Captain America vs Iron Man with a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
Rules for the fight:

- No SSS for Steve. However, he retains all fighting skills and experience he has accumulated as Cap.

- Younger, pre-Iron Man Tony. So, young and healthy, but zero training or combat experience at this point.

So, it's a completely unskilled but healthy Tony vs a sickly, yet highly trained and experienced Steve.

So, who comes out on top?

FrothByte
I have to back Tony. All the training Steve has won't do him much good if his body can't deliver the necessary power to make the techniques effective. It's basically the same as asking if a 90 pound trained woman can take on a 180 pound athletic man. I'll back the man 9 out of 10 times.

TheVaultDweller
Well, RDJ is apparently 5'8" and about 170lbs. But not all strikes need power though. Something like a throat strike (which Steve used during the elevator fight in TWS, IIRC) doesn't actually need to be that hard to hurt someone. Honestly, I see Steve's size as being is biggest handicap. Even at 5'8", Tony is going to have a big reach advantage. But then it's also not like Steve hasn't fought bigger and stronger opponents, even as Cap (Ultron Prime being an example).

Dreampanther
I'll probably put my money on Steve. I might have watched too many kung fu movies but it seems that a highly skilled and experienced fighter, even though smaller and weaker, should be able to take out a bigger and stronger fighter with no skills and no experience. As you said, a throat strike can incapacitate or smashing a knee sideways means Tony won't be able to stand up straight.

In the Spidey fight Steve showed he can quickly adapt and use the environment to his advantage so his tactical brain should be able to come up with a solution.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Rules for the fight:

- No SSS for Steve. However, he retains all fighting skills and experience he has accumulated as Cap.

- Younger, pre-Iron Man Tony. So, young and healthy, but zero training or combat experience at this point.

So, it's a completely unskilled but healthy Tony vs a sickly, yet highly trained and experienced Steve.

So, who comes out on top?

Cap, since i assume this is Tony without the suit.

Darth Thor
Well, RDJ is apparently 5'8" and about 170lbs.

Is he really? I would have guessed at least 5.10 given he doesnt seem like a midget next to Evans and Hemsworth (though of course they still dwarf him)

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Is he really? I would have guessed at least 5.10 given he doesnt seem like a midget next to Evans and Hemsworth (though of course they still dwarf him)

He uses specific footwear to make him look taller in some films.

https://www.celebheights.com/s/Robert-Downey-Jr-523.html

I rounded up because f*** it, what's 1/4 of an inch?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Dreampanther
I'll probably put my money on Steve. I might have watched too many kung fu movies but it seems that a highly skilled and experienced fighter, even though smaller and weaker, should be able to take out a bigger and stronger fighter with no skills and no experience. As you said, a throat strike can incapacitate or smashing a knee sideways means Tony won't be able to stand up straight.

In the Spidey fight Steve showed he can quickly adapt and use the environment to his advantage so his tactical brain should be able to come up with a solution.

In those kung-fu movies. the smaller, weaker fighter is still physically fit and is usually much faster and more agile than the bigger unskilled opponent.

In this case because of his sickness, not only will Steve be smaller and weaker, he'll also be slower, less agile, less durable, less coordinated and with weaker endurance.

Yes, a throat strike can work... if he can manage to land it, which will be difficult considering he's going to be a lot slower than Tony plus he won't have the necessary muscle coordination to make precise strikes.

FrothByte
He uses specific footwear to make him look taller in some films.

https://www.celebheights.com/s/Robert-Downey-Jr-523.html

I rounded up because f*** it, what's 1/4 of an inch?

But are we talking about RDJ or Tony Stark? If they make RDJ wear elevator shoes so that as Tony Stark he looks 5'10" or so, then shouldn't we assume that Tony Stark in this fight is 5'10"?

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
But are we talking about RDJ or Tony Stark? If they make RDJ wear elevator shoes so that as Tony Stark he looks 5'10" or so, then shouldn't we assume that Tony Stark in this fight is 5'10"?

Eh, it doesn't really matter all that much. I've actually noticed in the past that he sometimes seems taller at one point than at other points, so he is not always wearing the height enhancing shoes. Either way, there will be a notable reach advantage.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by FrothByte
In those kung-fu movies. the smaller, weaker fighter is still physically fit and is usually much faster and more agile than the bigger unskilled opponent.

In this case because of his sickness, not only will Steve be smaller and weaker, he'll also be slower, less agile, less durable, less coordinated and with weaker endurance.

Yes, a throat strike can work... if he can manage to land it, which will be difficult considering he's going to be a lot slower than Tony plus he won't have the necessary muscle coordination to make precise strikes.

All fair points. Still putting my money on Steve, though cool

h1a8

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.