them for their power, the opposite of what Vulcans do by suppressing all emotion. Except of course every seven years when it comes time to mate.

edit: Mark your calendar Kurk, you can try to get laid again in 6 years.

Well my favorite sith, the one I look up to, is Count Dooku, who is not the traditional type. He brings to the sith his jedi training. Dooku is always very calm and collected, never allowing his emotions to get the better of him. I don't look up to raging sith.

So perhaps the light-sith order is better? Or maybe the Jensaarai?

BruceSkywalker
what is facebook

The Ellimist
Regardless of your opinions on Facebook, you have to admit that the Senators questioning Zuckerberg have likely never opened an internet browser before. Such profoundly dumb questions coming from a group of the most powerful human beings on the planet.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Regardless of your opinions on Facebook, you have to admit that the Senators questioning Zuckerberg have likely never opened an internet browser before. Such profoundly dumb questions coming from a group of the most powerful human beings on the planet.

And that comment just shows how up its own BungHole the lefty Millennial Side has its head up said BungHoles.

YousufKhan1212
Yeah, I've had 3 Facebook accounts, my first 2 existed 5 years ago and I had a great time using those accounts for the few months they existed before they got deleted. But when I created my third account, Facebook life became shit and useless for me for 3 years, but it's improved a lot in the past 6 months, and ever since then I've used and enjoyed it a lot more.

Rick Deckard
F#$# Facebook. I hate the site, have never had an account, and never will have an account. The site is directly responsible for a lot of problems in our society, and it makes me sick to my #$#%#%# stomach.

Years ago, someone told me I HAD to get a FB account, because everyone else had one. Yeah, right.

You can take your FB site and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Here are some examples of how FB ruins people's lives:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/facebook-bad-for-you-health-effect-impact-researchers-admit-a8113596.html

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/sex-murder-and-the-meaning-life/201404/7-ways-facebook-is-bad-your-mental-health

https://www.recode.net/2018/4/12/17215142/facebook-negative-impact-society-mark-zuckerberg-poll

https://www.thecut.com/article/how-facebook-affects-your-happiness.html

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Rick Deckard
F#$# Facebook. I hate the site, have never had an account, and never will have an account. The site is directly responsible for a lot of problems in our society, and it makes me sick to my #$#%#%# stomach.

Years ago, someone told me I HAD to get a FB account, because everyone else had one. Yeah, right.

You can take your FB site and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Here are some examples of how FB ruins people's lives:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/facebook-bad-for-you-health-effect-impact-researchers-admit-a8113596.html

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/sex-murder-and-the-meaning-life/201404/7-ways-facebook-is-bad-your-mental-health

https://www.recode.net/2018/4/12/17215142/facebook-negative-impact-society-mark-zuckerberg-pollGood Post

https://www.thecut.com/article/how-facebook-affects-your-happiness.html Good Post

ESB -1138
I just got rid of my account after not logging on for over a year

SquallX

ESB -1138
I know, right? MySpace is so in right now.

Jmanghan
We all remember Myspace except Darthskywalker0 who was in his Cot in 2008 and Kurk, DMB, Squall X and Ellimist who were too young to have accounts. People left myspace for destination facebook in 2009. In 2014 I made a personal choice to shut my Facebook account, I had about 1000 "friends", I realised I only talked to about 10 people regularly whom I didn't talk to in real life and maybe 20 others occasionally, I had strange people from Highschool, Rugby Clubs, University and past jobs who I hadn't seen for decades liking posts and pictures, it all seemed weird. Wattsapp came out and I realised I could have groups with the people I cared about and needed to have groups for other purposes. Now we have the data mining scare, I ask who is still on Facebook and if so why? What does Facebook do for you? The only KMCer I ever had on Facebook was Marius, who is a genuinely good guy. The whole point of facebook is to amass people you don't really speak to all that much imo to see how their life is going.

It's cool to see how my friend from 3rd grade is doing or my first kiss or so-and-so.

Also great for keeping in contact with family.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Jmanghan
The whole point of facebook is to amass people you don't really speak to all that much imo to see how their life is going.

It's cool to see how my friend from 3rd grade is doing or my first kiss or so-and-so.

Also great for keeping in contact with family. That's an interesting way of looking at it I'm an and probably how people who use it do in 2019.

Impediment

staxamillion
myspace is still a thing BTW but idk if my old account is still there.

i use fb mainly to look at memes and to keep up with my hometown hoopla. everytime something happens in my old church, neighborhood, local govt, etc it gets to me from FB moreso than anything else... so... gossip?

i don't post much anymore. too much to lose at work in case somebody wants to develop a vendetta.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.