What's up with ICE?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rockydonovang
Farm owner claims that Ice
-> Investigated private property without a warrant
-> Violently arrested a legal immigrant
-> Attacked the farmer
-> Destroyed video evidence

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2018/04/ upstate_ny_farmer_says_ice_officers_stormed_his_fa
rm_without_a_warrant_cuffed_hi.html
http://www.newsweek.com/ice-raid-farm-warrant-immigrant-893388

-> Trump's admin has yet to investigate
-> ICE has yet to comment on the incident

A report on how ICE circumvents the 4th ammendment
https://theintercept.com/2018/02/23/ice-search-seizure-handbook-manual-secret/

Ice refuses to be transparent about it's conduct
https://theintercept.com/2018/02/14/ice-denaturalization-naturalized-citizen-immigration/

ICE holds immigrants beyond the time courts say they can be in prison
https://digboston.com/cape-fear-sheriff-sides-with-trump-and-ice-against-constituents-and-immigrants/

Surtur
When you say they hold immigrants beyond the time the courts say they can...those are illegal immigrants, correct?

If ICE truly did that to the farmer it is wrong and those who did it should be punished. But ICE itself is necessary, so it won't be going anywhere.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Surtur
When you say they hold immigrants beyond the time the courts say they can...those are illegal immigrants, correct?

Indeed. Why does this matter?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Indeed. Why does this matter?

If they are Illegals they don't have the same RIGHTS as Legal
Immigrants and Citizens.

There is THAT!

Surtur
Why do leftists consistently call illegal immigrants...immigrants?

Do I need to explain what words mean? You guys are always sure to name the race when a black guy is shot by a cop, so be specific and consistent or you won't be taken seriously, period.

They are *illegal* immigrants. Learn this.

Flyattractor
Words like Gender have no meaning to the Left. They are meant to be Changeable to whatever the narrative of the day is.

Tzeentch

Do I need to explain what words mean? You guys are always sure to name the race when a black guy is shot by a cop, so be specific and consistent or you won't be taken seriously, period.

They are *illegal* immigrants. Learn this. You're ban wasn't nearly long enough.

Surtur
Originally posted by Tzeentch
You're ban wasn't nearly long enough.

*Your

Rockydonovang

Coz they're immigrants? Your inability to infer that an immigrant held by ICE(who's job it is to find illegal immigrants) is illegal isn't my concern.

Furthermore the immigrant being legal or illegal isn't remotely relevant to ICE disregarding the judgement of the courts. So again, I have no obligation to be specific on whether he's legal or illegal.

Are you done deflecting?

Surtur
Coz they're immigrants? Your inability to infer that an immigrant held by ICE(who's job it is to find illegal immigrants) is illegal isn't my concern.

Furthermore the immigrant being legal or illegal isn't remotely relevant to ICE disregarding the judgement of the courts. So again, I have no obligation to be specific on whether he's legal or illegal.

Are you done deflecting?

They are illegal. There is a difference between an illegal immigrant and an immigrant.

Words matter. This is not up for debate.

Your excuses? Irrelevant.

Your feelings? Irrelevant.

Surtur
Let me put it another way: I have no obligation to not point out you're talking about illegal immigrants every time you try to label them merely as "immigrants".

Unless you want to say, right now, "words do not matter". Say it and I will never correct you again on the immigrant thing.

Rockydonovang
They are illegal. There is a difference between an illegal immigrant and an immigrant.

Nope:

Do illegal immigrants come here with the intent to live here permanently? Yes.

So is an illegal immigrant a type of immigrant? Yes.

Is it accurate for me to say that ICE was holding immigrants beyond the time period that legal institutions have determined these immigrants can be held for? Yes.

You can't correct me on something where I'm factually right. Try again.

Surtur
Nope:

Is it accurate for me to say that ICE was holding immigrants beyond the time period that legal institutions have determined these immigrants can be held for? Yes.

I can't tell if this is trolling. There is a difference between an illegal immigrant and someone who came here legally.

NemeBro
Phagboy did not hesitate to clarify when asked if the immigrants are illegal. For some reason Surt is trying really hard to portray Phagboy as some kind of hypocrite or something, when Phagboy never tried to obfuscate that they were illegal. And indeed, the squirt is doing his best to avoid addressing why that matters in the context of this thread.

