Match the Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
So in this week's Avengers, they had to:

a). generate a few hundred thousand GigaWatts worth of power were necessary]
b). hold up the planet from spinning

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bjOMb7ygiTU/Ws4LefcLnuI/AAAAAAAAFdc/XrOQ3G5DJHwmQAU30H6NSpkzf-xodSrYgCHMYCw/s1600/RCO013.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-I1q4pLfQGrI/Ws4Lewpg6GI/AAAAAAAAFds/6stxckhlTtAl0-ZxhYdg3ajtdUMnIkpFQCHMYCw/s1600/RCO014.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RJcL01jol1Q/Ws4Lf0sK64I/AAAAAAAAFd4/EpZ9PAcTgZQLBkrHgxYGjNex2SrCeQYrgCHMYCw/s1600/RCO015.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UJtlCfwUhyA/Ws4LiiHaBCI/AAAAAAAAFeg/4Tau7ojn66wIEhOhkpd1A27oPq1Jx-1hgCHMYCw/s1600/RCO019.jpg

Which pairs can do the job and which of them fail?

1). Flash & Martian Manhunter
- the next pairs are in the same order and they can't help each other at their respective task.
2). Storm & Wonder Woman
3). Silver Surfer & Beta Ray Bill
4). Cable & Lobo
5). John Stewart & Thor
6). Monica Rambeau & Aquaman, Namor, Ares
7). Nova (Richard) & Gladiator
8). Black Bolt & Juggernaut
9). Dr. Light & Hyperion

Baziemarc123
that's an impressive feat for both Jane and Hercules. always knew hercules was planetary in lifting

carver9
Lol... its crazy that these characters are this powerful but Hulk stood in a single spot tanking their attacks. Where is Darksaint at...the Avengers lowballer.

SquallX

zopzop
Originally posted by Baziemarc123
that's an impressive feat for both Jane and Hercules. always knew hercules was planetary in lifting
He's not doing it alone and it was even stated he couldn't do it alone.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not very often are characters written as being able to move planetary bodies. Even less are able to do so alone.

1). Flash & Martian Manhunter - Never seen Flash generate that much power. John's not strong enough.
2). Storm & Wonder Woman - Fail. I doubt Storm can generate that much lightning and Diana isn't strong enough. If she had help from Superman, than I could see it.
3). Silver Surfer & Beta Ray Bill - Surfer could do it. I have a feeling that Bill along with Hyperion and Gladiator would have the best odds of succeeding at the strength portion.
4). Cable & Lobo - Unless it's Full Power Cable, he fails at his task. Lobo isn't strong enough imo.
5). John Stewart & Thor - Stewart is a GL, they have high highs. Thor already did this exact feat except on a larger scale under Warren Ellis, it's the only reason they pass.
6). Monica Rambeau & Aquaman, Namor, Ares - Uhhh tough one. Pass.
7). Nova (Richard) & Gladiator - Nova Prime would succeed. Gladiator is strong enough to do it solo in some portrayals I guess.
8). Black Bolt & Juggernaut - Black Bolt succeeds but I don't think Juggernaut is strong enough to do it solo.
9). Dr. Light & Hyperion - Dr. Light at his peak might be able to? Hyperion could do it I guess. He is one of the few Herald level characters with this feat under his belt.

Originally posted by zopzop
He's not doing it alone and it was even stated he couldn't do it alone.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111138490/4198268-2624904892-WXffa.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11123/111239958/4743851-9533007848-24105.jpg

zopzop
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111138490/4198268-2624904892-WXffa.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11123/111239958/4743851-9533007848-24105.jpg
That feat is meaningless. He's holding up the universe while standing on Earth. FAIL.

We just saw recently that he couldn't stop Earth's rotation by himself and needed Sunspot at full power (supposedly the strongest mutant on Earth) to help him.

deathslash
That feat is meaningless. He's holding up the universe while standing on Earth. FAIL.

We just saw recently that he couldn't stop Earth's rotation by himself and needed Sunspot at full power (supposedly the strongest mutant on Earth) to help him. yeah, but how powerful is sunspot though? He's called the strongest, but he's the one saying it so....

Rage.Of.Olympus

We just saw recently that he couldn't stop Earth's rotation by himself and needed Sunspot at full power (supposedly the strongest mutant on Earth) to help him.

So? Atlas is the Greek representation of the Axis of Worlds. The Asgardian equivalent is a giant tree which is dumb AF but it still supports the Multiverse.

Actually, we never saw that. And tbh, if they had left it to him, I have ZERO doubt Hercules would have stepped up to the plate and accomplished it with Earth at risk. That's a bit of a cop-out, granted, but Hercules is Hercules.

abhilegend
Not very often are characters written as being able to move planetary bodies. Even less are able to do so alone.

