Persuader vs Odinson

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Persuader from the Fatal Five vs Odinson with his ax. No bfr.

deathslash
Thor wins. Their axes should be about equal but the real decider of this fight is Odinson's lightning imo.

Zack M
Lighting won't do anything because of the axe. Lightning Lad, anyone?

riv6672
Interesting fight.
Really depends on how Persuader is written.

cdtm
Persuader wins, with ease.

leonidas
really? what makes you say that? i'd think a solid lightning strike would end this without even getting into whether p's axe could slice through thor's axe....

riv6672

cdtm
It's all about the axe. Thor could end it, it's just more likely he and his weapon get cut in half first.

leonidas
Originally posted by cdtm
It's all about the axe. Thor could end it, it's just more likely he and his weapon get cut in half first.

with a standard starting distance he gets cut before thor lays him out with a lightning strike? afraid i'm not seeing that happening.... /shrug

DarkSaint85
He cuts the lightning in half, silly.

Zack M
Yeah, me thinks he cuts it in half, like here.

https://i.imgur.com/5CP4vZ3.jpg

leonidas
a bolt out of the blue? c'mon. it made more sense when ds said it. as most things do. thumb up

cdtm
He did in that scan.

celeyhyga17
Odinson.
Persuader could take a win or two, but not a majority.

cdtm
Persuader could one shot Mangog, Thanos, or PC Validus imo.

At least if we're going by the nonsensical pc type feats. Cutting off concepts or forces of nature.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If Thor is a lightning storm, Garth is the taser Stilt keeps in his purse 90% of the time.

Anyways, they clash axes. Thor punches his lights out, or drops a lighting bolt on his dome.

cdtm
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
If Thor is a lightning storm, Garth is the taser Stilt keeps in his purse 90% of the time.

Anyways, they clash axes. Thor punches his lights out, or drops a lighting bolt on his dome.

Atomic Axe should beat Jarnbjorn.

The axe cut up a sun eater. I think it can handle a storm.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Maybe if he let it sit there and the Persuader went at it. Otherwise, I highly doubt it would matter if an axe that can withstand the molten energies of Exitar and enchanted by Asgard clashed with it. Thor's black Uru arm even withstood an assault from a Beyonder. Enchanted Uru can be damaged, but often, it's basically indestructible.

I'm sure there are high-end feats that the Atomic Axe has accomplished (It's hard to keep track, the different time-lines. Much less when you throw in the PC nonsense) but Mjolnir has done everything from punch through dimensions, space/time, reality etc. to channeling Cosmic energies as well and it didn't shatter the axe.

People forget it, Thor's axe was hyped as the most powerful artifact in Marvel when the Apocalypse story-line was being promoted.

I'm sure Thor will make it a convenient frontal assault that he can cut neatly in half.

Zack M

It also cut through time and space. thumb up It seems more versatile than Thor's.

cdtm
Maybe if he let it sit there and the Persuader went at it. Otherwise, I highly doubt it would matter if an axe that can withstand the molten energies of Exitar and enchanted by Asgard clashed with it. Thor's black Uru arm even withstood an assault from a Beyonder. Enchanted Uru can be damaged, but often, it's basically indestructible.

I'm sure there are high-end feats that the Atomic Axe has accomplished (It's hard to keep track, the different time-lines. Much less when you throw in the PC nonsense) but Mjolnir has done everything from punch through dimensions, space/time, reality etc. to channeling Cosmic energies as well and it didn't shatter the axe.

People forget it, Thor's axe was hyped as the most powerful artifact in Marvel when the Apocalypse story-line was being promoted.

I'm sure Thor will make it a convenient frontal assault that he can cut neatly in half.

That enchantment was narrow though. Specifically meant to cut celestial.

Otherwise. it's an ordinary mystical axe. I can see it cutting through someone like Superman, the same way Wonder Woman's magic swords do, but can't see it tanking something as loony toons as what Persuader has.

I mean, theoretically it can cut off the Odinforce itself, on feats.

celeyhyga17
Persuader could one shot Mangog, Thanos, or PC Validus imo.

At least if we're going by the nonsensical pc type feats. Cutting off concepts or forces of nature.
What are current Persuader's feats? Iirc he couldn't cut through some kind of shielding. And he got toasted by lightning.

Zack M
He actually cut through Brainiac 5's shield, and that's the toughest you can get. He didn't have his axe when he was fried by the lightning, if that's the instance you're talking about.

celeyhyga17
Oh was it B5? And he did cut it? I could have sworn he didn't cut it.
And he was downed by lightning. Maybe he was hit from a different angle?

Zack M
Are you talking about the same issue I posted? Yeah, he was sucker shot from Lightning Lass from behind, on top of lightning lad.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hmmm...now if only Thor could summon lighting from all directions, attack with the elements from behind etc.

He is far stronger than Persuader with much greater skill from what I've seen (There's gotta be at least one time-line where Persuader has KOed Karate Kid or something though) with weapons.

I don't see why he couldn't just...rip the axe from Persuader and pummel him to death after getting close.