NemeBro
I can't tell if this is trolling. There is a difference between an illegal immigrant and someone who came here legally. He never specified "legal immigrants", only immigrants, which illegal immigrants would fall under.

Are you trolling? I'd certainly hope so.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by NemeBro
Phagboy did not hesitate to clarify when asked if the immigrants are illegal. For some reason Surt is trying really hard to portray Phagboy as some kind of hypocrite or something, when Phagboy never tried to obfuscate that they were illegal. And indeed, the squirt is doing his best to avoid addressing why that matters in the context of this thread.

That sounds like a very Homophobic Filled Comment to me.

He should be reported but then... There are Rules and then there are RULEZ!

Beniboybling

Words matter. This is not up for debate.

Your excuses? Irrelevant.

Your feelings? Irrelevant. laughing

Originally posted by Tzeentch
You're ban wasn't nearly long enough.

Surtur

Do better.

He never specified "legal immigrants", only immigrants, which illegal immigrants would fall under.

Neat! And I am now specifying: they are illegals. And this "phagboy" actually said there isn't a difference between an illegal immigrant and an immigrant. And before you try to weasel out: he did not say that was only in the context of what he was talking about. I said "there is a difference between illegal and legal" and he said "nope".

Are you trolling? I hope so kiddo.

Bashar Teg
it's impossible to have any sort of reasonable dialogue with this obnoxious phaggot derailing every topic. surt should have been permabanned

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
it's impossible to have any sort of reasonable dialogue with this obnoxious phaggot derailing every topic. surt should have been permabanned

By that logic you should have been permabanned a long time ago.

Silent Master
Just ignore him, Problem solved. Stop letting him trigger you.

Surtur
Originally posted by Silent Master
Just ignore him, Problem solved. Stop letting him trigger you.

IMO this board could use a function that allows you to ignore posters.

Silent Master
Some people would rather everyone they disagree with be perma-banned, so that they can have a "safe space".

Surtur
Anyways, I also made comments pertinent to the topic. Comments about ICE. Comments about how if the farmer is being truthful those responsible need to be punished. Comments about how I still think ICE is necessary.

Plenty to choose from to continue the discussion. Yet the OP then went on to make the very bizarre claim that there is no difference between an illegal immigrant and one who came here legally. Weird.

But yeah. ICE messed up with the farmer if that is true, but we still 100% need this agency.

Surtur
Some people would rather everyone they disagree with be perma-banned, so that they can have a "safe space".

I laugh when people who have derailed many a thread in the past then whine about it.

Bashar Teg

derailing every discussion you don't like with deliberate dishonesty is not "disagreement". oh look jaden quit the forum now just like firefly. another victory for phaggotry. thumb up

Silent Master
What did he say that was dishonest?

Bashar Teg
He never specified "legal immigrants", only immigrants, which illegal immigrants would fall under.

no, nemebro. he's "winning". thumb up

Beniboybling
the OP then went on to make the very bizarre claim that there is no difference between an illegal immigrant and one who came here legally. Weird.he did not lol, you are lying. eek!

Putinbot1
Just ignore him, Problem solved. Stop letting him trigger you. Blimey, even Silent Master admits Surt gets triggered a lot...

That said I don't like seeing anyone banned. Pinnochio, just turn the trollin down to 6 or 7. K?

Surtur
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Blimey, even Silent Master admits Surt gets triggered a lot...

That said I don't like seeing anyone banned. Pinnochio, just turn the trollin down to 6 or 7. K?

Lol you realize he was not referring to me being triggered, but to me triggering others...right? At least I'm 99% sure that is what he was doing.

And as for trolling, it really wasn't. But you of all people shouldn't be talking about trolling lol. You are the ultimate troll.

And yes, the status of the immigrant matters. It is not trolling. It matters because the solutions are different. We should not hold illegal immigrants for longer than warranted, they should be deported. But when it comes to legal immigrants obviously that would not be the solution.

Originally posted by Beniboybling
he did not lol, you are lying. eek!

Yes he did. When I said they were different he said "nope". Then followed it up with "illegals are a type of immigrant!".

