Could Professor Xavier walk?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Geldorn
I've always wondered why Charles Xavier doesn't use his mental powers to walk instead of using a wheelchair. It would be easier for himself. Could be I'm missing some important fact...

Is it possible?

Kes
He can only read peoples minds and make people do stuff. cant see how he can make himself walk. in the marvel site who get their history and I think it says why he cant walk. they where crushed or something, cant remember.

Geldorn
Thanks for answering, I knew i got something wrong there. It's Jean Grey that is able to manipulate objects, I thought they were both capable of doing that stuff.

Phoenix
Does anyone know why he can't walk? I figured he broke his spine at the waist or something...

Kes
I think his legs were crushed but that he as felling in them, just not strengh.

MaverickIce
Well in recent comics, (new xmen, uncanny) xavier can walk, don't know how or why, he just can.

Darth Vicious
well he lost the use of his legs twice, dont remember how the first one happened but the second time was with a fight with the Shadow King and he can walk now because his twin sister(complicated story)took over his mind and when he regain control he found out he could walk but i doubt its for long

Marvelgeek
The first time was when he tried to stop the alien Lucifer in tibet along time ago (first told in uncanny X-men #20). Lucifer got away by reliesing a huge trap on Prof, and his legs were crushed. Eventually his soul were transfered to a clonebody after it had been transformed into a broodqueen. And later Shadow King crushed them in the astral plane.
Thanks for telling the story about Cassandra Nova Xavier, I didnt know how it happened either, but now I do.

Ness
since he's physic should just lift himself up and kinda walk or get a hover chair like Yoda.

Metroplex
I think he does have a hover chair.

Kes
His power is not like that. He can control minds and create ilusions,not move stuff around.

Marvelgeek

Ness
he did at 1st

CaptainInsano
In Ultimate X-men vol.4 he sorta floats over some stairs and in the first volume you see how he gets paralized. Both Xavier and Magneto have a fight and magneto shoves a metal pole into charles's back

Blopster
Xavier can walk now in the comics because Xorn (a new addition to the X-Men team, who's mutant power is basicly hyper-healing) healed his body in an attempt to mess with Cassandra's mind (suddenly being able to walk would be kinda distracting) and it was discovered after he was transferred back into his body, Xavier could walk because of Xorn. He still carries around a cane with him, since he's still having some trouble getting used to walking again.

And Cassandra actually switched bodies with Xavier, since hers was dying from pretty much every single disease known to man. When her body was close to death, Jean removed Xavier's mind and actually broke it apart and merged it with every mutant's mind on the planet. Cassandra attempted to take these merged pieces in order to boost her own power, but was defeated by Xavier and forced out, into the body of one of the Shi'ar Imperial Guards (Stuff, a shapeshifter who took on Cassandra's form, since her real body died) and is now trapped there.

Kes
Cool!

collosus
his power has a flaw he has gain so much power he loses the use of his legs

Jason Horan
Yeah, it's because of the extreme mental power that he loses the use of his legs big grin

In an episode of the original cartoon X-men, on a trip to the savage lands his mutant abilitys had been stopped by Mr sinister and with that he gained the ability to walk again big grin

hope that help you guys big grin

GambitEVOFan1
I thought he lost the use of his legs because of a car accident blink

Jason Horan
Not according to my sources stick out tongue

GambitEVOFan1
im always wrong embarrasment

Jason Horan
No your not wrong theres so many different universes of X-men the one I said was the most common one wink

GambitEVOFan1
eek! Oh ok!

Kes
In 40 years of xmen I'm sure he lost the use of his legs in 40 different ways wink

Jason Horan
laughing out loud LOL to true, nice call laughing out loud

GambitEVOFan1
laughing I agree

kohl
first time he lost use of his legs was indeed when lucifer dropped a stone block on him. second time was after he and the x-men battled shadow king (he broke his spine.)

GambitEVOFan1
Wait so he lost the use of his legs twice? blink

kohl
as far as i know.

NightLova7
Hmmmmm... confused miffed blink The strain on my mind is like... Woooahhh. lol Who knows, I sure don't!

Mystique
i cried when i saw Proff.X fall out of his wheelchair on Xmen evolution im pathetic lol

Paola
lol

GambitEVOFan1
Thats so weird because i actually cracked up!I thought it was halarious for some reason!I kno im a horrible person and im going to hell

Paola
laughing out loud

GambitEVOFan1
laughing out loud did ne one else notice that his wheel chair tips over alot in evolution??

Shadow_King
i never liked his wheel chair in evo i always liked the chair he had in X-MEN TAS

Princess Re
hmm how did he end up in a wheelchair?

Shadow_King
why dont you just read the posts

Princess Re
stick out tongue cuz i don't wanna!

Shadow_King
then dont ask such stupid question

Princess Re
w/e

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.