Morrison JLA or WS Authority, who has better odds...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1492361263l/6089702.jpg

...of beating Death Seed Sentry?
Pictured lineups.
No prep for anyone, fights for each would be in NYC.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ab/29/4d/ab294d0e4798717508abd39f8855adb4.jpg

DarkSaint85
Authority.

Because of Rose and the Doctor/Jenny.

JLA would be too reliant on MM or the lasso, both of which could net them the win.

riv6672
Hadnt thought of the lasso. thumb up

Digi
Authority have a ton more overall power, but the JLA does have a path to victory. If J'onn is quick enough to realize Jenny's weakness to telepathy, he could do exactly what Jackson King did and pit her and the Doctor against one another. Which we've learned is a stalemate for long enough that the rest of the battle could play out. At that point, the JLA have the advantage in the rest of the fight, and could likely overwhelm the Doctor once they're done taking out the rest.

Or Jenny and the Doctor turn them into ham sandwiches. There's not much wiggle room between those two possible outcomes.

DarkSaint85
Digi, you're the worst thumb up

xJLxKing
JLA

More versatility

beatboks
Originally posted by xJLxKing
JLA

More versatility

O_o. ????

How does one get more versatile than a reality warper??
The Doctor can make whatever he wants a reality by just biulding a detailed picture in his head

JLA Fubard

Digi
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Digi, you're the worst thumb up

thumb up

leonidas
laughing out loud he means you were too lazy to read the op...

Digi
Lol, well sure, when the OP hides it like that between two big ol' pictures. I am not ashamed at all. Can't bury the lead, riv. We're here to **** around and rep our favorites, not read stuff.

wink

Anyway, definitely Authority then. Doctor could replicate any telepathic feat J'onn could, and it's likely that either of these teams would need to find a way to negate what amounts to his immortality. Assuming he counters offensive matter manipulation, I could see Jenny or Doctor going to a handful of planes of existence to try to rewrite his connection to Death. I'm not sure what the lasso might do, but brute force isn't going to handle this. As DS mentions, the presence of Rose is also interesting, as she's an avatar of death as well. No idea how the two would interact, though.

Can DS Sentry be BFR'd permanently? A perma-ban to the Speed Force might work, for example, a la SBP.

riv6672

riv6672
That was me not burying the lead.

Philosophía
Justice League has 4 members that can solo him.

Authority only has two.

So...

Stoic
Neither team has a chance.

Digi
Originally posted by riv6672
That was me not burying the lead.

laughing out loud

Good, you're learning.

fdog

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Authority.

Because of Rose and the Doctor/Jenny.

JLA would be too reliant on MM or the lasso, both of which could net them the win.

I forget, wasn't one of the archers a member?

One of them had a Phantom Zone Arrow in Infinite Crisis..

Also, Jakeem Thunder, and his pet 5d imp.

"Id"
The thread is asking which line up has a better chance DS Sentry.

cdtm
Originally posted by "Id"
The thread is asking which line up has a better chance DS Sentry.

He said "Morrison and "Wildstorm", though.

If he meant everyone in the images, allright, but I figured he took the first thing he found off image search and isn't setting up a specific roster outside the stated stips.

riv6672

MrMind
authority has 2 reality warpers, as uber as JLA could be, they have no answer for the doctor and jenny

Glorificus
Originally posted by MrMind
authority has 2 reality warpers, as uber as JLA could be, they have no answer for the doctor and jenny

They do.

Speed and telepathy.

riv6672
smh haha

beatboks
O_o. ????!!!

I dont see a single JLA who is soloing DSS. Blue Supes would make it a decent fight and last a while but I believe he needs at least a little help to get over the edge. Certainly noone else.

beatboks
Originally posted by Glorificus
They do.

Speed and telepathy.

Not that it matters because the thread isnt about JLA vs Authority. But TP amd Speed isnt working vs tje Doctor. He can reality and time manip. Flaah is nothing to Zoom whos play over time <<<<<<the doctor.

Neither is doing much vs DSS EITHER

Pillow Biter
What are the differences between DSS and normal Sentry? Do they both have the same access to potentially unlimited power?

Philosophía
Originally posted by beatboks
O_o. ????!!!

I dont see a single JLA who is soloing DSS. Blue Supes would make it a decent fight and last a while but I believe he needs at least a little help to get over the edge. Certainly noone else. Blue Superman would shitstomp him. There's nothing Death Sentry can do to him.

Flash would never be touched. He could steal his speed, and IMP him into unconsciousness. Or the reverse.

Wonder Woman would lasso and cut him to pieces. Regenerate and do it all again. Block all of his attacks with her bracelets. She's far faster, so he wouldn't really be able to do shit.

J'onn can go intangible and take his time phasing inside of him/TP skill etc.

riv6672
^^^well all thats pretty debatable, no pun intended.

MrMind
jeez, riv6672 is on my ignore so i did not see the body of the original post, if I knew it was about fighting sentry i wouldnt even comment on this thread.

there are multiple members on both team that can solo sentry. marvel and their weak shit

riv6672

Stoic

cdtm
Originally posted by MrMind

JLA has Batman.

riv6672
You played the Bat card?!?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
Kind of funny that.

But yeah DS Sentry kicks all of their asses. Actually they'd all get together to figure out which way they should go in order to retreat, because after all, it's the better part of valor, blah blah.

They aren't messing with a normal flesh and blood character here. DS Sentry has total control over the Void, and the Sentry, and the kicker is that none of them can kill him. He's a solidified figment of Bob's mind. Beating him for these guys would be like talking to a wall.

The giant Sand Worm was his way out or does anyone here think that Marvel was going to let the Wasp, and Thor die? It was one or the other, so we should all agree that it was PIS and never bother bringing it up again (wishful thinking I know, but still...).

Neither is Energy Superman flesh and blood.

Nor is Rose Tattoo (I think. It's weird with her).

riv6672
^^^What is -she- made if? I cant find anything.

Digi
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^What is -she- made if? I cant find anything.

Like a lot of the Authority, it's dealt with in conceptual terms that are difficult to quantify in a vs. setting. So like, yes, she's more or less human. But her "power" as avatar of Death (sorry, Murder, but still the abstract concept of Murder) is that she can kill anyone. Again...Anyone. But they leave it purposely vague, so we don't really know if she's draining life force, literally embodying the abstract idea that is Death, etc. etc.

Suffice it to say, I'd be really interested to see what happens if she, say, kissed DS Sentry, and not for any of the reasons some of you degenerates would.

stick out tongue

riv6672

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.