Nope:

Surtur
Also IMO some Democrats are looking to get rid of ICE completely. Look at how some reacted when Kamala Harris said ICE was needed. I think if they win in the midterms they will do just that.

Speaking of illegals, San Diego county has now joined the list of other counties in California that are giving a big "Nope" to the sanctuary state law. I'd say there is little chance that San Diego county will be the last to join the lawsuit thumb up

Beniboybling
Yes he did. When I said they were different he said "nope". Then followed it up with "illegals are a type of immigrant!". more lying

You said immigrant, not legal immigrant. An illegal immigrant is a type of immigrant, you moron. eek!

also weren't you banned for lying too? i think i will call you lying surturd from now on. sad

The Ellimist
Ugh

All apples are fruits

Not all fruits are apples

Silent Master
Yes he did. When I said they were different he said "nope". Then followed it up with "illegals are a type of immigrant!".

more lying

-------------------------------

Nope:

Surtur
-------------------------------

It's astounding to me they are going to try to act like they didn't know I meant illegal and legal immigrants. That's some weasely shit lol. And it's why they aren't to be taken seriously.

more lying

You said immigrant, not legal immigrant. An illegal immigrant is a type of immigrant, you moron. eek!

also weren't you banned for lying too? i think i will call you lying surturd from now on. sad

No, I wasn't banned for lying. It would be silly since lying isn't against the rules anyways.

Bashar Teg
and now for the pretend win 69 dicksucking. retards.

Emperordmb
Why can't the rest of you take a cue from Robtard? I don't agree with Robtard on a lot of things but he doesn't come across as if he's constantly menstruating like Bashar, Rocky, AdamPOE, Putinbot, etc.

It's why I can actually have a conversation with the guy.

Silent Master
derailing every discussion you don't like with deliberate dishonesty is not "disagreement". oh look jaden quit the forum now just like firefly. another victory for phaggotry. thumb up

Bashar Teg
yeah it's really everyone else's fault. not your lying thread derailing time wasting troll friends. and never you.

Surtur
Look at this, this is why I think they wanna get rid of ICE, stuff like this:

College Republicans Get In Huge Trouble for Posting 'I.C.E. I.C.E. Baby' Signs

"When the student legislature got wind of this, it released a statement saying it "would like to apologize to the student body for not taking a definitive stance against the violent actions from the College Republicans sooner." It continued: "Members of the senate believe that we should not tolerate or support any individual or organization that perpetuates hate speech on our campus. Direct endangerment of any kind should be condemned on this campus."

So now calling the authorities on a criminal is endangerment. These people are lunatics. So much for "see something, say something".

Silent Master
yeah it's really everyone else's fault. not your lying thread derailing time wasting troll friends. and never you.

How are other people responsible for your actions?

Surtur

Lol LOOK how triggered you are. You belong to a group of friends that do things like dedicate entire threads to writing haikus about me you little weasel. Stop whining. And if what is going on here is "69'ing" then you have Rob's cock in your mouth 24/7 here.

Don't whine about derailments because we did start discussing ICE and the topic and you still can't shut the f*ck up. You're a little baby.

Emperordmb
Look at this, this is why I think they wanna get rid of ICE, stuff like this:

College Republicans Get In Huge Trouble for Posting 'I.C.E. I.C.E. Baby' Signs

"When the student legislature got wind of this, it released a statement saying it "would like to apologize to the student body for not taking a definitive stance against the violent actions from the College Republicans sooner." It continued: "Members of the senate believe that we should not tolerate or support any individual or organization that perpetuates hate speech on our campus. Direct endangerment of any kind should be condemned on this campus."

So now calling the authorities on a criminal is endangerment. These people are lunatics. So much for "see something, say something".
Wait wait wait... those signs=violence?

NemeBro
By that logic you should have been permabanned a long time ago. This at least is accurate.

The Ellimist
So kbro made a thread criticizing the ICE and how they treat immigrants a certain way.

Surtur complained that he used "immigrant" instead of "illegal immigrant".

kbro accurately pointed out that "illegal immigrant" is a subset of "immigrant" so his original statement was accurate.

