Colossus VS Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dareangel
i personally believe colossus is losing many fight he shouldnt in the comics. he is powerful but for some reason, he is not treated well. marvel likes to show the enemies breaching his hide and owning him. well lets see some love for colossus here. iw ant your honest opinion but i want you to show some love for the guy

Facee
Dam good fight. Taking Namor because of the speed advantage and good track record vs heralds.

Dareangel
Originally posted by Facee
Dam good fight. Taking Namor because of the speed advantage and good track record vs heralds.

thank you for the answer. but you also need to show some love to colossus... now show us the love

Facee
Originally posted by Dareangel
thank you for the answer. but you also need to show some love to colossus... now show us the love
Sure, right after you kiss my emperor asss! Now kneel vermin!

cdtm
Colossus is kind of an underachiever, yeah. He's really the only heavy hitter who outright gave up to Champion, instead of getting bounced because of some technicality.

Outside of water, he may win on attrition, since he's supposed to have infinite stamina. Namor tires/dries out, he doesn't.

abhilegend
Namor punches his lights out.

tkitna
Namor

Dareangel
Originally posted by Facee
Sure, right after you kiss my emperor asss! Now kneel vermin!

but what will colossus think of that?

Genii96
Namor kicks his teeth in easily

juggernaut74
Colossus will fillet this tool up for dinner.

abhilegend
Right.

zopzop
Namor. He's superior in every way with the possible exception of durability.

ShadowFyre
Namor wins and easily

juggernaut74
Originally posted by cdtm
Colossus is kind of an underachiever, yeah. He's really the only heavy hitter who outright gave up to Champion, I recall Colossus being the only guy to last almost a full round against Champion. And if I recall correctly the ref stopped the fight, Colossus kept getting up.

StiltmanFTW
He fell.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/117571/3586481-mtioann7_colossus.jpg

juggernaut74
But he didn't quit, the ref stopped the fight. In fact the narration says he refused to surrender.

StiltmanFTW
Until...

juggernaut74
Until the ref called it.

StiltmanFTW
You're the worst Piotr fanboy on this site, you know that, right? stick out tongue

Namor wrecks him.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You're the worst Piotr fanboy on this site, you know that, right? stick out tongue

Namor wrecks him. cdtm made the claim that Colossus gave up when he fought the Champion when that clearly wasn't the case.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Namor would two-shot him imho.

lawest9
On land I think Colossus has a chance, otherwise.............

juggernaut74
Originally posted by lawest9
On land I think Colossus has a chance, otherwise............. Thing has defeated Namor in the deep and he needs to breathe, Colossus does not need to breathe.

lawest9
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Thing has defeated Namor in the deep and he needs to breathe, Colossus does not need to breathe. Is Colossus as strong as Ben?

juggernaut74
Yes, most likely stronger.

abhilegend
Namor has also oneshotted Thing on land.

He was going toe to toe with Hyperion just recently and smacked away Zarda like nothing. Colossus could only dream about such a showing.

juggernaut74
Luke Cage gave Namor a good scrap iirc.

Stoic
Originally posted by abhilegend
Namor punches his lights out.

abhilegend
Cage also defeated Colossus in Axis.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Dareangel
i personally believe colossus is losing many fight he shouldnt in the comics. he is powerful but for some reason, he is not treated well. marvel likes to show the enemies breaching his hide and owning him. well lets see some love for colossus here. iw ant your honest opinion but i want you to show some love for the guy

I don't see Colossus beating Namor. It won't be a one-punch KO or anything, but Namor is in a definitive tier above him.

Colossus is about due for a writer to come on-board that actually treats him well, as it's been a while, so some modern feats would be nice. Still, I wouldn't expect anything Namor-beating out of him either way.

One Big Mob
Namor is like right there with the higher ups in Marvel. A lot of people thinking he's far below in Colossus class is bios.

Namor would give a far better fight against someone like Hercules than Colossus should give to Namor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
A fully hydrated Namor is basically a really good fight for the Marvel Elites like Hercules, Thor, Sentry, Hyperion, Beta Ray Bill and Hulk most times from his history.

He's far more likely to two piece Colossus than Colossus could put up a fight.

In Dark Avengers, Namor was putting up a scrap against Sentry. Cyclops had to make a deal with Hela because no one else could hope to stop Ares. Colossus was right there and he was put aside to fight Venom...that's about how I'd accurately view the power hierarchies tbh.