Maybe Persuader could cut through space/time for bfr but those are uncontrolled rips from what I've seen. They could create enough chaos to keep Thor at bay briefly but doesn't do much for furthering the fight. And it's equivalent to Thor god-blasting.

That enchantment was narrow though. Specifically meant to cut celestial.

Otherwise. it's an ordinary mystical axe. I can see it cutting through someone like Superman, the same way Wonder Woman's magic swords do, but can't see it tanking something as loony toons as what Persuader has.

I mean, theoretically it can cut off the Odinforce itself, on feats.

I know, but it still has to be ridiculous durable to survive the energies of a Celestial, blows with Mjolnir etc.

It jumped into the great Beyond and was knocking a Beyonder away during Secret Wars 2. It was outright said to be the most powerful artifact in Madvel. I don't think it's just a mystical axe in terms of raw durability....

That would be a sight to see. It did cut through Raven's soul self but that manifestation has been injured before.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Zack M
Are you talking about the same issue I posted? Yeah, he was sucker shot from Lightning Lass from behind, on top of lightning lad.
Yeah I believe so.

Anyways, I took a quick look of those issues. Tharok hacked into B5's tech and took the shield down. Persuader wasn't able to penetrate it.
And he was downed by light lad after light lass hit him from behind. Persuader did have his axe with him.
Odinson's lightning can hit you from all angles. He can hit you straight up, from above, diagonally, or even a large wide strike. That's what makes it soo hard to anticipate. Persuader won't be able to evade it. It's an uphill battle for Persuader.

Zack M
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Yeah I believe so.

Anyways, I took a quick look of those issues. Tharok hacked into B5's tech and took the shield down. Persuader wasn't able to penetrate it.
And he was downed by light lad after light lass hit him from behind. Persuader did have his axe with him.
Odinson's lightning can hit you from all angles. He can hit you straight up, from above, diagonally, or even a large wide strike. That's what makes it soo hard to anticipate. Persuader won't be able to evade it. It's an uphill battle for Persuader.

I was talking about this instance.

https://i.imgur.com/7AFn0W8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CIoKyjL.jpg

Classic Persuader was going toe to toe with Kryptonians and Daxamites, even taking down the entire Legion, if he wanted.

celeyhyga17
How the heck did u go from this...
https://i.imgur.com/5CP4vZ3.jpg
To this..?
I was talking about this instance.

https://i.imgur.com/7AFn0W8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CIoKyjL.jpg

Classic Persuader was going toe to toe with Kryptonians and Daxamites, even taking down the entire Legion, if he wanted.

Zack M
I was just listing past feats from Persuader. He did cut through a Sun Eater (Which consumed a galaxies worth of energy), cut through B5's force field, etc...

riv6672

celeyhyga17
I was just listing past feats from Persuader. He did cut through a Sun Eater (Which consumed a galaxies worth of energy), cut through B5's force field, etc...
Looks like he knocked out B5 and did not actually cut his force field. Probably due to the proximity of the field to his person.

The scene I was talking about is associated with the one in your first scan(current Persuader). The forced field was a much larger bubble that he was using to shield a group of Legionaires.

cdtm
Pretty useless force field then. Never knocked him out by Superman hitting it, he bounced right off.

celeyhyga17
Pretty useless force field then. Never knocked him out by Superman hitting it, he bounced right off.
Not totally useless. GL autoshields for example... They can get hurt, but it still protects them from most things.

cdtm
Persuader isn't known for his hitting power, though. A hit from him wouldn't budge the shield.

And the axe doesn't amp his hitting power, either. It either cuts something, or doesn't.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It bypassed the force field enough to knock him out but not enough to kill Braniac 5. Typical force field portrayal.

celeyhyga17
Huh? That's like saying Persuader doesn't apply force on his swings.
The current Persuader caused a ground shockwave from hitting it hard. He didn't simply slice it like hot knife through butter.

deathslash
It didn't cut the the force field. Brainiac was knocked out by the force of the attack (hence why he doesn't have a single cut on him, and also why the sound effect of "whokk!" is in that scan)

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Huh? That's like saying Persuader doesn't apply force on his swings.
The current Persuader caused a ground shockwave from hitting it hard. He didn't simply slice it like hot knife through butter.

That's what I meant but I realize my post is worded poorly. The force of his swing knocked him out, but it didn't cut the actual force field. Or not enough to do any visible damage to braniac.

Regardless, no clue how that scan supports Persuader winning here..

panthergod
Persuader wins, and Jarborn gets sliced in two, easily.

celeyhyga17
That's what I meant but I realize my post is worded poorly. The force of his swing knocked him out, but it didn't cut the actual force field. Or not enough to do any visible damage to braniac.

Was replying to cdtm

cdtm
Superman nearly knocked himself out against the shield. PC Validus can't break it.

I'd say Persuader doing enough to KO Quill is an impressive feat.

abhilegend
Persuader cuts Odinson in half.

leonidas

Originally posted by panthergod
Persuader wins, and Jarborn gets sliced in two, easily.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Persuader cuts Odinson in half.

laughing out loud

guess that answers that question. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.