Surtur seems to be saying, though he hasn't made it explicit, that even if that is syntactically valid, it's still deceptive wording.

kbro responded by noting that the distinction was irrelevant to his point because the court order in question was about all immigrants.

I haven't seen Surtur respond to this.

Surtur
Originally posted by The Ellimist
So kbro made a thread criticizing the ICE and how they treat immigrants a certain way.

Surtur complained that he used "immigrant" instead of "illegal immigrant".

kbro accurately pointed out that "illegal immigrant" is a subset of "immigrant" so his original statement was accurate.

Surtur seems to be saying, though he hasn't made it explicit, that even if that is syntactically valid, it's still deceptive wording.

kbro responded by noting that the distinction was irrelevant to his point because the court order in question was about all immigrants.

I haven't seen Surtur respond to this.

Yes I did respond, it was on the previous page. I said the difference is important because the solution is different. An illegal immigrant should not be held for too long, they should be deported. That is not the solution for legal immigrants.

It can also still be agreed on that holding anyone longer than needed is not right. But there are different ways to approach it.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Emperordmb
he doesn't come across as if he's constantly menstruating like Bashar, Rocky, AdamPOE, Putinbot, etc.

DMB, do you ever read the discussions you jump into?

Rockydonovang
He claimed that illegal immigrants aren't immigrants and then straw manned me as calling illegal immigrants legal. The first one is imply inaccurate and the second one is also an inaccurate reflection of what I said. I'd advise you read the op so you know what surt's complaining about.

Silent Master
He claimed that illegal immigrants aren't immigrants and then straw manned me as calling illegal immigrants legal. The first one is imply inaccurate and the second one is also an inaccurate reflection of what I said. I'd advise you read the op so you know what surt's complaining about.

No, he said that there is a difference between an immigrant and a illegal immigrant.

Rockydonovang
No, he said that there is a difference between an immigrant and a illegal immigrant.
Which is a false statement.

Flyattractor

Even the one difference being the case of One is LEGAL and the Other is NOT!?

Silent Master

No, it's not.

Flyattractor
Actual Truth isn't a Factor Here. This is KMC!

snowdragon
-> Violently arrested a legal immigrant
-> Attacked the farmer
-> Destroyed video evidence

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2018/04/ upstate_ny_farmer_says_ice_officers_stormed_his_fa
rm_without_a_warrant_cuffed_hi.html
http://www.newsweek.com/ice-raid-farm-warrant-immigrant-893388

In regards to this particular post:

Fox Side of Story

Funny how the article you posted tried to spin the narrative around a helpless farmhand that has never done anything wrong.

As far as going in there without a warrant, I can't speak to the legality of that.

I also think its important when speaking about immigrants and the law to identify said parties as either legal or illegal immigrants........

dadudemon

Odd. Many think the same about you. You contribute nothing but whining and trolling. You're actually a worse shit poster than Flyattractor because he sometimes posts news and videos.

Silent Master
Originally posted by snowdragon

Fox Side of Story

Funny how the article you posted tried to spin the narrative around a helpless farmhand that has never done anything wrong.

As far as going in there without a warrant, I can't speak to the legality of that.

I also think its important when speaking about immigrants and the law to identify said parties as either legal or illegal immigrants........

Interesting, it's sad when Fox ends up being more accurate.

Silent Master
Originally posted by dadudemon
Odd. Many think the same about you. You contribute nothing but whining and trolling. You're actually a worse shit poster than Flyattractor because he sometimes posts news and videos.

At least Surt addressed the OP, Bash just went straight to the insults.

Rockydonovang

Fox Side of Story

It's a good thing i said:

I don't assume hearsay is accurate. I leave that for the surt's of the forum.

As for the article, it reported what someone claimed, it did not take a stance on whether or not the man was lying. Not that I find what Trump's departments say paticularly trust worthy.

I don't have to specify when it isn't relevant to my point:

I never made a point regarding his legal status, my sole point is they're not doing what the court said. If you want to find out information that isn't relevant to what I point out, that's your imperative.

And frankly if ICE, detains an immigrant, you should be able to figure out why that is. Surt's complaint would be valid if I called the immigrant legal, but I made no attempt to hide he's illegal. Surt's inability to make simple deductions or just click the article and find out info he wants for his own tangential arguments isn't my problem.