Namor has showings like beating Wonder Man down with Ares' body, fighting Sentry, beating Hulk, having the edge over Hercules etc. Any of the real classic Marvel writers consider Namor a top tier on par with the big boys. He'd beat the snot out of Colossus imo easily. He's far more of a challenge to the big boys similar to Wonder Woman but not as dangerous because of no weapons.

I remember it being a brief clash with Namor beating She-Hulk up with Cage's corpse.

I think Thing trapped Namor underwater in AvX but that's like a horribly low showing for Namor.

-Pr-
I honestly thought I remembered Namor having a few notable losses that brought his average down. Oh well.

One Big Mob
Namor has never lost. Everytime you think he has, he ran out of water

-Pr-
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Namor has never lost. Everytime you think he has, he ran out of water

So like when Mindset runs out of rohypnol.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by -Pr-
I honestly thought I remembered Namor having a few notable losses that brought his average down. Oh well.

Not really. Like, being 40/60 with Thor, Hulk, and Hercules is pretty damn good.

There is stuff like a Namor weakened by polluted water having trouble without Spiderman in like 1960. I'm sure he has some odd stuff here and there but everyone does.

krisblaze
Thor is equal to Herc and Hulk from the 70s? lmao

abhilegend
Originally posted by krisblaze
Thor is equal to Herc and Hulk from the 70s? lmao
?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Not really. Like, being 40/60 with Thor, Hulk, and Hercules is pretty damn good.

There is stuff like a Namor weakened by polluted water having trouble without Spiderman in like 1960. I'm sure he has some odd stuff here and there but everyone does.

The idea I had in my head was that he'd been toned down in recent years. Don't recall how or why that thought occurred to me.

Genii96
The idea I had in my head was that he'd been toned down in recent years. Don't recall how or why that thought occurred to me.

Its quite the opposite tbh

vansonbee
I recall Colossus having trouble dealing with Nimrod, while Namor was tearing them apart with ease.

The Sentry fight was him holding back in fights and was probably trying to talk Namor down.

tkitna
Originally posted by vansonbee

The Sentry fight was him holding back in fights and was probably trying to talk Namor down.

I believe they met up twice. Once I think was one of those deals where it looked good for Namor because the Sentry was no longer on panel or involved in the fight (typical of a writer getting him out of the picture} and the other fight was a pretty pissed of Sentry in which Namor was powerless to even mount one offensive strike. It was a short fight and Namor was fine afterwards, but if it was allowed to continue, I doubt Namor would have lived through it.

-Pr-
Originally posted by vansonbee
I recall Colossus having trouble dealing with Nimrod, while Namor was tearing them apart with ease.

Colossus was doing fine one on one, iirc, until they all ganged up on him.

StiltmanFTW
Namor is an absolute monster.

It's Colossus who got kinda neglected in the "modern era". His best recent pure str feat is what, stopping a Sentinel from stomping on him?

Hell, as a teenager and pre-Magneto upgrade he was able to stop the Secret Wars spaceship from crashing... while injured, iirc...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Namor withstood a Vibranium knife to his heart, Black Bolt's whisper at point blank and an orbitary fall to a planet in quick succession. It all stunned him for a few seconds. 2/3 of those things would often kill anyone weaker than Wonder Woman (All 3 sometimes, even she was doubtful to survive reentry recently in JLA) to below and Namor's weakness is heat.

If you made a Namor respect thread, he's the king of relative feats for mid-heralds next to Magneto.

StiltmanFTW
It was a shout, not a whisper.

Damborgson
And Black Bolt was still weakened iirc.

-Pr-
Namor is an absolute monster.

It's Colossus who got kinda neglected in the "modern era". His best recent pure str feat is what, stopping a Sentinel from stomping on him?

Hell, as a teenager and pre-Magneto upgrade he was able to stop the Secret Wars spaceship from crashing... while injured, iirc...

Yeah, after Whedon he doesn't have much, and even then it was mostly durability stuff.

juggernaut74
Colossus was doing fine one on one, iirc, until they all ganged up on him. Namor was fighting like 1, 4 or 5 ganged up on Colossus.

-Pr-
Namor was fighting like 1, 4 or 5 ganged up on Colossus.