1). Flash & Martian Manhunter - Never seen Flash generate that much power. John's not strong enough.
2). Storm & Wonder Woman - Fail. I doubt Storm can generate that much lightning and Diana isn't strong enough. If she had help from Superman, than I could see it.
3). Silver Surfer & Beta Ray Bill - Surfer could do it. I have a feeling that Bill along with Hyperion and Gladiator would have the best odds of succeeding at the strength portion.
4). Cable & Lobo - Unless it's Full Power Cable, he fails at his task. Lobo isn't strong enough imo.
5). John Stewart & Thor - Stewart is a GL, they have high highs. Thor already did this exact feat except on a larger scale under Warren Ellis, it's the only reason they pass.
6). Monica Rambeau & Aquaman, Namor, Ares - Uhhh tough one. Pass.
7). Nova (Richard) & Gladiator - Nova Prime would succeed. Gladiator is strong enough to do it solo in some portrayals I guess.
8). Black Bolt & Juggernaut - Black Bolt succeeds but I don't think Juggernaut is strong enough to do it solo.
9). Dr. Light & Hyperion - Dr. Light at his peak might be able to? Hyperion could do it I guess. He is one of the few Herald level characters with this feat under his belt.

laughing out loud

Wonder Woman needs help from Superman But Thor can do it solo.

Right. Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
So? Atlas is the Greek representation of the Axis of Worlds. The Asgardian equivalent is a giant tree which is dumb AF but it still supports the Multiverse.

Actually, we never saw that. And tbh, if they had left it to him, I have ZERO doubt Hercules would have stepped up to the plate and accomplished it with Earth at risk. That's a bit of a cop-out, granted, but Hercules is Hercules.
Axis mundi was just a magical leyline in that book.

Right, even though it was specifically stated that Hercules can't do it I'm sure he can.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Wonder Woman needs help from Superman But Thor can do it solo.

Right.
Axis mundi was just a magical leyline in that book.

Right, even though it was specifically stated that Hercules can't do it I'm sure he can.

Thor has a similar feat under his belt. He's also stronger than Wonder Woman.

Atlas was holding up the heavens and represented the Axis.

Yo, the way you pick and choose what counts and doesn't is mind boggling. Don't you ever get whiplash? Hercules was down to do it solo, Voyager said that even he can't do solo. Which do you choose to be valid?

abhilegend
Thor has a similar feat under his belt. He's also stronger than Wonder Woman.

Don't tell me, world engine when it wasn't ever specified and here his equal Hercules couldn't do it alone.

Even if I assumed that was true, Superman and Wonder Woman are required to do something Hercules and Sunspot did?

Not laughable in the least.

On a magical axis? I'm sure he did.

laughing out loud

Where he didn't do it solo and specifically stated to be unable to do so.

celeyhyga17
Thor better strength feats than Wondy.

He can solo this. John is not required.

Smurph
Right, even though it was specifically stated that Hercules can't do it I'm sure he can. Meh, characters are more than one writer's interpretation, for better or worse.

---

Also comic numbers are funny. Quick google search tells me that one gigawatt can power roughly 725,000 homes.

So a few hundred thousand gigawatts? That's power for what... 200-300 billion homes? Lol.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Don't tell me, world engine when it wasn't ever specified and here his equal Hercules couldn't do it alone.

Even if I assumed that was true, Superman and Wonder Woman are required to do something Hercules and Sunspot did?

Not laughable in the least.

On a magical axis? I'm sure he did.

laughing out loud

Where he didn't do it solo and specifically stated to be unable to do so.

Can you please restate that sentence in English? I have no idea what you're even saying.

NOW Thor and Hercules are equal? Haha, over on herochat you're arguing Jane Thor > Thor because Hercules said she gave him a harder challenge in a mocking comment.

Smh, you're so triggered about everything Superman, you're not even getting my point straight. You seem to be confused here. I'm not saying you NEED Superman and Wonder Woman. I'm saying I don't see Diana doing it alone, I just mentioned Superman because they've moved the Earth together. Superman can do it alone in some portrayals I'd wager.

The last half of your posts are just words thrown together pointlessly.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Smurph
Meh, characters are more than one writer's interpretation, for better or worse.

---

Also comic numbers are funny. Quick google search tells me that one gigawatt can power roughly 725,000 homes.

So a few hundred thousand gigawatts? That's power for what... 200-300 billion homes? Lol.
In this instance it is upto writer to decide Hercules couldn't do it.

abhilegend
Can you please restate that sentence in English? I have no idea what you're even saying.

You can read I presume?

Different writers, different interpretations.

But Thor can do it in all his portrayals, right?

Because Thor is obviously stronger than Hercules, eh?

Your life seems to be just like that.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Lol... its crazy that these characters are this powerful but Hulk stood in a single spot tanking their attacks. Where is Darksaint at...the Avengers lowballer.

You're like that kid who, everytime he passes a dog, starts barking at it to try and elicit a response.

At best, you're an idiotic kid. At worst, you're a grown ass man, barking and feverishly trying to get some attention, which is kinda sad.

