Do you play an orchestral musical instrument?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Christina B
Yes!

Beniboybling
yes, namely my own trumpet and the heart strings of cute boyz

Christina B
Originally posted by Beniboybling
yes, namely my own trumpet and the heart strings of cute boyz big grin

Kurk
Violin/Viola/Cello

Impediment
7 years of percussion in junior high and high school.

Christina B
Originally posted by Kurk
Violin/Viola/Cello Wow! That's great because string instruments are as such a necessary asset to creating a musical sound. I've wanted to play all three of those instruments. I did piano/organ/voice in college. I started wanting to sing at age 5 and to play violin at 6. I'm sorta at a loss here because I started violin at 29, the month before turning 30.

The rules said we could post videos, I think, so here's something I recorded a few times tonight I like a lot I can play. I recently started getting more advanced and am using this to audition to play or attend and watch a camp in Germany, with an orchestra I follow online every day.

*If we aren't allowed to post videos, you can delete this post for me, thanks! I just didn't know cuz I read the rules and didn't see it say we couldn't.

linkOriginally posted by Impediment
7 years of percussion in junior high and high school. Wow, that is quite an accomplishment. I guess you're through, now? Retired to the quiet life or that of an "introvert?" Happy Dance

I actually played glockenspiel in band in 12th grade, a new band at a Catholic high school, and my 2nd semester of college at Loyola University New Orleans. It was a best experience that band in college! Everyone blowing their hearts out on their major instrument at a prestigious music school. I was in church/school choir mostly age 8-18, too.

Emperordmb
Nah, I have a lot of talents, playing instruments is not one of them.

Also if we're going for self congratulatory metaphors, I prefer "verbally fellating myself" or "sucking the koolaid out of my own dick" to any instrument metaphor.

Christina B
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Nah, I have a lot of talents, playing instruments is not one of them.

Also if we're going for self congratulatory metaphors, I prefer "verbally fellating myself" or "sucking the koolaid out of my own dick" to any instrument metaphor. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy0205.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.