The Ellimist

NemeBro
He is right here though.

He never made an attempt at hiding that the immigrants were illegal (there is not necessarily any difference between illegal immigrants and immigrants because the former is a specification of the latter, asking for specification is fine but to act like he's wrong for using the latter when talking about the former is objectively incorrect). He acknowledged outright that this was the case, before asking Surtur what it mattered.

Surtur then didn't address the comment at all, lambasted "leftists" for calling the illegal immigrants "immigrants" (which as said is objectively correct), went on a tangent about people designating a black person's race, continued condescending to him.

EmperorDMB, this is the guy you cucked so hard for when he got a temp ban? Someone who actively trolls and avoids discussion in favor of mockery? thumb up

Oh, and just so we're clear here, PVS is also completely toxic to legitimate discussion and is a total assclown. thumb down

BackFire
Our savior has spoken.

Flyattractor
Are you Jealous now?

BackFire
Yes. I wish I could hold immigrants indefinitely. There are some hot women south of the border.

Surtur
He is right here though.

He never made an attempt at hiding that the immigrants were illegal (there is not necessarily any difference between illegal immigrants and immigrants because the former is a specification of the latter, asking for specification is fine but to act like he's wrong for using the latter when talking about the former is objectively incorrect). He acknowledged outright that this was the case, before asking Surtur what it mattered.

Surtur then didn't address the comment at all, lambasted "leftists" for calling the illegal immigrants "immigrants" (which as said is objectively correct), went on a tangent about people designating a black person's race, continued condescending to him.

EmperorDMB, this is the guy you cucked so hard for when he got a temp ban? Someone who actively trolls and avoids discussion in favor of mockery? thumb up

Oh, and just so we're clear here, PVS is also completely toxic to legitimate discussion and is a total assclown. thumb down

Lol, I said more than once that it matters because the solutions are different for illegals vs legals.

You can disagree sure, but don't act like I never addressed why I think it matters. Makes you seem like a big 'ol piece of dog shit.

Surtur

Fox Side of Story

It's funny that he did that, but I think if people here are honest...it's 100% not surprising.

Robtard
So I read the whole thread. Surt really shit the bed in here and for what, the use of the word "immigrant". What a joke.

Anyhow, in related thread news: How the Border Patrol Faked Statistics Showing a 73 Percent Rise in Assaults Against Agents

Last November, reports that a pair of U.S. Border Patrol agents had been attacked with rocks at a desolate spot in West Texas made news around the country. The agents were found injured and unconscious at the bottom of a culvert off Interstate 10. Agent Rogelio Martinez soon died from his injuries. Early reports in right-wing media outlets such as Breitbart suggested that the perpetrators were undocumented immigrants, and President Donald Trump quickly embraced the narrative to bolster his campaign for a border wall.

To people familiar with the harsh terrain and the habits of undocumented border crossers, however, the news made little sense. Why would immigrants seeking entry to the U.S. hang out in the middle of nowhere, miles from the border, waiting to randomly attack law enforcement officers?

It was four months before the FBI concluded its investigation and determined that the most likely cause of Martinez’s death was an accidental fall. Meanwhile, media outlets across the political spectrum repeated statistics showing a sharp upward trend in the number of assaults against Border Patrol agents even as the number of undocumented immigrants apprehended while crossing the southern border has dropped. -snip

Alarming if true.

Flyattractor
RadioFree!?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Next time try a CREDIBLE Source Robbie.

HAHHAHAHAAAA!

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
So I read the whole thread. Surt really shit the bed in here and for what, the use of the word "immigrant". What a joke.

Lol, you're the joke. Whatever narrative you need to spin here is fine. But the bottom line is I gave reasons why I felt there should be a distinction, multiple times.

I have yet to see anyone refute it. I have yet to see anyone say the solution for illegals and legal immigrants being held for longer than needed should be exactly the same.

Robtard
Lol, you're the joke. Whatever narrative you need to spin here is fine. But the bottom line is I gave reasons why I felt there should be a distinction, multiple times.

I have yet to see anyone refute it. I have yet to see anyone say the solution for illegals and legal immigrants being held for longer than needed should be exactly the same.