Most of the "senior" X-Men were doing fine, iirc, as long as they were only fighting one or two at a time.

juggernaut74
Yeah, after Whedon he doesn't have much, and even then it was mostly durability stuff. He's got some good feats, just last year he held up a skyscraper long enough for Nightcrawler to evacuate it. He also stopped a Sentinel from trying to crush him in X-Force as stilt mentioned.

-Pr-
He's got some good feats, just last year he held up a skyscraper long enough for Nightcrawler to evacuate it. He also stopped a Sentinel from trying to crush him in X-Force as stilt mentioned.

In X-Men Gold, yeah. Not what I would have thought exceptional mind you, but still decent.

juggernaut74
In X-Men Gold, yeah. Not what I would have thought exceptional mind you, but still decent. Another feat that is overlooked is Hulk saying that Colossus might have been a good match for him before his World War Hulk levels.

-Pr-
I try not to think about that book, tbh.

StiltmanFTW
I try not to think about that book, tbh.

Pakhulk has destroyed everyone in that event and even worse stuff happened later.

Like Dark Dimension smashed to bits laughing out loud

X-Men performed extremely well, all things considered.

h1a8
Namor

Genii96
It was a shout, not a whisper.

It was an entire statement, a series of whispers that ended in the shout,the whispers didn't even move namor

Originally posted by Damborgson
And Black Bolt was still weakened iirc.
No he wasn't, he had been healed prior to that

sonicwires
if colossus can breathe underwater? if so , then he wins but eventually this fight will end up in the water .
- colossus hits hard but not hard enough to KO namor ,namor eventually wins , with flight and bfr namor will get him in the water and hold him there
also namor is faster .. all colossus has is durabiltiy and strenght i think colossus is a 200 tonner am i right?

Bentley
Namor losing vs Thing on water was a high showing. Thing just used his Galactus toppling mode in that fight.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by abhilegend
Namor has also oneshotted Thing on land.

He was going toe to toe with Hyperion just recently and smacked away Zarda like nothing. Colossus could only dream about such a showing. Fighting toe to toe with Gladiator in the Blue area of the moon.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by sonicwires
if colossus can breathe underwater? if so , then he wins but eventually this fight will end up in the water .
- colossus hits hard but not hard enough to KO namor ,namor eventually wins , with flight and bfr namor will get him in the water and hold him there
also namor is faster .. all colossus has is durabiltiy and strenght i think colossus is a 200 tonner am i right?

Technically, he does not NEED to breathe when armored.

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/36000341/Uncanny_X-Men_150-012.jpg.html

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Fighting toe to toe with Gladiator in the Blue area of the moon. Now it's a party.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Fighting toe to toe with Gladiator in the Blue area of the moon.

And losing.

-Pr-
Technically, he does not NEED to breathe when armored.

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/36000341/Uncanny_X-Men_150-012.jpg.html

Also:

https://s7d1.turboimg.net/t/38538654_Excalibur116-21.jpg https://s7d1.turboimg.net/t/38538661_spider-woman_38-_page_09_-.jpg

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

From three different books, nice.

-Pr-
thumb up Thanks. There's another old Uncanny one I've been trying to upload, but turbo is being a ****.

Here:

https://imgur.com/1BN98Bu

It's Uncanny #146.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, turbo fails a lot. Postimg, too. BUT they haven't f*cked its users as badly as photobucket, imo... which seemed eternal, only to get infested with ads and demand payment these days laughing out loud

Imgur seems like the best img hosting site atm (need to start using it)... but that can change.

Here:

https://imgur.com/1BN98Bu

It's Uncanny #146.

Thanks.

Is it the first time we find out he doesn't require oxygen?

-Pr-
Yeah, turbo fails a lot. Postimg, too. BUT they haven't f*cked its users as badly as photobucket, imo... which seemed eternal, only to get infested with ads and demand payment these days laughing out loud

Imgur seems like the best img hosting site atm (need to start using it)... but that can change.

Thanks.

Is it the first time we find out he doesn't require oxygen?

Funny you should ask that. Both Spider-Woman and Uncanny came out in 1981, are listed as coming out in June, and both are written by Claremont.

One of them definitely is.

One Big Mob
Funny you should ask that. Both Spider-Woman and Uncanny came out in 1981, are listed as coming out in June, and both are written by Claremont.

