See the doc and be a better you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
I'm a hugh spidey fan and one of my all time fav comics is avenging spiderman 15.1 where ock inhabits petes body. If doc ock duplicated his takeover tactic like he did with Peter which marvel hero would, could, and/or should doc ock improve the life of and make a "superior" version of themselves.

SquallX

riv6672
D-Man.

Digi
Ock wasn't superior in any meaningful way; that was one of the main themes of the arc. He held back less, but wasn't courageous or heroic in a way that could prevent the most personal or devastating tragedies. We could also get into the idea that being more inspiring, selfless and - yes - moral has long-term consequences that do good beyond the specific acts a hero takes.

He'd do some flashy sh*t, then give control back to the real hero(es), just like before. Very few would see a long-term benefit. The only argument I could see would be with heroes that already have a questionable moral compass, like Punisher. Though again, his drive and tenacity give him long-term advantages that Ock could only dream of, so even that may be a wash imo.

riv6672

Scarlet315

riv6672

Scarlet315
Originally posted by Digi
Ock wasn't superior in any meaningful way; that was one of the main themes of the arc. He held back less, but wasn't courageous or heroic in a way that could prevent the most personal or devastating tragedies. We could also get into the idea that being more inspiring, selfless and - yes - moral has long-term consequences that do good beyond the specific acts a hero takes.

He'd do some flashy sh*t, then give control back to the real hero(es), just like before. Very few would see a long-term benefit. The only argument I could see would be with heroes that already have a questionable moral compass, like Punisher. Though again, his drive and tenacity give him long-term advantages that Ock could only dream of, so even that may be a wash imo.
Spocks methods of getting the job done were questionable and i could easily say not heroic at times but just saying that he wasn't superior in any meaningful way; i have to disagree. I remember the promos for the superior spiderman when they said he would be stronger, faster in everyway and he was, because unlike Peter not to say the latter couldnt but often held back where ock just didnt. Ock got rid of MJ which really did surprise me and that's before he completely got parker out of his system. I think he mentioned how she's a liability or something like that. The way he stopped vulture for good was something i would have never condoned either but whats done is done and i was surprised toomes was using kids for his plans. His war on crime was way more efficient instead of just stumbling on them like parker does. He had Jonah in the palm of his hands though again not heroic. And he was instrumental in setting up Pete with Parker industries which note surpasses Stark enterprises.

I liked how they released the comic close to new years kind of symbolic to me like giving parker a list of new years revolution. I wouldn't mind if ock took over for me for a bit. Probably get me to go viral on Youtube, be cocky enough to get any girl i like and being more time efficient. That splash page of him in that comic is my top 5 all time favorite comic where hes going over how parkers intelligent but hasnt really applied himself to science like he does and how his designs never went far and daring enough. He mentioned how his life is chaos and he was undisciplined then said he held back...Dope!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.