A "no you!", how clever. Fact: You flipped out and derailed the thread over the use of the word "immigrant", which btw Rocky used correctly in context here, these are facts and will not be argued further.

Surtur
A "no you!", how clever. Fact: You flipped out and derailed the thread over the use of the word "immigrant", which btw Rocky used correctly in context here, these are facts and will not be argued further.

Epic fail. Try again.

Bashar Teg

oh my, looks like someone's got a chimp on their shoulder.

Robtard
A shoulder chimp?

Bashar Teg
oops what a funny accidental typo, which was totally accidental.

Rockydonovang
Lol, I said more than once that it matters because the solutions are different for illegals vs legals.

No, whether it's a legally immigrated mass murderer, or an illegally immigrated newspaper boy, the point is the same: ICE isn't following the court's decision. If you want to move the conversation to some tangent, I'm not obligated to provide you the info you need for that tangent.

Silent Master
I'd say that the topic was successfully derailed, you would have been better served just ignoring him

Rockydonovang
I'd say that the topic was successfully derailed, you would have been better served just ignoring him
Yeah. Hindsight's a *****

Rockydonovang

Anyhow, in related thread news: How the Border Patrol Faked Statistics Showing a 73 Percent Rise in Assaults Against Agents

Last November, reports that a pair of U.S. Border Patrol agents had been attacked with rocks at a desolate spot in West Texas made news around the country. The agents were found injured and unconscious at the bottom of a culvert off Interstate 10. Agent Rogelio Martinez soon died from his injuries. Early reports in right-wing media outlets such as Breitbart suggested that the perpetrators were undocumented immigrants, and President Donald Trump quickly embraced the narrative to bolster his campaign for a border wall.

To people familiar with the harsh terrain and the habits of undocumented border crossers, however, the news made little sense. Why would immigrants seeking entry to the U.S. hang out in the middle of nowhere, miles from the border, waiting to randomly attack law enforcement officers?

It was four months before the FBI concluded its investigation and determined that the most likely cause of Martinez’s death was an accidental fall. Meanwhile, media outlets across the political spectrum repeated statistics showing a sharp upward trend in the number of assaults against Border Patrol agents even as the number of undocumented immigrants apprehended while crossing the southern border has dropped. -snip

Alarming if true.
Warrants it's own thread, I'll avoid engaging surt this time.

Robtard
Could just use this one, I don't care if you don't. Surt will be Surt, it is known.

This part: "To people familiar with the harsh terrain and the habits of undocumented border crossers, however, the news made little sense. Why would immigrants seeking entry to the U.S. hang out in the middle of nowhere, miles from the border, waiting to randomly attack law enforcement officers?"

So true, if they're trying to illegally cross and that's their goal, they're not hanging around just waiting for an opportunity to attack law enforcement.

Surtur
No, whether it's a legally immigrated mass murderer, or an illegally immigrated newspaper boy, the point is the same: ICE isn't following the court's decision. If you want to move the conversation to some tangent, I'm not obligated to provide you the info you need for that tangent.

The point is the same, the solution to what ICE needs to do is different. Your topic is literally "what is up with ICE".

There is no "moving" the conversation. Period. It's asinine to suggest it's somehow off topic to discuss solutions.

Rockydonovang
The point is the same, the solution to what ICE needs to do is different. Your topic is literally "what is up with ICE".

There is no "moving" the conversation. Period. It's asinine to suggest it's somehow off topic to discuss solutions.
It doesn't matter if it's off topic or not, I'm not obligated to provide you the info you want for a point, you want to make.

Surtur
It doesn't matter if it's off topic or not, I'm not obligated to provide you the info you want for a point, you want to make.

Lol so if it's not off topic stop whining like a b*tch. Nobody said you were obligated to do anything.

Rockydonovang
Don't call yourself a nobody surt:

Self confidence is important.

Surtur
Where did I say you were obligated to discuss it? Lol!

You don't want to discuss any solutions because the intent of this thread is for you to whine about ICE.

snowdragon

So back to this point, arrests of illegal aliens on private property is ICE breaking the law?

Probable cause:

So if ICE agents are able to identify said illegals prior to entering private property does that mean by virtue of being an illegal immigrant automatically invoke probable cause?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.