One of them definitely is. Vety interesting factoid. thumb up

Namor punches a hole in Colossus

-Pr-
Thanks, things ruiner.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

One of them definitely is.

Ah, so it's one of those cases when it's hard to determine which one came out first. Thanks.

So, the space incident must've been about Piotr being afraid of the vacuum, not the lack of air per se...

Philosophía
Piotr being afraid of the vacuum

http://www.capitalequipment.net.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/HVR200R.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e4/02/b3/e402b35496ee7b9a20f1b89a83f75e38.jpg

Well, at least Colossus has a personal villain.

-Pr-
laughing out loud

Ah, so it's one of those cases when it's hard to determine which one came out first. Thanks.

So, the space incident must've been about Piotr being afraid of the vacuum, not the lack of air per se...

And yet in X-Force years later, he's jumping out of spaceships without a care in the world. Once Claremont left, any consistency regarding Colossus's powers took a massive ****ing dive.

One Big Mob

juggernaut74
And losing. Did Namor beat Hyperion?

carver9
I could've sworn Hyperion killed Namor.

carver9
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111202308/5853863-3.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111202308/5853864-4.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, but Namor came back.

And yet in X-Force years later, he's jumping out of spaceships without a care in the world. Once Claremont left, any consistency regarding Colossus's powers took a massive ****ing dive.

Like you said. Years later.

Perhaps Colossus realized he had nothing to be afraid of.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by carver9
I could've sworn Hyperion killed Namor. I thought they said Namor went toe to toe with Hyperion?

-Pr-
Yeah, but Namor came back.

Like you said. Years later.

Perhaps Colossus realized he had nothing to be afraid of.

That or someone who knew what they were doing was writing him. It's like him being anathema to demons; that got forgotten real ****ing quick when they wanted to do all that Illyana bollocks.

StiltmanFTW
That or someone who knew what they were doing was writing him. It's like him being anathema to demons; that got forgotten real ****ing quick when they wanted to do all that Illyana bollocks.

Heh. Yeah, he did have that significant resistance to magic... I remember that scan with tentacles that used to be reposted so often here.

-Pr-
Heh. Yeah, he did have that significant resistance to magic... I remember that scan with tentacles that used to be reposted so often here.

Yeah. I really thought it was really nice how Claremont actually took the time to add in those little things about their powers that made them seem a little more special and unique. Like how the Horsemen or S'ym had trouble infecting him because Claremont liked making him immune to such things.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah. I really thought it was really nice how Claremont actually took the time to add in those little things about their powers that made them seem a little more special and unique. Like how the Horsemen or S'ym had trouble infecting him because Claremont liked making him immune to such things.

Claremont was also the first writer to give Wolverine superhuman physicals, which were the by-products of his healing factor. That was Len Wein's (R.I.P.) intention as well, as he originally viewed Wolverine as having Spider-Man level strength and agility, but he didn't get the chance to elaborate on it in those Hulk comics featuring Wolverine.

Chris was the best, period. We're lucky he still writes for Marvel from time to time.

Fun fact: in one comic, Wolverine actually introduces himself as Chris Claremont.

Real TOAA confirmed.

-Pr-
Claremont was also the first writer to give Wolverine superhuman physicals, which were the by-products of his healing factor. That was Len Wein's (R.I.P.) intention as well, as he originally viewed Wolverine as having Spider-Man level strength and agility, but he didn't get the chance to elaborate on it in those Hulk comics featuring Wolverine.

Chris was the best, period. We're lucky he still writes for Marvel from time to time.

Fun fact: in one comic, Wolverine actually introduces himself as Chris Claremont.

Real TOAA confirmed.

laughing out loud

There's a theory I have that's been in my head for a while. It's that X-Men, and perhaps only X-Men, is a comic that needs a long-term writer to be good. Someone coming in for 6-12 issues will not produce good work.

You pick almost any other superhero, and there's a fair amount of leeway you get with them as long as you know the bullet points. Because the X-Men grew up right in front of us, and their history is so intertwined with their current-selves, you have to have someone that knows the characters to a level that makes sense. In a Batman story, you can have the Joker as a villain without referencing his other escapades, but the Phoenix? Sinister? Magneto?

There's baggage there, and all the best X-Men stories use that baggage to craft good narratives. It's when they don't use it, that we get shit like Bendis making a ****ing mess of things.

riv6672

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.