Damborgson
erm

You say that as if Carver is special and its not half the forum lol

DarkSaint85
I'm gonna be the change I want to see in the world thumb up

Damborgson
You'll say it to the one's polite enough to not fire back thumb up

DarkSaint85
Well I know I'm sometimes guilty of it too, so am going to rein it back where I can.

As for the thread, none of them can do it. They all get let down by their partners. Flash could, but not MM. Best chance is GL and Thor, actually.

krisblaze
Who is the weird ****ing scientist with purple hair?

DarkSaint85
Toni Ho. From US Avengers.

Her dad was Yinsen Ho, the guy Stark was imprisoned with when he built the first IM armour.

krisblaze
I remain unimpressed

Rage.Of.Olympus
You can read I presume?

Different writers, different interpretations.

But Thor can do it in all his portrayals, right?

Because Thor is obviously stronger than Hercules, eh?

Your life seems to be just like that.

Soooooo you believe that Jason Aaron sees Hercules and Jane Thor as equals, and Thor Odinson weaker than them?

Yo, can you NOT READ AT ALL? I am tired of quoting my posts to you. I implied the opposite:

"John Stewart & Thor - Stewart is a GL, they have high highs. Thor already did this exact feat except on a larger scale under Warren Ellis, it's the only reason they pass. "

I propose new stakes: Whoever wins our battle zone at the end of this month, has a mod ban them for 2 weeks from the forums.

abhilegend
Soooooo you believe that Jason Aaron sees Hercules and Jane Thor as equals, and Thor Odinson weaker than them?

Going by his writing yes.

So a feat which is never even established as planetary level is being touted as bigger than holding the Earth's rotation steady?

For what purpose?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Going by his writing yes.

So a feat which is never even established as planetary level is being touted as bigger than holding the Earth's rotation steady?

For what purpose?

laughing out loud

You think Jason Aaron views Hercules/Jane Thor > Thor Odinson in strength? Oh boy, I'm not going down this rabbit hole of stupidity. The second greatest rivalry in Marvel beside Thor/Hulk....

I think it's significantly superior to planetary level, yes but I digress, you don't even have a point here, you're just stringing together whatever little English you know to see what sticks.

To give threads a break from your stupidity. Let's make it a month actually. Agreed?

abhilegend
laughing out loud

You think Jason Aaron views Hercules/Jane Thor > Thor Odinson in strength? Oh boy, I'm not going down this rabbit hole of stupidity. The second greatest rivalry in Marvel beside Thor/Hulk....

Well, he stalemated Jane who is objectively stronger than Odinson.

I know why you think so and always wondered how you can be so stupid.

But do enlighten us.

I'm not interested in getting banned.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Objectively? Big claim. Willing to back that up?

Why not? You'll obviously win, being the objectively better poster, I'll be the one banned almost certainly. Just for two weeks.

Damborgson
Its not happening lol.

abhilegend
Objectively? Big claim. Willing to back that up?

Why not? You'll obviously win, being the objectively better poster, I'll be the one banned almost certainly. Just for two weeks.
Not interested in getting banned of anyone.

StiltmanFTW
Not interested in getting banned of anyone.

byOw4AYd7-8

Rage.Of.Olympus
"Battle zone me"

"Okay."

"Too busy for a battle zone actually."

*Spends everyday of the week on KMC.

abhilegend
"Battle zone me"

"Okay."

For a quick chat. Not for a whole BZ.

And I'm going to face you in a BZ.

erm

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ya, we'll see...Confirm the date and the stance in PMs. I stopped gathering scans because you were flakier than a tinder ate who only uses stilt for food.

abhilegend
Ya, we'll see...Confirm the date and the stance in PMs. I stopped gathering scans because you were flakier than a tinder ate who only uses stilt for food.
Are you seriously this dumb or chose to be?

You asked for April end?

DarkSaint85
"Battle zone me"

"Okay."

"Judge a BZ"

"OK"

"Too busy, gotta drop out. Use Digi instead."

*Spends everyday of the week on KMC*.

Damborgson
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
"Judge a BZ"

"OK"

"Too busy, gotta drop out. Use Digi instead."

*Spends everyday of the week on KMC*.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/unFLKoAV3TkXe/giphy.gif

leonidas
laughing out loud

Stoic
I'd like to mention that a Storm/Wonder Woman team up at this point would be one of the most impressive team ups on this list right now. Storm has gotten her mystical hammer back, and has resumed her title as Goddess.

StyleTime
I wonder if it's going to last for more than one issue. Goddess Storm is fighting Scythian with Stormcaster in one book.
https://postimg.cc/image/bynllci6z/

Meanwhile, Cassandra Nova is making regular Storm fight Jean's squad in Wakanda in another book.
https://postimg.cc/image/7pivj6ud7/
https://postimg.cc/image/ktofvvep7/

Storm developing Wolverine syndrome.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.